Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,552 members, 7,816,339 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 AM

EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account (16126 Views)

Investigate How Ekweremadu Acquired 32 Choice Properties" - Umezulike / EFCC Finds $86m Paris Club Refund In Ngf’s Account / EFCC Arraigns Innocent Azubike Umezulike For False Declaration Of Assets (Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by showgolee(m): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

If a judge have #1 billion in his account so what?
You think that everybody is Buhari that didn't go to school and cannot invest to make more money?
Your President's wife is wearing wrist watch of #24mil how much do you think she will have in her account b4 she leaves office?.

Only a fool will see #1bill in a judge's account and start shouting corruption. My uncle is a lawyer in Abia state and he is also into real estate etc. As i speak now, he has estates in London where he was brought up, one of his property in Dubai is valued at #2.3bil. The guy knows how to invest and he inspired me a lot.
I am sure, if he becomes a judge tomorrow you will shout corruption by the time you see his account balance.
MAGU!!! YOUR ATTENTION IS HIGHLY NEEDED HERE
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Dc4life(m): 10:04am On Jan 12, 2017

They say judiciary is the last hope of the common man but i bet the judiciary are part of the corrupt rotten system. No hope in the system except Nigerians rise up enmass and say no more shall we be taken for a ride for so long, too long.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by chekas111: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2017
And so what, oga I have being living abroad for some years now, and I can't believe how much I was able to save in my Nigerian account which I do not even have BVN till today. Oga will EFCC arrest me tomorrow and tag me a thief? Because I have properties in Nigeria also so what is the hec with Nigerian government.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Ijaya123: 10:04am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

You think that everybody is Buhari that didn't go to school and cannot invest to make more money?
Your President's wife is wearing wrist watch of #24mil how much do you think she will have in her account b4 she leaves office?.

Only a fool will see #1bill in a judge's account and start shouting corruption. My uncle is a lawyer in Abia state and he is also into real estate etc. As i speak now, he has estates in London where he was brought up, one of his property in Dubai is valued at #2.3bil. The guy knows how to invest and he inspired me a lot.
I am sure, if he becomes a judge tomorrow you will shout corruption by the time you see his account balance.

Go back and read the story again to know the source of the funds.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jamela(f): 10:05am On Jan 12, 2017
I want to see convictions, all these court cases lasting for years, there is God o.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by lastpage: 10:05am On Jan 12, 2017
ChappyChase:

Abeg you help find where all these money wey EFCC dey cease dey enter(that's if they are not lyin) Abi bubu go just dump the money for him wife and aids cause me no dey see the impact o...

Stop thinking like an Ipod Yoot!

The money remains FROZEN in the said Account, in the banks Books!
The Cash is not physically removed by EFCC (except where Cash is found in the accused person's house, in which case, it is moved into a designated EFCC bank Account).
The money ALWAYS remain in a bank account.

Lastpage!

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by rusher14: 10:06am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

Your uncle is a lawyer not a public servant like the judge who's on a fixed income and forbidden from carrying out a raft of business dealings.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Olukat(m): 10:06am On Jan 12, 2017
EFCC should learn how to investigate before coming to the public sad sad sad sad sad
A friend of mine lost his fathers property to Abacha's tyranny and madness
He approached the court after Abacha's demise and got his property back and sold for about a billion
The EFCC ran to the media, later found the true situation.
Judge is not a spirit, pls invite him and ask questions before the media court.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Allee90: 10:08am On Jan 12, 2017
I am not surprised because he is Igbo
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jumpandpas(m): 10:09am On Jan 12, 2017
rusher14:

Your uncle is a lawyer not a public servant like the judge who's on a fixed income and forbidden from carrying out a raft of business dealings.

RUBBISH.
Did he become a judge without been a lawyer?.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by rusher14: 10:11am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

RUBBISH.
Did he become a judge without been a lawyer?.
That's why you fill out a CCB form of your assets prior to ascending the bench.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jumpandpas(m): 10:11am On Jan 12, 2017
Ijaya123:

Go back and read the story again to know the source of the funds.
You mean the source of Aishawo's fund for #24mil wrist watch?
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jumpandpas(m): 10:16am On Jan 12, 2017
rusher14:

That's why you fill out a CCB form of your assets prior to ascending the bench.

