Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,311 members, 7,822,540 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

"Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad (41384 Views)

Six Churches That Don't Celebrate Christmas / MMM: 10 Things That Will Happen To Churches That Promoted Scheme– Pastor Adelaja / Nigerian Uses Signpost, Tells Churches That Schools Owned By Them Should Be Free (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by TonyeBarcanista(m): 4:09pm On Jan 15, 2017
Any Church or Mosque that engage in for-profit venture MUST pay tax.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by BrutalJab: 4:10pm On Jan 15, 2017
skedman:
are you really a christain? What is the difference between you and a mallam . I am afraid a mallam is even more intelligent than you . Learn to respect your elders

What's your age?

Stupid children everywhere
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by herald9: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
Some people didn't even read the post.
The man's speech is very impressive, unequivocal and succinct.
And he's actually right.

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jan 15, 2017
ceejay80s:

I spit on u, tufiakwa, I don't have any business with any human who kills in the name of Mohammed

Get an educated person to read what i wrote, then comeback with a proper response yeah?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 4:13pm On Jan 15, 2017
What is PUBLIC FUNDS?

The money that is used by the government to provide goods and services to the public in general. This money has been generated by the government

Law Dictionary: What is PUBLIC FUNDS? definition of PUBLIC FUNDS (Black's Law Dictionary)
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by youngjoy(f): 4:14pm On Jan 15, 2017
wetin dy bring all this nonsense self.........
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by eyeview: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
flexrivers:
I see no reason why universities and other business concerns owned by religious organizations shouldn't be taxed. These businesses are not charity organizations.
Universities and businesses owned by the churches are already paying tax. It's not enough for such people, it's the church themselves they want to be taxed

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by oloriStella: 4:15pm On Jan 15, 2017
Mr sheikh or whatever you call yourself, so you have forgotten so soon the adage "as poor as a church rat"? Now that wealth has come to the church of the Living God, you and your allies re crying foul? You haven't seen anything yet!

Generations of the Army of thy Lord that will take Nigeria to its rightful place in destiny is rising soon from the church of the Living God.

Instead of you to see how you get yourselves together to rescue the Almajiris turned terrorists you are using to destroy this Nation in collaboration with your president, you are here glamouring for tax from churches. kiss Missed priorities and shortsightedness is your problem.

This one is looking for how to be recognized by your Chief almajiri of a president I guess, quote me!

2 Likes

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 4:18pm On Jan 15, 2017
King44:
from my own perspective most religious leaders of today are glorified business man/scammers, if you have ever attended a Catholic school built many years back which is presently owned by govt these are schools which are built not only from the tyt n offering but also from the pocket of the leaders of the church and they delivered unbiased, non fraudulent, and quality education that breaches the gap between the rich and the poor but presently churches and skuls but by churches and other church related establishment are business and profit oriented and the tin wey dey pain me pass b say if na 10 naira u fit afford for offering unless d pastor no c u wen c you them fit call you out begin dey indirectly insult u some even fit select the moni throw way or when them one pray for pple wey pay tyt and those wey no fit afford a dime for tyt na dat time you go remember say poverty no good, but in December actual sense is this what our churches should stand for?, a member of sososo church can't even send his or her child to a skul built by same church he or she attend becos of high cost of skul fee it is so unjust conclusively churches and mosques should b equally and strictly taxed according to their earning.
They should the churches and mosques alone. When they need our votes they come to this organization for votes. When the government should think of helping her citizens instead of meddling on religious activities
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by BabaAduras: 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
kin8744:
If you are a christian, its time to stand for the church.

Stand up for what? Stand up to defend super rich pastors lording it over the super poor worshippers perpetually?

That FRC law was the only good thing Jonathan Administration did for poor Nigerians. The way I read it is very simple. The Church or The Mosque have the final say in this - it either you are a non profit org (non tax paying) or you are profit making (tax paying) org. Either way, there are respective laws governing the set-up.

