Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,332 members, 7,811,971 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:19 AM

Cold - Literature (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Cold (38947 Views)

Cold Heart In Love / Cold But Charmin / Stone Cold (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 8:03am On Apr 12, 2017
August had decided to spend his last night with the only member of the Rodneck family that he actually loved. They had bade each other goodnight at exactly 9pm. They walked into their room and shut the door behind them.

"Now, it's going to be scary at the graveyard," he whispered to her, sliding the window open.
"I don't mind, you will be there with me, right?"
"Yea, just don't want you to start squealing or anything."
"I happen to be braver than you," she announced, he turned from the window to face her in the darkness, the bright moon cast it's rays on her face.
"No you are not," he replied.
"Yes I am."
"You are not!"
He was determined to let the argument drag but she wasn't. She was too eager to be at the graveyard for the first time.
"Can we get going now?" she asked, he turned back to the window and climbed out. She followed behind him and he grabbed her halfway, helping her to the ground.

They made their way through the streets, slipping through alleys at intervals and moving in the shadows, away from the lights of the moon.
Far behind them, Jaycee walked, his hand clutching his pistol strapped to his waist.

They branched off at the church entrance and trudged slowly to the back of the church, wading their way through the cluster of wooden crosses on the graves, the walked to Joseph's grave, he introduced her to him like he was there live with them, she wiped a tear from her eyes when she noticed the sorrow in his voice.

"Don't cry, I'm sure he is in heaven," she consoled with a teary voice.
"He killed people too, they were bad people but God won't allow killers into heaven, right?"
"God will forgive him and accept him, I will pray for him every night."
He nodded and so much wished she was right about the forgiveness, he still had his doubts. He clutched her hand and led her to Maria's grave.

"She was my only sister, I killed the man that shot her."
She squeezed his hand at the revelation and sniffed. They stood silent for a while before she jerked her head up and took a look around the entire graveyard. The sheer size of it and the core silence got to her and she shivered from fear for the first time.

"I think someone is here," she whispered, holding onto him. He took a look around and everywhere was silent.
"Nobody is here, it's just us."
"But I heard something," she insisted and he frowned.
"It's just your mind deceiving you. You are scared already."

They both sat on the grave in silence for some time, the sound of movements from behind them startled them and they turned with a jerk, Oscar appeared before them with a broad smile. Janet was already on her way to freaking out when August grabbed her and calmed her down.

"Sorry I took too long, had things to take care of," he apologized and August nodded.
"Who is she?" he asked, nodding towards Janet.
"My friend, her name is Janet."
"How are you Janet?" he asked, taking a seat on the grave beside them. She murmured a "fine thank you" and kept mute again.
"So August, how's school?"
"I'm leaving town tomorrow," he announced. Oscar gave him a sharp looked which he returned.
"To where?"
"New York."
"Why, who's idea?"
"Jaime, I took care of Terry and again something happened," he answered, suddenly feeling a tinge of pride, remembering his encounter with Terry.
"Okay, One at a time boy," they both heaved s sigh and he continued "What happened with Terry?"
"I put him down with a shovel, it was after school and he was begging me, lying there on the floor but I took my revenge well enough." he replied with pride and Oscar nodded.
"There, you are on your way to becoming a real Donati."
August nodded with a smile of satisfaction on his face.
"Now, the second part, what happened?"

He told him the story of the attempted kidnap and the shoot out, Oscar expressed mock surprise as he drew him a picture of the event. He pulled a paper from his pocket and handed it over to him.

"There's an address, you can always send a later while you are gone."
He took the paper and slipped it into his pocket.
"We have to Go home," he muttered, getting up from the grave, Janet followed suit.
"Okay. Don't forget to write when you can."
"Yes....."
He was interrupted by the sound of moving feet. Janet clutched tighter to him while Oscar drew his pistol.
They combed the dark silent grave yard and everywhere was empty.

"Did you hear that?" Oscar whispered and August murmured a yes.
They kept silent for some seconds before a they saw a dark, lone figure walking towards them, the moon highlighting the silhouette of a firearm in his hand.

"Who are you?" Oscar shouted and got no reply. An uneasy silence followed in which the three of them stood there in visible fear, Oscar torn between the decision of making a run for it or blowing the advancing stranger into bits. He was still at it when Carlos walked into their clear view, his gun pointed at Oscar.

"Drop it," he ordered coldly, nodding towards the gun in Oscar's hand. He hesitated but the sound of Carlos releasing the safety catch of his gun compelled him. He dropped the gun to the ground slowly and slid over to his feet.

"Now, August, follow me," he commanded, picking the gun from the ground.
August stood for a while staring at the dark face which shone under the light of the moon.

