Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke (28336 Views)

Poll: Mourinho is

Over-rated: 36% (4 votes)
Simply good: 63% (7 votes)
This poll has ended

Is Louis Van Gaal Still A Tactical Genius? / Genius Messi Breaks Another Record Set By Raul. / Cesc Fabregas - The Spanish Genius At The Heart Of Arsenal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mrofficial(m): 10:01am On Nov 26, 2009
Haters will always come to Nairaland to spit out shitz. Idiot poster.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 10:12am On Nov 26, 2009
Why don't you people drop your animalistic tendencies and be rational for once. Whether stupid or not the OP asked a question and stated his opinion on the matter. if you agree state your case, if you don't state your case too.

What does the OPs personal life have to do with the question ?

PS. I don't like the OP meself grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by keba(m): 10:23am On Nov 26, 2009
The OPs' question is biased. angry tongue
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mrofficial(m): 10:28am On Nov 26, 2009
edoyad:

Why don't you people drop your animalistic tendencies and be rational for once. Whether stupid or not the OP asked a question and stated his opinion on the matter. if you agree state your case, if you don't state your case too.

What does the OPs personal life have to do with the question ?

PS. I don't like the OP meself grin
grin grin grin grin

keba:

The OPs' question is biased. angry tongue

Abi ooo. How things wey Mourinho don do take be fluke? Na so e easy reach?

Didn't you see the way the inter players were playing like super-chickens in their last match against barca. Now na to blame Mourinho. Soon e go commot for that useless club.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ike4real: 11:03am On Nov 26, 2009
@poster,u are totally off the mark about jose,but the fact is that his c.v speak for him, u mentioned the fact that he had money @ chelsea that was y he was able to succeed there,hmm?but my guy plz tell me since jose mourinho left chelsea,have chelsea won the league since then?or would u tell me other mgrs that came after him did not have the same money or the same set of players to work with?@ porto he won 5 trophies in 3 seasons there,home and abroad,he won the uefa cup the following season he won the champions league,to show it was not fluke.at chealsea he won 6 trophies in 3 seasons,au many trophies has coaches they brot after him one since then at chelsea,despite haveing the same set of players and the same owner in charge.sir Alex Ferguson one the champions league just 2wice in his 22yrs in charge of man u,au would u place that?success or failure?can u imagine jose spending 20yrs in a club and au many trophies he would win in europe?OK,Raffa Benites in liverpool has been provided with enof money 4 the past 3 seasons in liverpool,y has he not one the league since then?infact since then liverpool has nosdived under him,does that make Raffa a bad mgr or a fluke?Now the way Barca made a meat of man utd in the final of the champions league last year,does the one sided final make sir alex a bad mgr or a fluke?Barca on a good day would have done to any team what they did to inter.NOW TAKE THIS.
@PORTO-LEAGUE TITLE 2003
PORTUG F A CUP 2003
UEFA CUP 2003
LEAGUE TITLE 2004
SUPER CUP 2004
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2004
[b]@CHELSEA-LEAGUE TITLE 2005
CARLING CUP 2005
COMMUNITY SHIELD 2006
LEAGUE TITLE 2006
F.A CUP 2006
CARLING CUP 2006
@INTER- LEAGUE TITLE 2008
SUPER CUP 2008
THE ONLY MGR IN EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THAT HAS NOT LOST A HOME LEAGUE MATCH SINCE FEB 22,2002. SPANNING 150 MATCHES
SO MY GUY WHAT ELSE CAN ANY SANE MINDED MAN ASK FOR FROM THIS MAN,JUST 46 YRS OF AGE?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mrofficial(m): 11:14am On Nov 26, 2009
ike4real:

