Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,381 members, 7,819,386 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 03:22 PM

Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? - Music/Radio (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? (7366 Views)

Mode9 Is Not The Dopest Rapper In Nigera. / M.i.'s Emancipation - Should Mode9 And Ruggedman Hang Their Boots? / Ruggedman Responds To Death Blow (the Mode9 Diss Song) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by boon(m): 2:31pm On Jul 05, 2007
THE WHOLE STUFF IS B***** SHIT. WHY DON'T HE FORGET ABOUT DISSING AND WIN THE CROWD? DON'T BRING SOMETHING LIKE THIS AGAIN FELLA OR,
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by skingo(m): 8:04pm On Jul 05, 2007
gbo gbo yin ti en so raow raow, eyin le mo,
ke sha ti mo kpe once u lose teeth. call it skingo. becos oti lo for efaaaa,
its naija
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by nana(f): 2:07pm On Jul 17, 2007
Oh my God! This thread is v.funny. Hmm, hilarious posts, Keep it coming guys, grin
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 4:02pm On Jul 17, 2007
Lol @ anyone saying that Mode9 or any other Naija Mc is seeing Rugged. As an MC, you first point of order is to rep where you hail from. Mode and Sauce kid rap like Americans and that to me is where they fail. As a British Nigerian, I know where to buy real American rappers' CDs from if that is what I want to listen to. When I when I buy a CD by a Nigerian Artist, I want them to rep Nigeria and tell stories about where they come from. That to me is why Rugged is the top guy. He may be lyrically inferior to Mode9 (just by a sliver) but I know who I would rather listen to.

PS, what Hip Hop song of the past couple of years is seeing 'Ruggedy Baba' in terms of quality, originality and sheer 'Naijaness'
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by alisigwe(m): 5:39pm On Jul 18, 2007
@afrocynic
i wanna halla at ya to correct ur impressions abt this topic,9 raps and relates his rap to what we go through,i aint his fan but i think u misunderstanding the whole thing,rugged is cool but he never talks sbt the things we africans can think abt,mode never copied anybody,he just kept it real when nobody wanted to imagine rap in naija,so when u purchase ruggeds cd cuz u wan listen to our own rap u did it cuz u never gave an ish abt the lyrics and the way the rap is placed,just understand that we aint gat rap as ours,even if its hard to imagine, rugged was never core as he claimed,he couldnt just do it and i gat mode9s unreleased cd,so brother think abt it cuz we know what we nijerians want,stop branding what aint real as real,i
i pray it enters
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 6:36pm On Jul 18, 2007
@alisigwe,

One question, what does 'keeping it real' mean to you?

Mode 9 sucks. Listen, I do not care how good an MC is, if you are not 'real' then you suck. Imagine a rapper claiming to rep Naija rapping like an American? how the hell does that sound? who wants to hear an American knock off when jay z, Nas and common etc are still around. He spits in pigeon and he does it well. I don't want a rapper to spit nonsense but because it's pigeon I'll buy the CD, no, it's possible to sound ill spitting in pigeon and I think Rugged man does that.

We want real rappers, not embarrassing wannabes who make us as a nation look bad, case in point Sauce Kid. The guy is the most embarrassing thing to happen Naija music since Idris Abdul Kareem.

Just keep it real and make sure your own people can understand and relate to you.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by alisigwe(m): 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2007
i never imagined ya goon come to take this shit off the main line,its not cool to say 9 sucks,that hating.rap is simply what ya think and how ya can do it,rap aint made 4 the average jigger even in the states,we simply trying to rap and dont give a Bleep when u say our rap is never gonn be felt ,its simply not truth cuz u never rapped in pidgin,every artist drops his own rap so as to prove his ponit,and mind u 9 aint claiming any yankee,his all ours,what ya know abt gino and all real jiggers keeping it real,9 rocks ,ama prove my point another day.think ma jigger
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by skingo(m): 11:03pm On Jul 18, 2007
omo mode nine and ruggedman dey rep naija rap, and thats what it is, whether u like pidgin or english, its what it is.
at the end of the day we know ruggedman and mode 9 as nigerian celebrities for their contribution to music?GET it!
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by alisigwe(m): 12:45pm On Jul 19, 2007
skingo , thats simply the point i am trying to prove,haters keep talking ish when they fell they ought to be reconized and hype sells more than real t,rugged came out with dissing those jiggers i dont want to mention,cuz he felt time was really running out,so take it 4rm me 9 reps africa not just naija.that dude is far more intelligent than rugged ,ya all never thought the head of the man mode9 was wearing on stylee video;the legendary zik of africa;thats some shit to think abt, the true meaning of hip hop,culture and the ability to recollect history.thats why he never replys to dissing by sauce,ghetto p and all those homies.reps to naija
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 3:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
Lol@ allisgwe. I can barely understand what you have written, please write in English not your own Naija version of American English.

