Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,333 members, 7,815,656 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:03 PM

The Power Of Atheists! - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Power Of Atheists! (2886 Views)

7 Types Of Atheists / Why Are Demons Afraid Of Atheists? / What Is Your Position On Letting Your Children Play With Children Of Atheists? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 3:53pm On May 15, 2012
It takes only one atheist to debunk 3 christians!

The discussion involved 4 people (3 christians and one atheist) and was about an impending hurricane in the city.

My favourite parts of the discussion;

1)The atheist tells them that they are delusional.

2)The atheists says that he doesnt want to worship a God that would send hurricanes. The christians say that God is not sending the hurricane.

3) The atheist asks if God is sending the hurricane, the christians say "no". The atheist then says that God is not powerful

4) The atheists asks if God will stop the hurricane. The christians say "no" angry angry angry angry grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3nqusrn4pg

(For my fans, my one week break couldnt happen monday was enough for me)
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 4:55pm On May 15, 2012
What do you think?
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 5:53pm On May 15, 2012
Lol, i almost had a bet with buzugee that you won't last a week.. now make i watch the video...
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 6:06pm On May 15, 2012
musKeeto: Lol, i almost had a bet with buzugee that you won't last a week.. now make i watch the video...

The video is epic grin grin grin grin grin

The atheist destroyed all of them. Just epic
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 6:42pm On May 15, 2012
logicboy: What do you think?
nothing
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 6:56pm On May 15, 2012
toba: nothing

Always knew that your head is empty.
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 15, 2012
logicboy:

Really?

I always knew that u cant write/type in English coherently
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 7:57pm On May 15, 2012
toba: Really?

I always knew that u cant write/type in English coherently

Huh? .....and what was incoherent about my comment that you quoted? Epic fail
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 8:12pm On May 15, 2012
logicboy:
3) The atheist asks if God is sending the hurricane, the christians say "no". The atheist then says that God is not powerful

4) The atheists asks if God will stop the hurricane. The christians say "no" angry angry angry angry grin

something is wrong with items 3 and 4. correct urself before i help u out
logicboy:

Huh? .....and what was incoherent about my comment that you quoted? Epic fail
seems u just read about the phrase 'Epic fail'
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 10:53pm On May 15, 2012
toba: something is wrong with items 3 and 4. correct urself before i help u out seems u just read about the phrase 'Epic fail'

You are getting hyped because I did not remove an "s" from number 4? You're pathetic
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 11:01pm On May 15, 2012
toba: something is wrong with items 3 and 4. correct urself before i help u out seems u just read about the phrase 'Epic fail'

By the way, it is nice of you to avoid the topic of the thread. Are you really that full of bullShi**?
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nike93(f): 12:37am On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

wow..that was an epic comment
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by EvilBrain1(m): 1:58am On May 16, 2012
I lolled at one of the youtube comments:
"Q: Why does the priest bother to board up the windows after praying for safety from the storm?
A: Because he's smart enough not to believe the bullshît he tells his congregation. He knows that prayer doesn't work so he makes other arrangements."
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 1:59am On May 16, 2012
Evil Brain: I lolled at one of the youtube comments:
"Q: Why does the priest bother to board up the windows after praying for safety from the storm?
A: Because he's smart enough not to believe the bullshît he tells his congregation. He knows that prayer doesn't work so he makes other arrangements."

Haha....very true!!
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Heathen(m): 7:37am On May 16, 2012
Evil Brain: I lolled at one of the youtube comments:
evil brain, I WILL RA.PE YOUUUUUU. Lol, epic pic!
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 8:03am On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

By the way, it is nice of you to avoid the topic of the thread. Are you really that full of bullShi**?
u better Shut The 4k up. Im trying to save u from embarrassment, yet u want to expose ur folly. u are trying to ridicule, but u'll end up ridiculing urself.

just go and do what i told u to do.

smile cool
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 8:06am On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

You are getting hyped because I did not remove an "s" from number 4? You're pathetic
young man u are the pathetic one here. Apart from that, there is one more. Go figure it out

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 9:22am On May 16, 2012
toba: u better Shut The 4k up. Im trying to save u from embarrassment, yet u want to expose ur folly. u are trying to ridicule, but u'll end up ridiculing urself.

smile cool

Save me from what embarrassment? Your trolling is pathetic!!

