Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,028 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 12:00 AM

Which Is The Best Tyre Presently - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Which Is The Best Tyre Presently (28452 Views)

Why It Is Not Safe To Drive With A Donut Spare Tyre That Comes With Most New Car / Best Tyre Brand For Nigerian Road / What To Do When You Have A Tyre Blowout (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Kizyte(m): 7:37am On Jan 15, 2017
Adaowerri111:
Pirelli, bridgestone and michellin might be difficult to get or too expensive, go get MAXIS, a very good Tyre
Maxxis is a very bad tire! Don't recommend it!
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by agarawu23(m): 7:38am On Jan 15, 2017
Pirelli
They are expensive but worth buying.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Kizyte(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2017
vpaymoney:
Sirs pls as a matter of urgency, I need to get two tyres and I need a good tyre. The one I bought didn't last two months and get twisted.
Someone recommended Maxxis to you, don't buy! Maxxis is a very bad tire! I repeat don't buy! I recommend Bridgestone.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Fogman(m): 7:40am On Jan 15, 2017
mamaafrik:
You wont believe that a Dunlop(Made in Nigeria) produced in the year 1997 is what dad use for his Nissan cabsta,Me self dey fear when he brought it,but it still dey cakaraka till now.I advise You buy DUNLOP.

Using a tyre for 20 years! undecided

4 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by autofixng: 7:43am On Jan 15, 2017
All well said about all d brand mentioned! But always know that maintaining a recommended pressure plays a vital role in longevity of the tyre.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Adaowerri111: 7:45am On Jan 15, 2017
Kizyte:
Maxxis is a very bad tire! Don't recommend it!
I disagree with you, been using it for 2years and still very neat and tidy

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Adaowerri111: 7:48am On Jan 15, 2017
Oilwell:

Bro i have been hearing of twisted tire. I guess, i have not experienced it. How do one identify twisted tyre?

You car movement will pass the message, you might be guessing wheel balancing but your tyre might. E twisted
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by amarige(m): 8:06am On Jan 15, 2017
Achilles tyres.....very good.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Osezzua(m): 8:08am On Jan 15, 2017
Go for Falken tyres, got mine brand new over a year now @ 48k each, I've been to Benin City from Lagos with it severally n since then I've never been disappointed. Try it bro
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by dacovajnr: 8:57am On Jan 15, 2017
Tiredness grin
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by muller102(m): 9:08am On Jan 15, 2017
Silver stone
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by kamuzu(m): 9:13am On Jan 15, 2017
Kizyte:
Someone recommended Maxxis to you, don't buy! Maxxis is a very bad tire! I repeat don't buy! I recommend Bridgestone.

Why is Maxxis a bad tire?

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Omoadeola(m): 9:23am On Jan 15, 2017
Choosing a tyre for your vehicle is as important as using the right specification it's not really about brand name. What I'll like to ask you is what size are you using and the type of car cos even if you buy the most expensive and don't follow the necessary instructions, it won't last long,im telling you from experience. I'll advice you go for HAIDA . It's efficient, durable and pocket friendly.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Kizyte(m): 9:28am On Jan 15, 2017
Adaowerri111:
I disagree with you, been using it for 2years and still very neat and tidy
Don't disagree o! Cos when I replaced my Maxxis, it was still looking like a new tire but already swollen with air inside, and of course you know 'za outcome wouldn't be nice'

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Kizyte(m): 9:33am On Jan 15, 2017
kamuzu:

Why is Maxxis a bad tire?
Cos I've used it before. It got swollen inside even when everything appears fine outside. My life is still very important to me, if that one burst, na disaster.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by musa7m(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2017
Go for michellin...
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by legalwealth(m): 9:40am On Jan 15, 2017
Go for Double King if you can't afford Pirelli, Bridgestone or Michelin.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Adaowerri111: 9:44am On Jan 15, 2017
Kizyte:
Don't disagree o! Cos when I replaced my Maxxis, it was still looking like a new tire but already swollen with air inside, and of course you know 'za outcome wouldn't be nice'

Still using mine though for more than two years now and it's looking like one that will go ten years
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by scachy(m): 10:17am On Jan 15, 2017
vpaymoney:
Sirs pls as a matter of urgency, I need to get two tyres and I need a good tyre. The one I bought didn't last two months and get twisted.

