Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,107 members, 7,811,118 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" (14947 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / Nigerian Defense Academy 70th Regular Course Recruit 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Drienzia: 4:09pm On Jan 10, 2017
free2ryhme:

Did you report the phone number and dealings to efcc

Cos phone numbers are registered and can be used to trace the real culprity
for 3k? OP don't even waste your time... They won't take u serious. This is Nigeria
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by linearity: 4:11pm On Jan 10, 2017
dfrost:

Some cell numbers could be burners.

I don't think you can get a burner phone or SIM card again in Nigeria, no provider will sell you a SIM unless you register it.

If reported to EFCC, they can even use the recharge card number to unravel the misery and get this individual. Each Telecom provider have a database of all their recharge card numbers (used & unused) and call pull up which phone number used which recharge card number for top up.

All EFCC need to do, is send the recharge card number to that provided and they will pull the records for them. If if this individual have been receiving recharge cards from other sources, they can also get that historical data.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by free2ryhme: 4:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
Drienzia:
for 3k? OP don't even waste your time... They won't take u serious. This is Nigeria

For that same 3k you are reporting him to nairaland

So your post is not serious

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by linearity: 4:18pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

Your last paragraph confirmed my suspicion that stupidity runs in ur family...

"If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered sewing them"

Who says you can't sue them?... You people just open ur mouth and insult Nigeria at will. I guess if you father was a better father he wouldn't have fallen for the scam.

O boy cut him some slacks.

And, there might be some truth in what he is saying, though not in the sense of 'he cannot sue', but more of, 'it's worthless suing'.

Looking at the economic of scale, going to court over N3,000, is foolish as you will spend more than that, before even getting a court date; you might not win, as you have the burden of proof.

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by engrjosefz(m): 4:19pm On Jan 10, 2017
This is a very cheap scam you fell for.

NEXT TIME VERIFY THIS OUT.
UR CLOSE FRIENDS COULD BE THE SCAMMER TOO
TO HAVE GOT YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by xxgig(m): 4:24pm On Jan 10, 2017
switchlain:
Pele .. If it were to be for other rank I for hook u up.. But NDA na long thing ...
would love to join, though as a graduate, can you hook me up?
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Drienzia: 4:31pm On Jan 10, 2017
free2ryhme:

For that same 3k you are reporting him to nairaland

So your post is not serious
Reporting him to nairaland? The OP was just expressing how he felt. Abi seun don turn DSS boss abi?

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by kidman96(m): 4:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
linearity:

O boy cut him some slacks.

And, there might be some truth in what he is saying, though not in the sense of 'he cannot sue', but more of, 'it's worthless suing'.

Looking at the economic of scale, going to court over N3,000, is foolish as you will spend more than that, before even getting a court date; you might not win, as you have the burden of proof.

Its like that everywhere in the world,you don't win all court cases... That's not a yardstick to insult a country of over 170 million people. Some people are proud of their country.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 4:52pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:
OK today about 10am in the morning , my dad rushed back from work called me and then handed me his phone, the man on the other end of the line claimed to be an officer by name ayuba working at the nigerian defence academy in Kaduna,
we was saying something about the school re inviting me again for another interview after I had already been disqualified by the board earlier last year.

My dad had put in a lot of effort in order for me to get admitted. into that school so that it was a great news to us more like a second chance for us we drop all our suspicions of the call being a scam when the caller mentioned my full name and the name of my dad, at this point we were willing to do any thing cuz the news kind of sounded true.

The caller now asked for payment so he could buy us form we live in jos so it was a relief because he said the administration would stop selling the purchasing of this form as from tomorrow

We then enquired how we would make the payment, he said we should send mtn recharge card of 3000 naira and send to him

My dad knew how much I wanted to be at the academy so he didn't want the blame on him may be because he didn't do enough so he bought the card and sent it to him

Then we asked him what's next he told us to wait he would get in touch with us, after some time he called back again saying he had to do something about medicals and it required 7000 naira now my dad began doubting him as he refused to give us his account name and number for payment he was insisting on payment in form of recharge cards my dad refused

Then he became furious and said if we don't believe in him we should just forget and he refused to refund the money we sent to him earlier on