[img]http://www.lady-natalya.info/images/0-10_troll_harder.png[/img]
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 9:23am On May 16, 2012
toba: young man u are the pathetic one here. Apart from that, there is one more. Go figure it out

lol....you're looking even more pathetic!
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 11:00am On May 16, 2012
toba: u better Shut The 4k up. Im trying to save u from embarrassment, yet u want to expose ur folly. u are trying to ridicule, but u'll end up ridiculing urself.

smile cool

Your grammar isn't top notch either
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 11:17am On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

Save me from what embarrassment? Your trolling is pathetic!!

Just shut up. U cant even interpret what u read too bad. I'll call on my cousin who's just 4 years old to help u out. keep fooling yourself on the internet in an attempt to score cheap points on attacking 'Christians' on a faceless forum. It only shows u live a pathetic life outside of Nairaland with more than 60% of ur posts centred on Religion/beliefs.

[img]http://www.lady-natalya.info/images/0-10_troll_harder.png[/img]
See how big ur head is. typical of a Godless soul running his mouth all over the forum.

lol....you're looking even more pathetic!
I just feel so sorry for. U berra get something reasonable to do than rejoicing on Nairaland for being an atheist.

Honestly how does this debate add anything to ur life? Ok, you'll laugh that an atheist had a debate with Christians and so what?
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 1:18pm On May 16, 2012
toba:

Just shut up. U cant even interpret what u read too bad. I'll call on my cousin who's just 4 years old to help u out. keep fooling yourself on the internet in an attempt to score cheap points on attacking 'Christians' on a faceless forum. It only shows u live a pathetic life outside of Nairaland with more than 60% of ur posts centred on Religion/beliefs.

See how big ur head is. typical of a Godless soul running his mouth all over the forum.

I just feel so sorry for. U berra get something reasonable to do than rejoicing on Nairaland for being an atheist.

Honestly how does this debate add anything to ur life? Ok, you'll laugh that an atheist had a debate with Christians and so what?

Lololololol. You seem butthurt.

It is not my fault that you're one of those poor Nigerians that can not mentally afford to believe that there is no God. I have stated before that I can afford to spend lots of time on Nairaland because I come from a wealthy background and I am not looking for money or a job.

I am also on a mission here because I want to make atheism grow in Nigeria. I can not just run to Nigeria and start shouting "atheism is good". If I tried that, I would be dead. Christians are as dangerous as boko haram when their religion is being debunked. I have almost been stabbed by a friend and a blood relative just because they couldnt handle debate with an atheist. If I can convert some few people here on nairaland where there is no stabbing because we're on the internet, it would have a knock on effect because these people will also try to tell others about atheism. My mission or dream is going to be a hard one but nohing good ever comes easy.

So, unlike you, I have a goal for being here on Nairaland. You are just angry because my goal here is detrimental to your religion. If you have a great life outside Nairaland, I suggest you ignore me and enjoy your life. Otherwise, you just look pathetic.
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 1:32pm On May 16, 2012
The atheists got no power... Only Jesus got the power to save, to deliver, to set free. If in your former religion, you couldn't find God, have you asked Him to reveal Himself to you? I wouldn't deny it that there are certain things/circumstances that want to make believe that there is no God. Yeah, His ways are unsearchable...unfathomable! He wouldn't show up to you if you don't want Him to, safe in some peculiar situation as it happened to Saul/Paul.

