Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,114 members, 7,821,826 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:35 PM

Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? (547 Views)

How Do I Comport Myself While Meeting My Girl's Parent For The First Time. / A Woman Who Visits A Man Without Her Parent's Consent Is A Prostitute / Man Kneels Down To Propose To His Baby Mama. See Their Daughter's Reaction (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by xyoung: 10:52pm On Jan 07, 2017
This question is bothering me! A closed friend asked me if he must seek his girlfriend consent before giving her ring! Both him and girlfriend are madly in love and being together for awhile. Her mom likes him but her dad doesn't like him that much! Is there anything wrong with proposing to his girlfriend?
Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by Splinz(m): 10:54pm On Jan 07, 2017
Let him go ahead and propose to his love.
Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by xyoung: 10:56pm On Jan 07, 2017
Sorry I mean, must he seek his girl parent consent before engaging his babe?
Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by Splinz(m): 11:01pm On Jan 07, 2017
xyoung:
Sorry I mean, must he seek his girl parent consent before engaging his babe?

Engagement right belongs to the girl. She's the one that has the right to either accept or reject the proposal.

While marriage concerns belongs to the parent. They can as well either accept or refuse the marriage.

So he doesn't need to consult the girl's parent before engaging his babe.
Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by Nobody: 11:11pm On Jan 07, 2017
I no know for you o. But before me engage any girl I go make sure say her people know me and like me. Emotional complications are best avoided at the early stage.

1 Like

Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by dacblogger: 11:16pm On Jan 07, 2017
you want to marry som1's daughter without seeking permission from him...na u born the girl angry, which planet are you from?

2 Likes

Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by mKc9ET(m): 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
No.... No because remember its just engagement not a marriage but make sure the girls parents know you and you are freindly with dem, even the girl dont need to be consulted bu told
Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by delishpot: 11:20pm On Jan 07, 2017
Yes. It is importan to know that her family supports your intended union before asking her to marry you. Better know what they think of you before you invest yourself too deeply
Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by PapaNnamdi: 11:24pm On Jan 07, 2017
Pls

Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by Cholls(m): 11:28pm On Jan 07, 2017
dacblogger:
you want to marry som1's daughter without seeking permission from him...na u born the girl angry, which planet are you from?
my sister

Re: Must A Man Seek A Girl Parent Consent B4 Engaging Their Daughter? by xyoung: 11:33pm On Jan 07, 2017
dacblogger:
Her mom already like my friend naaa but father is just indifferent. He want to engage her seriously. They are madly in love but he doesn't know how the father will take the news

(1) (Reply)

Woman Breastfeeds Her Child During Her Wedding Ceremony- See Photo / Why Would He Propose?. / Husband Scarcity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.