"No!" he snapped. Everyone turned to look at him, a great deal of surprise on each of their faces.
"Ain't got time to waste with you kid, get moving," he snapped.
August moved back, clutching Janet by the hand, he dragged her closer and broke into a run, Carlos made a move to go after then, shifting his attention from Oscar, he grabbed the opportunity and threw a punch across his face. The stun sent him tumbling over the grave, he fell face down still holding onto the two guns.

Oscar dropped a kick on him and missed by a hair as he rotated to his back and fired the two guns at him, he jumped to the ground, picking himself up as fast and made a run to the side of a grave, using the big cross as shield.

Carlos got up from the grave and search his surroundings with eyes.
"Come on man, show your dead face so I can be through with this, I got a kid to catch," he yelled, doing a 360 degree spin in search for both August and Oscar, the guns ready in his hands.

Oscar peeped from behind the Cross at him, he had his back on him, yelling away into the night.
He crawled out from behind the Cross and stood up stealthily. He did his calculations and made a dash for Carlos and would have nailed him if he hadn't done a last second shift. Oscar's punch flew through the air and threw him off balance.
Carlos popped in a feet for him and he tumbled to the ground, just before him.

"Here we are again, my gun and your gun in your face, any last wishes?"
Oscar looked up at him in anger, the smug on his face hit hard at him and he felt so angry and defeated.

"My last wish, when you are done killing me, you can go Bleep your self!"
"Oh, I will try to remember that," he replied with a grin.
"And one last thing,"
"What?"
"Watch out for August, he will decapitate you soon enough."
"Oh,I look forward to that, now get up and get on your knees," he commanded, Oscar got up on his knees, backing him and ready for his execution.

He thought he heard the hammer click and closed his eyes, the sound was distance but a little loud, he felt the heavy body drop on his back and the weight sent him crashing to the ground under the weight of Carlos. 2 more gunshots followed and Carlos spread out, still on him.

"You look quite comfortable there."
He could swear with his life that the voice was Jaycee's. He heaved the body off him and lay back on the ground, staring up at the boyish grin.
"Impeccable timing bro," he replied, breathing heavily.
Jaycee gave him his right hand, he grabbed onto it and he pulled him up from the ground.

"I saw it all," Jaycee said with a smile.
He bent down and brushed off the dust from his body and then straightened again.
"Saw what?"
"You, you could have hit him before he got to you, you just stood there staring at him."
"Bleep it man, I thought it was you bro."
"Yea right, you thought it was me, I knew Nancy would have done it better than you," he said with a grin and Oscar shook his head, he could take the joke at least he came out alive and he was glad about it.
They shifted their attention to the body on the ground, observing it like cops on a crime scene.

"What do we do with him?" Jaycee asked, giving Oscar a stare.
"He died in a grave yard, if you ask me, there's no where more perfect."
"Good then, pick the guns lets get out of here."
"The kids?"
"I bet they are at home now, we will meet again, at least I'm glad August happened to have more guts than you."
Oscar gave him a long stare and he burst out laughing.
He knew the taunting was just about to start as they walked out into the street, passing Williams in his black coat hidden at a dark alley.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/cold-33.html?m=1#more

2 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 8:04am On Apr 12, 2017
Hello
Re: Cold by stephenGee12(m): 9:52am On Apr 12, 2017
Chipappii:
Hello

Chipapii boss I still dey here oooo.... But u f up sha. No updates on nl and blog. Welcome back.
Try call everyone back and let them no that the king of cold is back..
Re: Cold by stephenGee12(m): 9:59am On Apr 12, 2017
Kingin55,missmosy,harameeda99,amido007,elhazy and others. Chipapii is back

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2017
stephenGee12:

Chipapii boss I still dey here oooo.... But u f up sha. No updates on nl and blog. Welcome back.
Try call everyone back and let them no that the king of cold is back..

Thanks Bro! It was school and exam o grin. Thanks
Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:57pm On Apr 12, 2017
weldone bro.nice story

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 3:58pm On Apr 12, 2017
BlissfulJeff:
weldone bro.nice story

Thanks bro
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:03pm On Apr 12, 2017
Each time he looked into her eyes, his soul seemed to know a kind of peace he couldn't explain, whenever she was there, nothing else seemed to be real except what he felt for her. Even the thought of her being his seemed a mirage. He could stare at her for a stretch of seconds and not blink, she would often taunt him over his stares.

"The way you look at me, one would think you would eat me if you had the chance."
"I would eat you if I could."
"Why don't you try," she replied, flashing her natural long eyelash at him.
"I would have to kill you to eat you, I will sure die after you."
She giggled and hugged him.

Times like that was one of those moments he would wish a day would last 1000 hours and not 24 hours. He could never get enough of her.

