Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,187 members, 7,835,942 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 05:52 PM

Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? (1207 Views)

S**xy Linda Osifo Replies Follower Who Condemned Her Dressing (photos) / 'Rape & Beg': UnilagOlodo Who Was Accused Of Rape Takes Legal Action (Photos) / 10 Ignorant Mindset Of Some Ladies Towards Marriage. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Thepasserby(m): 2:55am On Jan 11, 2017
CAUSES OF RAPE: His Mindset or Her dressing

Our national dailies are flooded by unpalatable occurrences of rape and sexual assault inflicted upon man by man. For quite sometimes now, rape and sexual harassment have taken over the major scenes in our media houses.

Rape is an act of forcing somebody into sexual relationship without the person’s approval. It is also an act of deriving sexual pleasures against the person’s will. Based on this definition, both gender can be raped but for the sake of this write up, we shall focus on females being raped by males.

The cause of rape in our society today has been attributed to the nudity in the dress sense of our ladies. It is unequivocally clear that our ladies dress to look or feel sexy but is that enough reason to be raped? I don’t think so.
We now live a sexually perverted generation where everything is all about sex. Permit me to say that a day is incomplete without coming across something that has to do with sex in our generation today. We find sex in books, games, television, songs, the internet and even on adverts. Sometimes I wonder what is the correlation between a toothbrush advert and a lady in bikini; do they rhyme at all?

Our parents lived with half naked ladies who moved around with 90% of their body exposed and yet we hardly heard of anything called rape. It was even an offence punishable by death.

So what's the cause of rape? His mindset of course.

copied from www.palmchatnow.com
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 3:56am On Jan 11, 2017
His Mindset most likely.smiley

2 Likes

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 4:01am On Jan 11, 2017
Both undecided
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Medunah: 4:27am On Jan 11, 2017
We have seen cases where girls who are covered up have bin raped........

Yes, so its definitely his mindset

I totally agree with you

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by LordIsaac(m): 4:28am On Jan 11, 2017
Twisted families producing twisted people for a twisted society. So, it's both!

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by natsuDragneel: 4:48am On Jan 11, 2017
Just think of it this way
The dude's mindset is Fire
And the girl's dressing is Petrol

The fire is there but a girl's dressing can fuel it sometimes
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by uboma(m): 4:54am On Jan 11, 2017
indecent dressing cannot be ruled out as one of the cause of rape.
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 5:00am On Jan 11, 2017
A full grown mentally sane adult male CAN NOT lay blame for his choice to invade another human's body on what that body was covered with

DO NOT victim blame

#saynotorapeculture.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 5:07am On Jan 11, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
A full grown mentally sane adult male CAN NOT lay blame his choice to invade another human body on what that body was covered with

DO NOT victim blame

#I'm with her cry

#saynotorapeculture.
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 5:11am On Jan 11, 2017
AngelSweetLips:

what u want ,Nubian? tongue
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Tajbol4splend(m): 5:14am On Jan 11, 2017
High libido and provocative dressing, so na both
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 5:22am On Jan 11, 2017
DeepFriedPuff:
what u want ,Angel tongue

I was co-signing your post smiley

#saynotorapeculture

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by ikes9(m): 10:15am On Jan 11, 2017
His mindset.. even if a gal decides to come out naked in public..that doesn't give any man the right to molest or rape her...So its the mindset

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Cornerstone2020(m): 11:07am On Jan 11, 2017
Ask Angelsweetlips and Estherfarbian
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Cornerstone2020(m): 11:14am On Jan 11, 2017
Medunah:
We have seen cases where girls who are covered up have bin raped........

Yes, so its definitely his mindset

I totally agree with you

I don't encourage rape but I don't agree with your assertion what if the victims have been exposing their bodies before rape occurred. Or do you think rapist don't take time to plan how to carry out their nefarious acts.
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Aregs(m): 11:36am On Jan 11, 2017
ikes9:
His mindset.. even if a gal decides to come out naked in public..that doesn't give any man the right to molest or rape her...So its the mindset
you have said it all
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 11:49am On Jan 11, 2017
Dressing
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by sirusX(m): 12:03pm On Jan 11, 2017
Let's not even go to the ones that lure children and rape them cz they seem too small to help themselves...talkless of babies left in their care.

It's a mindset thing...cz no matter how them twerk nyash or shake boorbi in your face, what can possess a man to take a woman without consent?

Although the ladies could escalate perversion with too much exposure, but people should have a way to deal with things.

As they say; olosho full ground, or go get yourself a saré wa...and for the religious view, flee temptation and cast away all thought

1 Like

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 12:14pm On Jan 11, 2017
Both.
smiley smiley

Subscribing to the popular aphorism that "The way you dress depicts the way you will be addressed."

However, mindset is mostly at fault most times because it is sheer insanity to molest or rape a girl just because of her dressing.

Going by the Nigerian Law, it is very ambiguous to bring the perpetrator of the obnoxious act called rape to book because of the steps involved and that is why "prevention is better than cure"

#saynotorape

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Jan 11, 2017
Its actually his mindset most times, some girls dress decent but still get raped anyway. Its hypothetical to say its the girl's dressing.
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by Azeequeen(f): 3:38pm On Jan 11, 2017
Mindset but dressing also triggers it But then,I don't think there is any justifiable reason for rape
Re: Causes Of Rape; Her Dressing Or His Mindset? by chigoizie7(m): 7:48pm On Jan 11, 2017
The guys mindset

(1) (Reply)

. / Unmarried Single Ladies Often Sleep With Married Men But....... / How To Make A Woman Love You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.