Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,747 members, 7,820,579 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:30 PM

Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad (44969 Views)

Lady Empties The House After Husband Sent Her Packing (Photos) / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / "My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by fergieboy: 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
Fake stories

No father can do this to his son

Except uncles and other relative

One thing I will always advice people living outside that want to build house

Save your money yourself .. As in wella

Then come house and build your house yourself

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by dingbang(m): 11:12pm On Jan 11, 2017
Don't involve family in matters like this

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by bigybanty10(m): 11:22pm On Jan 11, 2017
Abiagirl777:
he's a very foolishman,your own son ?ppl do ridiculous things and when he cuts them off now preachers will preach forgiveness.
Its a bitter thing to do,my gf in the uni lost her sponsorship in our 2nd yr coutsey of her uncle.her father used the money her uncle was sending for a project to complete his own house and squander the rest.the uncle came back,no land,no house ,no money,nothing.he withdrew his help and travelled back and from that moment she suffered to finish school.

Onye IGBO
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by okowande(f): 11:36pm On Jan 11, 2017
When my folks will be using their own money ahead to build for us. Some mothers (fathers) do have em!
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by raphy(m): 11:46pm On Jan 11, 2017
Mama and papa just waste ther wake keep money..if I was the guy..
I will just live the current house for a very long time ..but I Wont do any bad thing I wil let them refund bck money befor I comeback home again...the recession is too much.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nyceguy92: 11:49pm On Jan 11, 2017
Some stories are so nakedly ununbelievable you can see the falsehood in them.

Must one post a thread?
Read others if the idea is not there, please!

What is the probability that a man squanders money
his son sent him to build a house? Almost zero.

And to think that some people, by their responses, believe this April Fool gimmicks beats me!

Some Nairalanders do not digest a post before commenting; they are only interested in just saying something or to be the first to comment as if it is an achievement.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by nkemdi89(f): 11:50pm On Jan 11, 2017
He was even lucky he discovered early, my friends father was shipping cars for years to his brothers, even the houses at aba he sent money for was built and sold by same brothers while the wife was aware but she couldn't fight them. The wife even died of fibriod the brothers couldn't give her the husband's money for operation. The man was later incarcerated and finally deported, only to meet nothing on ground, he had to start from the scratch trying to train the only child which the wife produced. To even remarry no money, now the only child in her early twenties is affected by that same fibriod and the father can't even raise fund for her surgery.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nyceguy92: 11:53pm On Jan 11, 2017
raumdeuter:
Most likely a fake story and a product of the twitter users imagination just to get attention

Indeed.
I am surprised that most readers here believe this story.
Even mad people don't hurt their own.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by macaranta(m): 12:07am On Jan 12, 2017
Who asked her?
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Catastrophe1: 12:19am On Jan 12, 2017
Cases like this are spiritual. enemies of progress don do the Papa
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by mcgaius: 12:20am On Jan 12, 2017
This is why you should Start and finish your dream home with just 40% of the construction cost with us.

You can achieve your dream home/building by enrolling in our advance building plan

In flyrate Excellence Limited, we have a building structure tagged flyrate Advanced building plan (FABP)- This is a development by our company for prospective clients in the society,who are either too busy,in diaspora,having trust issues with relatives and/or friends,those unable to manage finances for building projects.

Here are the benefits of FABP:

*The opportunity to own your dream home
*Your Choice design
*Bank guarantee for every deposit in escrow
*Pay only agreed cost of construction
* Spread construction cost
*We will make up the remaining balance to build if you have upto 40% of construction cost
*Sit back, relax and see your dream home come to reality
* Build within an agreed time frame
* Get the best of quality in construction

Contact us At 120/ 12 Bosun Adekoya Street Off Oniru Market Road,Lekki
Phone:01 453 6047,07053307979

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by equalgarden(m): 12:27am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
Most likely a fake story and a product of the twitter users imagination just to get attention
.... ogbeni ! Say what you know OK, this same happened to my friends.it does happen always

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Memejem: 12:33am On Jan 12, 2017
It's people like you that we are all running from. From what you wrote here, it seems you would behave just like the father in this story. Perhaps you're capable of worse.

soberdrunk:
The father simply "ate the fruit of his labour" "Ounje omo" ni, the son should be a man and move on!! angry angry

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by sunshineV(f): 12:54am On Jan 12, 2017
So, u use money way ur pikin send u build haux do MMM. issorite

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by linearity: 1:15am On Jan 12, 2017
Abiagirl777:
he's a very foolishman,your own son ?ppl do ridiculous things and when he cuts them off now preachers will preach forgiveness.
Its a bitter thing to do,my gf in the uni lost her sponsorship in our 2nd yr coutsey of her uncle.her father used the money her uncle was sending for a project to complete his own house and squander the rest.the uncle came back,no land,no house ,no money,nothing.he withdrew his help and travelled back and from that moment she suffered to finish school.

