Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,106 members, 7,842,199 topics. Date: Monday, 27 May 2024 at 11:26 PM

All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b - Satellite TV Technology (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b (405180 Views)

Free To Air Satellite Tv General Thread / 2in1 Set Up ( W4/7 And Astra 2b ) / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (83) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by ultrasat(m): 11:25am On Sep 19, 2010
I'm enjoying infinity channel for now! Let them scramble 1st week of oct. , i don't care! Free to air for all!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 11:28am On Sep 20, 2010
I greet everyone in the house, gurus and neophyte like myself!
I will appreciate if anyone can assist me with this problem l have 'of recent'.

I contracted someone to install "FTA" for me. I have two dishes, one for Multi-TV and the other for MyTV (l believe).
All was well until about a week ago when JOY TV (Aljazeera News, KidsTv, e.t.c ) all disappeared!
I've done a blind scam, still no JOY!
Now, l am as green as they come in these FTA thing so dont be offended if l ask some questions that seem foolish, the point is l just dont know the answer or where to find them (I will appreciate all directions)

1. I've never upgraded my Strong Decoder (4669x+), would upgrading firmware solve my problem? If YES, can someone point me to where to download this firmware (without killing my box)?

2. where can l get info on software to install on my Strong Box that can remove those "dollar sign" on some channels (I know why they are there and l know there are "walk-arounds" to remove them which not everyone knows about and for certain reasons, the "measures" cannot be posted openly).

Pls share such classified info into this Email box and l promise that l will maintain confidentiality to the last letter : lastpage5050@gmail.com

3. What is that code (4 figure) to enter the secret menu on a Strong Box? Am not sure whether its 8282, 8269 or something else. Cant even remember how the guy went about it on that day.

Thanks in advance.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 11:34am On Sep 20, 2010
@TOWNJUJU, can you lead me to where you downloaded that "69M" firmware? I also use a 69x+ and its giving me grey hairs as you would have read from my post above. Thanks.

2legit2qt, nearest4u, l am waiting on you also, Abegi pls.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lovala(m): 12:19pm On Sep 20, 2010

I greet everyone in the house, gurus and neophyte like myself!
I will appreciate if anyone can assist me with this problem l have 'of recent'.

I contracted someone to install "FTA" for me. I have two dishes, one for Multi-TV and the other for MyTV (l believe).
All was well until about a week ago when JOY TV (Aljazeera News, KidsTv, e.t.c ) all disappeared!
I've done a blind scam, still no JOY!
Now, l am as green as they come in these FTA thing so dont be offended if l ask some questions that seem foolish, the point is l just dont know the answer or where to find them (I will appreciate all directions)

1. I've never upgraded my Strong Decoder (4669x+), would upgrading firmware solve my problem? If YES, can someone point me to where to download this firmware (without killing my box)?

2. where can l get info on software to install on my Strong Box that can remove those "dollar sign" on some channels (I know why they are there and l know there are "walk-arounds" to remove them which not everyone knows about and for certain reasons, the "measures" cannot be posted openly).

Pls share such classified info into this Email box and l promise that l will maintain confidentiality to the last letter : lastpage5050@gmail.com

3. What is that code (4 figure) to enter the secret menu on a Strong Box? Am not sure whether its 8282, 8269 or something else. Cant even remember how the guy went about it on that day.

Thanks in advance.

@LastPage:
Tap 8280 on your remote to open the BISS keys Menu. If it doesn’t work activate it by first tapping 6969 twice on your remote control then follow this up with the 8280. do this on the channel on which you have to input BISS keys for. Concerning Joy TV why don’t you delete the MultiTV tp and then manually input it and then scan to see if it will bring up Joy TV since this is one of the channels in their bouquet? As for getting answers towards unlocking scrambled channels, no one will give you a positive response here for the forum is dedicated to FTA – Free To Air broadcasts. You may be lucky sha, if some bobo wey know im way around fat come supply you the real deal. If you succeed, then no forget me o. Take care!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lov4sat(m): 12:51pm On Sep 20, 2010
@lovala

Your problem has nothing to do with the firmware. if you have been receiving these channels before now it simply means the set up (Antenna) has moved away from the sat position and needs to be re-aligned. note this could also be caused by wind and rain fall
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 1:08pm On Sep 20, 2010
Thanks Lovala. I appreciate ur quick response.
Thanks too, Lov4Sat, l am sure the response was for me.
Again, l need more help.
Like l said, l've never updated my box. I have read where some did theirs and it went dead and l have also read where others upgraded firmware and updated the box too, with great results.
I went on season five, page 22 and downloaded the two softwares there. There was no accompanying instructions sha!
I have the Null Modem cable but I NEED THE STB DOWNLOADER FOR 4669X, to transfer the softwares into my box.
Can you or anyone point me to where l can get the STB-DOWNLOADER for STRONG 4669x pls?

