Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,587 members, 7,823,549 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:34 AM

Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! (3209 Views)

Top 10 + 1 Nigerian Blogs To Watch In 2014 / Nairaland Is The #1 Nigerian Website / Building A Search Engine Like Google (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by worldbest(m): 11:59pm On Dec 03, 2009
Good to see real applications being developed for Nigerians and not the webmaster/client thing most of the webmasters here know best.I'd like to see good competition here.Can you give us a little info on how your SE works, tell us about your crawler, how often do you update your index and how is your file system setup(i'm guessing you are using the traditional mysql, postgre etc,maybe thats why its a bit slow).

How do you intend to capture the Nigerian Market,How do you intend to compete with Google?
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 12:29am On Dec 04, 2009
@Dual Core: You too talk abeg. undecided

@Worldbest: To my knowledge he used Java: JSP and Glassfish
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by worldbest(m): 1:07am On Dec 04, 2009
OK. I wish cole8 good luck
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 11:56am On Dec 04, 2009
mavenbox:

@Dual Core: You too talk abeg. undecided

k that's it, its over angry
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mambenanje(m): 12:25pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Dual Core i guess @ Maven Box is all mine now wink let me try to use cole8 her straight up
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 12:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
yup grin
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 3:27pm On Dec 04, 2009
@mambenanje: You also want some? undecided

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

grin grin grin I am not a terrorist o, I just don't like how you guys are derailing the thread and Dual Core was making it sound like we had something going. Dont let my honeybunny get you, y'hear?

Okay, start over?
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mambenanje(m): 3:31pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Maven box, I know your not a terrorist ooh. but a girl in programming appears pretty to any programmer without even any words, pictures or videos
so whats you number ??
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 3:42pm On Dec 04, 2009
Okay

(removed)

Call the number at your own risk
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mambenanje(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Maven box thats so good to be true. you need to play hard to get before I can take that serious lol
anyway send me the real degits to my mail mambenanje is at afrovisiongroup.com so that cole8 will not reveal your phone number to the world but just to me alone wink
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 3:52pm On Dec 04, 2009
O ye of little faith embarassed

I am removing the number now.
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 6:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
mambenanje:

@Maven box thats so good to be true. you need to play hard to get before I can take that serious lol
anyway send me the real degits to my mail mambenanje
send it in MD5 format.

Maven if u call my name again eh angry
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 8:09pm On Dec 04, 2009
^^^^^^ undecided Can someone tell me what this guy is feeling like or what is eating into him? I thought you said on another thread that you had an illusory rhinoceros-thick skin and nothing gets to you? I don't forget things, you see?
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 8:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
Nothing gets to the core.

No just call ma name again if not. . .

mambenanje come tell this woman o.
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 8:34pm On Dec 04, 2009
Dual Core, go and get a paying job and stop living on NL. LOL. Of course I expect you to reply that you work for yourself, LOL
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mambenanje(m): 8:38pm On Dec 04, 2009
@mavenbox no call dual core eh name ooh and before I typed that she already called your name dual core show ya sef lol
@Mavenbox I am waiting the number with alot of pleasure wink if thats english sef else I will use cole8.com locate all your infos wink
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 8:44pm On Dec 04, 2009
mavenbox:

Of course I expect you to reply that you work for yourself,

And I get a lotta toosh that i have to keep refreshing my bank account's page to monitor the changes in figures.  wink

mavenbox:

Dual Core, go and get a paying job
Heaven knows i'll never again be recieving a pay check from anyone (a boss). God forbid!

mavenbox:

Dual Core,
Fear nor dey catch u o, i say make u nor call ma name again  angry
See I like you o, that's why I havnt done anything to you yet  tongue

Cole8 is gooood!!!  grin
(friggin pipz on this thread be taking the thread adrift)  angry

mambenanje:

@mavenbox no call dual core eh name ooh and before I typed that she already called your name dual core show ya sef lol
@Mavenbox I am waiting the number with alot of pleasure wink if thats english sef else I will use cole8.com locate all your infos wink
I dey wait make she tidy u the number too before i show maself. Bro abeg in the name of anything, in the spirit of opensource no horde her number if she give u o!
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 9:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
LMAO these two guys missed their way to the comedy section.

Mamb0snake: In case you didnt get it the first time, you can never find any info about me on cole8. You have NOTHING on me. Repeat it to yourself in front of the mirror until you believe it.

