Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,962 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Poet Who Saw It Before The World Knew - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Poet Who Saw It Before The World Knew (973 Views)

Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Round 2 - Hot Topics / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 - Submission Thread For Round 1 / Nairaland's "The Poet" Competition Season 2 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Poet Who Saw It Before The World Knew by Orikinla(m): 1:26pm On Feb 27, 2007
Some news extra.

When the Nigerian poet Orikinla Osinachi wrote the “Veiled Assassin”, he never knew that his fictional story was actually similar to how the male suspect in the major anti-terrorist investigation in London also escaped capture disguising himself as a Muslim woman dressed in a burqa. Was is it a coincidence or a prophetic foresight?
In the "Veiled Assassin", a terrorist disguised in a burqa assassinated a writer in London and escaped with his accomplices who were also men in the burqa.

The author of “Scarlet Tears of London” said he has been suspecting Islamic terrorists of using their veils as the means of disguise in their suicide attacks.
“When a Muslim is all covered up in the burqa, you cannot identify whether it is a man or woman. So, the burqa is the perfect disguise for terrorists to launch attacks anywhwere and escape from being identified and captured,” Osinachi said.

His book of romantic, religious and political poems “Scarlet Tears of London” is dedicated to the memory of the victims of the London terrorist bombings of July 7, 2005.
“When the terrorist bombings shook London on July 7, 2005, the rest of the world gaped and gasped in horror. When I saw a woman bleeding and shedding tears I was petrified as I saw her face in red and I saw scarlet tears,” he recalled.

"Scarlet Tears of London" highlighted the hatred between Islamists and the Zionists and the war on terror. But, also celebrated the passions of a Christian who is in love with a beautiful Muslim maiden Sunniya whose brother Mustafa became a suicide bomber. The poet preaches that love can put an end to islamophobia and terrorism.

There are echoes of the enchanted Lebanese American visionary poet Kahlil Gibran in the poetry of Orikinla Osinachi who is also an artist like Gibran.
“Of course, Gibran’s 'The Prophet' is one of my most treasured books.”

What will the poet and prophet foresee next?

http://www.huliq.com/12501/the-poet-who-saw-it-before-the-world-saw-it
Re: The Poet Who Saw It Before The World Knew by segedoo(m): 6:23pm On Mar 21, 2007
well done wink

(1) (Reply)

African Literature / Short Story: Reveiw / Dark dreams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.