Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,783 members, 7,837,852 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship - Education (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship (62468 Views)

2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by misspicy(f): 2:42pm On Jan 14, 2017
ibadanfinest:

if thats the case, many will be logged out. i had to bar all incoming call.
For those complaining that the test was flaw. well i cant completely say you are wriong. If someone like me thats using small lenovo phone (lenovo G3) can do it with my fone browser with no.wahala. I believe the problem isnt from the organiser. it may be the network around your area.
Yes many that did that got logged out that is why they are complaining

I also used a small lenovo phone's browser with no wahala. gringrin

The problem isn't from the organizers

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

Pls rather than using the number of posts in the education section. Why not hold a final test for like the top 20 candidates.That would make sure the winner won based on merit and intelligence and not NL posts wink

Hahahaha... Iffa hear

Rules cannot be changed once made...It will only make the integrity of the organizers questionable

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by timbex96(m): 2:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

Pls rather than using the number of posts in the education section. Why not hold a final test for like the top 20 candidates.That would make sure the winner won based on merit and intelligence and not NL posts wink
Yes o, that post stuff no make am
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by shakaz(m): 2:44pm On Jan 14, 2017
Umartins1:
Xfire,

Yoruba people say, "ere la n fi omo ayo se" that is, olympic is not to win but to participate.

I don't really care if I win or not but that you are not succumbing to an error in that platform is something that hurts me.

I started the quiz well. And let me even tell you a dark secret: I was using google to aid myself. I saw where the questions were drawn from. I was happy answering the first three questions until I was automatically logged out.

Sir, I'm not a fool to log myself out, that's what I want you to realise.

Anyway, good luck to the eventual winner.
cheesy maybe you are not as smart as you think. To think you can be smarter than the organizer...I pity you.

Next time be a good citizen and avoid cheating.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by misspicy(f): 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
Taylor184:

Hahahaha... Iffa hear

Rules cannot be changed once made...It will only make the integrity of the organizers questionable
That rule has been out ruled gringringrin

#pele
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Jesuspikin8: 2:45pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

Pls rather than using the number of posts in the education section. Why not hold a final test for like the top 20 candidates.That would make sure the winner won based on merit and intelligence and not NL posts wink. Being a member of NL should be enough requirement for the winner,so why not hold another test for the top candidates rather than this route
Supported

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by olagockay(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
No result till Monday? angry
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by latbas(m): 2:46pm On Jan 14, 2017
kudos to the organisers. the questions tough die
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by vin12(m): 2:47pm On Jan 14, 2017
I GOT THE MAIL BY EXACTLY 1.59PM AFTER WAITING FOR LONG. THANKS XFIRE FOR ATTENDING TO MY ISSUE.

However, it was going very fine until I was logged put on no. 32. I had 38%.

Thanks xfire for the opportunity.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jan 14, 2017
misspicy:

[i][font=Georgia]That rule has been out ruled gringringrin

#pele

Sorry ehn.. Check the first page... It is written there.. Expressly, devoid of any form of ambiguity, grin grin

All the same.... Congratulations to the winners!

If there can be a test for the finalists truly....

But then!
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Jesuspikin8: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
shakaz:
cheesy maybe you are not as smart as you think. To think you can be smarter than the organizer...I pity you.

Next time be a good citizen and avoid cheating.
grin I tell you. They musta used back-end programming.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
only did 12 questions.. got logged out
congrats in advance to the winner.
60 k no be small money.. the tin pain me sha

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by TaiwoChris(m): 2:49pm On Jan 14, 2017
Couldnt believe i was logged out @abt 50questions or so...thanks fr the opportunity....had 45%....ohps
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by dejt4u(m): 2:51pm On Jan 14, 2017
misspicy:
That rule has been out ruled gringringrin

#pele
not completely ruled out
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Ksslib(m): 2:53pm On Jan 14, 2017
Jesuspikin8:
It wouldn't. Time constraint took care of that. Xfire is smart. Even if one was to do that, you be lucky to answer up to 30 questions before the time elapsed. It was designed in such a way that you couldn't eat your cake and still have it.
Trust me, it didn't.

Now, the total time given for 60questions was 35mins 30secs. This means 2130seconds for 60questions.

Which means to finish the test, you shouldn't spend more than 35.5secs on a question.

Now, there are some questions one can answer within two three seconds. Doing this for, say, two questions gives an extra 65seconds(one whooping minute and extra five seconds), which can be used to tackle other questions.

It takes less than 4secs to open Google search. See, lemme just stop here but I know what I am talking about. Let's not dampen the uplifting nature of this applaudable initiative by echoing its flaws.