But why did you state that, it was "...courtesy of her uncle"?

It is more like, "...courtesy of her own dad"
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nobody: 1:18am On Jan 12, 2017
Someone please post the video.

I don't perambulate around unknown blogs.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nobody: 1:21am On Jan 12, 2017
fergieboy:
Fake stories

No father can do this to his son

Except uncles and other relative

One thing I will always advice people living outside that want to build house

Save your money yourself .. As in wella

Then come house home and build your house yourself

That's what I'm doing and it's going slowly but surely.

I've also been accused by certain cretins that I lay a block a year grin

But hey I have no stories that touch the heart to tell smiley

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Winzzyboi(m): 1:54am On Jan 12, 2017
undecided

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by juman(m): 2:03am On Jan 12, 2017
Many similar stories like that.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by brownhawk: 2:07am On Jan 12, 2017
FlirtyKaren:
Earlier on today, a video of a man cursing out family members who squander monies sent home by relations living abroad for projects trended. You also need to read this story shared by Munira about a Nigerian man who's living that reality right now.

This guy's father squandered the money his son sent from abroad for a house and had the guts to send him fake pictures while he was away. Not until the young man returned and met the shock of his life. Quite depressing.

http://www.lailasblog.com/2017/01/depressing-story-of-nigerian-dad-who.html
i hate associating with broke asses, they are very infectious
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by metallisc(m): 2:08am On Jan 12, 2017
Nyceguy92:
Some stories are so nakedly ununbelievable you can see the falsehood in them.

Must one post a thread?
Read others if the idea is not there, please!

What is the probability that a man squanders money
his son sent him to build a house? Almost zero.

And to think that some people, by their responses, believe this April Fool gimmicks beats me!

Some Nairalanders do not digest a post before commenting; they are only interested in just saying something or to be the first to comment as if it is an achievement.

stop sounding stupid even though you think you are making sense. this same scenario has happened right before my eyes in the estate where i live, the guy in question doesn't talk to/interact with anybody in his family anymore! because you haven't seen/experienced something doesn't mean it is not in existence.. the world is bigger than your backyard!

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by adontcare(f): 3:28am On Jan 12, 2017
Sad. Dats how a man's parent dupe him almost every 2 weeks to get money. They take turn to fall sick and connived with a doctor in d village to help get money from their son. Just absurd
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by davidif: 3:31am On Jan 12, 2017
Abiagirl777:

shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by ManOfThePeople(m): 4:06am On Jan 12, 2017
nkemdi89:
He was even lucky he discovered early, my friends father was shipping cars for years to his brothers, even the houses at aba he sent money for was built and sold by same brothers while the wife was aware but she couldn't fight them. The wife even died of fibriod the brothers couldn't give her the husband's money for operation. The man was later incarcerated and finally deported, only to meet nothing on ground, he had to start from the scratch trying to train the only child which the wife produced. To even remarry no money, now the only child in her early twenties is affected by that same fibriod and the father can't even raise fund for her surgery.

Na wa o. Pathetic story.

But very common many years back.

Maybe better communication technology will reduce it now.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Afam4eva(m): 4:47am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
That doesn't mean stuff like this doesn't happen.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by litetias(m): 5:01am On Jan 12, 2017
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Miles300: 5:02am On Jan 12, 2017
Can u keep a goat and a yam in a room ?
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by TheMascot(m): 5:14am On Jan 12, 2017
soberdrunk:
The father simply "ate the fruit of his labour" "Ounje omo" ni, the son should be a man and move on!! angry angry
f00L
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by blekko101(m): 5:35am On Jan 12, 2017
those of you calling this a cooked story, if you live in a city were folks migrate heavily abroad, you won't be saying this. this kind of story was a common trend in my city in late 90s and early 2000. but now, folks abroad return home for a couple of weeks, supervise their project and return when they are done. this kind of stories now happen once a while.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Adonis7: 5:50am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
Person wey get sense

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures / My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / I Saw This Snake Crawl Out Of My Generator's Corridor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.