Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,252 members, 7,811,697 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 05:30 PM

How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" - Jobs/Vacancies (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" (14950 Views)

How I Almost Got Scammed Over A Civil Defense Job / How I Was Scammed In Lagos: My 2 Weeks Experience In A Hotel / Nigerian Defense Academy 70th Regular Course Recruit 2018 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by feeloscar(m): 9:46pm On Jan 10, 2017
SmartyPants:

abeg o, please don't sew our Defence Academy to court bros...are you a tailor? tongue

You sent 3, 000 naira to someone over the phone and you want the whole world to cry with you or what? just 3, 000 for that matter. Why would the busy staff at the NDA offer to buy you the form for you when he doesn't know you from anywhere? Plus you were obviously not qualified. Next time, stop and think.

Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by bejeria101(m): 9:48pm On Jan 10, 2017
PROVERBZ:
OK today about 10am in the morning , my dad rushed back from work called me and then handed me his phone, the man on the other end of the line claimed to be an officer by name ayuba working at the nigerian defence academy in Kaduna,
we was saying something about the school re inviting me again for another interview after I had already been disqualified by the board earlier last year.

My dad had put in a lot of effort in order for me to get admitted. into that school so that it was a great news to us more like a second chance for us we drop all our suspicions of the call being a scam when the caller mentioned my full name and the name of my dad, at this point we were willing to do any thing cuz the news kind of sounded true.

The caller now asked for payment so he could buy us form we live in jos so it was a relief because he said the administration would stop selling the purchasing of this form as from tomorrow

We then enquired how we would make the payment, he said we should send mtn recharge card of 3000 naira and send to him

My dad knew how much I wanted to be at the academy so he didn't want the blame on him may be because he didn't do enough so he bought the card and sent it to him

Then we asked him what's next he told us to wait he would get in touch with us, after some time he called back again saying he had to do something about medicals and it required 7000 naira now my dad began doubting him as he refused to give us his account name and number for payment he was insisting on payment in form of recharge cards my dad refused

Then he became furious and said if we don't believe in him we should just forget and he refused to refund the money we sent to him earlier on

We tried calling him since then but his phone has been switched if since then
I don't understand how people live by scamming other people

The surprise about this is how he got my contact information I only submitted this to Nigerian defence academy so this scammer must be somebody who works at the academy

If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered sewing them to court

Bros they have upped they game,the wld get you into a comfort zone if you arent smart you would have parted with your cash b4 it dawns on you. Happend to my aunt *she wasnt scammed though* the unfortunate thing was the company mentiond belong to her husbands friend,the story is with white men in transcorp and the company is bywater engineering,what the scammer wld ask u to buy is sold by phcn and not a water engineering company. Sorry for you loss
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by SweetBanana: 10:07pm On Jan 10, 2017
Op,you and ur dad should pls grow up (sorry for my language), an unknown person asking u to send recharge card in 2017,sorry for your damn loss.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Phobia1: 1:02am On Jan 11, 2017
PROVERBZ:
OK today about 10am in the morning , my dad rushed back from work called me and then handed me his phone, the man on the other end of the line claimed to be an officer by name ayuba working at the nigerian defence academy in Kaduna,
we was saying something about the school re inviting me again for another interview after I had already been disqualified by the board earlier last year.

My dad had put in a lot of effort in order for me to get admitted. into that school so that it was a great news to us more like a second chance for us we drop all our suspicions of the call being a scam when the caller mentioned my full name and the name of my dad, at this point we were willing to do any thing cuz the news kind of sounded true.

The caller now asked for payment so he could buy us form we live in jos so it was a relief because he said the administration would stop selling the purchasing of this form as from tomorrow

We then enquired how we would make the payment, he said we should send mtn recharge card of 3000 naira and send to him

My dad knew how much I wanted to be at the academy so he didn't want the blame on him may be because he didn't do enough so he bought the card and sent it to him

Then we asked him what's next he told us to wait he would get in touch with us, after some time he called back again saying he had to do something about medicals and it required 7000 naira now my dad began doubting him as he refused to give us his account name and number for payment he was insisting on payment in form of recharge cards my dad refused

Then he became furious and said if we don't believe in him we should just forget and he refused to refund the money we sent to him earlier on

We tried calling him since then but his phone has been switched if since then
I don't understand how people live by scamming other people

The surprise about this is how he got my contact information I only submitted this to Nigerian defence academy so this scammer must be somebody who works at the academy

If Nigeria was a better country I might have considered sewing them to court

Sewing bawo waani? You be tailor ni? haha.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by nairaimporter: 6:39am On Jan 11, 2017
linearity:

O boy cut him some slacks.

And, there might be some truth in what he is saying, though not in the sense of 'he cannot sue', but more of, 'it's worthless suing'.

Looking at the economic of scale, going to court over N3,000, is foolish as you will spend more than that, before even getting a court date; you might not win, as you have the burden of proof.

No need to go to court, just report to efcc. It's so easy for them to catch the culprit. It's free to report.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by Edmanpumpin(m): 12:30am On Jan 12, 2017
kidman96:

Looool....OMG! I just died of laughter!

Dude is it that you don't understand english or you are just plain stvpid? OMG you are so bumb.

Seriously? You read my post and thought I called him out because of his grammatical error? Damnn! This is stupidity at a whole new level.

Hey KID, do run along now, Go play with some toys. Confused numbskull.
Re: How A Nairalander Was Scammed By A "Nigerian Defense Academy Staff" by pointblank247(m): 8:10pm On Jan 14, 2017
Justnora:

3k is not just
yeaa 3k in not justnora, not just . yeaa i think i like that. nice one babe

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Massive Graduate & Experienced Recruitment At Fhi 360 (over 40 Positions) 2013 / Job Vacancies For October-December 2014(Updated) / First Bank Is Recruiting Tellers!!!!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.