Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,716 members, 7,809,711 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? (12026 Views)

List Of Highest Paid Parastatal /agency / Best Parastatal To Work With Under Ministry Of Finance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by honey001(m): 5:59pm On Jan 08, 2017
Please, I will like to know which one is better out of the two jobs, he presently works in one of the federal govt agency and another door opens at one of the newly established private university as non teaching staff. both jobs has same schedule. Salary of the fresh job not known yet, but was told that it operates on Federal scale too.... a
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by 2el(m): 6:08pm On Jan 08, 2017
honey001:
Please, I will like to know which one is better out of the two jobs, he presently works in one of the federal govt agency and another door opens at one of the newly established private university as non teaching staff. both jobs has same schedule. Salary of the fresh job not know yet, but was told that it operates on Federal scale too....

connect me as ur replacement with the Federal Job and go for the Private University Job...

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by LilChamp: 7:22pm On Jan 08, 2017
honey001:
Please, I will like to know which one is better out of the two jobs, he presently works in one of the federal govt agency and another door opens at one of the newly established private university as non teaching staff. both jobs has same schedule. Salary of the fresh job not known yet, but was told that it operates on Federal scale too.... a

Whc of the new private University, is it owned by church or individual. B4 I give my advice.
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by honey001(m): 8:13pm On Jan 08, 2017
LilChamp:

Whc of the new private University, is it owned by church or individual. B4 I give my advice.

Church.
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by George2016(m): 7:08am On Jan 10, 2017
Ask Google
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by nony43(m): 7:08am On Jan 10, 2017
Which kind question b this biko. Is there any work that more secured than Federal work. Federal work is you enter be say you don enter

9 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by mailingdgreat: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2017
Guy hold ur federal govt job like egg o. Dat Na opportunity well many dey look for and dem no see.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Araoluwa005(m): 7:10am On Jan 10, 2017
I think the federal government job is better by far

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by nmreports: 7:10am On Jan 10, 2017
Depends on two things:

1. Your goals in life (You love the academic enviroment or you love the flexibility that FG jobs provide).
2. Your career path or choice of career path (Accountant or an engineer).

However, very risky to join a newly established private uni. Some of them have challenges paying remuneration.

Read How To Avoid Career Mistakes: http://www.hrtechnique.com/2016/12/how-to-avoid-career-mistakes.html

6 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by kbams241: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2017
non is beta..go and register for n=power..or sign up for d N5000 monthly pay..mtchewww

8 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by OpssonD1: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2017
Details are sketchy. What are the incentives for the private university?
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Generalkorex(m): 7:11am On Jan 10, 2017
Fed govt

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Nobody: 7:11am On Jan 10, 2017
Bro go for Federal, ur prospects is very high with the Fed.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Pavore9: 7:12am On Jan 10, 2017
The Federal govt job offers more security.
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by KealDrogo: 7:12am On Jan 10, 2017
Mr original poster, this shouldn't be a question undecided yes the private job may pay more at the beginning but how secured is the job in the long run? With all these hiring and firing competition among private companies/organizations in Nigeria how long do you think you can last on that job. Take it from me nothing beats Federal job, The packages that comes with it are too good. Not to talk about the free time you will have pursuing other things. Even President Buhari will acknowledge this.
Privates don't allow you breathing space they will excessively milk you for every penny you being paid.

4 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by mayorkyzo: 7:15am On Jan 10, 2017
There is nothing more secured than a federal job....
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Adonis3: 7:16am On Jan 10, 2017

If you wanna avoid stress and for better job security and flexibility

Biko stay with the federal job oo... Ehen!

#Adonis3HasSpoken

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by yomalex(m): 7:17am On Jan 10, 2017
depends on the type of private university sha
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Benjom(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2017
I'll choose private over federal anyday.
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by jericco1(m): 7:20am On Jan 10, 2017
Government
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Praktikals(m): 7:27am On Jan 10, 2017
Majority carry the vote: Go for fedira.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Immatex(m): 7:28am On Jan 10, 2017
So things have turned so bad in this country that people now have doubts about Federal jobs

In the good old days, questions like this never arose for any reason.

A federal job with assured salaries, allowances, gratuity and pension

This change is a curse!

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by truthspeaks: 7:29am On Jan 10, 2017
His decision. So dat u don't blame any1 for advising u wrong. Make ur decision n take responsibility for it
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Withambition(m): 7:30am On Jan 10, 2017
honey001:
the Federal Government appointment has what is called "statutory flavour" which means they cannot just wake up one day and lay him off except he is guilty of gross misconduct.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by victorD3: 7:30am On Jan 10, 2017
Private Universities owe sometimes up to 5 month salary. If you most choose them go for Government Job. Opposition party and media noises etc would never allow government owe you that much.

2 Likes

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2017
Thank you for telling us you have connection

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Nobody: 7:31am On Jan 10, 2017
I swear this post came right on cue,this is my situation right now.the private company pays better monthly in my case,while the federal job provides job security.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Thobiy(m): 7:34am On Jan 10, 2017
Pavore9:
The Federal govt job offers more security.
It is true
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Lanretoye(m): 7:36am On Jan 10, 2017
you take the private university job and gimme that of the FG parastatal
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by olumide81(m): 7:43am On Jan 10, 2017
honey001:
Private Universities are IGR driven and some don't pay during holidays, Though Academic environment encourage Career development.

1 Like

Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by Tajbol4splend(m): 7:47am On Jan 10, 2017
Assess both jobs in terms of safety and income then you got your answer
Re: Which One Is Better, Federal Govt Job In A Parastatal Of Private University? by hollowpot15684(m): 8:19am On Jan 10, 2017
it depends on what you are trying to pursue.. what is your life goal?

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Job Tips: Why Being Successful In Life Has Nothing At All To Do With Age / Ongoing Oil And Gas Jobs Recruitment Via Workforce Group / How To Appy For Lorache Group Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.