Once again, thanks for your response.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 1:31pm On Sep 20, 2010
@lastpage

since you are a new comer in this thing, i will like to let u know that you should be extremely careful with watever you wnat to do on your decoder,

on the multitv, delete all the tp and input them manually see if green pop, then rescan.

that should do it
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 1:32pm On Sep 20, 2010
@lastpage

since you are a new comer in this thing, i will like to let u know that you should be extremely careful with watever you wnat to do on your decoder,

on the multitv, delete all the tp and input them manually see if green pop, then rescan.

that should do it, on the issue of software you can contact Amebopero, i can guarantee that the one he sent to me works well, just make sure your 69x is original.

cheers
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 1:34pm On Sep 20, 2010
@lastpage

that should do it, on the issue of software you can contact Amebopero, i can guarantee that the one he sent to me works well, just make sure your 69x is original.

cheers
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 7:07pm On Sep 20, 2010
Thanks Twinskenny,
I intend to be careful and l intend to be daring, with adequate caution and the support of experienced people like you on the forum.
Will it be possible for you to give me a copy of the software he gave to you (with his permission of course)? lastpage5050@gmail.com
I also want to ask: can anyone give me the LOADER for the strong 4669x+ Decoder? Or can l use the "Loader" for other Strong series/versions, like say 4751?
Finally, l have deleted all my channels now cry

1. Where do l get the codes/values to input?
2. How do l input these figures (a step-by-step tutorial or where l can get such will be appreciated kiss )
Thanks a million.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Eltonluigi(m): 8:05pm On Sep 20, 2010
still can get video on africa movie chanel, i tried delete but can't get it again except Click n Springbud#got strong mpeg2 decoder!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 11:48pm On Sep 20, 2010
Just now, l downloaded the SRT4669ME_7111_HE-AAC_110p_20100825 firmware into my 4669x box  shocked shocked shocked

Not too sure what l was doing but l noticed that it increased my S/W version to 1.0.5 grin grin

Am still not getting all those JOT TV channels. Did blind scan a number of times, No JOY! cry cry
Its almost 12midnight.
Maybe its my Dishes that are screwed (You never can say whose tampered with it) but l inspected both and they feel firm.
I played with my LNB turning them here and there (-20-0-20+), now what does that mean?

what else haven't l done? 

Okay, if l lay my hands on those PID values, maybe l will try to input values manually cry cry

Where are those gurus for god's sake?
Wont somebody come to my rescue before l go nuts? embarassed cry sad

Hmmmmm,

(I think l am going to bed and dream about all them olofofo, twinstaye/kenny, George-D, Enigma, Enitan, ToxNaija, Badaru, Ameebopero, Abijawara, LoveSat, e.t.c, Haaba, wetin l do? I will visit them in my dream if they dont sort me out sharp-sharp, walahi! grin grin grin )

*yawns and collapse on the bed*
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sathob(m): 1:23am On Sep 21, 2010
@Lastpage
for your sake I am known as first page. u see, the deities of FTA do not condone the idea of upgrading dx, especially, in circumstances like yours. however, it is sometimes important to do it, where and when necessary.

how do you know ur S/W version has been [b]increased [/b]to 1.0.5 If that is the case, then i am afraid you haven't upgraded your dx. smiley judging from the point taht u r putting the HE -ACC capable S/W
why well, most 4669x dx are loaded (is it by default ) with 1.0.5 S/W version. if the dx is really upgraded through what u did, you should be seeing "1.10"

How To Do It

just press menu on your remote
scroll down to system information
press ok. you will now see all the information related to your system, eg. model, S/W version H/W version etc. please verify again.

