Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,812 members, 7,820,873 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 11:53 PM

Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) (25162 Views)

Osinbajo And President Macron Of France At G7 Summit (Photo) / Photos Of President Buhari At Africa-france Summit In Mali / President Buhari Arrives Bamako For African-France Summit (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Olu317(m): 6:15pm On Jan 16, 2017
cbrass:

Proof pls
over thirty (30+) countries in the world have Yoruba descendants as citizens either for greener pastures or as proper citizens

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Seanjay(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
there are some people like that and it depends on ideals , there are christains with that ideal too

It rare amongst the Christian my dad is a pastor and my sisters married Muslims and he never dispute it

2 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Olu317(m): 6:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mckennedy:

Why not BBC yoruba? Anyway source?
BBC YORUBA WILL BE LAUNCHED 2017 AND OTHER LANGUAGES AS WELL .MILITARY REGIME IN THE 80S DID HAVOC TO YORUBA LANGUAGE THEN WHEN HAUSA LANGUAGE WAS GIVEN PREFERENCE OVER YORUBA LANGUAGE. YET IN THE AMERICAS .WE HAVE COUNTRIES HAVING YORUBA DESCENDANTS AS CITIZENS WITHOUT HAUSA KNOWN DESCENDANTS OR LANGUAGE AFFINITY.

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Olu317(m): 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
Mckennedy:

Why not BBC yoruba? Anyway source?
BBC YORUBA WILL BE LAUNCHED 2017 AND OTHER LANGUAGES AS WELL .MILITARY REGIME IN THE 80S DID HAVOC TO YORUBA LANGUAGE THEN WHEN HAUSA LANGUAGE WAS GIVEN PREFERENCE OVER YORUBA LANGUAGE. YET IN THE AMERICAS .WE HAVE COUNTRIES HAVING YORUBA DESCENDANTS AS CITIZENS WITHOUT HAUSA KNOWN DESCENDANTS OR LANGUAGE AFFINITY. cool

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by ImperialYoruba: 7:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
Politicians and kings are deceitful people who will do anything to gain support even if it means trampling on their religion.

The people whom you mentioned are not true Muslims, that's why they disregarded the Quran instruction below.

Quran (5:51)-

"O you who believe! do not take the JEWS and the CHRISTIANS for friends; they are friends of each other; and whoever amongst you takes them for a friend, then surely he is one of them; surely Allah does not guide the unjust people."

48:29
Muhammad is the Messenger of Allah, and those who are with him are HARSH against disbelievers, and merciful among themselves

Sahih Muslim (2167)-

"Allah's Messenger said: Do Not greet the Jews and the CHRISTIANS before they greet youand when you meet any one of them on the roads FORCE him to go to the narrowest part of it."

Like this Ibo here trampling Christianity infront of Seriki Musulumi. Right?

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by ImperialYoruba: 7:16pm On Jan 16, 2017
MENELIK1:

Oga, you a red mud jew, you study Islam in South west and you still have problem with tolerance! For your information, check this out from today in Yoruba land: The percentage of Yoruba Muslim Men with Christian wives and compare it with Yoruba Christian Men with Muslim wives, then you will understand that tolerance is in practice and not hiding behind keyboard somewhere to spread falsehood.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by ImperialYoruba: 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
Eledan:
AbdulFatah Ahmed is married to Deaconess Omolewa Ahmed, a strong practicing Christian married to a very strong Muslim. That can ONLY happen among the Yorubas,

....and that's in Kwara,the Yoruba state with the highest Muslim population.

Shame to yanmiri. No pity on you when Hausa start cutting you to pieces like they always done..

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by phillippiano(m): 7:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
ChessEnthusiast:

so many ills Islam has brought to Yoruba land through our Muslim brothers. I have noticed that most of them are apologist of those violent and marauding northerners who offer nothing but Boko Haram, child marriage, extremism etc
Truth is bitter.
I dey tell you bro. A good look at all the motor parks in Yoruba land, all the owoda boys and those smoking weed and all sorts of nefarious activities are 95% Muslim. Including schools drop outs turn okadariders . Not trying to be a religious bigot but that is just the hard truth!

