Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,182 members, 7,815,138 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship - Education (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship (62173 Views)

2019 Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship Test :::Verification of Winners:: / Annual Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Quiz Competition (scholarship)- 3rd Edition / 2nd Edition Of The XFIRE Nairaland Scholarship Quiz-Final Test In Progress (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by HankzBae(m): 6:56am On Jan 12, 2017
Odunharry:
Lols ... U no serious
you guys should make it harder tho. so one would pass by merit
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 7:18am On Jan 12, 2017
For those requesting for a timer, I will like to say that time management is a big part of the exam. This is an online exam. You can improvise a timer. No timer will be provided. Believe me, adding a visible timer can astronomically increase the tension while taking the test. Let each candidate provide a timer for themselves.

You have 60 questions to be answered in 35 minutes.

However, I have added a feature such that you can skip questions you do not know simply by clicking on the arrows besides the number list. This will enable concentrate on the ones you know first. After finishing all the ones you know, you can go back to review any question you were unsure of. You can navigate back and forth with arrows. It will also now request that you submit your answers if you reach the end before time elapses.

If your time elapses while answering the questions, it will count only the ones you answered.

Please attempt as many times as you want before 10pm today. This will enable get familiar with the online platform and you can decide which network, browser, phone, location or strategy to use.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 7:31am On Jan 12, 2017
HankzBae:

you guys should make it harder tho. so one would pass by merit

Believe me, only the smartest students will emerge as winners.And the questions won't favour any particular discipline. That's all I will say about the real test.

Cc odunharry and dejt4u

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 7:47am On Jan 12, 2017
Odunharry:

Smiles.. how was it?
very cool
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nelsizzy(m): 7:51am On Jan 12, 2017
Sweet.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by osram(m): 7:53am On Jan 12, 2017
xfire:

Believe me, only the smartest students will emerge as winners.And the questions won't favour any particular discipline. That's all I will say about the real test.

Cc odunharry and dejt4u
gudmorning sir..i later saw the mail this morning in another folder called *boxbe* on my gmail bt when i clicked on it..it open bt i cudnt find the link to the online,wat appeared was a link to activate the domain and when i did d email moved to my inbox.so i went to my inbox nd clicked on it bt wen it opened i didnt see any link to the test..sir pls am askin if u can pls send me anoda mail.tnx

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 8:44am On Jan 12, 2017
osram:
gudmorning sir..i later saw the mail this morning in another folder called *boxbe* on my gmail bt when i clicked on it..it open bt i cudnt find the link to the online,wat appeared was a link to activate the domain and when i did d email moved to my inbox.so i went to my inbox nd clicked on it bt wen it opened i didnt see any link to the test..sir pls am askin if u can pls send me anoda mail.tnx
Share your screen.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by dejt4u(m): 8:56am On Jan 12, 2017
osram:
upload the screenshot here

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Obinnau(m): 8:58am On Jan 12, 2017
xfire:
For those requesting for a timer, I will like to say that time management is a big part of the exam. This is an online exam. You can improvise a timer. No timer will be provided. Believe me, adding a visible timer can astronomically increase the tension while taking the test. Let each candidate provide a timer for themselves.

You have 60 questions to be answered in 35 minutes.

However, I have added a feature such that you can skip questions you do not know simply by clicking on the arrows besides the number list. This will enable concentrate on the ones you know first. After finishing all the ones you know, you can go back to review any question you were unsure of. You can navigate back and forth with arrows. It will also now request that you submit your answers if you reach the end before time elapses.

If your time elapses while answering the questions, it will count only the ones you answered.

Please attempt as many times as you want before 10pm today. This will enable get familiar with the online platform and you can decide which network, browser, phone, location or strategy to use.
you are actually correct. Speaking from experience in writing CBT tests, skipping questions to answer it later in a timed exam is counter-productive. If you don't know it you guesstimate it and move on period.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 9:11am On Jan 12, 2017
Obinnau:
you are actually correct. Speaking from experience in writing CBT tests, skipping questions to answer it later in a timed exam is counter-productive. If you don't know it you guesstimate it and move on period.
That's exactly why I said only the smartest will emerge winners. Smart students strategize. Candidates are free to discuss their strategies. They may also decide to keep it to themselves for obvious reasons. All way na way.

I am the overall coordinator of the test so I am not in a position to advise candidates on strategies. grin grin

@ all candidates, there is no negative marking.

3 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Ksslib(m): 9:18am On Jan 12, 2017
xfire, I must greatly commend you for this outstanding, refreshing initiative, which breaks away from the norm of celebrating mediocrity as usual like we are used to in Nigeria. Good to know there are still few people out there who want to celebrate creativity and thinkers. Would have still participated anyways, money is just an added bonus. God bless you.

Now, how are you going to eliminate the possibility of an unmerited winner emerging to the lowest possible minimum. People can easily cheat via Google search, which you and i will agree, defeats the aim of the competition.