Kim was the only person Williams could swear that he loved, she came just when he needed her and now she was dead. The whole world could squeeze into the hole she left in his heart and it would still look like a drop of water into the ocean.

He couldn't cry for her, he didn't see tears as the best he could give her, he just swore to send the people that killed her after her.

She had been a victim of the politics. People wanted her father dead and she just happened to be in the way, in the end she was killed, her father too.

"You know, when I think of it, I just fail to figure it out," he started, smiling up at the star lit sky.
"What dear?" she asked, working on his hairs, twisting them into a coil.
"It's just how I have managed to live all these whiles, not knowing someone like you and then all of a sudden, you showed up and it's like I can't even breath when you are not there."
She shut her eyes and dropped her head on his, he inhaled the scent from her hair and smiled.
"I love you Will," she whispered.
"I love you too Kim."

They walked through the green field holding onto each other, their path lit by the moon. They walked to her car and lay against it.
"I am going to miss you," he muttered and kissed her lightly on the lips. She held his head and pulled it closer to her face, she bit his lips lightly and they went into a kissing spree, neither of them wanting to let go.

"I could do this all night," he murmured, biting her earlobes.
"I could too but it's getting later, dad would be worried."
"Yea, so how's tomorrow going to be?" he asked.
"I'm free like air, hope you are still coming over?"
"Sure thing, just put your old man somewhere he won't be a bother to us."
She laughed and rubbed the tip of her nose against his and he laughed too.
"He is running out of town tomorrow, don't know where he is going though, so he won't be a bother."
"That's cool, so it's all us alone."
"Sure, come let me drop you off, it's already 10pm."

She let him drive her like she had always done. They drove through the silent street, falling in love over and over again over a blues playing on the car stereo. Each time he looked at her, her deep blue eyes came at him, tearing his heart into shreds leaving him helpless against his own emotions. He loved her and there was no denying it.

"When do we get to be together forever?" she asked, placing her head round his shoulder.
"Soon, after I talk to your dad."
"Are you scared of talking to him?" she asked, beaming her bright eyes on him.
"No I'm not, just want to know when it's convenient enough, the gap between both our families is as big as."
"As big as what?" she asked, her eyes still on him.
"I don't know, maybe as big as the gap between St Mathews and Georgian."
She let out a giggle and roughened his hair with her left hand.
"I knew you would say that."
"Really?" he asked, shifting his gaze from the road to her eyes.
"Yes, but then, our love is there to bridge the gap, not so?"
"I guess," he replied and nodded.

He pulled over in front of their house and turned to face her.
"I hate saying goodbye each time," he muttered and kissed her.
"Tomorrow is ours dear, I love you like sick," she whispered and hugged him.
"Yes, Tomorrow is ours and I would make sure we grab it for ourselves alone, no Mr Taylor to ruin it for us."
She laughed and rubbed her nose against his.
"I will lock him in the basement if he tried to," she whispered and they both laughed.
Glances exchanged and the promise of meeting again tomorrow were made, he kissed her Goodnight, the last he ever did, the moment he walked out of the car was the last he ever saw her alive.

He banged his fist against the wooden table as the memories flash through his head, he could almost feel her touches in the dark room. He bit his lips and anticipated the feeling he would get if she was there to kiss him. He eyes grew red with fury and he shook his head, clenching his fist.

"I will get them all, even if it will mean my fucking life."

2 Likes

Re: Cold by Emekus92(m): 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2017
S William killed his parents. Nice write u bro keep it up

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 4:31pm On Apr 12, 2017
Emekus92:
S William killed his parents. Nice write u bro keep it up

Thanks bro
Re: Cold by ozil01: 7:23pm On Apr 12, 2017
Oga chipapi,
Well done oo, u don come bvck...thank God oo
Based on logistics these story don they twist my head like oliver twist...
buh na wa oo, u show u know even call me.... embarassed
isoryt i would cry alone...after all na only me waka come

1 Like

Re: Cold by Ifecoded(m): 9:40pm On Apr 12, 2017
You think just two updates is enough to bribe us right? No matter how long those updates are, your ass needs spanking, like good thrashing o, like that of Juve- Barca.
Anyways good to see you back.
Chipappii

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:50pm On Apr 12, 2017
ozil01:
Oga chipapi,
Well done oo, u don come bvck...thank God oo
Based on logistics these story don they twist my head like oliver twist...
buh na wa oo, u show u know even call me.... embarassed
isoryt i would cry alone...after all na only me waka come

Baba no vex abeg. Welcome
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 9:51pm On Apr 12, 2017
Ifecoded:
You think just two updates is enough to bribe us right? No matter how long those updates are, your ass needs spanking, like good thrashing o, like that of Juve- Barca.
Anyways good to see you back.
Chipappii
Lol. Bros abeg. Have mercy.