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by ChessEnthusiast: 7:21pm On Jan 16, 2017
phillippiano:
I dey tell you bro. A good look at all the motor parks in Yoruba land, all the owoda boys and those smoking weed and all sorts of nefarious activities are 95% Muslim. Including schools drop outs turn okadariders . Not trying to be a religious bigot but that is just the hard truth!
Takr a look at front page and you'll see that the Two bad news that put Yoruba in a bad light had involved two Moslems. Both the literate and illiterate give birth uncontrollably like their Northern fellow. I'm an atheist but I'll choose to relate with a Christian anytime.
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Mckennedy: 5:55am On Jan 17, 2017
Olu317:
BBC YORUBA WILL BE LAUNCHED 2017 AND OTHER LANGUAGES AS WELL .MILITARY REGIME IN THE 80S DID HAVOC TO YORUBA LANGUAGE THEN WHEN HAUSA LANGUAGE WAS GIVEN PREFERENCE OVER YORUBA LANGUAGE. YET IN THE AMERICAS .WE HAVE COUNTRIES HAVING YORUBA DESCENDANTS AS CITIZENS WITHOUT HAUSA KNOWN DESCENDANTS OR LANGUAGE AFFINITY. cool

Source?
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Mckennedy: 5:56am On Jan 17, 2017
sarrki:

You should be proud of this
Proud of what??, a language I don't hear nor understand?
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Olu317(m): 7:03am On Jan 17, 2017
Mckennedy:

Source?
google BBC on new language services.It is the simplest to do. Proof me correct on this and not wrong! cool.Trust me or not,yoruba ethnicity is the most researched ethnicity in the world. Many finding still going on ,who they are,how they developed during iron age, their religious beliefs, the worship of skull of dead kings, beliefs of being called divine people from heaven, how they have knowledge of Supreme God,how they were organised as a kingdoms with such tremendous population in the ancient times ,yet one of the kingdom was seen as the Holy land which non should fight against while one led militarily without chaotic situation for centuries etc. All these were only features of the phonecians/egyptians/Semites etc

4 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by proudlyYoruba(m): 9:03am On Jan 17, 2017
Seanjay:

It rare amongst the Christian my dad is a pastor and my sisters married Muslims and he never dispute it
my aunt married a christain, and now she is a christain, she goes to the church and she will be told if you don't accept jesus as your savior you will go to hell that means are going to hell, likewise when I go to sermons. The point here is I can't allow a woman I love to go to a place where I believe she will be doomed, likewise you won't allow ur own sisters go to where they will be doomed. Unless she can convert.
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Seanjay(m): 9:05am On Jan 17, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
my aunt married a christain, and now she is a christain, she goes to the church and she will be told if you don't accept jesus as your savior you will go to hell that means are going to hell, likewise when I go to sermons. The point here is I can't allow a woman I love to go to a place where I believe she will be doomed, likewise you won't allow ur own sisters go to where they will be doomed. Unless she can convert.

What is doom in Christian and Muslim ? It religions of God, they are both preaching the way of holiness, so what is doom in that ? So now if a Christian turn Muslim he or she is doomed or if a Muslim turn Christian he or she is doomed abi? I think you are mixing it up
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by proudlyYoruba(m): 9:10am On Jan 17, 2017
Seanjay:

What is doom in Christian and Muslim ? It religions in God so what is doom in that ?
ur religion said if I don't accept jesus as my savior I go to hell, my religion said if you don't accept muhammad as a prophet you go to hell. And hell fire is not a place of enjoyment I think it is a place of agony. Bro, don't mind enjoy ur life
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by proudlyYoruba(m): 9:13am On Jan 17, 2017
Seanjay:

What is doom in Christian and Muslim ? It religions of God, they are both preaching the way of holiness, so what is doom in that ? So now if a Christian turn Muslim he or she is doomed or if a Muslim turn Christian he or she is doomed abi? I think you are mixing it up
every religion preaches holiness, buddhaism, hinduism, judaism and even our very own traditional religion. You get that and you and I believe this people worship idols.
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by JBismarck(m): 10:24am On Jan 17, 2017
alBHAGDADI:
You Muslim Yorubas are the ones giving the Yoruba tribe a bad name. You are the dirty ones and most illiterate of them. Your Islamic polygamous nature is the reason why your brothers are mostly motor park touts (agbero) who bear names like ganiyu, taju, mukaila, semiu, sule, Ismaila etc. The female ones are the paraga sellers and dirty girls that make other tribes laugh at the Yorubas. Take away Islam from SW and see how the region will flourish.

Am glad that the Igbos Now know the difference by seeing that the enemy is the Islamic Yorubas and not the Christians. That's why they always call you Afonja aka a sell out who won't mind killing all the yoruba Christians for his Hausa muslim masters.