We tried calling him since then but his phone has been switched if since then
I don't understand how people live by scamming other people

The surprise about this is how he got my contact information I only submitted this to Nigerian defence academy so this scammer must be somebody who works at the academy

If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered sewing them to court

Take his number to the network provide for verification
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 4:54pm On Jan 10, 2017
switchlain:
Pele .. If it were to be for other rank I for hook u up.. But NDA na long thing ...
-padi padi abi?
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by ArabMopol(m): 4:59pm On Jan 10, 2017
Op you want to join Nigeria defence academy but u can't even construct good English... u must be Buhari in making, thank God u did not get the admission, better join
yellow-fever, man O war, boyscout or civilian JTF ... meanwhile the guy notice the desperation in you and decide to scam you like APC .. Ntoooo
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 5:00pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

Who says you can't sue them?... You people just open ur mouth and insult Nigeria at will. I guess if you father was a better father he wouldn't have fallen for the scam.
Meanest poster ever!! If stupidity runs in his family, what runs in yours?

O

L

O

D

O

2 Likes

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by cashkid: 5:02pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

E be like say you don dey find thus guy before ooo lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by andyanders: 5:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
The surprise about this is how he got my contact information I only submitted this to Nigerian defence academy so this scammer must be somebody who works at the academy

Could also be someone that knows you and is aware how desperate you needed to get into the academy.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Melonny(m): 5:23pm On Jan 10, 2017
Proverbz, oga, NDA officer didn't scam you. My younger bro got the admission last year-(68RC). I could remember he was in Whatsapp group of 68RC applicants then EK16 ( 16 names came out initially on the list) then EK13 (13 names that got admitted after the interview)
Did you join any Whatsapp group for JOS NDA applicants, candidates? if you did, it's possible that one of the guys in the group must have scammed you and it may be remote.. You can sue NDA.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by fivestarrealty: 5:26pm On Jan 10, 2017
48noble:
check ur friends.... one of them could be responsible for #3k scam...
on point.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by dfrost: 5:37pm On Jan 10, 2017
linearity:

I don't think you can get a burner phone or SIM card again in Nigeria, no provider will sell you a SIM unless you register it.

If reported to EFCC, they can even use the recharge card number to unravel the misery and get this individual. Each Telecom provider have a database of all their recharge card numbers (used & unused) and call pull up which phone number used which recharge card number for top up.

All EFCC need to do, is send the recharge card number to that provided and they will pull the records for them. If if this individual have been receiving recharge cards from other sources, they can also get that historical data.

Yeah I get it. What if the user decides to toss the line (phoney identity) everytime he scams an individual, knowing that sims are as cheap as it gets? If we had a solid database that can match photo recognition, then scam will reduce drastically.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by PROVERBZ(m): 5:40pm On Jan 10, 2017
Melonny:
Proverbz, oga, NDA officer didn't scam you. My younger bro got the admission last year-(68RC). I could remember he was in Whatsapp group of 68RC applicants then EK16 ( 16 names came out initially on the list) then EK13 (13 names that got admitted after the interview)
Did you join any Whatsapp group for JOS NDA applicants, candidates? if you did, it's possible that one of the guys in the group must have scammed you and it may be remote.. You can sue NDA.
nah am not in any of such group tho
I only suggested that it could be a possibility
the moderator who pushed it to front page completely changed the heading and every body wants to kill me
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by kidman96(m): 5:41pm On Jan 10, 2017
Oyind17:
Meanest poster ever!! If stupidity runs in his family, what runs in yours?