Which form?
Even your corruption fighting president is yet to declare his assets.
He only told you this; "I have a plot of land in PH, but I don't know the location".

JUST IMAGINE.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by symbianDON(m): 10:17am On Jan 12, 2017
what I find most amusing is that the man is name Innocent grin

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by voicelez: 10:17am On Jan 12, 2017
soon

duduade:
Almost a Billion naira ni yen....

God when will I have such in my account
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jumpandpas(m): 10:19am On Jan 12, 2017
showgolee:
MAGU!!! YOUR ATTENTION IS HIGHLY NEEDED HERE
Lols Which Magu, the one living in a #20mil apartment?
Hahahahaha..... Laughing in spiritual powers
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by rusher14: 10:21am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

Which form?
Even your corruption fighting president is yet to declare his assets.
He only told you this; "I have a plot of land in PH, but I don't know the location".

JUST IMAGINE.

The point is the judge has been said to contravene his contract of office.

You can offer your brilliant legal services (pro bono if you like) whilst the matter is in court, citing in his defence, the fact that higher public officials have also refused to declare their assets (publicly?)

1 Like

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by abescom: 10:23am On Jan 12, 2017
llade:
Hooe d efcc is not insinuating dat as a civil servant one shud only earn salary and allowances til retirement. D constitution allows farming and investment, so estimating d true worth of a civil servant only by his salary and allowances is myopic. In clear cases where assets were acquired thru ill gotten wealth, d law of d land shud be wielded on such erring civil servant.
He should then explain where all the money he has been spending that made him not to touch his salary is coming from.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Nobody: 10:23am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

From the article

NJC said it recommended Umezulike to Governor Justice Lawrence Ugwuanyi of Enugu State for compulsory retirement for “delivering judgment in a case 126 days after final addresses were adopted by parties, and for other instances of abuse of office”.

He has since been retired.

The council also found Justice Umezulike guilty of allegedly “receiving a donation of N10m from a businessman, Prince Arthur Eze, during his book launch while two cases in which Eze was said to have had “vested interest”, were in the judge’s court.”

There appears to be more trouble for Justice Umezulike, going by the preliminary investigation of EFCC detectives.

A highly-placed source, said: “From the probe of the salary account of the judge with the main branch of First Bank Plc in Enugu, our team discovered that he was operating it without a BVN as at June 2016.

“Further verification showed that he was earning N701, 726. 28 per month but he did not make any single withdrawal for 11 months.

“When we analysed an account linked to the judge, the turnover was about N396, 544.034.73 with a closing balance of N632.223.47 as at 15th of June 2016.”

Responding to a question, the source said: “We were able to identify how lodgments were made into the account linked to Justice Umezulike.

“The depositors included Justice Umezulike, legal practitioners, businessmen, politicians and litigants. The judge invested most of the cash in Treasury Bills.”

As at press time, there were indications that some assets identified with the judge might be seized by the EFCC, pending the conclusion of its investigation – in line with sections 28 and 34 of the EFCC (Establishment Act) 2004 and Section 13(1) of the Federal High Court Act, 2004.

In other words, he was collecting money from people who HAD CASES IN HIS COURT AT THE TIME!

That is not proper behaviour....and makes it easy for the losing side in those cases to make a claim that there was corrupt dealings in the case.

There is nothing wrong with a judge making money.....the thing is he should not be collecting money from people who have cases before him to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by abescom: 10:25am On Jan 12, 2017
Hollysaint:
who is releasing this news to the public?how are we sure that this was not released to manipulate public opinion to favour the govt?why not charge justice umezurike to court if he has breached the law? why the character assasination? is the security agencies now working to to bring praise to apc govt instead of doing their job? is this aimed to distract us from recession?
You guys have refused to think one bit. Does it hurt so much?

Journalist will always get news, it is their job and their livelihood depends on it.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jumpandpas(m): 10:25am On Jan 12, 2017
rusher14:

The point is the judge has been said to contravene his contract of office.

You can offer your brilliant legal services (pro bono if you like) whilst the matter is in court, citing in his defence, the fact that higher public officials have also refused to declare their assets (publicly?)

