Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,240 members, 7,818,823 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. (8745 Views)

Daddy Freeze: Linda Ikeji Has Done More For Christ Than Adeboye, Oyedepo / Kemi Olunloyo: 'Linda Ikeji Has No Womb, Can't Have Kids, Was Never Pregnant" / Charly Boy: "Linda Ikeji Has Been Burnt So Many Times By Useless Wayo Men" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Wikinaija(m): 11:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
Lindaikejisblog used to be one of the most visited website in Nigeria for news after Nairaland. Unfortunately, lindaikejisblog has been declining in web traffic as reported by Alexa traffic ranking. Currently, the most visited websites in Nigeria for news are

Nairaland (1st position)
Naijaloaded (2nd position)
Naij (3rd position)
Vanguard (4th position)
Lindaikejisblog (5th position)

Lindaikejisblog used to be in the 2nd position but it has sadly fallen behind Vanguard to occupy the 5th position.

A close look at Lindaikejisblog might explain the technicalities behind the POOR traffic performance.

Lindaikejisblog unlike before is packed with Google Adsense Advertisement banners. The front page alone is loaded with tonnes of Google leaderboard 720 by 90 ad banners. These big google ad banners make it impossible to see the first blog post unless you scroll down the page. With these heavy advertisement banners and links on lindaikejisblog, one can correctly call the blog a "billboard of advertisement" instead of the former beloved blog for Nigerian celebrity and entertainment news.

Linda Ikeji failed to realize that Google Adsense comes loaded with JavaScript codes which is particularly heavy for mobile devices to load. This makes the blog very slow to load on mobile devices. Unfortunately, mobile devices (phones and tablets) are primary devices used by most Nigerians to access the internet.

As a rule, if your blog is slow to load, your traffic will surely suffer. Your traffic will move over to better performing blogs like Naij, Naijaloaded and Vanguard. Remember also that google hates slow websites and will likely show users only fast optimized websites on google first page.

I hope Linda Ikeji reads this article and make changes on her blog asap in other to regain her second position in traffic. If her blog continues in its current path, I am positive that more blogs in Nigeria will topple lindaikejisblog.

I guess the monetary handout Linda gives out on her new website, Lindaikejisocial, created the pressure to make more money on Google adsense banner advertisement. Giving monetary handout will build up traffic for few months or years but the sad truth is that traffic will die a natural death once the monetary handout stops coming.

Google adsense ad banners, ad links, social buttons are packed with JavaScripts codes and too much of it is not good. Linda Ikeji knows what it takes to be a blogger but the technical setups (too much google adsense, ad banners, social buttons) on her blog is undermining her effort.

What's your take on this discussion? I will like to know your opinion. Leave your comments below.

https://www.wikinaija.net/showthread.php?tid=12&action=lastpost

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by ritababe(f): 11:36pm On Jan 14, 2017
I notice it too, other bloggers are taking over.

8 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by 2SWT(f): 11:39pm On Jan 14, 2017
She has made money I think it's better she allow others do so too.

I visited her blog once and I don't intend visiting again adverts are too much

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by emorse(m): 11:50pm On Jan 14, 2017
Seun right now.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by dacovajnr: 11:54pm On Jan 14, 2017
Don't understand how visitors Navigates through the site..it's Damn difficult and Ugly..Upcoming bloggers should just keep it simple like NL..i no say make you copy Oooo!

12 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Nixiepie(f): 12:22am On Jan 15, 2017
Av never visited her blog before maybe someday sha.....

2 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by KealDrogo: 1:53am On Jan 15, 2017
Her blog viewers are probably teenage girls who have no job except reading gossip news and following celebrity stories sheepishly. It's a mystery how she has many viewers.

12 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by shilling(f): 2:59am On Jan 15, 2017
You can't argue with these numbers, but I doubt this is affecting her ad revenue at all. Nigerian brands continue to sheepishly advertise on her blog because she's famous. I love LIB and visit it everyday, but it is probably the most poorly designed website I've seen in a while.

6 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by homesteady(m): 6:00am On Jan 15, 2017
Yeah, very true! Her comments section keeps dwindling every day! You hardly find any post with up to 100 comments!
I think she is putting too much effort in that her new website!

4 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Asegzy: 6:40am On Jan 15, 2017
I was formerly a lindaikeji blog addict
But those ads make the blog so slow in loading which can be very annoying
Can't remember wen last I opened lindaikeji. grin

10 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Medunah: 7:38am On Jan 15, 2017
shilling:
You can't argue with these numbers, but I doubt this is affecting her ad revenue at all. Nigerian brands continue to sheepishly advertise on her blog because she's famous. I love LIB and visit it everyday, but it is probably the most poorly designed website I've seen in a while.
So poorly designed.....I visited it once and I was really disappointed.......Never gon visit it again
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by homesteady(m): 7:54am On Jan 15, 2017
That's the only site I use my opera mini for, because it is faster there! I do the rest of my browsing on Chrome and UC Web!
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by homesteady(m): 7:59am On Jan 15, 2017
KealDrogo:
Her blog viewers are probably teenage girls who have no job except reading gossip news and following celebrity stories sheepishly. It's a mystery how she has many viewers.