Forget the idea of challenging this God, forget your mortal ability. Before you were, He has being..and, when you are gone from the surface of the earth, He will continue to be GOD..smiley
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 1:47pm On May 16, 2012
OlowoTee: The atheist got no power... Only Jesus got the power to save, to deliver, to set free. If in your former religion, you couldn't find God, have you asked Him to reveal Himself to you? I wouldn't deny it that there are certain things/circumstances that want to make believe that there is no God. Yeah, His ways are unsearchable...unfathomable! He wouldn't show up to you if you don't want Him to, safe in some peculiar situation as it happened to Saul/Paul.

Forget the ida of challenging this God, forget your mortal ability. Before you were, He has being..and, when you are gone from the surface of the earth, He will continue to be GOD..smiley

Nonsense. You have never seen God, felt God or smelled God. You only believe in God because you were told by others that God exists. There is no physical proof of God . Not one.

You talk about Jesus and so I assume that you're a christian. I am telling you that God is made up by men. If God is so omnipotent, why is it that throughout the bible, he never leaves Middle east/North Africa? He never went to Americas, Oceania, West Africa etc. The reason for this is because, you God was made of by Jewish people at a time that they had never discovered these places exist with people there.

Also, why is it that all God's prophets are Jews or at least, could be traced to Jews? Were Jews the only people (Abraham, Moses, Jesus)? Is God not racist or is it just that Jews made him up like Arabs made up Allah?

Doesnt evolution debunk Genesis in the bible? Man was not created, he evolved from a different life form
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 2:02pm On May 16, 2012
Yes, you're right. I might not have seen him, but, I've felt Him. I've seen His glory for real. It's an encounter that I would never forget. Just, the way you have so many questions begging for answers. I had mine...but, the difference was that I didn't throw them out to people, nor try to ridicule Him-God. I went a-thirst for Him and I questioned Him, yes, on my knees. It trully got to a point that i said If truly He is God, then, He should reveal Himself to me... It didn't happen immediately, but I tell you... He did show up...with His power. I wish i could explain it further...howbeit, the fact remains that there's a God.
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 2:21pm On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

Lololololol. You seem butthurt.

sorry dear friend. sorry low life

It is not my fault that you're one of those poor Nigerians that can not mentally afford to believe that there is no God.
there he goes again with his illogical comment. Whether u believe he exist or otherwise is non of my business. Remember, im picking on u personally for being so stupid and not cos u are an atheist. so Im less concerned about the debate on God's existence or otherwise with u on this thread.

I have stated before that I can afford to spend lots of time on Nairaland because I come from a wealthy background and I am not looking for money or a job.
Can u see how stupid u are? wealthy background my foot. oh i see ur father is Dangote right? or u are related to bill gates? or Femi Otedola is ur uncle.? Is Obama ur relation? How wealthy are ur parents? cos im not sure their names were published in the 2011/2012 rich list. Just shut up. fools like u that makes the loudest noise on the internet are the ones living miserable lives in the real world. So i really dont care if u are damn broke cos that's non of my business. Its ur xter on line thats giving me concern cos if ur parent are as wealthy as u ve claimed, there money should have reflected on u if it was well spent.

I am also on a mission here because I want to make atheism grow in Nigeria.

Now i know u dont have a functioning brain. WTF is this? Are an evangelical atheist? Is atheism ur gospel that u want to spread? what makes u different from the everyday muslim and christian that make attempt to spread the news about the existence of their God?

I can not just run to Nigeria and start shouting "atheism is good". If I tried that, I would be dead.
Then i'll advice u remain mute for the rest of ur life. What does this tell u about ur belief?(atheism) Meaning no matter how u try, pple arent gonna accept it. It will only make u look stupid. Go and research more about ur founding fathers. I mean the real evangelical atheist that are sound. pple like the oxford prof Dawkins and co, spending money to make atheism grow. since u say u are from a wealthy familiy, why dont u start by making advert on Tv or radio stations that God doesnt exist. U dont have to appear if u are scared of dying in the hands of boko haram. what u cant do, ur money would do for u.