most 4669x are like that, when initially scanned, one can get to watch this multi-tv package then for some reason unknown to me, it ceases to satisfy it's purpose.
the solution? input the frequency manually.
how? press menu on your remote
on installation press o.k and enter 0000 when asked to enter PIN.
select manual scan
on satellite, select using the left and right arrow key on you remote control, the satellite used for multi tv. i believe yours wasn't changed by ur installer, so, it will still be Astra 2ABCD 28.2E
next, select frequency. use the left and right arrow key on ur remote control to select the multi-tv frequency (12551 or 12552) if u want to be sure of the value, first check it from the main screen by selecting any of the multi tv channels and press the info button on ur remote twice and take note of the frequency. not PID
in the manual scan menu (by now u already know how to get here), delete that noted multi tv frequency on ur receiver by pressing the yellow button on the remote control and confirming yes
observe those colored buttons beneath the signal bar and learn what each of them does (eg yellow button deletes)
next, add the multi tv frequency manually (this is the frequency 12551)
go to the symbol rate and enter 19531
move to polarization and select V by using the left and right buttons on your remote control. if u get "tp already exits message" when trying to change the polarization, just press the red button on the remote control and select from the pop up option.
now press ok to scan

I hope it helps!

rem: don't got nuts 'cos i will be cracking u grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 9:31am On Sep 21, 2010
@lastpage,

just follow what sathob has said, that answer it all, trust me the deity of fta is behind you no worry grin grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 9:45am On Sep 21, 2010
Sathob abd Twinskenny, Thanks a million.
Sathob really broke it down like l wanted it: Pry 1 level! kiss kiss kiss (three kisses for you; hope wifey/G.F dont get jealous?).
Yester-nyte was a nightmare.

Its the JOY-TV signal (I have one Dish pointed to Multi-TV and the second to JOY-TV) that is giving grey hairs at this young age!
I may be wrong but l think the Multi-TV facing Dish (the one l scanned with 68.5E Intelsat 7,10K satalite) maybe okay. I can see all the "Religious Channels like KICC, TB Josh, MFM, e.t.c
What l can see is the Aljazera News, BBC News, 4Kids, .e.t.c
I think those ones are on the JOY-TV facing Dish.

Now, l am going to do as you said, step-by-step and l will get back to this page.

Nna, l just have to sort this out today or else,

By the way, l am scanning and quality is as low as 30% (Red in colour!) I thought its supposed to be "GREEN" and like 40%+ or am l being to optimistic?

Anyway, let me get back to that Decoder first.

And can you help me pour libation (Aromatic whiskey and some Cashew Nuts grin grin ) to the god of FTA, biiko.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 10:42am On Sep 21, 2010
@lastpage

please dont get confuse here,

Joy tv is on MULTITV package, an is different from intelsat7 where you recieve my tv package including some fta channels. use a different dish and track multitv alone its just a lil bit above dstv to ur left when standing @ the back of dstv dish. make sure your signal strenght hit 85% for u to get other channels tru blind scan

use 12551 v 19531 for multitv

an 12544 h 20800 for infinity tv.

happy hunting.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 11:30am On Sep 21, 2010
Aaaha, thanks Twinskenny, thats where some of my confusion sets-in.
Now u have set it straight for me. Appreciate a lot
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 11:38am On Sep 21, 2010
Now, its back.
Special Thanks to you Twinskenny

Also "Thanks" to Sathob, Lovala, LovSat and others.

If not for you guys that "came down to my level", l could still be pulling-off my hairs.

Viva FTA grin grin grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by zenus(m): 11:40am On Sep 21, 2010
lastpage:

Its the JOY-TV signal (I have one Dish pointed to Multi-TV and the second to JOY-TV) that is giving grey hairs at this young age!
I may be wrong but l think the Multi-TV facing Dish (the one l scanned with 68.5E Intelsat 7,10K satalite) maybe okay. I can see all the "Religious

This is Intelsat and not Multi tv.
Multi TV is 28E above DSTV position.

Joy TV is in Multi TV package which has 10channels (Joy TV, Ceni Afrik, 4kids, Jesus Channel, Joy News , ).

For U to track Intelsat sat 68.5E your dish will face 1800c of DSTV position and that's where u can get channels like
lastpage:

"Religious Channels like KICC,  TB Josh, MFM, e.t.c
What l can see is the Aljazera News, BBC News, 4Kids, .e.t.c

Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Lov4sat(m): 11:41am On Sep 21, 2010
@lastpage
Just get another dish at least 80-90cm and do as twinskenny says

happy tracking my man grin
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 12:01pm On Sep 21, 2010
lastpage:

Now, its back.
Special Thanks to you Twinskenny

Also "Thanks" to Sathob, Lovala, LovSat and others.