How are you going to eliminate this to the barest minimum base on the nature of questions that are going to be set?

2 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by dejt4u(m): 9:33am On Jan 12, 2017
Ksslib:
xfire, I must greatly commend you for this outstanding, refreshing initiative, which breaks away from the norm of celebrating mediocrity as usual like we are used to in Nigeria. Good to know there are still few people out there who want to celebrate creativity and thinkers. Would have still participated anyways, money is just an added bonus. God bless you.

Now, how are you going to eliminate the possibility of an unmerited winner emerging to the lowest possible minimum. People can easily cheat via Google search, which you and i will agree, defeats the aim of the competition.

How are you going to eliminate this to the barest minimum base on the nature of questions that are going to be set?
do not be disturbed over this. It's not a problem at all

3 Likes

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by timbex96(m): 9:50am On Jan 12, 2017
Ksslib:

i believe the short time for the test was for that purpose

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Jamzig1(m): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2017
grin
C'mon the practice test... 1+1 haba.. lol
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by gUdbOiii(m): 11:04am On Jan 12, 2017
For Free Academics Mentoring kindly check this link: http://belovedkonsult.com/free-academics-mentoring/

They have assisted many. Thank me Later
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 11:15am On Jan 12, 2017
@ all candidates,

The timer is actually the bar in the upper-right corner of the screen.
If you hoover over the bar or click on it, it will show you the remaining time for the test.

See screenshot below (with 2 mins, 49s left)

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Ksslib(m): 11:24am On Jan 12, 2017
dejt4u:
do not be disturbed over this. It's not a problem at all
Ok then.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by salamudeen(m): 11:26am On Jan 12, 2017
abeg make una make this thing like this

this one i cleared it within one minute

abeg leave am like that ooooo
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Nobody: 1:16pm On Jan 12, 2017
I took the sample test and it was awesome. Thanks to the organisers. I hope to win the contest

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Brownhypo: 2:00pm On Jan 12, 2017
Thanks so much fire.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by hayPizzle(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
misspicy:
A warning to contestants who plans to use phone,if you know your phone network is not good,better locate a high mountain on that day cheesy
I just realized a slow network will thwart some people's chances.

A word is enough for the wise smiley
abi
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Faremisodeeq(m): 5:02pm On Jan 12, 2017
xfire:
@ all candidates,

The timer is actually the bar in the upper-right corner of the screen.
If you hoover over the bar or click on it, it will show you the remaining time for the test.

See screenshot below (with 2 mins, 49s left)

My name was shortlisted (faremisodeeq) but I have not received any mail could you please do something about it
Faremisodeeq@gmail.com
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by osram(m): 5:12pm On Jan 12, 2017
dejt4u:
upload the screenshot here
sorry for posting late sir,I had alot of lectures to contend with today
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 5:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
Faremisodeeq:

My name was shortlisted (faremisodeeq) but I have not received any mail could you please do something about it
Faremisodeeq@gmail.com
Check your spam folder. The mail was sent to you.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 5:18pm On Jan 12, 2017
Osram, faremisodeeq

I have resent it both to you.
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by xfire: 5:19pm On Jan 12, 2017
osram:
sorry for posting late sir,I had alot of lectures to contend with today
We don't need to see your inbox. Open the mail and screenshot. Screenshot the issue.

1 Like

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by osram(m): 5:29pm On Jan 12, 2017
xfire:

We don't need to see your inbox. Open the mail and screenshot. Screenshot the issue.

Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by osram(m): 5:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
xfire:

av jst opened d new mail u send nd av seen d link..tnk u sir#testmode activated
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Faremisodeeq(m): 5:45pm On Jan 12, 2017
xfire:
Osram, faremisodeeq

I have resent it both to you.
I have checked again (including my spam) I didn't see anything. Maybe u should send it to
Faremisodeeq@yahoo.com
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by osram(m): 6:34pm On Jan 12, 2017
wow.....just finished taking d online test.....its was rili cool,I hope DT of Saturday wud be cooler
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by osram(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
Faremisodeeq:
I have checked again (including my spam) I didn't see anything. Maybe u should send it to
Faremisodeeq@yahoo.com
if u r using gmail click on inbox u wud see 'boxbe' click on it u wud c d mail on it
Re: Cash Prizes Sent To Winners Of The Xfire Nairaland Undergraduate Scholarship by Faremisodeeq(m): 6:44pm On Jan 12, 2017
osram:
if u r using gmail click on inbox u wud see 'boxbe' click on it u wud c d mail on it
hav don dat and I couldn't see anything like boxbe. Maybe u should try resending to my yahoo account. (Faremisodeeq@yahoo.com)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (33) (Reply)

I Regretted Going To University / Olagunju Funke Iyabo LAUTECH Professor Making Waves In Africa [photos] / See What This GUY Said About UNILAG Student With First Class

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.