Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,417 members, 7,819,503 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:17 PM

RC Cars, Drones And Planes - Science/Technology (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / RC Cars, Drones And Planes (21445 Views)

How I Built My Rc Helicopter At Home / Top 5 Positive And Negative Effects Of Drones You Should Know / Graveyards Around The World Where Planes, Ships, Cars Are Left To Die (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by DexterTech: 9:21pm On Oct 28, 2017
ogocology:
Sorry, people.
I was actually working on a project and planned posting pictures and steps after I get it to work.
It was a quad copter. (You'll understand why I used past tense later)
I used the following:
4pcs 2212 1000kv brushless motors.
4pcs ESCs
Kk 2.15 flight controller
Turnigy 9x Radio Transmitter and receiver (8Ch)
Zippy 3000mah 3S lipo battery.

After setting up and configuration, I went outdoors to test the quad.

1st trial crashed into a tree. Luckily, no damage was done.
The second time, it gained altitude fast.
And in a twinkle of an eye, it disappeared into the sky.

A 3-hour long search couldn't find it. I'm still searching though.

So sad!
, I can build my own flight controllers from scratch, that's building not coupling , what u're doing is coupling
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 12:40pm On Oct 30, 2017
ogocology:

That's great! It always feels good to have a project take off all the work.
Unfortunately, space can be a hindrance. Also, getting accessories can be difficult and costly.
RC planes/drones is quite an expensive hobby.
After I crashed my first model, I ordered a new frame and other parts. I've been waiting for weeks now. The waiting kills the excitement and enthusiasm.

I have lots of rc accessories which I used when I was building my rc helicopter.. I am putting them up for sale..Which one do you need Brother?
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:01pm On Oct 30, 2017
These are all the parts I used I have, put together....
The big black fiber blades to the left are for helicopter weighing 17-20kg

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:05pm On Oct 30, 2017
(1) Flyberless system and Rx (receiver)

(2) Servos.

(3) Gyro

(4) Lipo batteries. (No more available)

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:09pm On Oct 30, 2017
(1) Tx (transmitter)
(2) Rotorhead
(3) ESC
(4) Gears

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:11pm On Oct 30, 2017
(1) Swash plate
(2) Brushless motor
(3)Main rotor Blades

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:13pm On Oct 30, 2017
And these are you he models of heli I built then.

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
You can call me on: 08164679552

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 2:20pm On Oct 30, 2017
@ ogocology..... Sorry if I messed your thread with lots of pics..
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by ogocology: 5:36pm On Oct 30, 2017
pakingzzzzz:
@ ogocology.....
Sorry if I messed your thread with lots of pics..

Wow!
Not at all, bro.
There's enough room for everyone.
This looks like an interesting build. How come you discontinued?
I'm only interested in quads for now and I've big plans for this hobby of mine. Still trying out new things whenever I get time off work..

Nice one, chief
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by ogocology: 5:39pm On Oct 30, 2017
pakingzzzzz:

I have lots of rc accessories which I used when I was building my rc helicopter.. I am putting them up for sale..Which one do you need Brother?

Unfortunately, I am into quadcopters. Apart from battries and motors, there's nothing you have that I might need.

Batteries are gone, you said.
What are the specs of the motors? And you probably don't have up to for of each. A quad needs 4 identical motors, you know..
Well done, bro
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by ogocology: 5:42pm On Oct 30, 2017
promise2020:
where do you stay, do you mind contacting me, let us talk 07038782529
I live in Abuja.
Your number is off air.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by ogocology: 5:45pm On Oct 30, 2017
DexterTech:
, I can build my own flight controllers from scratch, that's building not coupling , what u're doing is coupling

And your point is what exactly?
The parts you'd use to build 'your own flight controllers' would also be built by you, abi? Over-sabi....

Kindly keep away from this thread if you've got nothing positive to contribute.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 8:18pm On Oct 30, 2017
DexterTech:

Are you angry with the verbal use of the word coupling'?
I guess you are also building your 3 axis gyro/ accelerometer from scratch, as well as the GPS module and other vital module that makes up a flight controller. Not to mention the electronics parts that you will be using, which I guess you are building from scratch as well..
Good luck bro to your scratch build. Or should I say, scratch less build...

1 Like

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Nobody: 6:26am On Oct 31, 2017
Great job brothers. Let's join forces and start a Makerspace in Abuja. Have been working on this idea for a while now. Banks are real pain to deal with.