@poster,u are totally off the mark about jose,but the fact is that his c.v speak for him, u mentioned the fact that he had money @ chelsea that was y he was able to succeed there,hmm?but my guy plz tell me since jose mourinho left chelsea,have chelsea won the league since then?or would u tell me other mgrs that came after him did not have the same money or the same set of players to work with?@ porto he won 5 trophies in 3 seasons there,home and abroad,he won the uefa cup the following season he won the champions league,to show it was not fluke.at chealsea he won 6 trophies in 3 seasons,au many trophies has coaches they brot after him one since then at chelsea,despite haveing the same set of players and the same owner in charge.sir Alex Ferguson one the champions league just 2wice in his 22yrs in charge of man u,au would u place that?success or failure?can u imagine jose spending 20yrs in a club and au many trophies he would win in europe?OK,Raffa Benites in liverpool has been provided with enof money 4 the past 3 seasons in liverpool,y has he not one the league since then?infact since then liverpool has nosdived under him,does that make Raffa a bad mgr or a fluke?Now the way Barca made a meat of man utd in the final of the champions league last year,does the one sided final make sir alex a bad mgr or a fluke?Barca on a good day would have done to any team what they did to inter.NOW TAKE THIS.
                    @PORTO-LEAGUE TITLE     2003
                                   PORTUG F A CUP 2003
                                   UEFA CUP           2003
                                   LEAGUE TITLE     2004
                                   SUPER CUP 2004
                                   CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2004
                                       CARLING CUP  2005
                              COMMUNITY SHIELD 2006
                                        LEAGUE TITLE 2006
                                                F.A CUP   2006
                                     CARLING CUP     2006   
                     @INTER-   LEAGUE TITLE    2008
                                      SUPER CUP        2008

THE ONLY MGR IN EUROPEAN FOOTBALL THAT HAS NOT LOST A HOME LEAGUE MATCH SINCE FEB 22,2002. SPANNING 150 MATCHES     
    SO MY GUY WHAT ELSE CAN ANY SANE MINDED MAN ASK FOR FROM THIS MAN,JUST 46 YRS OF AGE?

Thank you very much!

^^^ See wetin him dey call fluke. Idiot!
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 11:21am On Nov 26, 2009
In 13 games
won 3 vs Kiev, Anathosis Famagusta and Panathinaikos

Lost 4 vs Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen, Man Utd and Barca

Drew 6 vs Rubin Kazan, Anathosis Famagusta, Kiev, Bremen, Barca and Man Utd (Most of these draws were at San Siro)

This doesnt bear a resemblance to the profile of a top coach

i you how many CL games did Fabio Capello win with Real Madrid you couldnt come up with a figure

Now how many CL games did Marcelo Lippi win with Inter Milan

How many CL games did Alex Fergie won in the 05/06 season
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by vislabraye(m): 12:05pm On Nov 26, 2009
omar22:

i you how many CL games did Fabio Capello win with Real Madrid you couldnt come up with a figure

What about Ancelotti? He won two CL with AC Milan, was at the finals 3ce and he's doing well with Chelsea. Is he much older the Mourinho? Just 50 years of age.
Mourinho is not a bad coach, he's good but his mouth is better than his technical depth.

mr.official:

Thank you very much!

must you insult?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mrofficial(m): 12:22pm On Nov 26, 2009
vislabraye:

What about Ancelotti? He won two CL with AC Milan, was at the finals 3ce and he's doing well with Chelsea. Is he much older the Mourinho? Just 50 years of age.
Mourinho is not a bad coach, he's good but his mouth is better than his technical depth.

must you insult?

Not must.

Ancelotti is doing good.

But some people are here to condemn.