There is nothing political in this. The law is available in one form or the other in every modern countries (UK, US, Germany, France, Australia etc). I totally support the Law to be reviewed so Government does interfere in the Spiritual side of these org.

Summarily speaking as a Christian and a member of RCCG based in the US, I totally support the Sheiks input and I totally support what has been done in RCCG. Baba Adeboye will remain our Spiritual Leader till that time it pleases God to call him to His bosom, let other people run the Administration of the Church

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by stone07(m): 4:20pm On Jan 15, 2017
musicwriter:
Any church GO that said "I' am answerable to God only" is a thief and does not believe in God nor understand what's written in the Bible.

This issue is not even new, because Christians have been paying tax from time immemorial. When similar situation arose during Jesus's day, Jesus was asked his opinion, and he replied "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God".

Caesar was then the Roman governor collecting taxes for the Roman government in Judea, Jerusalem and environs.

Matthew 22:20-22
Mark 12:17
So govt should tax me twice after I paid personal tax and again government taxing d church am paying tithe to. Even if they tax d church, do u expect the Muslim Fulani's to benefit from it? You want them dat killed Christians and burn churches to start telling d government to tax churches. On what bases.
Some idiot Christians supporting the idea.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jan 15, 2017
unclecycs:
Make sense if you assume a neutral mindset and read post .. if churches and mosques run businesses ..religion should.not.serve as a cover to shield em.from taxes .. pretty much a fair inference
The question we should be asking is how far has the government be transparent?
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by sunshineV(f): 4:24pm On Jan 15, 2017
Apostle is getting on Forbes list
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 15, 2017
musicwriter:
Any church GO that said "I' am answerable to God only" is a thief and does not believe in God nor understand what's written in the Bible.

This issue is not even new, because Christians have been paying tax from time immemorial. When similar situation arose during Jesus's day, Jesus was asked his opinion, and he replied "give to Caesar what belongs to Caesar and to God what belongs to God".

Caesar was then the Roman governor collecting taxes for the Roman government in Judea, Jerusalem and environs.

Matthew 22:20-22
Mark 12:17

Note: I' am not a religious person, but I believe in God, so I' am completely neutral here. Religion is of the anti-Christ, religion is a way to hell.
Jesus was referring to individual not church? The synagogue then doesn't pay tax
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Ikpewe: 4:27pm On Jan 15, 2017
You got nothing saying
eyeview:
A Muslim calling for tax on churches. I don't blame him. I blame Christians who lead the way in critisizing their faith publicly,calling for tax on their own faith,attacking their pastors publicly etc.
And when you do that, the Muslims will join us to critisize our faith and it's leaders while shielding theirs jealously.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Shafiiimran99: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
bundle33:
Moslem or Islam is anti humane,from the day of creating this religious it's from blood she'd and imagine how can sheikeh or Imam interfering to churches affair....Tell ur stupid Buhari to desist from unfair to religious in kaduna crisis and stop been partial to one side...God is bigger than humans..U can't knows all but our president claim he knows all...that equivalent to OLODO...Bleep all those that look into affair of the christain and members...leave the christain alone and do politics than interfering when national issues are there at ur nose...2019 Buahri go smell himself
If u said Muslim is anti humane what would say about Christianity, well many of u don't know history. U see, WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND... If u think some Muslims are trying to convert xtians by force to Islam, it was what xtians had done before too so u people should think twice before say anything about Islam though, I don't like what is happening in the north because it's against Islamic teach but truth must be told.

