Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:00 AM

FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. (8026 Views)

Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date / FG Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Declares / Corpse Of Abdulkadir Kure Arrives Niger State From Germany. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by hammerF: 11:49pm On Jan 18, 2017
bolaino:
I want to use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government Of Nigeria to please consider the creation of an Indigenous state comprising solely of both the Urhobo and Isoko States Respectively. as Bayelsa was created. I believe it is within our constitutional rights as Ethnic nationalities with distinct cultural and social roots in this country. to call on the FG to recognize our uniqueness and create a separate state from Delta state compromising of Urhobo and Isoko.

Abeg remove Isoko from that state, we dont want Urhobo domination. Beside we are mixed with Ijaw.

Urhobo will never rule Delta again. Delta state have not recovered from Ibori loot and urhobo domination.

Itsekiri have ruled, now it is Anioma turn, after Anioma it will be Isoko and then Ijaw.

5 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by hammerF: 11:57pm On Jan 18, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:
I support 100%! Ijaws in Delta, Edo and Ondo have been agitating for Toru-ibe state.

Enough is enough

The bolded they make me laugh. How Ijaw take reach Edo sef? i don too here this thing.

Ondo yes we know the Apoi Ijaw and that Itsekiri are ijaw mixed with Illaje in delta.

But Edo, u gat some information to share abi na explaining to do? cheesy
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by hammerF: 11:59pm On Jan 18, 2017
THIS URHOBO PEOPLE ARE GREEDY ABOUT POWER.

2 MINUTE AFTER IBORI RELEASE FROM PRISON IN LONDON, THEY HAVE STARTED FOMENTING PROBLEMS, LEFT, RIGHT AND CENTER, THEY THINK IT IS BUSINESS AS USUAL.

THEY WANT TO RETURN TO CONTINUE THE LOOTING SPHERE. AFTER ANIOMA, ISOKO AND THEN IJAW. EVERYBODY MUST CONTRIBUTE TO DELTA STATE. IT BELONGS TO ALL OF US.

4 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by TonyeBarcanista(m): 2:42am On Jan 19, 2017
hammerF:

The bolded they make me laugh. How Ijaw take reach Edo sef? i don too here this thing.

Ondo yes we know the Apoi Ijaw and that Itsekiri are ijaw mixed with Illaje in delta.

Go find out the ethnicity of the present Edo state first lady and where she hails from in Edo state. No be by noise

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Danielbuyner: 6:10am On Jan 19, 2017
OP you don't have sense

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by HopeAtHand: 8:52am On Jan 19, 2017
bolaino:
Urhobo/Isoko combined together own a lot of landmass in Delta State. but yet we are still made to beg the other smaller tribes on our land for allocation and jobs. it is not right.

Shame shame shame!!!....Shame!!!!.

So your saying the Urhobo can be described as Toyota Camry "big for nothing" car. grin

Just big like that with little clout or influence.. Your people suppose flog you for this insult. grin

Instead of running away from your state, Push the Ijaws into Bayelsa and the Itsekiri into Ondo. Simple. Easy. Problem fixed.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 10:39am On Jan 19, 2017
HopeAtHand:

Shame shame shame!!!....Shame!!!!.

So your saying the Urhobo can be described as Toyota Camry "big for nothing" car. grin

Just big like that with little clout or influence.. Your people suppose flog you for this insult. grin

Instead of running away from your state, Push the Ijaws into Bayelsa and the Itsekiri into Ondo. Simple. Easy. Problem fixed.

Okpari!

Urhobo and Isoko run from Delta State? For who ke?

People when we give land?

E no gel atol...

-Lord
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by hammerF: 2:23pm On Jan 19, 2017
TonyeBarcanista:

Go find out the ethnicity of the present Edo state first lady and where she hails from in Edo state. No be by noise

Yes she is ijaw but no article says the part of Edo she haisl from specifically, which brings us back to my question of ijaw connection to Edo.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 7:30am On Jan 20, 2017
LordAdam7:

Okpari!

Urhobo and Isoko run from Delta State? For who ke?

People when we give land?

E no gel atol...