As for the phone number, I gave you already and now I have removed it. Sorry, you were not fast enough,

DUAL CORE. If you do not want your name to be used, just delete your account and create a new one. Oh, sorry, you cant delete your account. Well, you can change your email to a fictitious one e.g HHJDJjkdkHJHJie8728292@mail.com . The site will lock you out, send an activation email to the wrong email, and as such your account will be lost forever. Then you can create a new account with a name you will answer to. *Hisses* undecided And when I said you should get a paying job, I meant something that will make you answerable to someone, not for the money, but because you sound pathetic and lonely. Sorry about that.

And Dual-Core keeps talking about "doing something to me". Like WHAT? You don't even know NADA about me? Isn't that a rather silly thing to say then?

@Topic: Sorry about these two guys, Dual Core stalked me down here from another thread and now Mambenaje has joined in.

@Moderator: You may lock this thread if you wish, the information has been passed on and the thread seems to be rolling out of control, tongue tongue
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mambenanje(m): 9:11pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Mavenbox thanks ooh. but I guess you be man sef, so I no go hustle your number again wink
thanks for your time
and I wont even bother hitting cole8.com to find you out there, show ya sef

@post I think I wsa doing a good job using cole8 in every message

@Dual core forget her/he wink
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 9:28pm On Dec 04, 2009
^^^ LOL Sour grapes.
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 9:29pm On Dec 04, 2009
cole8 is fantastic

mambenanje:

@Mavenbox thanks ooh. but I guess you be man sef, so I no go hustle your number again wink
thanks for your time
and I wont even bother hitting cole8.com to find you out there, show ya sef

@post I think I wsa doing a good job using cole8 in every message

@Dual core forget her/he wink

the babe na die. shay u sef don dey doubt him gender.  tongue
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 10:00pm On Dec 04, 2009
Lol you're too sensitive.

I said "him gender" to portray the idea tht i was also doubting your gender.
Lets not worry about me and paid jobs, won't change anything.

Cole8 is a nice concept.

BTW, Maven you got any graphics skills?
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 10:09pm On Dec 04, 2009
@Dual Core: I do the GIMP, Photoshop too but my Illustrator and Corel Draw skills are not too good. I do front-end dev in jQuery and CSS.

The cole8 guy was more concerned with simplicity a-la Google, I would have done some interface work for him.
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 10:20pm On Dec 04, 2009
K now we need to talk. can i get to you on yahoo chat?
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by yawatide(f): 10:21pm On Dec 04, 2009
na wa o!  See as post on search engine, on a friday night wen bobos suppose dey club, dey turn into something else  tongue
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 10:24pm On Dec 04, 2009
Why u no dey club? tongue
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mavenbox: 10:25pm On Dec 04, 2009
@yawa-ti-de: LMAO na so, my sister. I'm in tonight cos I am working on a project that is long overdue, I'm using CodeIgniter (a PHP framework I'm new to, just downloaded it few days ago) and it's giving me a slight headache (only interrupted by some NL posts. LOL). Got any pointers for me, boss?

@Dual Core: Sorry I don't chat with strangers  shocked shocked Just kidding. No, I decline.
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by yawatide(f): 10:27pm On Dec 04, 2009
cos I am not the type wink

my point:
If you guys want to do lovey dovey (or lack thereof), take it offline wink

maven:
I hear you. I haven't actually used CI and just when I wanted to, a friend said to dump it in favor of Kohana. Na wa o. Learning shall never end. I have so many books, literally, both physical and electronic, that I am yet to see the cover of not to talk of read.
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by DualCore1: 10:30pm On Dec 04, 2009
k, maven
Re: Ushering In Cole8 Nigeria (collate Nigeria) The #1 Nigerian Search Engine! by mambenanje(m): 9:35am On Dec 05, 2009
@Mavenbox I love Codeigniter and used it for two years till I found kohana,
what will help you more with Codeigniter is here www.codeigniter.com/user_guide
but before you can use the user guide I will advice you read a simple tutorial just cole8 or google "simple blog with codeigniter" when you go through that tutorial any other thing will be like checking out the user guide, reading how its done then you do it

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

6 Reason Why Your Blog Is Not Getting Traffic And How To Get Unlimited Traffic! / Forum Installation Of Smf / My Experience With Hostgator

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.