Christians are as dangerous as boko haram when their religion is being debunked.
so also are atheists dangerous. BTW since u started displaying ur ignorance on Nl, how many christians have threatened to kill u?

I have almost been stabbed by a friend and a blood relative just because they couldnt handle debate with an atheist.

well, thats they and not me. Im sure numerous christians wouldnt even bother u whether u belive in God or not. for instance, im not challenging for being an atheist. Its ur choice. Im challenging u for this comment u made about me on this same thread which is this 'Always knew that your head is empty'

If I can convert some few people here on nairaland where there is no stabbing because we're on the internet, it would have a knock on effect because these people will also try to tell others about atheism.
young boy. u are wasting ur time. Though its quite understandable that u are an evangelical atheist. here's the definition

'An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of). When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith', not realizing that their belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one. '

the above definition best describe ur mission. U know what, u are gonna fail. when u succeed, let me know

My mission or dream is going to be a hard one but nohing good ever comes easy.

if this BS is really ur dream, i'll advice u to wake up from slumber cos ur effort will be in vain if u continue this way.

So, unlike you, I have a goal for being here on Nairaland. You are just angry because my goal here is detrimental to your religion.

honestly i dont care one bit about ur mission, desire or goal. I wanted to prove something to u for having the guts to attack me first. Ride on boy. ride o

If you have a great life outside Nairaland, I suggest you ignore me and enjoy your life. Otherwise, you just look pathetic.

honestly i have. it would even surprise u that some of the atheists i argue with on Nl, are my friends outside of here. we discuss business and real life issues in general. U really got me annoyed by posting this 'Always knew that your head is empty.'

i dont take BS. I had the intention of playing along with u but u messed up Big time sad angry
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 2:29pm On May 16, 2012
OlowoTee: Yes, you're right. I might not have seen him, but, I've felt Him. I've seen His glory for real. It's an encounter that I would never forget. Just, the way you have so many questions begging for answers. I had mine...but, the difference was that I didn't throw them out to people, nor try to ridicule Him-God. I went a-thirst for Him and I questioned Him, yes, on my knees. It trully got to a point that i said If truly He is God, then, He should reveal Himself to me... It didn't happen immediately, but I tell you... He did show up...with His power. I wish i could explain it further...howbeit, the fact remains that there's a God.

Sorry, but I see no logical reply to my statements and questions on God. Go and research on the issues and raised and you will realise the problem in believing that Jesus is God.
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 2:34pm On May 16, 2012
logicboy:

Sorry, but I see no logical reply to my statements and questions on God. Go and research on the issues and raised and you will realise the problem in believing that Jesus is God.

which God are u talking about?

1 Like

Re: The Power Of Atheists! by Nobody: 2:49pm On May 16, 2012
Sorry dude,

Chrisitianity and your God-notion would remain complex to you the more you want a proof for everything. It's metaphysical, and it's spiritual... Logicboy, you'd begin to comprehend when you surrender your appeal for logical backups...
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 2:58pm On May 16, 2012
toba:

there he goes again with his illogical comment. Whether u believe he exist or otherwise is non of my business. Remember, im picking on u personally for being so stupid and not cos u are an atheist. so Im less concerned about the debate on God's existence or otherwise with u on this thread.

You came here on this thread to troll. You trolled with your first comment on this thread. The evidence is there. You never troll the christian threads that follow the mainstream dogma. Please stop acting like you are innocent here. You only look pathetic. Your original comment is there for everyone to see.

toba:

Can u see how stupid u are? wealthy background my foot. oh i see ur father is Dangote right? or u are related to bill gates? or Femi Otedola is ur uncle.? Is Obama ur relation? How wealthy are ur parents? cos im not sure their names were published in the 2011/2012 rich list. Just shut up. fools like u that makes the loudest noise on the internet are the ones living miserable lives in the real world. So i really dont care if u are damn broke cos that's non of my business. Its ur xter on line thats giving me concern cos if ur parent are as wealthy as u ve claimed, there money should have reflected on u if it was well spent.

