Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,507 members, 7,826,916 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:58 PM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28449 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Krayola(m): 7:35pm On Nov 25, 2009
He's a legend for this alone. I swear e pain me no be small grin

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FEvvNhh5zk&hl=en_US&fs=1&[/flash]
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mamagee3(f): 10:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
Mourinho is a good manager but not the best. cool
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ibadanchap: 10:34pm On Nov 25, 2009
Quote "Mourinho is currently on a run of 125 home league matches unbeaten (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 25 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002."

Source: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jos%C3%A9_Mourinho

He may not be the greatest but at this time he is among the best. though his big mouth brings him enemies
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by IWASBANNED: 10:44pm On Nov 25, 2009
Mourinho is my god
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 10:50pm On Nov 25, 2009
^ and that is why you were banned grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by IWASBANNED: 10:57pm On Nov 25, 2009
No i was banned cos of nude pic on my profile
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 10:59pm On Nov 25, 2009
TELL ME YOU'RE LYING ! shocked grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 11:00pm On Nov 25, 2009
I have never heard so much clap trap in my life,

If its that easy why dont you lot go and do the job,

At Chelsea 95 points, 29 wins conceeded 15 goals which are all records

didnt looses a home game in 5 or 6 years, he doesnt play beautiful football but efficient, the same as Marcelo Lippi and many more, talking about luck can someone tell me how Liverpool and man Utd won the CL titles?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by IWASBANNED: 11:04pm On Nov 25, 2009
@edoyad I'm serious.You peeps were alive when this same guy bleeped fergy last champions league final,maybe fergy is not a good coach
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 11:12pm On Nov 25, 2009
Liverpool won the cl beating Juve, chelsea and Milan how is that a fluke?
Benitez repeated the feat two years later beating barca and chelsea again
Compare Mourinhos record to that

No one has been able to explain Jose 3 win in 13 CL games for Inter

@Sauron, Are you sure EPL had 3 representatives pre Benitez?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 11:21pm On Nov 25, 2009
No one has been able to explain Jose 3 win in 13 CL games for Inter

How many CL games did Capello win for Real Madrid

Benithez won the CL with Gerald Houlliers players now that he has got rid of Houlliers players see whats happening with Liverpool

Brazil won the 2002 WC by beating Germany (V Poor), Turkey, England, Belgium, China, Costa rica and Turkey, Nobody is complaining how they won the old European cup Liverpool won it by beating teams like Prague, Liege, ST Etienne but no one cares,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 11:24pm On Nov 25, 2009
Do you know a team can win the CL by winning only 3 out of ten games ?

This is Mo's second season for Bleep sake, he wont get it spot on every where he goes. Besides how long did it take him to win his first European trophy at Porto ?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 11:47pm On Nov 25, 2009
Capello surely won more than 3 games in the cl in one season this is Jose second CL with Inter FFS
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 11:58pm On Nov 25, 2009
Most of the people that Mo's compared with are more than a decade older than he is. Why dont they compare him with peers like Rijkaard et al ? How old is Princess Fergie's son who's being tipped for the Portsmouth job ? Not much younger than Mo i guess.

When evaluating boys like kroos do you compare to the Drogbas and Anelkas or the Walcotts and Velas ?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 12:25am On Nov 26, 2009
This is not about comparing rather its about how a top coach has won just 3 games out 13 in the cl
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mamagee3(f): 12:42am On Nov 26, 2009
edoyad:

^ and that is why you were banned grin

grin grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 1:01am On Nov 26, 2009
It's high time someone asks this question.
Mourhino is just a good PA system. He's as mouthy as Mohammed Ali ( But they can never be in the same category ). Mourhino's main strategy is to be a nuisance to the opposition by saying they are not good. It is this obnoxious mouth of his that made Roman to fire him, and i don't think Chelsea is worse off.
He lacks game spirit, he doesn't take defeat easily.That's why Benitez said Mourhino is a friend to those he can beat .
Really, i don't think he's better than Mancini. What he can boast of is his unbeaten home record which is circumstantial. Jose is just a good coach, but a genius, no way . A Barca without messi or Ibra dealt with him. Roman's money made him very successful and journalists are thrilled by his big mouth. QED.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 1:12am On Nov 26, 2009
Mama G, hope you stay away from OBJ grin

@OP, Mo is not a genius just like how 99.9% of the coaches in the world today are not.