All i can say is, the poster should examine his head, cos i no get time for dullards, waste time to write.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 12:33pm On Nov 26, 2009

Ancelotti had the advantage of playing under both Arrigo Sacchi and Capello and he started managing from the mid 90's I think he started at Parma, then Juve, Jose didnt play and started his apprenticeship under the late Bobby Robson then under Van Gaal
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by seunspice(m): 12:54pm On Nov 26, 2009
Let Jose be. Of the new genration of coaches he is undoubtedly the best. He even fares better than some Old generation coaches. As a united fan, i couldn't but respect and fear Mourinho. He turned CHelsea to a dreaded force in just a couple of seasons trashing my darling united severally along the way. He lost just once to United. Has anyone here noticed how United quickly recovered and won the title in the last 3 seasons since he left. I doubt if i would be celebrating a hattrick of titles if Jose was still in England. I hate Jose as an opposition coach, but you can't but just love his poise, comments, tactics and gesture.
Inter Milan is in a phase, they wont do well in Europe in the next few seasons. But they would reign supreme in Italy. Italian football is total rubbish for now.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by fekwenugo2: 1:09pm On Nov 26, 2009
Mourinho is among d best coaches in d world if nt d best, how can u set on a journey and in 9yrs u`ve won titles and trophies in 3 different clubs
within dat space.How many coaches hv left for 3 diff clubs and achieved such success.Tk it or leave , his d best, Even d all mighty hiddink does nt hv dat success rate.Wenger and ferguson dont hv d guts of leavin their clubs 2 mk it else where, Mourinho is d best i`ve seen, If u hate him so much ,try and be objective 2 d man`s record.He never lost a home league game during his 3yrs period at Chelsea.His C.v is jst too much,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by fekwenugo2: 1:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
mr.official:

Thank you very much!

ike4real:

@PORTO-LEAGUE TITLE 2003
PORTUG F A CUP 2003
UEFA CUP 2003
LEAGUE TITLE 2004
SUPER CUP 2004
CHAMPIONS LEAGUE 2004
CARLING CUP 2005
COMMUNITY SHIELD 2006
LEAGUE TITLE 2006
F.A CUP 2006
CARLING CUP 2006
@INTER- LEAGUE TITLE 2008
SUPER CUP 2008

Nwanne God will bless u and your next one thousand generation 2 surface planet earth,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by edoyad(m): 1:31pm On Nov 26, 2009
dk , you've bitten more than you chew this time around. This people are ready to burn down your little manger grin grin grin
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by mayowab(m): 2:12pm On Nov 26, 2009
this is my first time of posting in this forum, but i cannot but say my opinion about this,

if morinho is a fluke for losing agaainst barca on tuesday then u should agree that sir alex ferguson was also a fluke becos of the champions league final thrashing and the liverpool thrashing at oldtraford last season.

i think coaches are judged by trophies that is why SAF, CAPELLO, LIPPI are respected, i think morinho is in this class of coaches.

how many coaches have won everything they ever competed for?
potugese league
potugese league cup
uefa cup
championleague
premiership
fa cup carlin cup
seria A

I think we all have reasons to hate him (HIS MOUTH)
but we should not deviate from the fact that he is very good at his job
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by ritchboy(m): 3:54pm On Nov 26, 2009
Where did all these unfamiliar ID's come from? cheesy

ok, jose won the washed up serie a with a team that were by far the best in terms of squad quality and had already won the last three titles. . . BRAVO!
He won the epl twice in three seasons with a £1billion squad(failing to win it after signing mikel, a.cole, ballack&shevchenko[still in his prime]) . . . BRAVO!
He won the shitty portugueese league twice with a porto side that were also the best in terms of quality. . . BRAVO!
And he won the ucl with porto after getting very lucky with the draws(man utd being the only top team they drew) and also got very lucky with the officiating in the tie in question. . . BRAVO!
Playing horrible football for the most part, let us all clap for jose grin grin

ok, he's a good manager. . . "genius" is too strong a word cheesy
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 3:56pm On Nov 26, 2009
ritchboy:

Where did all these unfamiliar ID's come from? cheesy

ok, jose won the washed up serie a with a team that were by far the best in terms of squad quality and had already won the last three titles. . . BRAVO!
He won the epl twice in three seasons with a £1billion squad(failing to win it after signing mikel, a.cole, ballack&shevchenko[still in his prime]) . . . BRAVO!
He won the shitty portugueese league twice with a porto side that were also the best in terms of quality. . . BRAVO!
And he won the ucl with porto after getting very lucky with the draws(man utd being the only top team they drew) and also got very lucky with the officiating in the tie in question. . . BRAVO!
Playing horrible football for the most part, let us all clap for jose grin grin

ok, he's a good manager. . . "genius" is too strong a word cheesy
grin grin grin grin grin grin

Ritchboy is OFFICIALLY the craziest Sports member in 2009.
Akolawole will castrate you for this post.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:39pm On Nov 26, 2009

In the CL out of 8 games Capello won 4 drew 2(lyon and Kiev) lost 2.(Lyon and Bayern) far better than Jose's

Marcelo Lippi's Inter Milan did not play in the CL so no basis for comparison

I took Mourinhos 2 seasons in Inter Milan which spans 13 games tell me any 2 consecutive season where Fergie won just 3 games in 13
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 4:46pm On Nov 26, 2009
dayokanu:

I took Mourinhos 2 seasons in Inter Milan which spans 13 games tell me any 2 consecutive season where Fergie won just 3 games in 13

Mourinho has the rotten luck of always managing BIG CLUBS that can spend money and then produce flukes of resultz there.

He has not bettered Mancini at Inter Milan.
At Chelsea, he had the best squad in Europe in 2004/5 and it was a let down he was eliminated by Liverpool.
When he was in Porto, Porto was the best team in Portugal. . . . . .Since he left, i think the new manager has won the league TWICE.

I will respect Jose Mourinho if he goes to Aberdeen FC in Scotland or go to Everton and win the EPL with them.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 4:52pm On Nov 26, 2009
I will respect Jose Mourinho if he goes to Aberdeen FC in Scotland or go to Everton and win the EPL with them.

You are even pushing it too far.

Is winning or doing well in the CL with Inter Milan too much to ask for? Inter has the name and the money and they even gave him a free hand to buy anyone he wants.

In terms of talents in Europe How many teams are better than Inter. A team that has Etoo/Zlatan, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Sneijder and Milito is not a small team anyday
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 5:01pm On Nov 26, 2009
dayokanu:

In terms of talents in Europe How many teams are better than Inter. A team that has Etoo/Zlatan, Maicon, Julio Cesar, Sneijder and Milito is not a small team anyday

Letz give him time.
He needs time. grin cheesy
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:03pm On Nov 26, 2009
His fans brag that he hits the ground running, He isnt a long term coach but one for short term success

How has this panned out in 3 wins out of 13 games. No one has explained this miserable record
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 5:13pm On Nov 26, 2009
dayokanu:

How has this panned out in 3 wins out of 13 games. No one has explained this miserable record

Leave him alone. E don do.
Jose is still one of the best in the business but letz face it. . . . . .He is not in a club that will attract world class players.
Inter has no pedigree in elite Europe.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 5:18pm On Nov 26, 2009
Mourinho has the rotten luck of always managing BIG CLUBS that can spend money and then produce flukes of resultz there.

He has not bettered Mancini at Inter Milan.
At Chelsea, he had the best squad in Europe in 2004/5 and it was a let down he was eliminated by Liverpool.
When he was in Porto, Porto was the best team in Portugal. . . . . .Since he left, i think the new manager has won the league TWICE.

Jose took over Porto in 2002,  (Porto won their last title in 1998 before Jose)

Mancini had NO COMPETITION when he Serie A

At the end of the day your bread and butter is the league, So many have tried to win the CL and not succeed at the end of the day Jose has won it with Porto.

You are even pushing it too far.

Is winning or doing well in the CL with Inter Milan too much to ask for? Inter has the name and the money and they even gave him a free hand to buy anyone he wants.

So if Madrid doesnt win this season would you demonise the manager?
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 5:21pm On Nov 26, 2009
omar22:

Jose took over Porto in 2002,  (Porto won their last title in 1998 before Jose)

What about post 2004 when Jose left Porto?
How many league titles have Porto won since Jose left? grin

Between 2004 and 2008?
U are a dreamer. AC Milan reached 2 UCL finals within that period of time.

