Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,111 members, 7,828,940 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:20 PM

Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? (3834 Views)

Most Ladies Dont Do Love Anymore, What They Do Is Simply Business... / How True Is This, boys Do Love To Be Raped / Does Pouting Make Girls Any Sexier? Share Your Pictures ! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 8:28pm On Nov 25, 2009
I can testify for TOH. Those boobs were extra ripe.

As for Tope, well David has done the propaganda. No eye witness and the picture I saw weren't satisfying.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by MyneWhite1(f): 8:37pm On Nov 25, 2009
For gift ideas this holidays check out my book, http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by hEvyAlien(m): 9:44pm On Nov 25, 2009
yes
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Sauron1: 9:46pm On Nov 25, 2009
michelin89:

I can testify for TOH. Those boobs were extra ripe.

U tasted em? grin grin grin

As for Tope, well David has done the propaganda. No eye witness and the picture I saw weren't satisfying.

Hmmmmmmm.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 25, 2009
I think they(romantic novels and hollywood movies) have distorted our views on what love is. They did a study last year and they found out that romantic movies really mess up real relationships especially for women because real men are usually not big time gorgeous hunk of a millionaire that will take us to dinners on his private jet or propose to us by the Eiffel tower and real women are not extremely beautiful almost barbie-like characters with a super perfect body and botoxed face. smiley
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Nov 25, 2009
@ Sauron

I am no homo. I just cried in envy. grin grin grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by RuuDie(m): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
@ topic, Absolutely spot-on, minus the in love bit. . . . . . they never actually get to fall in love cuz they're always waiting for the novel's central xter to leap outta the pages and take em away to God-knows-where

another catalyst is Nollywood movies - but the novel aspect is just out of this globe!
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by carino: 2:20pm On Nov 26, 2009
No It never makes them dull, it makes them feel good Cos the novel paints life as an idyllic place with ur mister romeo. But ain't so, datS WHY Oyinbo called them FICTION.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by stede(m): 7:02pm On Nov 26, 2009
no, i don't think so
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Smi1(m): 7:26pm On Nov 26, 2009
lOLxx, i can still remember a friend of mine, she use to believe in thise kind of bullshit but now she done wake up now, since she done see say No romeo anywhere cheesy funny girls some girls no dey even study because of that rubbish novels heheheh na wa oo,
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by sophy09: 1:44am On Nov 27, 2009
YES for SOME, it has just made me realise that you can't trust a guy. They always had a quarrel with last gf and fall in love with the new one. the last gf will always have a problem sha! angry
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by redberry1: 9:24pm On Nov 27, 2009
Do u also no that by readin those novel,it improve one's vocabulary?i read them alot nd i dnt live in fantasy of it but read dem 4 pleasure. grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by stede(m): 9:56pm On Nov 27, 2009
red berry:

Do u also no that by readin those novel,it improve one's vocabulary?i read them alot nd i dnt live in fantasy of it but read dem 4 pleasure. grin
WELCOME TO NAIRALAND
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Owugal(f): 11:28pm On Nov 27, 2009
Yes they encourage being naive and sort of helpless and desperate. and they provide an unreasonable expectation of a man that not many men can fullfill. they also make women believe they need to be either naive and pretty or average and slutty. I am credible because I thought a man needed to carry me on a pedestal when really we should both be supporting each other aboard a pedestal. and some of these novels encourage brutality in love making. , "

"He could not contain his passion and he grabbed her fiercely in a death grip and would not allow her to leave till she professed her undying devotion and love for him. he then planted a hot kiss against her naked lips and pressed them so hard it hurt and she yeled in pain and desire, etc

Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by justybaby(f): 4:07pm On Nov 28, 2009
im very guilty of reading volumes of romantic novels( at sum time 12-16 per wk) grin, it takes me away 4rm my immdt reality, it has a way of keeping me relaxed wen im overly stressed wink, right now i crave 4 one badly, iv bin workin my ass of 4 d past weeks, i nid a distraction, yeah its a distraction never ever reality! wel, some tel true stories
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by LordReed(m): 5:43pm On Nov 28, 2009
Quote from Dr. Lorenz
Lord_Reed

Oh that was what you were talking about? What i don't understand is why it bothers you. Huh

If you noticed, she replied me and her reply wasn't like yours. To quote her, she said "I must be". So what are we not talking? Huh Huh

U seem to be irked by my questioning ur remark. I wonder why. . .
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by youngbest(m): 3:45pm On Nov 30, 2009
eh now u no no,
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by DrLorenz1(m): 5:30pm On Nov 30, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Quote from Dr. Lorenz
U seem to be irked by my questioning your remark. I wonder why. . .

Am not irked. I was only surprised you picked on my remark about iice.

@michelin

Am not short and ugly, but am fair. grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by LordReed(m): 1:43pm On Dec 02, 2009
Dr. Lorenz:

Am not irked. I was only surprised you picked on my remark about iice.

Just as I was dat u picked on iice, I mean she only said wat she liked. Well I guess it's all gud since she took it in good faith.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by DrLorenz1(m): 4:04pm On Dec 02, 2009
Lord_Reed:

Just as I was dat u picked on iice, I mean she only said wat she liked. Well I guess it's all gud since she took it in good faith.

Y were you surprised? Other people said their minds too. Anyway, i guess cool.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by MyneWhite1(f): 2:54am On Dec 03, 2009
You can now download a copy of the ebook here on LULU

http://stores.lulu.com/store.php?fAcctID=4531432
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by akano1: 10:55am On Dec 05, 2009
is irritating to the hear, reading novels and falling in love is rubish, if any girl believe in that she is wasting her time. shy dis is madness
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by sofadj(m): 4:48pm On Dec 05, 2009
Yes they actually do. They make gals believe everythin always end right , d right man end s up with d right lady and leave happy ever after. meanwhile things dont always go in this direction in real life.
Havin said that one can't still take d novels away cuz it actually exposes these teenagers to some other kinda life.

i fink this is just a phase, real life eventually dawns on them and they move on from there,

Both the novels and the girls. I am in Italy and there is this dumb writer who thinks he knows it all about the new generation. His books are very popular among the teens and I must say it is a shame.
@ poster
this reads pretty tough of you u sure there isn't more dn meets d eye?

One question ever read any of these books?
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by solodox(m): 11:09am On Dec 07, 2009
girls, what are those grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by andray: 12:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
dont judge a girl by what she read but by what she does, are you all reallt talking out of experience? well well[color=#770077][/color] by their fruit you shall know them?, love novels dont make them go "grin" IN LOVE, but rather makes them go emotionally erotic which could lead to gradual decay of the mind and even affecting the whole body as well,
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by idifu(m): 5:09pm On Feb 12, 2010
they are most likely to be intimacy.u.a.l.l.y active than d females who dont read novels at all
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by Favormi(m): 9:26pm On Apr 05, 2010
I dont knw. U tel me.
Re: Do Love Novels Make Girls Dumber In Love? by sophy09: 9:59pm On Apr 05, 2010
@poster

I read romance novels but that doesn't make me dumb. I see like a fancy a place you run to when you are tired of what is going on around you. But the thing with these books is that it makes you self absorbed. You shut every one out and concentrate on the novel. I was like and when I realize that I was shutting everyone out, I reduced the rate at which I read.
The novel actually makes me conscious of relationships.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

/ **** She Is Hungry Yet She Wouldn't Stop Forming***** / Who Is Your Best Nairaland Moderator In 2016

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.