Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,528 members, 7,819,904 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:04 AM

Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad (44967 Views)

Lady Empties The House After Husband Sent Her Packing (Photos) / My Wife Sent Her Nude Photos To Zenith Bank Manager In Delta - Man Cries Out / "My daughter can speak 3 international languages" Nigerian Dad praise daughter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nobody: 5:51am On Jan 12, 2017
NCAN standing by.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Chiefobdk1: 5:52am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
Most likely a fake story and a product of the twitter users imagination just to get attention

It happens. . I ve seen a woman who was invited to Europe for her daughter's omugwo. She refused to go back to nigeria. She left d daughters place to go live with oyibo she met thr.

My cousin used the money his elder brother living in Germany sent him to build duplex to build a small Bungalow
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by jo997: 5:54am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:
Most likely a fake story and a product of the twitter users imagination just to get attention

Such cases in reality abound bros, just pray you don't have such dubious and stagnant relations (ask why l call them stagnant). because if do you might even do d worst when you realize that all you are working for is being wasted apparently for nothing.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by godquality: 6:06am On Jan 12, 2017
This guy was even lucky. I had a friend who had the exact same experience. The biggest problem was that he doesn't have a legal stay in the country and when he was caught and asked to leave, he didn't resist because he thought his dad has built both the house and saved the rest of the money he has been sending home.

But to his dismay, there was nothing waiting for me. The only saving grace was that the last bus he sent had not been sold when he came back home. He had to become a bus driver just too survived.

After struggling for closed to 3 years and receiving insults from family, friends and even neighbours, he managed to travel out again to the same country. Now he has disown his own family. All because of money. Mentioning Nigeria in front of him could even lead to fight now.

5 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by enomakos(m): 6:15am On Jan 12, 2017
curvilicious:
You come to Benin and see it happening everywhere and everyday
are you sure? It rara happened
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by enomakos(m): 6:15am On Jan 12, 2017
curvilicious:
You come to Benin and see it happening everywhere and everyday
are you sure? It rare happened
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by ola20ng(m): 6:55am On Jan 12, 2017
You have to believe this story .People living abroad should be careful.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nobody: 7:03am On Jan 12, 2017
uzolexis:
When I hear stories like this, I thank God everyday and i'm very grateful for the people I call family.
We may not be rich but we are very honest and trustworthy, I'm grateful for the people I call Parents who inculcated diligence and honesty in myself and my siblings and also lead us by being god examples.
I love you Mom and Dad, God bless you for us.
Can I trust you people with my abroad money?
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by zheroes(m): 7:14am On Jan 12, 2017
My take on this is simple- if afamily member: brother sister father or mother squanders my money , I will take it in good fate!!!! No noise making , its my blood!!! I will also take it that I haven't been doing enough otherwise that shouldn't happen, on the other hand there are people who aren't good with money, so if after helping family members and this still happens, there will be no noise just that such projects will be handled by outsiders and the regular feeding money will be sent. How can I come to a social media to say my dad ate my money? The guy needs to grow up in my opinion!!!! Money isn't everything!! What if in the course of the building it collapses, will he die?

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by complexstuffs(m): 7:26am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

Exactly, Are people telling me they cant decode a made up story?

Story is somehow
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Sprumbaba: 7:45am On Jan 12, 2017
ayodele234:
My friend in the United States is with my $8,000 I wanted to use to purchase a car for over 3 years now so it is both ways

Your friend is a thief. Let us track him down. We can report him.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by lozanni(m): 7:45am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

No, its very true oh. Maybe you have not experienced it.
A relative suffered the same fate at the hands of his step-brothers who squandered the huge funds sent from the US for a mansion to be built for him at the Villa.
Though the above mansion was finally completed, it was achieved at almost twice the cost it should have taken to do so.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by fuckingAyaya(m): 8:14am On Jan 12, 2017
take this

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Resilient2000: 8:15am On Jan 12, 2017
HMMMMM. NAKWA ECHEK[font=Lucida Sans Unicode][/font][color=#990000][/color]
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by ericmor: 9:04am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

You don't know nothing yet. My friend father did the same thing to him. The man use the guy money to do politics and enjoy life with friends. There was no house even land self and also the money he sent that the man should be saving for him as no account. Thank God for one of our friend that he gave some money to while he was still in abroad, it was the money that he collected and used to help himself. You need to know who you are dealing with

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by ericmor: 9:12am On Jan 12, 2017
enomakos:

Sure, it is very common in bening cus my Benin people use to tell me stories of families that makes me winder

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Origin(f): 9:12am On Jan 12, 2017
Family matters.

We pray for their quick reconciliation.

When they stop believing in their mothers. Your mama go add her money join, borrow join make the house fit complete. (99% true)
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by DrogoG(m): 9:23am On Jan 12, 2017
raumdeuter:

Some Nigerians and their ignorant mentality.
That you're skeptic of the story doesn't mean it's false. The story is plausible because it happens all the time.

I know a friend in Germany who was sending cars home in the 90s for his family to sell them and deposit the money in his bank account for him. He sent more than 25 exotic cars.

When the guy was deported from Germany, he thought his wealth was waiting for him at home. But to his greatest shock, he realized that his family sold those cars (including the one he planned to use) and squandered the money!

The guy denounced his family, left to another State as broke as hell and never returned home. In fact, it was my State, Abia, he came to and we met for the first time when he came to me begging for accommodation and job.