At the end of the day your bread and butter is the league, So many have tried to win the CL and not succeed at the end of the day Jose has won it with Porto

I agree he won it with Porto but why can't he win it again?
He failed with Chelsea and he's failing with Inter.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:24pm On Nov 26, 2009

At the end of the day your bread and butter is the league, So many have tried to win the CL and not succeed at the end of the day Jose has won it with Porto

So what competition is Jose having right now at Inter thats different from Mancini

Like Sauron said Mancini competed against Milan that was ruling Europe not this yeye Milan, Roma that was on point not this kind of mid table Roma,
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by collinx(m): 5:32pm On Nov 26, 2009
He is over-hyped just because of his acid tongue and never-say-never belief!Nothing special.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 5:39pm On Nov 26, 2009
So what competition is Jose having right now at Inter thats different from Mancini

Like Sauron said Mancini competed against  Milan that was ruling Europe not this yeye Milan, Roma that was on point not this kind of mid table Roma,

Juve won 2005/06, but was handed over to Inter

2006/07 - Juventus Serie B, Milan (-8 points) Fiorentina (-8 Points)
2007/08 -  both Milan and Juven had to rebuild due to sanction against team (if am correct mancini was sacked before the end of the season)
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by omar22(m): 5:52pm On Nov 26, 2009
I agree he won it with Porto but why can't he win it again?
He failed with Chelsea and he's failing with Inter.

So you would also Call Van Gaal a fluke because Barcelona didnt win it
Capello with Real Madrid

Only Otto Hitzfield managed with 2 different teams
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by dayokanu(m): 5:55pm On Nov 26, 2009
Capello with Real Madrid

How many of these coaches won just 3 games in 13 CL matches playing against Panathinaikos Rubin Kazan, Famagusta and Kiev also not forgetting 5 home draws at the San Siro
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by Sauron1: 6:00pm On Nov 26, 2009
omar22:

Capello with Real Madrid

Only Otto Hitzfield managed with 2 different teams

Van Gaal, Capello were not given half a billion pounds to win the competition.
Mourinho had infinite resources to win the UCL with Abramovic and failed.
Roman wanted the UCL so much he shelled mad £££ to get Shevchenko and Ballack.
Re: Mourinho: Genius Or Fluke by BlueMagic2(m): 6:14pm On Nov 26, 2009
I have a question "If Mourinho isn't so good, why are most of the big clubs looking for him?" Even his name is being associated with Man. U. The guy's records speaks for him. He has won titles in all the clubs his been with. As for being a great coach only time will tell, as he is still relatively young. But as young as he is, he has surpassed most coaches of this era. People keep forgetting his success started with F.C Porto, a relatively mediocre club in portugal. Prior to F.C Porto winning the UEFA champion's league they won the UEFA cup the year b4. How many coaches have achieved that? Every1 knows that if mourinho had been allowed to continue in chelsea and stay as long as ferguson & wenger he would have achieved tremendous success with the club even winning the evasive champion's league. We all know he talks a lot but he reminds me of Mohammed Ali, who talked a lot but was & still is the greatest boxer of all time. So only time will tell if Mourinho is a great coach. As 4 being a Genius or a Fluke. He is so much of a GENIUS. I mean how many coaches have won the league title in a foreign club the first time. He won the league title with chelsea his first time back to back and he was a foreigner. He won the league the first time with Inter milan his first time and he is a foreigner, and i see Inter Milan winning it again back to back. So wether u love him, hate him, Love to hate him. He is a GENIUS & the best around right now. Enuff Said 4 "THE SPECIAL ONE"

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (28) (Reply)

Skye Bank's Managing Director's Wife Picking Her Nose / Premier League To Resume On June 17 / Why Is There No Premier League Football This Weekend?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.