I believe next year's will be better. Much much

2 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by DamiG(f): 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

Pls rather than using the number of posts in the education section. Why not hold a final test for like the top 20 candidates.That would make sure the winner won based on merit and intelligence and not NL posts wink. Being a member of NL should be enough requirement for the winner,so why not hold another test for the top candidates rather than this route
Cc: xfire,odunharry,dejt4u

Pls guys reconsider my idea,the amount of Nl post stuffs isn't fair because it means the test won't be solely based on intelligence/smartness. Consider holding another test for the top candidates like top 20 or top 30.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by rill: 2:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Got logged out before time elapsed. All the same, thanks xfire for a good job
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by DamiG(f): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
Taylor184:

Hahahaha... Iffa hear

Rules can be reconstructed wink

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by misspicy(f): 2:55pm On Jan 14, 2017
Taylor184:

Sorry ehn.. Check the first page... It is written there.. Expressly, devoid of any form of ambiguity, grin grin

But then!
Seen grin
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Jesuspikin8: 2:56pm On Jan 14, 2017
Less I forget though, I want to say...

Thank you Xfire

Thank you Odunharry

Thank you Dej4tu

The fact that I was the last on the shortlist - no 284 - says it all. I was damn lucky

Forever grateful for the opportunity. May God bless you plenty. smiley
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by DamiG(f): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
Taylor184:

But then!
There should be a test for them,that is a good way to ensure fairness
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by shakaz(m): 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

I have been reading your comments and I think you are an intelligent lady that wants another oppurtuniny to prove herself. I like that. I'm in too. I hope xfire agrees to that.

Cc: team 60+%
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 2:57pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

Rules can be reconstructed wink
I know.

But their integrity is at stake! No one would take their rules serious again in years to come!

And no be say I score better mark sef..... Make I dey disturb sha
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by ibadanfinest(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
DamiG:

Cc: xfire,odunharry,dejt4u

Pls guys reconsider my idea,the amount of Nl post stuffs isn't fair because it means the test won't be solely based on intelligence/smartness. Consider holding another test for the top candidates like top 20 or top 30.

This might have been considered if it were suggested before the test. Now u want them to change the rule after the test.

Your idea is lovely dear, i love ladies that think but its not timely dear.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Brunicekid(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
The test was really brain cracking...A very nice concept. Thanks so much X-fire for this opportunity you gave,it's very rare to find this kind gesture of scholarship you made available on Nairaland.I just pray that the Lord God will reward you in the best possible way
.I tried in the test but I could have done better if I was able to finish up about 55-60 of the questions.It has just taught me a lesson about being fast though and time conscious in anything I do in life.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by smithval(m): 2:58pm On Jan 14, 2017
Didn't get to finish the test. Couldn't see the time so i tried to rush but still. Skipped some and stopped at number 55 or so I think. Was in a noisy environment too(birthday party in the compound). Thanks to xfire for this great opportunity to students. It's a welcome development and will really encourage and empower students academically.
Thank you
Seen
Xfire
Invertedhammer
And the organizers and programmers .
LONG LIVE THE FEDERAL REPUBIC OF NIGERIA
LONG LIVE NAIRALAND FORUM.
THANKS AND HAPPY WEEKEND TO EVERYONE
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by rill: 2:59pm On Jan 14, 2017
Ksslib:

Trust me, it didn't.

Now, the total time given for 60questions was 35mins 30secs. This means 2130seconds for 60questions.

Which means to finish the test, you shouldn't spend more than 35.5secs on a question.

Now, there are some questions one can answer within two three seconds. Doing this for, say, two questions gives an extra 65seconds(one whooping minute and extra five seconds), which can be used to tackle other questions.

It takes less than 4secs to open Google search. See, lemme just stop here but I know what I am talking about. Let's not dampen the uplifting nature of this applaudable initiative by echoing its flaws.

I believe next year's will be better. Much much
not all the questions there required Google, only a few I'd say.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Fynestboi: 3:00pm On Jan 14, 2017
Odunharry:

I no see u at all ni..
I know say na engagements carry you busy

We just resumed so I am trying to put some things in place.

Are they supposed to be announcing their results themselves?
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Ksslib(m): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
Odunharry:

Lmao.. Where are those memes of yours?
Lol. Memes too dey eat mb.

I commend you and your team for the time and effort you guys put in. Jah bless
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by DamiG(f): 3:02pm On Jan 14, 2017
shakaz:
I have been reading your comments and I think you are an intelligent lady that wants another oppurtuniny to prove herself. I like that. I'm in too. I hope xfire agrees to that.

Cc: team 60+%
Thanks
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by DamiG(f): 3:03pm On Jan 14, 2017
ibadanfinest:

This might have been considered if it were suggested before the test. Now u want them to change the rule after the test.

Your idea is lovely dear, i love ladies that think but its not timely dear.
Never say never wink
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by DamiG(f): 3:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
Taylor184:
I know.

But their integrity is at stake! No one would take their rules serious again in years to come!

And no be say I score better mark sef..... Make I dey disturb sha
I disagree,it would only show that they have compassion.Remember that at the beginning they said only 60 candidates would be allowed but alas 284 made the list.If that rule could be change why not this one also

Cc:xfire odunharry dejt4u

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (33) (Reply)

See Beautiful Pictures Of University Of Abuja / Teachers Sent To Prison For Shaving Pupil’s Hair / Osun Students Appear In Church Garments

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.