If for you all In Nigeria you find mode9 to be a rapper of substance then that is good enough but I find it embarrassing personally that he raps the way he does. I love rugged cos through him I can introduce 'Naija' rap to my friends over here. Of course we are going to be influenced, inevitably, by Americans but we need to find our own angle of hip hop.

Why do you think 2face blew up the way he did? because he repped Naija to the fullest. African queen was and is still big in the UK cos we can say, 'yea, this is our own' That's why I dig Tuface.

I just can't get with all these pseudo American rappers but if Naija people dig it, then it's all good.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by skingo(m): 7:09pm On Jul 19, 2007
ok afrocynic u cant say it makes u more proud to introduce rugged to ur friends rather than mode9 bcoz of the language he chooses to rap. thats not an accurate statement and it makes everything else u are sayin hard to agree with!
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 10:12pm On Jul 19, 2007
Not the language @ skingo, The style.

I can say that because it is true! Listen, the style the guy employs is unique to us, so I am in essence introducing them to Nigerian hip hop that they can understand. I do not know why that is hard is to understand. Ruggeddy Baba is in my opinion the hip hop song of the year, because of the beats, the chorus and the essence of the song, which is 'keeping it real Naija'.

That is why I prefer rugged and any other 'Original' Naija hip hoppper.

Peace.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by alisigwe(m): 9:59am On Jul 20, 2007
@afrocynic
u simply making me to guess,u not following naija rap scene the way we follow it,claiming rugged's style is unique to u cuz u never cared abt the way he places his lyrics,what makes u purchase a rap cd,is it the lyrics or the style of the rapper?,i bet u never cared why thegame never reped50,its crazy when u say 9's style of rapping is embarrasing to u cuz that dude album was revieved by a american dj,u ever listened to cry?i aint give an ish where u reside but the uk aint gat one rapper they can be proud of,9 is just the best in naija,dont talk abt sth u never gave a serious thought abt,upcoming rappers look up to 9 and mind u,gino is out, buy the cd and tell me what ya think.1 luv
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 12:29pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ alisgwe,

Why don't you type in English? Hmmn? I could give two Fs about the UK rap scene but I can tell you for a fact that the kids doing it over here have there own style, completely!

If you love 9, that's on you. I am not feeling cos I think the dude is fugazi.

Peace
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by alisigwe(m): 12:59pm On Jul 20, 2007
afro,u sure u a rapper?dont claim superior to duggz who stays awake day and night just to show our to our peeps keeping it real,nine is known in the uk,so is rugged,tell me is any rapper over ever came to naija?dont exagerrate,say the real facts and dont be lousy?u get?i no wann talk plenty
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by skingo(m): 2:14pm On Jul 20, 2007
Ruggedy baba is a dope song, but if u pay close attn, 9ice was the one with the indegenous flow, ruggedman spke his english with a little nigerian accent here and there and a little pidgin therein,

but nevertheless, ruggedy baba is inspirational and yes it represents african/nigerian culture so i understand where u comin from. but at the same time is ruggedman did a rap album in english, it doesnt not make him a nigerian!, u get?
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 4:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ Skingo

What Language do you want him to rap in? Igbo? Come on man! English is our lingua franca and the only we can make it ours is to have our own twist on it, hence the pidgin style. Dude, I am just not feeling 9 or sauce kid or any of these American wannabes, simple.

Lol @ Alisigwe, yea 9 and Rugged are known over here but its not like people go out and buy their music, I do not care what UK rappers make in Nigeria, I do not rap, I am a consumer of the music and I wanna hear people who are like me and who rep where I am coming from If you can't understand that, there's no talking to you.

Peace.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by kaydee(m): 2:10am On Jul 21, 2007
AfroCynic:

@alisigwe,

One question, what does 'keeping it real' mean to you?