It's so sad that you are proud to call yourself a denigrating name- Afonja

Nice try bro. But, believe me, it didn't work. Yorubas don't relate with one another based on religion hence the almost non-existence of religious tension in the SW. Your divisive strategy cannot weaken a bond that cut across religious divides which is over 2 centuries old.

Who tells you by removing Muslim Yorubas is a guarantee for exponential development in the SW? That's a fallacy. Okay, where is the development in the SE that is predominantly Christian?

3 Likes

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Olu317(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2017
JBismarck:

Nice try bro. But, believe me, it didn't work. Yorubas don't relate with one another based on religion hence the almost non-existence of religious tension in the SW. Your divisive strategy cannot weaken a bond that cut across religious divides which is over 2 centuries old.

Who tells you by removing Muslim Yorubas is a guarantee for exponential development in the SW? That's a fallacy. Okay, where is the development in the SE that is predominantly Christian?
let people like alBHAGDHADI continue to whimp up hatred but it is not for us YORUBAS.Let them shout from early hours of the day till infinity, it is their cup of tea. Yoruba think of family, friendship and love ABOVE all. We do disagree among ourselves but not to death. We do not interchange money for Elder's respect. They are the ones that place wealth over Eleder's respect. Yoruba nation forever.

1 Like

Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Seanjay(m): 8:17pm On Jan 17, 2017
proudlyYoruba:
ur religion said if I don't accept jesus as my savior I go to hell, my religion said if you don't accept muhammad as a prophet you go to hell. And hell fire is not a place of enjoyment I think it is a place of agony. Bro, don't mind enjoy ur life

I think you are misinterpreting bible didn't say until you accept Jesus as your lord your savior before you can make heaven it say just be righteous and don't be evil or do bad thing to other that's the holiness am talking about and even bible record that Enoch was the first person in heaven even before Jesus came so you don't have to accept Jesus as your savior before you make heaven just be holy and righteous, even Jesus didn't preach any religion he only preach holiness that's all, Jesus is not chrtistian neither was he a Muslim
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:34pm On Jan 17, 2017
Seanjay:

I think you are misinterpreting bible didn't say until you accept Jesus as your lord your savior before you can make heaven it say just be righteous and don't be evil or do bad thing to other that's the holiness am talking about and even bible record that Enoch was the first person in heaven even before Jesus came so you don't have to accept Jesus as your savior before you make heaven just be holy and righteous, even Jesus didn't preach any religion he only preach holiness that's all, Jesus is not chrtistian neither was he a Muslim
ok
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by proudlyYoruba(m): 8:40pm On Jan 17, 2017
ImperialYoruba:

Like this Ibo here trampling Christianity infront of Seriki Musulumi. Right?
so you expect him to give him a slapshake. Even if he is in front of ooni he can't shake he will prostrate, so what is the big deal in shaking hands and bowing when obj prostrates himself
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Mckennedy: 9:37pm On Jan 17, 2017
Olu317:
google BBC on new language services.It is the simplest to do. Proof me correct on this and not wrong! cool.Trust me or not,yoruba ethnicity is the most researched ethnicity in the world. Many finding still going on ,who they are,how they developed during iron age, their religious beliefs, the worship of skull of dead kings, beliefs of being called divine people from heaven, how they have knowledge of Supreme God,how they were organised as a kingdoms with such tremendous population in the ancient times ,yet one of the kingdom was seen as the Holy land which non should fight against while one led militarily without chaotic situation for centuries etc. All these were only features of the phonecians/egyptians/Semites etc

TRASH....I ASKED SOURCE? NOT LONG STORIES...
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Olu317(m): 10:01pm On Jan 17, 2017
Mckennedy:

TRASH....I ASKED SOURCE? NOT LONG STORIES...
on your own f you ain't ready to google the aforementioned to verify authenticity of my information.
Re: Yoruba Language Used To Welcome Dignitaries At The Africa-France Summit (Photo) by Mckennedy: 10:09pm On Jan 17, 2017
Olu317:
on your own f you ain't ready to google the aforementioned to verify authenticity of my information.

Google yoruba and see yourself.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Politicians Hire Marabouts, Pastors To Pray For Buhari’s Death: Lauretta Onochie / Protesters Scream At Nigerian Policemen: "Shame On You For Raping Women"(video) / Army Denies 'Killing & Secret Burial Of 1000 Nigerian Soldiers'

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.