Thanks grin
Re: Cold by stephenGee12(m): 6:56am On Apr 13, 2017
Chipappii:

Thanks Bro! It was school and exam o grin. Thanks

Hope u aced it sha
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:05am On Apr 13, 2017
"Someone lives really large."
Jaycee picked a chain off the shinning wooden table and examined it like a collector.
"Do you think it's really gold?"
Oscar shot him a look and shook his head.
"How do I know, never seen a real one before."
"Sure you haven't."

Jaycee scavenged the room more while Oscar kept to his cookie.
"Stan sure knows his cookies."
"And you sure are an idiot," Jaycee replied holding up a portrait photograph of Stanley and Maria. He caressed her face and shook his head.

"Do you think he really loved her?" Oscar asked, creeping up from behind him.
"I don't know but she probably fucking loved him."
He dropped the photo with a bang and the sound of a car pulling up in the front tarmac followed.
Oscar ran to the window and took a peek.
"He's back, new car."
"I can see that," he replied, looking down at the roof of the car.

Stanley walked up to the stairs, too occupied to notice that the door wasn't supposed to be open.

"Hey Stan," Jaycee called out as he opened the door. "Nice to meet you again."
He caught himself from tripping to the floor, he had never seen a ghost before.
"Jaycee?" He asked, the shock still on him, he walked the tiled floor slowly like he was walking on a knife edge.
"Yea, it's me, I obviously didn't die, but Maria," he started. "She died, Joseph too and August is so bleeped up."
"I know bro, hurts me how things went so wrong, I lost Maria too, not just you, I lost a friend in Joseph and the one I loved most, Maria, I lost her too and you don't know how happy I am to see you standing here."
He advanced closer as he spoke.
"Could you do me a favor?" Jaycee asked.
"What?"
"Just stand the Bleep where you are, do not come any closer than you already are."

He heaved himself up the table while Oscar sat on a couch, the plate of cookie on his laps. Stanley was the only one standing.
"Williams' still alive, are you aware of that?" Oscar asked and Stanley gave him a look that made him assume he never knew.
"He was killed at Town Square that day, how could he possibly be alive?"
"I don't know, he just is but then, what I find confusing is your parts in all this. You gave us away that day, you were obviously walking with the black Mercedes team, just like Williams is but you seem not to know much."
He searched his face for reactions and got a faked look of confusion.
"I don't understand what you are talking about," Stanley replied.

Jaycee drew the gun from his waist and pointed it at him.
"Maria got off the phone with you the day she was killed, she told you which way we were going and funny enough, the black Mercedes squad showed up, Stan, tell me, what is happening. Who wants us dead and why?"

"I think you are putting the right questions to the wrong person, trust me Jay, if I knew who it was, he would have long been dead for taking Maria from me."
He watched his face, trying to figure out how convincing he sounded. Jaycee's face showed no emotion, even if they were there, he didn't see them.

"How would you know? You are too inconsequential to know, you are just the bloody snitch and pawn you are known for."

A car pulled up to the front with a mighty screech, Jaycee looked away from Stanley and to the window, he grabbed the opportunity and pulled a pistol from his hips.
"Oops," Jaycee muttered and dashed away from the table, followed behind by hot bullets. Oscar threw his plate of cookies at Stanley and fell behind the couch.

"Sorry Jay, just doing my Job, a bloke's gotta survive."
He moved slowly with his back against the door, turned the knob and ran down the stairs. His car left within seconds.

"Jay, you okay?" Oscar asked, creeping out from behind the couch.
"I'm alive."
He held onto his bleeding hand and crawled out.
"I was grazed by the bullet."
"Let me see," he said, walking up to where he crouched on the floor. He raised the bleeding hand and nodded.
"Nothing Much, just a scratch."
"Yea, except that it hurts like a fucking heartbreak."

He helped up up and they walked to the door.
"Wait," Oscar said.
"What?"
"Gotta pick some cookies."
"Mad Bleep," Jaycee muttered.

Nancy squeezed her face tighter as she mopped up the blood from his arm.
"You know you have had a failed career if you ever tried out nursing," Jaycee whispered as he she worked on him.
"Never said I wanted to be a nurse."
"I know, just try and put a smile on that face, the look on it keeps making me feel like I am going to die."

"So Stan obviously does not know that Williams is alive, what does that tell you mate?"
Oscar said, walking up to them with a mouthful of cookie.
"That he is unimportant in the scheme of things," Jaycee replied, knocking off Nancy's hand as the pain of the disinfectant hit him.
"Could you just go easy on the hand? Please!"
"You know I hate blood," she complained.
"You love me, it's my blood, you should love it too."
"Yea, I should make tea with it."
He smiled and she caught it.
"August is leaving here, don't you think we should leave too? Before you set up a date with your death," Nancy commented.
"We will leave, after Stanley burns."