If not for you guys that "came down to my level", l could still be pulling-off my hairs.

Viva FTA grin grin grin

thats great, enjoy the show,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by lastpage: 12:07pm On Sep 21, 2010
I appreciate ALL OF YOU Soooooo Much. kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by curiousman66: 4:42pm On Sep 21, 2010
@all

I am getting confuse now, i learned infinity will start scrambling from the first week of october, but ever since the Switch channel wahala started nobody seems to come out with a best solution, the issue now is, I'm not getting audio for voxafrica, galaxy tv, AMC, is everyone facing the same problem?

i'm not sure if this is correct, thus if u update the firmware, you might probably get the sounds, pls help me out, if it is, then where is the genuine firmware that will not kill the box?,
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Directman: 6:49am On Sep 22, 2010
@all

infinity tv uses aac and ac3 audio format which is not accessible by strong decoder that is why you are not able to get audio on the channels. 8 channels are still on mpeg 2 that is why it seems confusing. by the end of October, we move to a new video compression technology and it would put further pressure on boxes which are not ours

you would notice an increase in quality and video strength this is part of our ongoing quality improvement. we are moving to 45 channels and 3 HD channels between now and December so it is necessary for us to have the optimum in compression.

i believe Infinity tv offers tremendous value. There is a 50 years independence promo going on you can get the Infinity box/dish and LNB for 11,999 with one month free subscription. You get a tremendous box that is excellent also for FTA and includes ability for blind scans. subscription is 1,500; 3,000 and 5,000. We also offer internet and VOIP as well.

Distributors are welcome

regards
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by twinskenny(m): 7:36am On Sep 22, 2010
curiousman66:

@all

I am getting confuse now, i learned infinity will start scrambling from the first week of october, but ever since the Switch channel wahala started nobody seems to come out with a best solution, the issue now is, I'm not getting audio for voxafrica, galaxy tv, AMC, is everyone facing the same problem?

i'm not sure if this is correct, thus if u update the firmware, you might probably get the sounds, pls help me out, if it is, then where is the genuine firmware that will not kill the box?,
contact Amepepero the one is sent to me work well
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by mygee33(m): 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2010
@ ALL GURUS
i don't know whats wrong with the free statitions I get on Hitv location. All I get is CCTV4, that speaks only CHINA angry
I took the machine to an installer and he did some thing in de scan area and the things began to show. By de time i got home , e don beging show red again. that should be the third time i went there for the same reason.
I am just tired of carrying the thing up and down. I ve blind scanned de system 3 times and was able to get NTV. Now I am watching LIVE chineese progeamme .
someone pleeeeeeeeeeeese help
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sammu(m): 4:45pm On Sep 22, 2010
Mygee33
What is your dish size and signal strength for cctv. Note that your signal on cctv must be about 90% for TPs of ntv uganda, mboa to come up. So you may have to realign your dish if your signal is low
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sambass(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
@all i reset my decoder and blind scan w4/7 but i did not get rdv but i got all the other channels pls all check and let me know.
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by sammu(m): 5:08pm On Sep 22, 2010
@Directman, could you be more explicit on the FTA value of infinity decoder eg is it full hd? what make? (We know that Kaon made Daarsat decoder) is it already patched for africa just like mytv strong decoders?
Also let us know where we can get the system
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by Segunod(m): 5:17pm On Sep 22, 2010
sambass:

@all i reset my decoder and blind scan w4/7 but i did not get rdv but i got all the other channels pls all check and let me know.

i expereince d same here. after inputing d freq, i only got FTA channels but no rdv
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by williams85(m): 7:40pm On Sep 22, 2010
Guys let us quit making a noise about this so called channel(u know the one i'm talking about)
We know the joy we derive from it. Let us code everythin about it before it's deprived from us.
As for the lazy newbies. Why not do a simple research on ur own . Must someone impregnate a wife he married 4 you? A word is enough!
Re: All About Multi Tv Free To Air On Astra 2b by spacevice(m): 7:59pm On Sep 22, 2010
Segunod:

i expereince d same here. after inputing d freq, i only got FTA channels but no rdv

It's only the wise who see it. You guys are something else. FTA is FTA.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (83) (Reply)

All about IKS Decoders(Qsat, Speed HD, Azsky)POWERVU BIS & IPTV boxes / Official Thread Of Free To Air Satellite Tv (part 5 - The Final Part) / Solar Energy, A Complement To FTA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.