Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,658 members, 7,820,297 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:43 PM

Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? (2913 Views)

Is It So Impossible To Forgive A Girlfriend That Cheated? / Man Welcomes Cheating Girlfriend At The Airport In Melbourne With A Placard / Man Proposes To Cheating Girlfriend, Brings Along The Guy She’s Cheating With (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by adrainuche(m): 9:02am On Jan 16, 2017
Heres my previous thread from 2015 you lot adviced me and most of it was true .....

https://www.nairaland.com/2298655/it-apopriate-one-place-gf

So i was in a LDR for a while and when i came back to Nigeria In 2015 i figured that my GF has been cheating on me i wouldnt say i dint do the same tho anyways that aside, we broke up in a very dramatic manner her parents knew what she had been doing and they where alot of mayhem since both families knew we where dating ... Apart from that the guy she was sleeping with was my friend on facebook and he kinda sent me a very nasty mesaage lets live that aside....

Fastforward 18 months later she has been pleading with me to take her back i kinda feel may be shes in finicial difficulties she ones said shes sorry and i quote her " Nothing dey Outside" and i feel she means that the grass isnt greener at the other side... I dont even know if i love her enough to take her back and i dont want to start any family feud her friends are begging me to forgive her including her mum and her dad .... had never been in a LDR since the last try was a failure i wouldnt want to repeat such ever in my life...

Honestly i dont believe in forgivness am this kinda person that will go out of my way to make someone i care about happy but once the trust is broken its done ... she has literally been begging me for several months ... However i will be going back to Nigeria now am done with school to start my NYSC and resolve other personal matters (my entire family are about to relocate)... Shes insisting that we can give it a new start and blame her infedility on LDR and she said i also cheated on her but in all honesty i cant get if of my head imagining her sleeping with that GUY i know i sound hypocritical and its several months i ought to have forgiven her and forgotten about it but i cant...

So my question !!! is it ever possible for a man to forgive a cheating partner i know if it was me she would have forgiven me have insulted her maulled her am sure it was some of the insults that even made d guy she was cheating on me sent me a nasty message which wasnt any of his business ... Anytime i think about it i get bitter i decided to take a break from relationship and focus on myself and i feel have been doing better taking her back feels like a burden sometimes she just feels like a liablity to me or an hindrance am really confuse ... She say she has changed but i feel old dogs dont learn new tricks i feel like forgiving her because i know i myself am neither a saint ... Am in a battle with my coincence and pride...
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by pasqal09: 9:55am On Jan 16, 2017
Is it ever possible to mend a broken glass?

Dear OP. You might be able to forgive her but you can never ever trust her.

So the question is this, can u still continue the relationship without trust?

1 Like

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Kimberlylouis(f): 10:08am On Jan 16, 2017
honestly I really tink men go tru a lot whn bin cheated on! n lyk dey say, men cheat jst 4 dat physical need at d moment but we ladies mostly cheat 4 love n affection! my brothers gf cheated on him smtym ago and he went tru hell lyk always sad n crying! but he took her bak because d grl persisted n begged her lyf out lol! m sure he hasnt 4gotten about it because he still says a tin or two about it nd I tink he finally will 4get it but dats his business! love conquers all finally! if u kno u really love her I'd say u chill a lil cos ur anger myt b blocking ur emotions 4 now! she myt b really sorry n hav learnt her lessons shaa nd if u kno u already hav smone else jst let her go n dont take her back! but d choice is urs finally...

2 Likes

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by adrainuche(m): 1:29pm On Jan 16, 2017
pasqal09:
Is it ever possible to mend a broken glass?

Dear OP. You might be able to forgive her but you can never ever trust her.

So the question is this, can u still continue the relationship without trust?

Youre right
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by adrainuche(m): 1:30pm On Jan 16, 2017
Kimberlylouis:
honestly I really tink men go tru a lot whn bin cheated on! n lyk dey say, men cheat jst 4 dat physical need at d moment but we ladies mostly cheat 4 love n affection! my brothers gf cheated on him smtym ago and he went tru hell lyk always sad n crying! but he took her bak because d grl persisted n begged her lyf out lol! m sure he hasnt 4gotten about it because he still says a tin or two about it nd I tink he finally will 4get it but dats his business! love conquers all finally! if u kno u really love her I'd say u chill a lil cos ur anger myt b blocking ur emotions 4 now! she myt b really sorry n hav learnt her lessons shaa nd if u kno u already hav smone else jst let her go n dont take her back! but d choice is urs finally...

Its a difficult decision

1 Like

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by enuk80(m): 3:17pm On Jan 16, 2017
I its very hard..even though you forgive her, that trust is broken..you can never trust her again...I have been battling with my thought for some months now about my girlfriend who cheated behind my back with different guys..I love her so much and i decided to move on but its not easy moving on because each time I remember what she did, I am emotionally down..I tried to forgive her so we can start all over again but I must say i have hurt myself more because d trust is not there anymore even though d feeling is still there big time....I am d one who feels more pain because d girl I want to start a life with again is not showing any sign of remorse for the things she did...for four days now, we are yet to talk to each other and she doesn't care but I am here depress and dejected...I hate being in love cost its just a distraction..I can't think straight..I am trying to let go of her but its really difficult for me...so op, it will be very hard for you to cope with her because d memory of what she did will keep on coming to your mind every seconds...its not good to be too emotional and that is what has been disturbing me and I believe it also distract others who are in love too with their girl...some girls are just too foolish..they play with their future...I wonder why most girls are not always satisfy

1 Like

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by chigoizie7(m): 4:35pm On Jan 16, 2017
Yea, somehow I found out I forgave her, it is not easy though.