Oscar crunched on the cookie so loud they both turned their attention to him.
"Bro, sup with the cookie, could you stop already?"
"You need a bite to know what I'm going through here."
He handed him a cookie and he took it reluctantly, he took a bite and nodded.
"He sure knows his cookie."
He put the remaining piece into Nancy's mouth.

"Stanley obviously snitched you guys out to the Mercedes Guys but for who if not Williams?" Oscar asked.
"Definitely not for Williams, where would he have gotten the money for such big Gang, definitely not for Williams bro," Jaycee said, stretching his arm for bandaging.
"So you saying Williams and Stanley works for a common goal or more like a common boss?"
"I don't know anymore, don't know what to think but I will tell you what I will do."
"What?"
"I will decapitate both Stanley and Williams and use their heads for a teacup, guess it will give me some satisfaction."

"What a hell of teacup that will be," Oscar murmured.
"Yes, for your private and personal use only," Nancy said and knotted the bandage furiously.
"Ouch, cut off the hand already," Jaycee half yelled.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/cold-35.html?m=1

2 Likes

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:06am On Apr 13, 2017
stephenGee12:

Hope u aced it sha

Hoping on God o
Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 2:09pm On Apr 21, 2017
weldone bro

1 Like

Re: Cold by marvwhite: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2017
Re: Cold by marvwhite: 11:52am On Apr 26, 2017
i'll like to be like you when i grow up

damm it! .you are awesome

if Wole Soyinka is to see this work,he would see you as a threat

KEEP THE GOOD WORK SIR

#fromYourBiggestFan
Re: Cold by walexsy(m): 5:21pm On May 06, 2017
See serious plagiarism... a pity av forgotten the original title n author
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:32pm On May 06, 2017
walexsy:
See serious plagiarism... a pity av forgotten the original title n author

Pla what?.. angry. Iz like something is wrong with your brain. Do not annoy me o.
Re: Cold by walexsy(m): 7:48pm On May 06, 2017
Chipappii:

Pla what?.. angry. Iz like something is wrong with your brain. Do not annoy me o.
This is one story I'm very sure I've read on nairaland here and with the same characters...I've tried searching for the original version buh couldn't find it again,, would've posted the link here
And I've read a couple of your own stories as well and you are doing quite good yourself, wonder why u decided to plagiarise this one.
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:59pm On May 06, 2017
walexsy:
This is one story I'm very sure I've read on nairaland here and with the same characters...I've tried searching for the original version buh couldn't find it again,, would've posted the link here
And I've read a couple of your own stories as well and you are doing quite good yourself, wonder why u decided to plagiarise this one.

Nigga I ain't plagiarizing anything. Every single letter you read here is mine, every word, every sentence, every idea. If I was plagiarizing it, I might have well finished it since, since I would just copy and edit and paste. Please stop using that plagiarism word. E dy vex me. You can see images of where I am writing them down.

Re: Cold by gtin(m): 4:30pm On May 08, 2017
Chipappii abeg no reason dat nigga fire on
Re: Cold by BlissfulJeff(m): 5:24pm On May 08, 2017
bro,pls update us o

1 Like

Re: Cold by ozil01: 6:36pm On May 08, 2017
Who dey monkey here?
Oga chipapi no mind d nigga abeg....
em dey jonze one kind

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 6:40pm On May 08, 2017
Nna I tire o
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 6:42pm On May 08, 2017
Update loading. I'm just trying to see if I can finish it, you guys shouldnt vex please
Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 6:43pm On May 08, 2017
"He had a choice, a better choice and he chose death. You sure can't blame me."
He tapped on the glass table before him and puffed the smoke from the cigar into the air.
"So how close are you now from getting the territory to yourself?" The voice on the other side of the phone asked.
"Just a matter of time, I can assure you it will happen in your lifetime."
A chuckle came from the other end and he smiled.
"Good one son, grab everything for us."
"Sure Donald, I never stop halfway."

He dropped the call and eyed Stanley as he stood before him. The cigar went down to the ash tray and he leaned over the table.
"So? What were you saying?"
"I think Williams is ready to come into play, he has proven himself as the ruthless guy you would like him to be," Stanley explained.
"Good then. So you are assured that he knows everything about St Mathews and all the oppositions to tackle?"
"Mr Taylor is gone, Donatti too, there isn't much opposition left, if you ask me."
Jameson swayed his head from right to left and back.
"Good then, I will like a meeting with this Williams at a time of my own choosing. I need to access him myself." Stanley nodded. "And any other thing, just give me a call. You don't need to be showing up at my office," he said.
"Of course," Stanley said and walked out of the office.