You just ended up contradicting yourself! From only teenage girls to many viewers!

So all these political parties spent billions to advertise on her blog because they want to get teenage girls votes?

4 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by FunkyMetahuman: 8:25am On Jan 15, 2017
I never visited that blog for once in my life

2 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 15, 2017
I thought I was the only one. But I guess,if she will yeild to op's advice because as shilling rightly said, majority of those advertising there are using that place because of her old glory and popularity. So she might be after money and it will narrowly reduce her income. They are just doing it blindly. Many of her posts now are just less than 10 comments. To make thing worst ,she is trying to push everyone to her new site( I have never visited that place for once).
You can't just view any pics on the site ,I have to use adblock to do justice to it. I prefare ladunnews to her poor site.
Besides I visit naijaloaded now, it is full of virus.

1 Like

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by ednut1(m): 9:38am On Jan 15, 2017
Nigerians never seize to amaze me.how is it ur concern. what is ur site ranking mr op. mtcheeew
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by ebujany(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2017
Medunah:

So poorly designed.....I visited it once and I was really disappointed.......Never gon visit it again

Who your visit EPP? Does it stop her from been number one blogger in Africa?? Abeg shift front

2 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by RealFlexyb(m): 10:02am On Jan 15, 2017
FunkyMetahuman:
I never visited that blog for once in my life

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by ammyluv2002(f): 10:11am On Jan 15, 2017
I noticed too! I think, she has too much on her hand; LIB & LIS
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by KealDrogo: 10:26am On Jan 15, 2017
homesteady:

You just ended up contradicting yourself! From only teenage girls to many viewers!

So all these political parties spent billions to advertise on her blog because they want to get teenage girls votes?
sad Don't you see where i wrote "mystery" before many viewers.?
And for political parties spending billions on her blog does not mean they are targeting the right audience. Because the last i checked, the party that was spending more during last election lose.

2 Likes

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by KealDrogo: 10:32am On Jan 15, 2017
homesteady:

Mind you i didn't say "only teenage girls" the way you quoted me. I said "probably".
So i don't know what your argument is about.

1 Like

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Heavance(m): 11:46am On Jan 15, 2017
I exited the blog a long time ago when I realized Kardashian news, outfit, fight, quarrel or just name it, was a daily thing.
I just had to take a very long break...... but that doesn't affect how much I love that lady at all.
I so love how she is encouraging young girls to be independent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Medunah: 12:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
ebujany:

Who your visit EPP? Does it stop her from been number one blogger in Africa?? Abeg shift front
To deal with criticism is your biggest problem,i see......
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 1:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Bad Belle people.
More adverts means more revenue. Deal with it.

LIB remains the most visited blog in Nigeria
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by crackhouse(m): 3:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
Linda ikeji got no traffic before. It's PDP and the power of puss.y that made her rich.
Do u know how much she pocketed during Goodluck Jonathan re-election campaign?.
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by COURVOISier(m): 5:06pm On Jan 15, 2017
Make una leave that babe. Money dey, Na God, no shaking.
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by djbobby007: 6:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
I was only linked,I blame myself dat day,very poor site copy and paste content
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Nobody: 6:22pm On Jan 15, 2017
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by ammyluv2002(f): 6:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Heavance:
I exited the blog a long time ago when I realized Kardashian news, outfit, fight, quarrel or just name it, was a daily thing.
I just had to take a very long break...... but that doesn't affect how much I love that lady at all.
I so love how she is encouraging young girls to be independent
Especially the Kardashians. Linda fit post stories about them like 20 times a day.
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by DonX001: 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
KealDrogo:

You shouldn't be too surprised.
It only goes to show how many jobless, half-brained youths we have in this country.
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by Nobody: 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2017
Very true..people barely comment these days unlike the tens to hundreds of comments in d past..
Re: Lindaikejisblog Is Failing And It Seems Linda Ikeji Has Not Realized It. by KealDrogo: 7:39pm On Jan 15, 2017
DonX001:

You shouldn't be too surprised.
It only goes to show how many jobless, half-brained youths we have in this country.
And this is the reason why many upcoming bloggers are finding it difficult to attract visitors, thinking of posting informative, and educational articles including tech related blogs. But all those kind of stuffs don't interest the youth of this country. They rather go to blog sites where you see posts like "between Beyonce and Kardashian who rocks the shoe better" and other yeye celebrity news. Shame.
Though things are beginning to change, I will say to some extent people are more interested in learning online business and making money online this might be part of the reason for the decline of views on her blog. The recession isn't helping either, youths have to source a way for income rather than following celebrity lifestyle upadan.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

#bbnaija: See The Facial Reaction Of Tacha The Exact Moment She Was Disqualified / Mercy Eke Dumps Bbnaija Truck, Buys Brand New Mercedes Benz GL 350 (video) / This Mama ONLY Feeds Guests Full Chicken On Each Plate (PICS)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.