CONVERT TO CHRISTIANITY OR DIE
John Stone & Hugh Fogelman
Millions of African−Americans are Christians today because their ancestors were converted against their will to the religion of the slave-master.
Hundreds of thousands of American−Indians are Christians today because the Christian missionaries converted their ancestors against their will.
In Europe, it was the same thing. When Rome controlled most of the world, the Roman Emperor, Constantine, in 325 CE forced Christianity onto his subjects.
The people of Lithuania did not become Christians because they read the gospels and decided to accept their teachings. On the contrary, the people of Lithuania were forced into Christianity against their will, as a result of relentless military force.
From The Crusades, by Bernard Hamilton:1
“In 1309 the Teutonic Order moved its headquarters to Marienburg in Prussia. It had a papal license to wage perpetual war against the pagans and used this to launch annual crusades against Lithuania. These expeditions were very popular the nobility of northern Europe: campaigns were held twice a year, in the summer and in the winter when the order laid on special Christmas festivities for visiting crusaders.”
“The excuse for men who enjoyed fighting and to lay waste large parts of Lithuania in the name of Christ was removed in 1386 when the King of Lithuania, Ladislas Jagiello, married Queen Jadwiga of Poland and received Catholic baptism. The two kingdoms were united under Christian rulers and the Teutonic Knights no longer had any justification for crusading against pagans there.”
Lithuania was not the first country that fell victim to a campaign of lethal military force, for the purpose of forced conversion to Christianity. Three entire European nationalities became victims of genocide because they refused to become Christians:
“...the Vandals, Ostogoths, and Heruli. The last three were destroyed by the Pope of Rome because they refused to become ‘Christian.’ The armies of Emperor Justinian, in cooperation with the Pope, thrust the Ostrogoths out of the city of Rome. They have become extinct.” 2
Jews had to endure the sword too. Millions of Jews from the fourth century CE until the 20 th Century were forced to “kiss the sword” of Christ, or be put to death by that sword. Therefore, many, many Jews died at the hands of Christians in the name of Jesus. Fortunately, many Jews managed to survive. They survived by lying―they converted, but secretly remained Jews. The Christian Church finally realized what was happening and in 1492, the Spanish Inquisition tried to purge the country of these “Secret” Jews, called Marranos.
Christianity should not take any pride for their large numbers of subjects. Almost all Christian ancestors, Catholics and Protestants really had no choice in the matter. They were forced to accept Jesus as their god ― Invisible Friend in the Sky . Christianity was a forced religion. Today it is being forced in another manner, through an army of missionaries beating on your door and brainwashing your children in school classrooms, extracurricular activities and intramural sports.
“I am now convinced that children should not be subjected to the frightfulness of the Christian religion. ... If the concept of a father who plots to have his own son put to death is presented to children as beautiful and as worthy of society's admiration, what types of human behavior can be presented to them as reprehensible?” —Ruth
Hurmence Green (1915-1981)
NOTES:
1. The Crusades , by Bernard Hamilton, 1998, Sutton Publishing, United Kingdom, Chapter 9: Later Crusades, page 87)
2. National Sunday Law, A. Jan
Marcussen, 1983, page 11)

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Ikpewe: 4:29pm On Jan 15, 2017
Did you typed for all?
Chikelue2000:
Please this Man should desist from saying what he does not know. D church is not d mosque, Christianity is not Islam. infact dis two religion don't serve or worship d same God as some people think

Dis expensive schools dis Churches build, is it just for business? Muslims and other people also benefit from it. To me d church shld be commended for helping d government bridge vision of education for all.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by BuddhaPalm(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
eyeview:
A Muslim calling for tax on churches. I don't blame him. I blame Christians who lead the way in critisizing their faith publicly,calling for tax on their own faith,attacking their pastors publicly etc.
And when you do that, the Muslims will join us to critisize our faith and it's leaders while shielding theirs jealously.

He's calling for tax on businesses.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by musicwriter(m): 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
stone07:
So govt should tax me twice after I paid personal tax and again government taxing d church am paying tithe to. Even if they tax d church, do u expect the Muslim Fulani's to benefit from it? You want them dat killed Christians and burn churches to start telling d government to tax churches. On what bases.
Some idiot Christians supporting the idea.

I' am not interested in any Christian-muslim tussle. I' am on the side of the government to drive revenue to build roads, generate electricity, provide drinking water, build hospitals, etc.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Mambox: 4:31pm On Jan 15, 2017
The irony, nearly 95% did not bother to read the content. Lazy generation.