Jameson fell back on his chair and lighted a fresh cigar. He could care less about St Mathews if not for the large oil deposit recently uncovered there. To him, there was no government. You are the government if you can get everyone to fall to you. Jean Trommels didn't believe that and Taylor too, they believed the power was with the people to do whatever they wanted with their resources.
"Stupid oafs," he cursed under his breath. "I gave them a chance to get rich beyond their imagination and what did they do, they slapped my extended hand."
He crushed the cigar in the tray and rubbed his palm.

He stared at the Glock in his hand and tightened his face. He released the magazine and inspected the bullets. He nodded and inserted it back.
"August."
He heard someone call him from outside. He hid the gun underneath his sheets and waited for the second call. His door slowly opened and Mary stood staring at him.
"Are you busy?" she asked, admiring the muscles that stood out on his body. He shook his head and smiled.
"Anything for me?" he asked. She walked in and sat on his laps.
"Your dad could come in you know."
She ignored him and placed her hand around his shoulder, bringing her face down to kiss him on the lips.
"Hmmm, strawberry," he murmured in between kisses.
"Want some?" she asked as he licked his lips. He nodded.
"But let me lick the ones in your mouth first."
She laughed and kissed him one more time.
"I'll go get the straw berries, June won't let them be."
He watched her walk out of the room. She reminded him of Maria, the little he could still remember about her. His past seem to be fading and each time he tried to keep a grasp at whatever debris he could, the more it seemed better that he forgot. He picked the gun again and admired it.
"Remember who you are," he murmured. "I am a Donatti."
Mary hopped into the room, clutching a plate of Strawberries. The gun went back under the sheets.

"Hey bro," August called and extended his hand. Garvey took it and shook his arm.
"What's up?" he asked.
"Nothing much bro."
Garvey adjusted and he sat beside him on the block. They both stared around the field for a while before a boy of their age started walking up to them.
"Guess where Matt is going," Garvey said and nodded towards the approaching boy.
"He's coming to warn me to keep off his girlfriend," August replied and Garvey smiled.
"That girl is so into you."
"Yea, but I don't even want her, if only the fool boy knows that."

Matt stopped before them and eyed August contemptuously, ignoring his companion.
"Sup matt?" August asked, looking up at him.
"I saw you sneaking around with Genevieve after school, what was that for?"
"Well, she just wanted to know what gift to get you for valentine, she thought I offered the best advice."
"Really?" he asked with a ton of disbelief in his eyes and voice.
"Yea, don't stress it bro, I told her to get you a pair of working senses cos obviously you lack it."
Garvey let out a snicker.
"Oh, really?" Matt Asked and moved closer, clenching his fists. August jumped from where he sat and stood looking him eyeball to eyeball. They could each feel the warm breath rushing out of each other's nose. August seemed calmer than he was.
"So what are you going to do about it?" he asked. Matt stared into his eyes longer than he could remember. Something about them feared him but still, he won't allow himself be cowed by the stranger. That was all August was to him. A stranger he needs to send back to his cave. He reluctantly moved back and watched watched August with hatred.
"I will show you," he muttered and turned to go.
"You think you are tough heh?" he called after him. He turned and faced him again. "You ain't seen nothing Matt," he finished with a scoff.

He sat back on the block and watched him as he left. He appreciated the feeling of loving someone and having her run after someone else who you will rather not identify with. Mary had him and her cousin Jeane wants him so much she was getting edgy towards Mary.
"Your birthday is tomorrow?" Garvey asked, disrupting his thoughts. He nodded, he had almost forgotten.
"And you will be?"
"14."
"So I can't buy you a toy car then?" he asked with a grin.
"No you can't. But you can get me more bullets for the gun you gave me."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/04/cold-36.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 7:04pm On May 08, 2017
August stared across the table at Mary and smiled, she returned his smile with a wide grin.
"Make a wish boy," Harry echoed.

He shut his eyes and opened them again. He wished for nothing. He never liked to wish for things to happen. If he wanted them to happen, he would just go ahead and make them happen.
He blew out the candle and everyone clapped. This was his family, they weren't strangers to him anymore unlike the first time he came.

"Happy birthday boy," harry said and the others followed him. Mary started the happy birthday song with her appealing voice and it was hard for others not to follow. Even Jeane sang along, she was only angry that it wasn't her who started it. She would often wonder how Mary kept doing the little things she never would think of to impress him.

She grabbed a plate of strawberry and dashed into his room. She had once seen Mary walk into his room with a plate of strawberry once and had come out with an empty plate. She knocked lightly on the door and walked in. He sat on the bed, watching her as she walked in.