Mode 9 sucks. Listen, I do not care how good an MC is, if you are not 'real' then you suck. Imagine a rapper claiming to rep Naija rapping like an American? how the hell does that sound? who wants to hear an American knock off when jay z, Nas and common etc are still around. He spits in pigeon and he does it well. I don't want a rapper to spit nonsense but because it's pigeon I'll buy the CD, no, it's possible to sound ill spitting in pigeon and I think Rugged man does that.

We want real rappers, not embarrassing wannabes who make us as a nation look bad, case in point Sauce Kid. The guy is the most embarrassing thing to happen Naija music since Idris Abdul Kareem.

Just keep it real and make sure your own people can understand and relate to you.
angry angry angry
Low life mofo! What do u mean 9 sucks? Modenine ain't real coz he's too intelligent for U abi? sure U've not heard SauceKid's album? That guy reps 9ja. So U ain't reppin till U spit in pidgin? U're a typical M.U.M.U! So cos RuggedMan spits in pidgin and makes no sense,he's dope? Just read all over again and bi*ch slap yourself by yourself. Sure ur Oyibo friends told u how wack ur Boy is.Ode.U even nailed yourself talkin bout "African Queen". That's the only song he did without pidgin and look how that made him. I'm sure U can now see how big a fo*l U are. Next time,don't say sh*ts U know nothin bout or ain't sure of. Ode! Go and cop Gino's album. angry angry angry
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by gbadex1(m): 10:40am On Jul 21, 2007
Lmao @ kaydee cheesy, easy does it, but errr. . .point of correction - ruggedman spits in pidgin and makes sense, you just don't like him, period.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 11:52am On Jul 21, 2007
@Kaydee you must be puffing on that La!

Lol, don't comment on my intelligence dude, you don't know me, make your point and keep it moving.

I won't resort to name calling like you, because you seem to enjoy it. Listen, there is no way, I repeat, no way, you can reach your own people ridding the style and rhythms of other people. If you read back, I actually acknowledged that mode 9 is a decent lyricist but his message is lost on me because he raps in a Yankee accent. I cannot get with that, I think it's fake!

That you can actually listen to Sauce Kid without cringing says something about you, the kid sucks big time, he says nothing of worth and to top it off, he raps in an American accent, Take someone like Olu from Maintain, dude is not the best in the world but guess what, you cannot fault his authenticity, he 100% naija, no cop outs. I can bump his track in my whip without being embarrassed about the way dude raps cos he is repping a way of life where I come from, I understand him even if i find his content rather shallow.

According to you, rugged is a wack lyricist, that's cool, each to his own, but I know who I would much rather bump in my whip, if you dig my meaning.

Again, people can often read a little something and jump on their key board to type in their foolish pseudo-American slang. Tuface's success is largely due to the fact that dude is keeping it real. He is not trying to be Tyrese or Usher or any other American Star. Dude keeps it real, in his own language.

If you cannot understand that, there must be something wrong with you.

peace.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by skingo(m): 8:21pm On Jul 21, 2007
this afrocynic guy is livin in the 19th century, make una free the guy! him need tablet!
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 8:39pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ skingo

Err, ok, cos I don't agree with you?

Can't argue with ignorance I guess.

Peace
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by kaydee(m): 1:53am On Jul 23, 2007
AfroCynic:

@Kaydee you must be puffing on that La!

Lol, don't comment on my intelligence dude, you don't know me, make your point and keep it moving.

I won't resort to name calling like you, because you seem to enjoy it. Listen, there is no way, I repeat, no way, you can reach your own people ridding the style and rhythms of other people. If you read back, I actually acknowledged that mode 9 is a decent lyricist but his message is lost on me because he raps in a Yankee accent. I cannot get with that, I think it's fake!

That you can actually listen to Sauce Kid without cringing says something about you, the kid sucks big time, he says nothing of worth and to top it off, he raps in an American accent, Take someone like Olu from Maintain, dude is not the best in the world but guess what, you cannot fault his authenticity, he 100% naija, no cop outs. I can bump his track in my whip without being embarrassed about the way dude raps because he is repping a way of life where I come from, I understand him even if i find his content rather shallow.

According to you, rugged is a wack lyricist, that's cool, each to his own, but I know who I would much rather bump in my whip, if you dig my meaning.

Again, people can often read a little something and jump on their key board to type in their foolish pseudo-American slang. Tuface's success is largely due to the fact that dude is keeping it real. He is not trying to be Tyrese or Usher or any other American Star. Dude keeps it real, in his own language.

