Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,827 members, 7,810,173 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:28 PM

A Christian Story: Wasted Months - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Christian Story: Wasted Months (973 Views)

DEAD END By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Short Christian Story.) / DABIRA By Mercy Oluwafunmito Adebisi (A Thrilling & Suspenseful Christian Story) / A Very Short Christian Story: "Talitha Cumi" - Written By Oyekunle Lizzy Oyebola (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

A Christian Story: Wasted Months by Blessytee(f): 1:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
It was 6am on a New Year's eve. Eunice paced round her spacious room as she was trying to count her blessings for the year as a way of putting what she learnt from a TV programme she listened to a fortnight ago into practice.

She cried bitterly when she discovered that she didn't achieve much.

"Wasted months" she thought.

She did not get the good things she planned for because she was not serious with her walk with God, a mistake she realised late.

She was lost in thoughts that she didn't know when her mother called her for morning devotion.

"Eunice, what's wrong with you?" her mother shouted when she opened her door, unaware of her daughter's mood.

"Good mor-ning ma" she stammered, kneeling down before her mum.

"Morning my dear" her mother replied calmly noticing her daughter's mood. "What's wrong with you?" She added.

"Nothing ma. I'll be fine" she replied.

"Good! You'll take today's devotion message. Let's go to the sitting room" Her mother said leaving without a word from her.

She hesitated for a while until she dragged her feet for her mother was a strict woman.

Recently, her mother had gotten one of the messages from Blessytee-- a young female blogger via her Facebook account. She loved it and decided to print it out for her family to read the next day.

While she read, she learnt that the best way to correct her mistakes is to stop repeating them. The writer supported this fact with the Word of God in 2 Corinthians 10:6, "...revenge all disobedience, when your obedience is fulfilled."

She corrected her mistakes by seeking God diligently and persistently; and she was greatly blessed.

Writer's note: Eunice's life was transformed for good when she FOLLOWED what she read. Read good materials.

Do well to follow this instruction, "Remember therefore from whence
thou art fallen, and repent, and do
the first works; or else I will come unto
thee quickly, and will remove thy
candlestick out of his place, except
thou repent." (Revelations 2:5).

What are these first works?

Do well to confess your sins (your past
mistakes) and FORSAKE them (stop
repeating those mistakes).

Dear reader, I'll like you to say this
prayer: Father, please help me to seek you diligently.

Happy New Year!

3 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Life Of A Soldier / Tech Writers Needed - 5naira/word / The Poet Who Saw It Before The World Knew

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.