"Hello," she called out and shut the door behind her.
"Jeane."
"Happy birthday," she said and dropped the plate on the bed. He looked at her and then at her offering. He never particularly like strawberry, he just loved its taste on Mary's lips.
"Thank you."
For a while they sat there not talking to each other. She took occasional glances at him as he fiddled with his phone.

"Are you happy?" she asked all of a sudden. He took a look at her and nodded.
"Yes, why do you ask?"
"I just care, I want you to be happy."
She rubbed her palms as she spoke uneasily. He picked a fruit from the plate and sucked it slowly.
"Jeane I am okay, you don't have to worry about me."

She thought of the things she could say to him to make him open up to her more than he was already doing. She wanted him to see what her feelings for him was doing to her but he seemed blind to it all.
"August? She called softly and he jerked his head up to look at her.
"I want to tell you something."
He felt he already knew what she wanted to say and was hoping he could avoid it.
"Tell me," he whispered, looking her straight in the eye. She kept her eyes on his for a while and took them off when his eyes pierced hers like a burning spear. She intertwined her fingers and thought of how to begin.

"It's really hard for me to say," she started and broke off when she thought she heard footsteps outside the room, they waited and no one came in. "Well, I'll just say it." August nodded in anticipation of what she was about to say.
"Well, August. The first day you came in here, into this family, I had loved you more than I could possibly tell you and I was hoping, actually praying that it was something mutual."
She said it and she couldn't go any farther than she had already gone. She raised her eyes, shooting her brown eyeballs through her bushy eyelashes at him. He stared back at her in return, his face blank of any emotion.

"I was just 7 Jeane."
"I know but I felt you then," she said, dropping her hands on his laps and trying not to cry.
"It would be very silly of you if you said you didn't notice that I have something with your cousin, Mary. I love her and we stay in the same house, It will be so bleeped up if we two were to start anything."
"I know August but I love you more than anyone could ever do, more than Mary will ever do," she professed frantically, tears rolling down her smooth face. He grabbed her hands on his laps and squeezed them lightly before pushing them off his body.
"Even if you do, it's of no use," he murmured and shifted further from her.

Mary walked into the room with a smile on her face. She gazed from Jeane to August.
"Am I disturbing?" she asked and August shook his head.
"Nice, wanted to know if that Park thing is still possible?" she asked.
"Yea, let's move," he replied and stood up from the bed.
"Jeane are you coming with us?" Mary asked her cousin and she shook her head.
"We will talk when I come back Jeane," August said and dragged Mary out of the room.

The walked across the field, hand in hand and with laughter in both their eyes and voice. He squeezed her hand from time to time and she would giggle at his actions. She had loved him from the very first time her father came back from the airport with him. August was one sober 7 year old kid and she did her best to work her way into his heart. Maria was not ready to give him up to anyone.

"Did you open my gift yet?" she asked him and he shook his head.
"What's inside it?" he asked, squeezing her hand for the umpteenth time.
"I can't tell you, It's a surprise."
"Well,I guess I'll have to wait till I get home."

He turned to face her all of a sudden, staring deeply into her blue eyes.
"You are beautiful Mary," he said, holding both her hands. "But I am afraid."
"What are you afraid of?" she asked, looking him straight in the eye, uncovering the fear behind his gaze.
"I love you and I am afraid something bad is going to happen, it always does and I won't know what to do if I ever wake one day to find you gone from me."
She hushed him midway with a tight hung and he clung to her.

"I am not going to leave you August, I will always be here."
He pulled away from her embrace and held her hand again.
"You remind me of my sister and I can't look at you each time without thinking of her. I loved her and she died. I loved my brothers and they all died. I loved Janet and now I am not even with her. And now, I love you Mary."
He stopped and drew her closer, he put his hand on her cheek and kissed her.
"I love you too and we will be fine," she muttered to him and he smiled. He wished that would be the case but within him, he felt something was going to happen, something so grave he may not live to make a mockery of it in the later future. He snapped out of thought to hear Mary seeking permission to go and meet a friend across the field.

"Don't waste time on it," he said. She nodded and skidded off towards the other part of the makeshift football field. He felt a light tap on his shoulder and turned slowly. His face met with that of Genevieve. She had a broad smile on her face that revealed her nice dentistry. He noticed immediately that she was on her usual mini skirt that often revealed a great deal of her meaty laps, ones that always made the guys look at her with all the lust in ones eyes.