1) Do you know all the rich people in Nigeria? Have you counted the millionaires in Nigeria? Epic fail
2) Are you so shallow to realise that it is the richest people but not all the richest that are on a rich list? What rich list is Theirry Henry on?
3) My character is simple. I have always honestly stated that I like to bash religious threads on Nairaland
4) You boast as well, remember how you told me and are still telling me that you're one of the big dogs on Nairaland that discusses life/business with other Nairalanders in real life?
5) We can skype and I can show you my crazy house in UK. A honest man has nothing to hide. But if I show you my house, you must promise to write 10 threads, each apologising for being a foolish troll towards logicboy.

toba:
Now i know u dont have a functioning brain. WTF is this? Are an evangelical atheist? Is atheism ur gospel that u want to spread? what makes u different from the everyday muslim and christian that make attempt to spread the news about the existence of their God?

1) The difference between me and a preaching muslim/christian is that I am not spreading a religion. Atheism is just a disbelief in God.
2) I am also getting people to think and throw away foriegn religions that are more harmful than positive towards the development of our country.
3) Unlike you, I am willing to improve my country.

toba:
Then i'll advice u remain mute for the rest of ur life. What does this tell u about ur belief?(atheism) Meaning no matter how u try, pple arent gonna accept it. It will only make u look stupid. Go and research more about ur founding fathers. I mean the real evangelical atheist that are sound. pple like the oxford prof Dawkins and co, spending money to make atheism grow. since u say u are from a wealthy familiy, why dont u start by making advert on Tv or radio stations that God doesnt exist. U dont have to appear if u are scared of dying in the hands of boko haram. what u cant do, ur money would do for u.

1) You advice me to remain mute. This is why Nigeria is backwards. People like you choose to ignore the importance of freedom of speech or expression. Which prospering and free country silences atheists?

2) You say that people will not accept atheism. There were people that said that black people will never have equal rights. There are people that said that we wont have a black president of USA. There are people that say that Nigeria will never progress. The critic will always liev in the shadow of progress.

3) TV and Radio stations need viewers/listeners first. I can not just start spending money on advertisement. Money has to be used efficiently. I dont live in Nigeria and so, I have to lay the groundwork first. How do you know thatI will not set up an atheist website for Nigeria first in UK and getting fans before expanding to Nigeria?

toba:

'An evangelical atheist is one who not only believes there is no god or other supreme being, but is obsessed with convincing everyone around them to become an atheist too, usually through hard-line intolerance (the kind they accuse other religions of). When cornered they usually try to put down their opponent's religion and bash them for 'blind faith', not realizing that their belief that there is no god is no more or less valid or provable than the other guy's belief that there is one. '

the above definition best describe ur mission. U know what, u are gonna fail. when u succeed, let me know

if this BS is really ur dream, i'll advice u to wake up from slumber cos ur effort will be in vain if u continue this way.

honestly i dont care one bit about ur mission, desire or goal. I wanted to prove something to u for having the guts to attack me first. Ride on boy. ride o

Lol.....no one remembers a critic. Thanks for telling me that I will fail. That is faith speaking. There is no certainty that I will fail or succeed but, I will try to succeed.
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 3:00pm On May 16, 2012
toba:

which God are u talking about?

You saw "Jesus is God" mentioned in the comment and you ask which God?

Are you just being a douche or just silly?
Re: The Power Of Atheists! by logicboy: 3:01pm On May 16, 2012
OlowoTee: Sorry dude,

Chrisitianity and your God-notion would remain complex to you the more you want a proof for everything. It's metaphysical, and it's spiritual... Logicboy, you'd begin to comprehend when you surrender your appeal for logical backups...

In other words, I should submit my reasoning and logic to your faith?

You must be joking

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Is Virgin Mary Omnipotent, Omnipresent And Omniscient? / All Atheists, Some Questions For You / Common Sins By Christians.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.