Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,329 members, 7,867,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 07:20 AM

Is Nigeria A Failed State? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Is Nigeria A Failed State? (3022 Views)

Osun State Is Now A Failed State. Received Only 55 Million In FG Allocation / Nigeria Is Becoming A Failed State – Prof. Ben Nwabueze / Debate: Is Nigeria A Failed State? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by REALTRUTH1: 3:09pm On Apr 27, 2009
This is a stale news,,,it has failed over time and time and again,,,really don't know the reason(s) why that name(Nigeria) still exists.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by Moonstone(f): 3:43pm On Apr 27, 2009
blacksta:

i never said Nigeria is a failed state but i said it is showing trends of a failed. The instance you when mentioned about delta state paying fees for its student ( thousand of students out of possible 4 to 5 Million students). Private universities many of them the main indigence cant afford. Violence in election or election malpractices creates an tense atmosphere. Coups or civil disobedience are very likely outcomes

We have to be worried about the ongoing situation

" Nigeria is not failed state yet but if things continue like this then we are going to be failed state"

Now I agree.
We are worried about the present state which is why I said it's a failing state.
The thing I mentioned as in the Delta state is just an example of how the State is trying to redeem their status.
Private universities might not be afforded but at least they are trying to raise the standards of Nigerian universities. Private universities EVERYWHERE are not afforded by everyone. In US, a lot of people take out loans to go to private schools so that is not exactly something that is unexpected.
As for Election malpractices, they happen everywhere. They are more amplified in Nigeria but no one can tell me that any state's election is 100% safe-proof. No matter how small, elections are never that honest.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by asha80(m): 1:19pm On Apr 28, 2009
Nigeria is a failed state and we know it, middle class and rich folks are sending their kids abroad to study and get a second nationality, folks are sending wives abroad to have children cos everyone wants to guarantee the future of their children, all these are indicatn of a failed state, Come to nigerian embassy in London and you would know that the country is a failed state.
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by A40(m): 10:45pm On Apr 28, 2009
A country that cannot provide light,water,health,education,roads,food and other basic amenities for its citizens despite its natural and geographical endowment is a failed state so if Nigeria posesses all these characteristics then its a sure-fire failed state
Re: Is Nigeria A Failed State? by gem87(f): 10:53pm On Nov 04, 2009
the fact that u had to ask answers it.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nairaland Politics Section Person Of The Year / Should APC Be Worried / IPOB Radio Man Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.