@dayo, how many of those 13 games has he lost ?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by theviper1: 1:34am On Nov 26, 2009
pple just come here and post,contradict themselves and leave.am not a fan of `the special 1`,bt credit has to be given where it is due. was it with Romans money that JM won the CL with porto? we all know what the answer is.he has gone to london and beaten SAF,just like the turkish team ejaculated all over them today @ OT. the manure fans are crying over Scholls disallowed goal and they quickly had a memory lapse on the goal that spuds scored against them some seasons back and the manure goalie just picked it out of the net and the ref said go on. chavs were without an EPL cup for decades and the dude came and turned it around.he didnt win the CL with chelsea,bt who has. the great Benitez just crashed out of the same CL with loserpool and his group wasnt Barca,chelsea,real madrid man u and arsenal. shit happens. e go better.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mamagee3(f): 1:48am On Nov 26, 2009
edoyad:

Mama G, hope you stay away from OBJ grin 

@OP, Mo is not a genius just like how 99.9% of the coaches in the world today are  not.

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by SamMilla1(m): 2:59am On Nov 26, 2009
who is mourinho ?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 3:00am On Nov 26, 2009
dayokanu:

Capello surely won more than 3 games in the cl in one season this is Jose second CL with Inter FFS
Mr Dayokanu if Mourinho isnt a genius then who is? when all your contemporaries in your field acclaim you to be the best in what you do then you are doing extremely well in life. for instance dayo, i dont know what you do for a living but whatever you do if most or all your contemporaries say you're the best or one of the best then you are BECAUSE they have removed their egos when giving praise and being objective about it.

below are some of the quotes Mourinho's contemporaries have said about him, and no they werent paid to say them

"I must ask: is he a phenomenon or can he do whatever he wants with the team he has at his disposal? I reckon he is a phenomenon," Arrigo Sacchi [/b]gave Jose Mourinho's ego a polishing.

"Mourinho enjoyed unparalleled success at Chelsea, without question," said the Manchester United manager [b]Ferguson
. Ferguson, speaking ahead of Chelsea's visit to Manchester United on Sunday, was effusive in his praise of Mourinho. "Jose leaving Chelsea is a disappointment for the game," he said. "He was terrific for football and terrific for Chelsea. He brought something fresh and new to our game and I enjoyed the competition with him."

Meanwhile Sunderland's manager Roy Keane credited Mourinho with lifting the standards of the English game. "I have never come across him, but I just look at what he brought to the Premier League, and he raised the bar," said Keane. "He raised the bar for everybody, even for the likes of United, the Arsenals, they had to liven up their act a bit, and they came back stronger again, United and Arsenal, in the last year or two.
"Jose Mourinho definitely did that for the Premier League, and he did the biggest challenge, where he turned a very good Chelsea team into a top team. That's the biggest step and the hardest step. There are lots of good teams out there - I could name you 10 and say, 'they are a good team' - but they are not a top team, and that is the gap he bridged. He will be a loss to the Premier League, there is no getting away from that."

many many other football luminaries, journalists, commentators have mentioned his genius and greatness. does he win every match, no, neither may he win the champions league again. even alex has only won it 2ce in 18 whopping years in manu. i think you need to revisit you thoughts on this.

a parting shot for you to reflect on, as suggested by an earlier commentator;