Kindly share your comments and ideas on the subject.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by ogocology: 1:31pm On Oct 31, 2017
Bilal:
Great job brothers. Let's join forces and start a Makerspace in Abuja. Have been working on this idea for a while now. Banks are real pain to deal with.

Kindly share your comments and ideas on the subject.

Thanks you, bro.
That's a great idea.. but how do we proceed without funds?
If this is to fruitful, it has to be well-funded. And to attract funding, it probably would need to be profitable..

If we can show how it would add value to the society (especially for kids and young adults) we can attract investments from NGOs and philanthropists.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Nobody: 6:07pm On Oct 31, 2017
[quote author=ogocology post=61940575]

Thanks you, bro.
That's a great idea.. but how do we proceed without funds?
If this is to fruitful, it has to be well-funded. And to attract funding, it probably would need to be profitable..

If we can show how it would add value to the society (especially for kids and young adults) we can attract investments from NGOs and philanthropists.
[color=#006600][/color]

Thanks for your comments.

First. It is going to be in the form of social entreprenuership meaning we make moderate profit but add value to society.

We can offer paid classes on 3D design and 3D printing to school kids as a way of generating revenue.

A friend of mine started something like that in the UAE and I believe it will work in Nigeria. It's just that pulling up the start-up resources is a lot harder here.

In any case I think a good step will be to pitch the idea to more people and see where it goes.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by RCDIY(m): 12:53am On Nov 01, 2017
[quote author=Bilal post=61949056][/quote]

I will discuss this with a few friends and see how they feel about it. Will keep you posted.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by kizito89(m): 7:43am On Nov 22, 2017
How do i contact you about lipo batteries... My number is 09056062649
ogocology:

I live in Abuja.
Your number is off air.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by ogocology: 6:33pm On Nov 22, 2017
kizito89:
How do i contact you about lipo batteries... My number is 09056062649

I will call you.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by joeskies1: 11:05pm On Dec 20, 2017
mebad:

Am here ...
where to buy tx and rx
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 10:44am On Dec 21, 2017
joeskies1:
where to buy tx and rx

I have some for sale.
Beep me on 0 9 0 two 9 three 6 5 zero 8 three

Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Twagrill(m): 9:23pm On Dec 21, 2017
Xway:
please also post the procedures of building the rf remote too
yeah
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Twagrill(m): 9:43pm On Dec 21, 2017
brendan007:
I've built a radio controlled plane before and I've flown it a couple of times. It was really fun to after months of research, fly something I built with my own hands. It did come with its own set of challenges as everything I did was done manually. You can imagine cutting plywood and shaping them into several ribs (the wing profile) with just a saw and sandpaper. It was well worth it anyways. Unfortunately, we don't have open spaces around and where I used previously is not so conducive so my plane is disassembled and chilling off in my wardrobe.
that's really nice.
But can you upgrade it to being a spy plane? Just want to know hw possible it is.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 11:20pm On Dec 21, 2017
Twagrill:

that's really nice.
But can you upgrade it to being a spy plane? Just want to know hw possible it is.
It's quite possible though it comes at a cost. Cameras can be mounted underneath the wings, you could also equip it with a system that gives you info on altitude, position, speed, etc., you also need a flight stabilization system. There are quite a lot of things that could be added however, since you're upgrading it to a spy plane then you'll have to consider the wind loading because the heavier, the faster you need to fly and since you're thinking of spying you sure need to be as slow as possible. Notwithstanding, you can speed up during flight if it becomes necessary.
So in summary, things you need to consider include
1. weight of the equipment to be attached
2. availability of mounting space
3. center of gravity - this is likely to change after the upgrade so you'll have to balance your plane afterwards
4. power supply - remember your equipment may need to be powered separately which means more weight.
In conclusion, you could always design something relatively bigger and lighter to carry your spy stuff cool
I'll be here if you have more questions
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Twagrill(m): 11:24am On Dec 22, 2017
brendan007:

It's quite possible though it comes at a cost. Cameras can be mounted underneath the wings, you could also equip it with a system that gives you info on altitude, position, speed, etc., you also need a flight stabilization system. There are quite a lot of things that could be added however, since you're upgrading it to a spy plane then you'll have to consider the wind loading because the heavier, the faster you need to fly and since you're thinking of spying you sure need to be as slow as possible. Notwithstanding, you can speed up during flight if it becomes necessary.
So in summary, things you need to consider include
1. weight of the equipment to be attached
2. availability of mounting space
3. center of gravity - this is likely to change after the upgrade so you'll have to balance your plane afterwards
4. power supply - remember your equipment may need to be powered separately which means more weight.
In conclusion, you could always design something relatively bigger and lighter to carry your spy stuff cool
I'll be here if you have more questions
wow!!! That's brilliant. You're too good jare.
What about the camera, getting live videos from the camera. That's another aspect proving to be very challenging. Hw do you think we can go about that.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 11:51am On Dec 22, 2017
Twagrill:

wow!!! That's brilliant. You're too good jare.
What about the camera, getting live videos from the camera. That's another aspect proving to be very challenging. Hw do you think we can go about that.
Since it's a live feed then you'll need an FPV(First Person View) setup. That means the camera will be connected to a transmitter which will then communicate with the receiver(on the ground station) which is usually connected to a display. Other spy equipment could also share the display giving you telemetry readouts (altitude, battery capacity, speed,etc). It's important to note that your range is dependent on the output power of the transmitter. Some powerful transmitters when setup correctly could have range in excess of miles. Then imagine combining it with the power of the internet.
In conclusion, it's not much of a challenge though as it requires basic electronic skills. Also, there are kits available online so it's quite easy to setup. Note that you're limited by the range of your RF transmitter(remote control) irrespective of how powerful your video transmitter is.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by pakingzzzzz(m): 11:54am On Dec 22, 2017
I have a simple fpv system that simply connects to an Android phone as long as you have the app downloaded from play store (free)
It uses Wi-Fi to connect.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Twagrill(m): 1:16pm On Dec 22, 2017
brendan007:

Since it's a live feed then you'll need an FPV(First Person View) setup. That means the camera will be connected to a transmitter which will then communicate with the receiver(on the ground station) which is usually connected to a display. Other spy equipment could also share the display giving you telemetry readouts (altitude, battery capacity, speed,etc). It's important to note that your range is dependent on the output power of the transmitter. Some powerful transmitters when setup correctly could have range in excess of miles. Then imagine combining it with the power of the internet.
In conclusion, it's not much of a challenge though as it requires basic electronic skills. Also, there are kits available online so it's quite easy to setup. Note that you're limited by the range of your RF transmitter(remote control) irrespective of how powerful your video transmitter is.
meaning it can be done without the internet, only that the the range at which the transmitter operates can't be compared to when using the internet.
Where do u think all these equipment can be gotten from?
And also do u think there's a way to drastically reduce the noise, the blades make when slashing through the air to make it almost silent.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Twagrill(m): 1:17pm On Dec 22, 2017
brendan007:

meaning it can be done without the internet, only that the range at which the transmitter operates can't be compared to when using the internet.
And also do u think there's a way to drastically reduce the noise, the blades make when slashing through the air to make it almost silent.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by brendan007: 4:00pm On Dec 22, 2017
Twagrill:

meaning it can be done without the internet, only that the range at which the transmitter operates can't be compared to when using the internet.
I'm afraid there's not much that can be done concerning that. Notwithstanding, there are specially designed propellers that can do the trick to some extent. Even at that you know the effect the wind has on your ears while you're in motion. Same applies to your drone - there's still going to be the issue of noise even without the propeller spinning so long as you're moving through the air.
In conclusion,
1. There will always be noise.
2. Since it's a spy drone, you may not be bothered about the noise the propellers generate since you'll be flying high. Your concern would rather be with the quality of your video and perhaps the ability of your camera to zoom in and out of targets.
Re: RC Cars, Drones And Planes by Twagrill(m): 5:28pm On Dec 22, 2017
brendan007:

I'm afraid there's not much that can be done concerning that. Notwithstanding, there are specially designed propellers that can do the trick to some extent. Even at that you know the effect the wind has on your ears while you're in motion. Same applies to your drone - there's still going to be the issue of noise even without the propeller spinning so long as you're moving through the air.
In conclusion,
1. There will always be noise.
2. Since it's a spy drone, you may not be bothered about the noise the propellers generate since you'll be flying high. Your concern would rather be with the quality of your video and perhaps the ability of your camera to zoom in and out of targets.
wow!!! Thanks a lot.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

10 Most Strange Stars (known) In The Observable Universe.. / Scientist Exterminate 5 Million Rats in Antarctic Island / 40-year-old Woman Breastfeeds Tiger Cubs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.