O

L

O

D

O
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by PROVERBZ(m): 5:47pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

if ur dad was sensible he would have used a condom dat nyt with prostitute

at least I wouldn't be reading this useless comment rite now

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Lawalemi(m): 5:49pm On Jan 10, 2017
Terrible nation
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Melonny(m): 5:50pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:
nah am not in any of such group tho
I only suggested that it could be a possibility
the moderator who pushed it to front page completely changed the heading and every body wants to kill me
Are you going for 69RC? my bro wrote the exam 3 times and got to the interview stage twice. He was dropped from 67RC for one senseless reason. so he did all the tests before going and went with the results for the 68RC interview... Don't give up bro
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Nobody: 6:04pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

Your father OLODO.
See as e pepper you grin
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by dee02(m): 6:05pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

Your father OLODO.

grin grin grin
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Moblord(m): 6:34pm On Jan 10, 2017
And what makes you think he's NDA staff? What evidence do you have? My friend edit your story he claimed to be NDA staff but he's not.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by ceejay80s(m): 6:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:
OK today about 10am in the morning , my dad rushed back from work called me and then handed me his phone, the man on the other end of the line claimed to be an officer by name ayuba working at the nigerian defence academy in Kaduna,
we was saying something about the school re inviting me again for another interview after I had already been disqualified by the board earlier last year.

My dad had put in a lot of effort in order for me to get admitted. into that school so that it was a great news to us more like a second chance for us we drop all our suspicions of the call being a scam when the caller mentioned my full name and the name of my dad, at this point we were willing to do any thing cuz the news kind of sounded true.

The caller now asked for payment so he could buy us form we live in jos so it was a relief because he said the administration would stop selling the purchasing of this form as from tomorrow

We then enquired how we would make the payment, he said we should send mtn recharge card of 3000 naira and send to him

My dad knew how much I wanted to be at the academy so he didn't want the blame on him may be because he didn't do enough so he bought the card and sent it to him

Then we asked him what's next he told us to wait he would get in touch with us, after some time he called back again saying he had to do something about medicals and it required 7000 naira now my dad began doubting him as he refused to give us his account name and number for payment he was insisting on payment in form of recharge cards my dad refused

Then he became furious and said if we don't believe in him we should just forget and he refused to refund the money we sent to him earlier on

If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered
sewing
them to court

U can't sew them to court, u can only sue them to court,

That phone number he called u with was registered by somebody, do the needful
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by PROVERBZ(m): 7:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
ceejay80s:

U can't sew them to court, u can only sue them to court,

That phone number he called u with was registered by somebody, do the needful
the sew thing was a mistake I already tried to modify my post but I can't cuz its been moved to front page

u should realise DAT we black people don't owe any one proper English

every body makes mistakes

1 Like

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by ceejay80s(m): 7:12pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:
the sew thing was a mistake I already tried to modify my post but I can't cuz its been moved to front page

u should realise DAT we black people don't owe any one proper English

every body makes mistakes
Sorry bro
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by fitinwell: 7:38pm On Jan 10, 2017
Sorry Bro OP, welcome to Nigeria , where her citizens Bio Datas are not treated with high confidentiality. They most have dumbed your forms for the scavengers to treat.. so am not suprised about you been scammed.. you could imagine you honestly want to serve your country,by joining the Force.. NDA... if you belong to the Top Gun motherfuuckers .. you would have long gained admission..
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by HealthMatters16: 7:56pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:

If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered sewing them to court

Sorry for your experience but you and your dad should take the blame. What correlation does MTN recharge card have to do with enrollment into the Defence Academy? You should have been wiser. For him to have gotten your name and phone number means he is an insider in the NDA who perhaps has access to the forms of applicants (either online or offline) so it's a no-brainer.

These are the kind of bad elements who give we genuine people a bad name and make everyone think that "everyone in Nigeria" is a scammer.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Edmanpumpin(m): 8:10pm On Jan 10, 2017
kidman96:

You are surely the stupeed one here kid.

If not, you could have simply pointed out the wrong spelling to him and correct him with love.
Bloody Arse-wipe.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by kidman96(m): 8:20pm On Jan 10, 2017
Edmanpumpin:

You are surely the stupeed one here kid.

If not, you could have simply pointed out the wrong spelling to him and correct him with love.
Bloody Arse-wipe.

Looool....OMG! I just died of laughter!

Dude is it that you don't understand english or you are just plain stvpid? OMG you are so bumb.

Seriously? You read my post and thought I called him out because of his grammatical error? Damnn! This is stupidity at a whole new level.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Graduate & Experienced Recruitment At Fhi 360 (over 40 Positions) 2013 / Job Vacancies For October-December 2014(Updated) / Job Opportunities In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.