Mourinho is currently on a run of 125 home league matches unbeaten (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 25 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.[22][39]

if that dont impress you, pele.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Basics007: 3:05am On Nov 26, 2009
@Poster He's neither. But blimey he's as lucky as any coach can get. Any coach given a blank check to buy at his whim is a lucky coach,cue the way it happened for him at Chelsea and Inter. If I digress a bit,Rafa is in trouble today cos he wasn't given common 18m to buy Barry last season after he'd already pissed Alonso off
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ladej(m): 3:18am On Nov 26, 2009
Basics007:

@Poster He's neither. But blimey he's as lucky as any coach can get. Any coach given a blank check to buy at his whim is a lucky coach,cue the way it happened for him at Chelsea and Inter. If I digress a bit,Rafa is in trouble today cos he wasn't given common 18m to buy Barry last season after he'd already pissed Alonso off
Mr Basics, did he also have a blank cheque in Porto? if i remember correctly Porto was the poorest team in the quarter finals the year he won it. he has been successful in both rich, wealthy and average spending teams. thats the mark of a genius
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by cescjay(m): 3:19am On Nov 26, 2009
the guy is good,and he always have faith on his players
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by inme: 3:29am On Nov 26, 2009
Just bkos the guy loose to Barca now, im don bkom fluke. the time wey im beat AC MILAN  4 nill una hand stiff to type anything. there is always good and bad times in everything, and football is not excluded. Depsite the fact that he is not doin well in europe lately does not make him a fluke or a bad manager, Professor Arsene Wenger have nothing to show for over 6 years now, does that make him a bad manager? what about Benitez who got knocked out of group stage in the CL? i can go on and on.

Mou is Special and he is one of the best managers.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by inme: 3:33am On Nov 26, 2009
ladej:

Mourinho is currently on a run of [b]125 home league matches unbeaten (38 with Porto, 60 with Chelsea and 25 with Inter). His last and only home league defeat came when Porto were defeated 3–2 by Beira-Mar on 23 February 2002.[22][39][/b]

if that dont impress you, pele.

its actually 150
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by kayality: 6:20am On Nov 26, 2009
IWASBANNED:

Mourinho is my god

Can mourinho protect your life and also can him provider anything you what for you?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Akanbiedu(m): 7:57am On Nov 26, 2009
This is it. If you put a black dot at the center of white paper, Most people will see only the black dot. It is only an achiever that understands this. Many underachievers are always looking for a failure even if you succeeded 1million times it doesn't matter to them. All your achievement will be made to look like nothing.

@poster. Please tell what great thing you have done in your entire life because you sound like an underachiever.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 8:20am On Nov 26, 2009
This is it. If you put a black dot at the center of white paper, Most people will see only the black dot. It is only an achiever that understands this. Many underachievers are always looking for a failure even if you succeeded 1million times it doesn't matter to them. All your achievement will be made to look like nothing.

@poster. Please tell what great thing you have done in your entire life because you sound like an underachiever.

Enough said!!!!

This is a guy that made £27m from endorsement and advertisement from Sky, American Express, Samsong, sports companies etc and this is not part of his salary, Great people would tell you, when you control the mind you control the person, go and ask Benni MaCarthy, Lampard, Javier Zenette, Jorge Costa all these player were made to look very good because Jose mentally challenged them, he made them feel like they are the best, Drogba would he break his leg because Jose,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 8:23am On Nov 26, 2009

In 13 games
won 3 vs Kiev, Anathosis Famagusta and Panathinaikos

Lost 4 vs Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen, Man Utd and Barca

Drew 6 vs Rubin Kazan, Anathosis Famagusta, Kiev, Bremen, Barca and Man Utd (Most of these draws were at San Siro)

This doesnt bear a resemblance to the profile of a top coach
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by MrCrackles(m): 9:09am On Nov 26, 2009
I wouldnt really say a genius and as for being a fluke, i am kinna coy! grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Tottenham Hotspur Vs Arsenal (1 - 0) On 10th February 2018 / Balotelli And Mancini In Training Ground Fight / Arsenal Vs Crystal Palace (2 - 2) On 18th October 2021

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.