Go for Fire stone, bridge stone, Pirelli, CEAT, Infinity, Michelin, Deestone .etc etc
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by vpaymoney(m): 10:32am On Jan 15, 2017
mamaafrik:
You wont believe that a Dunlop(Made in Nigeria) produced in the year 1997 is what dad use for his Nissan cabsta,Me self dey fear when he brought it,but it still dey cakaraka till now.I advise You buy DUNLOP.
Make FRSC no catch dad o. Na gbege!
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by vpaymoney(m): 10:37am On Jan 15, 2017
I trust you my people. Among and after mouth consultations from *kazims dem. am going for #continental. Is there anyway to know fake from original continental tyers. And how much can I get it in lag. I only need two for now. Am just afraid of tokunbo tyers. I won't have rest of mind if I buy tokunbo. So its better to go for what makes me feel comfortable.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Martini101(m): 10:53am On Jan 15, 2017
If you cant affford brand new tire, go and get a neat tokunbo of 2014 above and enjoy your ride.
The good thing is that you will actually get the good big names( continetal, dunlop, mecheline, pirelli, faulken) at 8k belowetc.
Talking from experience.b

Note: Never allow those boys to talking you into buying anything manufactured below 2014.
Their sweet mouth no be here. Persistence is the key.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by bigsmoke2(m): 12:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
I'm suprised no one has mentioned double king. It's not the best but it's relatively affordable And you'll get value for your money. Been using 2years now

2 Likes

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by emmasege: 12:54pm On Jan 15, 2017
Oilwell:

Bro i have been hearing of twisted tire. I guess, i have not experienced it. How do one identify twisted tyre?
A twisted tyre has some bulging in some parts of the tyre's surface.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Timijo(m): 1:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
Buy transking, I have been using mine for 1 year and 3 months.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by captain247: 3:55pm On Jan 15, 2017
vpaymoney:

Firestone and continental are good brands of tyre I have used for a year without issue. You should also check for the required PSI stated on your car when purchasing tyres and the date of production matters too with the size.

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by mamaafrik(m): 6:40pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fogman:

Using a tyre for 20 years! undecided
nope man,it was in store for 19 years(though thought to be expired) but i must say it'z proudly strong.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Fogman(m): 7:07pm On Jan 15, 2017
mamaafrik:
nope man,it was in store for 19 years(though thought to be expired) but i must say it'z proudly strong.

Tyres has 5yrs lifespan, used or not

1 Like

Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by mamaafrik(m): 7:11pm On Jan 15, 2017
vpaymoney:

Make FRSC no catch dad o. Na gbege!
can FRSC catch a fellow CSRF??,no think am ma niggur
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by mamaafrik(m): 7:19pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fogman:

Tyres has 5yrs lifespan, used or not
that can be true but wen you multiply the global expiry date with (Nigerian coefficient),u know say na another final answer be dat... Bro.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Yolnizzle: 8:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
I use 2 sets of P215 60 16 Yokohama (front) and Michelin (back). Both haven't twisted, but the yokohama let's in a lot of road noise. Just go for the cheaper of the two.

Avoid used tires!!! Life's too precious.
Re: Which Is The Best Tyre Presently by Nobody: 8:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
Fogman:
Any of the premium brands below:

Bridgestone Tyres
Continental Tyres
Dunlop Tyres
Goodyear Tyres
Hankook Tyres
Michelin Tyres
Nokian Tyres
Pirelli Tyres
Uniroyal Tyres
Vredestein Tyres
Yokohama Tyres

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

When Did You Buy Your First Car And How Much Was It? / Trailer Loses Tyre While Driving On Lagos Road This Morning / The Good Old Days Of Toyota Prius

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.