Op, it is possible
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Jan 16, 2017
NO!
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by DOUBLEWAHALA: 7:01pm On Jan 16, 2017
l have notin to say

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Cholls(m): 7:18pm On Jan 16, 2017
my brother your decision to make not mine or of anyone where...........circumstances are different.
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by misspicy(f): 7:27pm On Jan 16, 2017
Firstly what is LDR

Secondly you acknowledged you cheated also,so you both cheaters deserve each other but because you are a man the girl has to suffer for her sins while you go Scot free?

What advice are we supposed to give again?

The girl probably have no selfworth,or she is after your money,or she is getting old etc for her to beg you for a relationship

2 Likes

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by rosalieene(f): 7:43pm On Jan 16, 2017
Bet why is it that if a guy cheats he takes it as nothing but if his gf or wife cheats, he makes it a big deal. undecided undecided
Op, since you both cheated on each other, I don't see any reason why you should condemn her. Take it as one of those things. If u still love her, take her back en you both should make amends.
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by adrainuche(m): 8:13pm On Jan 16, 2017
rosalieene:
Bet why is it that if a guy cheats he takes it as nothing but if his gf or wife cheats, he makes it a big deal. undecided undecided
Op, since you both cheated on each other, I don't see any reason why you should condemn her. Take it as one of those things. If u still love her, take her back en you both should make amends.

Its diffrent you wont understand i know i sound hypocritical..
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Johnsown1(m): 12:36am On Jan 17, 2017
Why would she cheat on me. If she truely value our courtship, i would not cheat on ma partner also she should not, cos caught her in the act i may forgive but will not forget, but since u also have skeleton on ur cupboard, u can restart the friendship, she would never cheat on u again
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Greenbullet(m): 12:41am On Jan 17, 2017
adrainuche:

Its a difficult decision
very difficult, lack of trust .
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Nobody: 12:43am On Jan 17, 2017
You acknowledge you did same so it's even. And to your question? Yes! It's possible to forgive a cheating gf that's if you are willing to work on yourself and her.
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by babyfaceafrica: 4:57am On Jan 17, 2017
If I am faithful, why should I forgive an unfaithful partner?
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Nobody: 5:47am On Jan 17, 2017
rosalieene:

are u for real? how old are u
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by bitchcrafts: 6:24am On Jan 17, 2017
If Im dead sure she will forgive me on such grounds as infidelity too, why not?
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by adrainuche(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2017
Are you really sure she would
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 22, 2019
I can forgive her but...its reasonable and Wise not to forget...in case a related scenario comes up again and its good for a man to be prepared for the worse and not to be in a hurry ..I will simply go back eating the pussy with more boldness now that I know there are others who are prepared not to be shy like me..and I will hit the pussy with confidence this time around ...for another comes to take over in the near future!
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by uncjay(m): 5:17pm On Mar 22, 2019
Different strokes for different folks....

Nna enh, see enh you are the one to check yourself properly and make the decision that is best for you. Remember you are no saint yourself, if your emotion can't handle it, it is not reasonable to let her back, you can forgive her still. But if you can handle it, forgive and take her back. A broken trust can be built, yes it will take years to finish building but it can be built. If she's truly remorseful and you sense some changes in her, take her back.
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by TonyeBarcanista(m): 5:30pm On Mar 22, 2019
Forgive her action but let go of her completely!
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by nuggarito: 5:33pm On Mar 22, 2019
What has been bleeped cannot be unbleeped,

Here is my advice for you, You cheated so be it, she cheated, so be it, but I tell you brother you cheated and still feel the same way for her, but she will never remain the same with you. Dump her as soon as possible because a girl will cheat and will not be inlove. She's all into you because you have a prospective future ahead. 99% of the time women cheat is because someone else where is giving them love.

Use your head man. Don't be emotionally blackmailed. A cheater will always cheat especially when you are not around her.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Nobody: 7:21pm On Mar 22, 2019
Cheat vs cheat perfect match na
Re: Male: Is It Possible To Ever Forgive A Cheating Girlfriend ?? by Destiblack(m): 9:05pm On Mar 22, 2019
Bros move on, never say good evening where u ve said good night. forgive her and get married to more educated and beautiful (character and attitude) than her. if you accept her, u will never have peace of mind for life cos u can never trust her with ur hrt,mind and spirit.

(1) (Reply)

A Guy Came To Propose To His Girlfriend But Got This Instead / Men & Lies / Married Men Never Trust Ur Wives 100% To Avoid Dying Young.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.