Future leaders indeed. We cant even be trusted to read the constitution if entrusted with it!

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by swtdrms(m): 4:35pm On Jan 15, 2017
MrIcredible:
I'm a Muslim but I think the man should shut the Fûck up!

What is his business

Everyone should learn how to mind their business.

You are not a muslim stop the Bleep and stop the lies. Besides did you read the article?

Why should we allow religion to be used in scamming people.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Richiest(m): 4:38pm On Jan 15, 2017
Its not his fault,This is where we have found ourselves I this country where we deceive ourselves that we are ONE,what's his business with what happens in out churches ?How many times has he come out to speak openly about the killings in the North? Time will surely tell.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by rhocephil(f): 4:41pm On Jan 15, 2017
Sir u said Muhammad is poor maybe yes or no I can't say but my own JESUS is not poor sir, I believe Muslims now use Bible pls go home n check ur Bible my JESUS was super rich both on earth and in heaven, He rode on a donkey dat no man have ever ride before. The soldiers cast lot over His garment if the garment is an ordinary one d soldiers will not cast lot over it n u call such person a poor man,

1 Like

Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by musicwriter(m): 4:43pm On Jan 15, 2017
asuustrike2009:

Jesus was referring to individual not church? The synagogue then doesn't pay tax

Of course, Rome taxed both businesses and individuals. It doesn't even make sense to ask whether it was individuals or organizations that got taxed, because all that was required was their tax money. Besides, what Jesus was saying there on the broader sense wasn't just about taxes, but he was saying "obey the government" while practicing your religion.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by obamabinladen(m): 4:46pm On Jan 15, 2017
Abrupt:
If you're going to run churches as a private organisation, you might as well pay your tax. Besides, where's the harm in paying tax? 'Big Churches' should see it as helping the country financially. Christians are the good Samaritans.

I paid tax to the govnt and tithe to the church, if the govnt tax the church from the tithe I paid, is it not double taxation?.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by obamabinladen(m): 4:51pm On Jan 15, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
Any Church or Mosque that engage in for-profit venture MUST pay tax.

Profit varies hope you know this?.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Nobody: 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
I no bother read this many yarns,I'm a Christian but I concur
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by obamabinladen(m): 4:53pm On Jan 15, 2017
ofemigeorge:
Give unto Cesar what belongs to Cesar and give unto God what belongs to God. Case close. Avoid religious conflict at all cost.

Can you interpret what you wrote?.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Inova(m): 4:56pm On Jan 15, 2017
Kids kids everywhere on nairaland.
You just read the topic of the post and go about making unguarded opinions.
This is why we have a high failure rate in schools.
So much for our Youths of tmrw
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by Inova(m): 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
obamabinladen:

I paid tax to the govnt and tithe to the church, if the govnt tax the church from the tithe I paid, is it not double taxation?.
Then tell your church not to engage in taxable ventures as that was not what the church was registered for. Simple.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by EMFF: 4:59pm On Jan 15, 2017
The point that drew my attention is when the man mention Jesus as being poor. the truth is the man is truly ignorant. Jesus was never poor, he only chose to be poor so that we through his poverty might be rich. same way he was made son who knew no sin, that we might be the righteousness of God. Jesus is the owner of the universe, the creator of everything. without him was anything made that was made.
Re: "Super Rich Churches That Do Business Must Pay Tax" – Sheikh Abdur-Rahman Ahmad by MrIcredible: 5:00pm On Jan 15, 2017
swtdrms:

You are not a muslim stop the Bleep and stop the lies. Besides did you read the article?

Why should we allow religion to be used in scamming people.
Mumu
Come and turn me into another religion na

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Car Almost Smashed By Electric Pole In Rivers: 'Supernatural Force Pushed Away' / Pastor Elis Apologizes For Groping Ariana Grande's Boobs At Aretha's Funeral / The type of wedding ceremony most acceptable by GOD.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.