Deception is not my forte.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Claumy2(m): 10:32am On Jan 12, 2017
I know that EFCC are lying but let them continue. It is part of the job they are commissioned to do by Buhari
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Nobody: 10:33am On Jan 12, 2017
ChappyChase:

Abeg you help find where all these money wey EFCC dey cease dey enter(that's if they are not lyin) Abi bubu go just dump the money for him wife and aids aides cause me no dey see the impact o...
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by lastpage: 10:38am On Jan 12, 2017
jamela:
I want to see convictions, all these court cases lasting for years, there is God o.

Hmmm... in this our very "corrupt system"?

Where A criminal is arrested by a corrupt Policeman (who then takes bribe and assists the criminal to write his statement!) and then brought before a Corrupt Judge, by a Corrupt Lawyer who would have taken money and promised to help the accused "settle the Judge" so the case can be frustrated?

Sometimes, we all wish Buhari can be the "Policeman, the Lawyer and the Judge" in the same person but DEMOCRACY is not like that!

In a "corrupt democracy", it takes a very long time to get a single conviction.
The President has no "direct control' over what a Judge does to an accuse, in his court.
Just use a 3rd party to pay millions inot all these criminal Judges account and they will keep adjourning the case for the next ten years while we the citizens shout "When is he going to jail? Buhari has phuckup"!

I feel you Sister!

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by jumpandpas(m): 10:43am On Jan 12, 2017
9jakohai:

From the article

In other words, he was collecting money from people who HAD CASES IN HIS COURT AT THE TIME!

That is not proper behaviour....and makes it easy for the losing side in those cases to make a claim that there was corrupt dealings in the case.

There is nothing wrong with a judge making money.....the thing is he should not be collecting money from people who have cases before him to avoid the appearance of impropriety.

My brother Nigeria is built on corruption. Buhari is corrupt, let him declare his Assets, let him obey court orders.
Buhari is Nigerian leader, and a leader's SIN, is a leading SIN.
Buhari is the one leading corruption in today's Nigeria.
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by kingdompropty: 10:43am On Jan 12, 2017
You will hardly find one judge that is not corrupt.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Nobody: 10:44am On Jan 12, 2017
llade:
Hooe d efcc is not insinuating dat as a civil servant one shud only earn salary and allowances til retirement. D constitution allows farming and investment, so estimating d true worth of a civil servant only by his salary and allowances is myopic. In clear cases where assets were acquired thru ill gotten wealth, d law of d land shud be wielded on such erring civil servant.
show me any proof to show he is into farming or any sort of investment

1 Like

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Darayola(m): 10:44am On Jan 12, 2017

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=od8oH8BygJA

Available for rent.
2 two bedroom flat
1 room and a parlour self contain

Location is Victory Estate, GSM bus stop, Adamo,Ikorodu Lagos.

Call/WhatsApp Yola@ 08035267070
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Nobody: 10:46am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

My brother Nigeria is built on corruption. Buhari is corrupt, let him declare his Assets, let him obey court orders.
Buhari is Nigerian leader, and a leader's SIN, is a leading SIN.
Buhari is the one leading corruption in today's Nigeria.

If the judge, the last hope of the common man is corrupt.....then where will we be?

A judge occupies a very important place in our society. If he or she is compromised by corruption, poor people will suffer.

Maybe when you suffer because a judge collected bribe to rule against you, you will understand.

Don't justify wrongdoing please.

And don't bring Buhari or GEJ or ''corrupt politicians'' into this. This has nothing to do with them

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by shammah1(m): 10:48am On Jan 12, 2017
As usual. 2019 is around the corner. No single conviction. Just mere propaganda and internet rants
temitemi1:
i smell propaganda undecided
Re: EFCC Finds N632.2m In Azubuike Umezulike’s Account by Nobody: 10:49am On Jan 12, 2017
jumpandpas:

Only a fool will see #1bill in a judge's account an start shouting corruption. My uncle is a lawyer in Abia state and he is also into real estate etc. As i speak now, he has estates in London where he was brought up, one of his property in Dubai is valued at #2.3bil. The guy knows how to invest and he inspired me a lot.
concerning Aisha's wrist watch, did u do d shopping for her? secondly, is there anything wrong in telling d Judge to explain d source of his wealth to Nigerians?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

James Onanefe Ibori Celebrates His 59th Birthday Today / "Osun Will Pay Salaries"- Gov. Aregbesola Assures / No Money Was Released For Renovation - Senate Speaks On Leaking Roof

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.