When I first set my eyes, on him, I knew immediately he didn't base in Nigeria because he wore expensive foreign stuff. And for the fact he applied to be a waiter in exchange for food and accommodation, I knew something wasn't right.

It was during the job inteview that he opened up to me and narrated his ordeal. I didn't employ him because I knew he won't stand my manager's bossy attitude but I gave him a room to stay free charge and took him out everyday to dine with me. And that was how our friendship developed.

After a year he left to Lagos to meet his friend for financial assistance and we lost contact (GSM didn't exist that time).

After living in the Netherlands for 7 years, I received a call from Nigeria and it was him! Yes, it was him! He told me he moved back to Germany after raising cash for his visa and ticket from his friend in Lagos. So he just visited home now to commence building his house so he decided to locate me first before doing anything else. He was told I was in Europe so he got my number from my manager.

I later found out that he actually wanted to sponsor my visa to Germany as a payback for all the help I rendered to him. That was amazing!

Fast forward to today. We visit each other regularly here in Europe. And we're all married up with kids and closer today than before. He still wants me to dump Netherlands for Germany.

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by alaskido(m): 11:56am On Jan 12, 2017
I do not trust myself with money not to talk of trusting another person, even if he or she is my father or wife. They guy had so much trust on his father and the dumb fucker disappointed him.
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Pennywise(m): 12:43pm On Jan 12, 2017
Sounds like my father in law
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by curvilicious: 2:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
enomakos:

Ahhhh if u a Benin person then u r pretending
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by curvilicious: 2:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
DrogoG:

Some Nigerians and their ignorant mentality.
That you're skeptic of the story doesn't mean it's false. The story is plausible because it happens all the time.

I know a friend in Germany who was sending cars home in the 90s for his family to sell them and deposit the money in his bank account for him. He sent more than 25 exotic cars.

When the guy was deported from Germany, he thought his wealth was waiting for him at home. But to his greatest shock, he realized that his family sold those cars (including the one he planned to use) and squandered money!

The guy denounced his family, left to another State broke as hell and never returned home. In fact, it was my State, Abia, he came to and we met for the first time when he came to me begging for accommodation and job.

When I first set my eyes, on him, I knew immediately he didn't base in Nigeria because wore foreign expensive stuff. And for the fact he applied to be a waiter in exchange for food and accommodation, I knew something wasn't right.

It was during the job inteview that he opened up to me and narrated his ordeal. I didn't employ him because I knew he won't stand my manager's bossy attitude but I gave him a room to stay free charge and took him out everyday to dine with me. And that was how our friendship developed.

After a year he left to Lagos to meet his friend for financial assistance and we lost contact (GSM didn't exist that time).

After living in the Netherlands for 7 years, I received a call from Nigeria and it was him! Yes, it was him! He told me he moved back to Germany after raising cash for his visa and ticket from his friend in Lagos. So he just visited home now to commence building his house so he decided to locate me first before doing anything else. He was told I was in Europe so he got my number from my manager.

I later found out that he actually wanted to sponsor my visa to Germany as a pay back for all the help rendered to him. That was amazing!

Fast forward to today. We visit each other regularly here in Europe. And we're all married up with kids and closer today than before. He still wants me to dump Netherlands for Germany.

Beautiful
Ur heart is kind
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by DrogoG(m): 8:48pm On Jan 12, 2017
curvilicious:

Beautiful
Ur heart is kind

Thanks!
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by Nyceguy92: 12:16am On Jan 13, 2017
metallisc:

stop sounding stupid even though you think you are making sense. this same scenario has happened right before my eyes in the estate where i live, the guy in question doesn't talk to/interact with anybody in his family anymore! because you haven't seen/experienced something doesn't mean it is not in existence.. the world is bigger than your backyard!

Now you are cooking up another story just to support yourself!
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by enomakos(m): 8:07pm On Jan 14, 2017
curvilicious:

Ahhhh if u a Benin person then u r pretending
i am not pretending dear,i am yet to hear of sure case
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by enomakos(m): 8:09pm On Jan 14, 2017
ericmor:

Sure, it is very common in bening cus my Benin people use to tell me stories of families that makes me winder
chai i did't know o cos i am yet to hear of sure case
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by curvilicious: 9:39am On Jan 15, 2017
enomakos:
i am not pretending dear,i am yet to hear of sure case

I have seen
D guy brot money for a house twice d amount till date d house is still a work in progress(i saw this first hand)
An inlaw of mine brother suvs for sale his brothers shared them for personal use
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by curvilicious: 9:43am On Jan 15, 2017
complexstuffs:

Made up dumb story by a dumb girl.

Ok even if its a made up story it happens in reality now
Hummm u & d Op get beef? angry
Re: Nigerian Dad Squandered Money Son Sent From Abroad by enomakos(m): 11:55am On Jan 15, 2017
curvilicious:

I have seen
D guy brot money for a house twice d amount till date d house is still a work in progress(i saw this first hand)
An inlaw of mine brother suvs for sale his brothers shared them for personal use
that very bad
i can't do that even to a cousin talk of my own brother or sister

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Man Takes His Grandmother Out For A Christmas Date - Pictures / My 29-Year-Old Son Still Wants Me To Be Feeding Him After Graduating / My Wife's Sudden Change After Childbirth is driving me nuts!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.