"Hi August," she shouted excitedly with a bounce, her inflated breasts bouncing along.
"Genevieve, 'sup?"
"I'm okay, what are you doing here?" she asked. He turned in the direction Mary had ran to and wished she would come back faster.
"I'm here with Mary, gotta meet her over there," he replied, pointing across the field.
"Uh oh, must you go?" she asked with a screw to her face.
"Yea, maybe some other time."
She didn't wait for him to finish, she elevated herself with her toes and planted a kiss on his cheek, missing his lips by an inch. He moved back in surprise and scoffed.
"Happy birthday handsome," she whispered and ran off in the direction she had come from. He watched her sway her hips out of his presence and caught Matt's eyes on him. He shook his head and left in search of Mary.

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-37.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: Cold by Chipappii(m): 5:16pm On May 09, 2017
"Stop staring at me, you are making me nervous," August murmured as he played around with the wrapped box. Mary looked at him with fixed smile on her face.
"Open it," she muttered excitedly. He tugged at the pink ribbon and it gave way.
"Unwrap it," Mary ordered restlessly. He paused and looked up at her eyes.
"Chill already, it's your gift after all."
He removed the beautiful blue gift wrapper to reveal a white box. He held the box with his left hand and pulled off the top with his right. The box was empty. He looked up at her again with a smile at the corner of his mouth.

"Nice try, I hope you do realize that I wasn't born on April 1," he said. She smiled and moved closer to him on the bed.
"The gift I have for you was so big it couldn't fit into the box," she commented. He eyed her with the smile still at the corner of his mouth.
"Show me."

She held him by his shirt and dragged him closer to her. Her arms went round his neck and she placed her lips on his. He held her by the waist and closed up the gap between them.
"Hope your dad doesn't bust in on us," he whispered and bit her lips.
"No one is at home," she stated excitedly. He got up and lifted her off the bed and dropped her on her back. He kissed her deeply and effectively and she responded, wrapping her arms round his neck. She pulled at the zip of his shirt and he stopped her half way.

"Do you want to do this today?" he asked, looking her straight in her eyes and loving the way she looked back.
"You don't?" she asked.
"Not exactly, just that I wouldn't want to do something I would regret on my birthday."
"It's ok. I thought you would want a more elaborate birthday gift."
He smiled and moved to sit on the bed. She sat up and stared at him.
"You have this way of looking at me that really scares me," he commented, moving his hand through his hair.
"Everything scares you, even Love."
"I love you and it doesn't scare me, what scares me is losing you. I tend to lose everything I love and it's not funny."
"Yes, like that ice cream you got for Genevieve once?" she asked with a giggle.
"Get out of my bed. Must you remind me of that?"
"Yea. Just trying to confess."
She got up from the bed and adjusted her hair, looking down at him at the same time.
"So?" he asked, watching her plain out her ruffled dress.
"Well, I ate the ice cream."
He looked at her with disbelief in his eyes.
"It's been 3 years now and why are you even telling me?"
"You didn't lose it, I took it," she replied, sitting beside him on the bed. He thought of all those he loved that were no longer there, he realized he never really lost them.
"They were taken from me," he murmured. She watched the sorrow in his eyes and heard the bitterness in his voice.
"Let's go to the pool," she commanded, pulling him up by the arm. He obeyed and stood up.
"That ice cream," he started and she nodded. "it was for you not Genevieve. Stop teasing me with her, I feel nothing for her and you are just getting yourself jealous over bullshit."

Jeane stood staring at him for a long time without saying a word. She wouldn't let him talk too and that somehow freaked him out. He also loved the way she stared at him, he could have sworn she was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen. He tried talking and she hushed him with a wave of her hand. They had been standing and staring at each other for some minutes.

"Do you love me?" she eventually asked and he scoffed.
"Really, you are asking me that?"
"Yes and answer me please."
"Of course you know I do, I'll do anything for you, just ask."
"Good."
She let him hold her hand for a while and then snatched it. She thought it would seem like it was August holding it but it never worked.
"Is something bordering you?" he asked and she shook her head.
"You sure?"
"I am fine," she snapped.
"Don't you want me, Jeane?"
"Victor, just don't ask me and let me be."
She ran down the street, away from where she had called him out to meet her. He didn't run after her or try to. He felt he was too big to do that. A 19 year old boy running after a 14 year old girl. He was bigger than that.

"What was that?" Matt asked, snapping him away from his thoughts.
"It's Jeane. Don't know what her problem is," he replied, turning to look at him.
Matt stared at his elder brother for a while and shook his head.
"Told you already, let the bitch girl go, she probably catching feelings for that August guy."
"Well I'm gonna kill him if he is the one putting her through all this," he said and brushed pass Matt.
"Well please do, a lot of good that would do the all of us."

http://gistrealm..com.ng/2017/05/cold-38.html?m=1

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Famous Books, Countries That Banned Them And Why It Was Banned.- Tapread.net / Chimamamanda Adichie Fights Arthur Eze Over Land Grabbing / Literature/Writing Guidelines, Rules & Regulations

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 157
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.