If you cannot understand that, there must be something wrong with you.

peace.

Honestly,i feel like a fool with ur humble reply.If any white wants to do Afrobeat today,He's got to do it like Fela did it.Look at all our reggae artiste.They try to do it like the Jamaicans.Look at Blacky and them all.
A good MC will honestly tell U pidgin takes a lot from ur sh*t.It's very hard for me to do it in pidgin.I respect those who do it in pidgin and still sound dope.
Talking bout Saucekid.If U take ur time to hear him,U'll see how proud a Nigerian he is. I get ur problem with all this rappers(Their accent). All those doin reggae adopted the Jamaican accent and slang and i don't see anything bad if rappers do the same.I'm not good at teaching but hope i made U understand something? I'm feeling sleepy now
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by doyin13(m): 2:42am On Jul 23, 2007
Don't mind Afrocynic.

He/she sounds like a transvestite grin
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by alisigwe(m): 1:58pm On Jul 24, 2007
ma guy; afrocynic,points aint proved by bragging,i seriously reccomend u go and listen to gino's album,then u are going to be cleared abt this accent thought u're puffing abt,hope u braging on this topic cuz u want to be cleared of sth not cuz u want ur voice to heard,i believe u thought we guys are just going to bump at ur post cuz u hang around with some white faggys,that never cared abt the message been droped in tracks,i bet u crazy abt his beats.i repeat;are u sure u're a rapper or a banker?
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by AfroCynic: 4:46pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ alisigwe,

Are you for real dude? you don't know me so you do not know who I hang with, you dig? Are you implying that you gotta be a rapper to like rap?

If you feel you do not have anything worthy to say then refrain from making useless comment.

@Kaydee, you don't have to school me on anything, we have different opinions on the matter, so don't worry.
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by doyin13(m): 5:20pm On Jul 24, 2007
alisigwe:

ma guy; afrocynic,points aint proved by bragging,i seriously reccomend u go and listen to gino's album,then u are going to be cleared about this accent thought u're puffing about,hope u braging on this topic because u want to be cleared of sth not because u want your voice to heard,i believe u thought we guys are just going to bump at your post because u hang around with some white faggys,that never cared about the message been droped in tracks,i bet u crazy about his beats.i repeat;are u sure u're a rapper or a banker?

I agree. Afrocynic sounds like one of those janded people that are starved for culture. So to satisfy their hunger they insist we stoop down to the level of monkeys.

Well we refuse.

@Afrocynic I suggest you change your name to Euro cynic

grin grin grin
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by gbadex1(m): 6:44pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ doyin13:

so by portraying your culture and lingo through music, you have stooped low to monkeys? Do you know how idiotic you sound? As a matter, your kind disgust me. People like you sound like those brainwashed, self-hating Africans who are embarassed by their own culture and view it as "stooping low to the level of monkeys". God, you disgust me!
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by gbadex1(m): 6:45pm On Jul 24, 2007
@ doyin13:

so by portraying your culture and lingo through music, you have stooped low to monkeys? Do you know how idiotic you sound? As a matter, your kind disgust me. People like you sound like those brainwashed, self-hating Africans who are embarassed by their own culture and view it as "stooping low to the level of monkeys". God, you disgust me!
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by doyin13(m): 7:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
@gbade x

u be real dodoyo.

make u comot ur mouth 4 wetin no concern u

mugu
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by gbadex1(m): 7:47pm On Jul 24, 2007
It's a public forum, doofus, it concerns me. Na your type for naija here we dey call "local maga". Next time, don't be an idiot describe your own culture as "stooping low to the level of monkeys"
Re: Germs: Mode9's Diss Trak2hiphop Sellouts Rugged N Sauce? by kaydee(m): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2007
gbade. x:

@ doyin13:

Try to get what the guy is saying. What Culture does Ruggedman's wack lyrics reflect? we can't say because we culture starved,settle for that barbaric stuff. I spit in pidgin is all he's got to say and i dunno why he's like that as if he's the only one who does.Eedris get mouth be that too. Afterall,na culture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Asa's New Album Rocks! Nigeria's Corinne Bailey Rae. / Download The Official VIDEO: MC Galaxy – Sukus / Jennifer Eliogu - Onulu Ube Nwanne LYRICS / MP3 DOWNLOAD

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.