-Lord
my good sire. my Father Is Isoko From Ozoro Isoko North. and My Mother is Urhobo From Agbara-otor Ughelli North. so I am both from the two Tribes of Isoko and Urhobo. and this Issue is a issue that is close at heart. because I grew up in Warri and I have lived in Delta state for the vast majority of my life. and currently given the circumstances that we are in. Urhobo and Isoko have no choice than to put petty sentiments aside and join hands together to achieve a common goal. ukwuanis are Anioma. they are IBO People and are likely to break away with the Biafrans. and No Isoko Village will go with Biafra. any Isoko Village that makes any move to go with Biafra. we will burn that village down. so Ukwuanis and Kwale etc are with IBO people. Isoko and Urhobo are from Bini. so that is that. already Ijaw and Urhobo are fighting in Udu. and Isokos are not mixed with Ijaws.

6 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 7:54am On Jan 20, 2017
bolaino:
my good sire. my Father Is Isoko From Ozoro Isoko North. and My Mother is Urhobo From Agbara-otor Ughelli North. so I am both from the two Tribes of Isoko and Urhobo. and this Issue is a issue that is close at heart. because I grew up in Warri and I have lived in Delta state for the vast majority of my life. and currently given the circumstances that we are in. Urhobo and Isoko have no choice than to put petty sentiments aside and join hands together to achieve a common goal. ukwuanis are Anioma. they are IBO People and are likely to break away with the Biafrans. and No Isoko Village will go with Biafra. any Isoko Village that makes any move to go with Biafra. we will burn that village down. so Ukwuanis and Kwale etc are with IBO people. Isoko and Urhobo are from Bini. so that is that. already Ijaw and Urhobo are fighting in Udu. and Isokos are not mixed with Ijaws.

Some Isoko villages had cultural influences from these Igboid groups. Study the Isoko history. Not all of us came from Bini. So you can't go threatening Isoko people who have Igboid ties that they'd exterminated. I don't know any Isoko community that would want to go with Biafra but statements like the one you made stoke animosity within the Isoko nation.

To the best of my knowledge, Isokos do not get into fights between any of the big 4; and there have been many such fights since the biggest in '99. So the Urhobos should maintain their ground. Udu is Urhoboland and I'm sure the Urhobos would have the upper hand.

The Isokos are not cowardly, but since you are mixed this should come from a full-blood; the Isokos typically maintain a non-alignment inter-ethnic policy with any of the big 4. We've defended our territory with fervor, but no tribe including the Urhobos can call us brothers-in-arms. The current Udu crises is a strictly Urhobo-Ijaw affair. The same way the Itsekiris would not join in, is same way the Isokos would not join in but prevent any spill-overs to Isoko villages. If you guys are looking for mercenaries, that is another topic altogether.

That is perhaps the strongest indication that the Isoko see themselves as ethnically distinct from Urhobo.

The Urhobos are worried about the rising influence of Ijaws, and want to maintain supremacy in Delta. It's times like this that the UPU will start playing the united Urhobo tune. When it's time to share the spoils, they'd remember the IDU represents a different ethnic group.

If the Urhobos were wise, they'd extend an olive branch to Delta North and all the igboid groups, and also to Isokos. Form a power bloc, then pitch the Ijaws and Itsekiris against each other (them no like themselves); so that either tribes will have to pay homage to the Urhobos before they get anything significant in Delta.

But no, you guys are going about it the wrong way trying to fight people who unlike before now have considerable military advantage. Times are changing, and the sooner the Urhobos realize it, the better for them. Before Delta will become a mini-Nigeria where the majority ethnicities Urhobo-Isoko-Anioma are ruled by the smaller Ijaw-Itsekiri people.

Don't say it can't happen, it started happening after Uduaghan got second term. Okowa is just a figure-head currently to satisfy the Anioma people. Na Ijaw dey rule now. And na them go continue in 2023. And after that, put another ethnicity as figure-head governor while they pull the strings in the background.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bishopkay: 9:24am On Jan 20, 2017
LordAdam7:

Some Isoko villages had cultural influences from these Igboid groups. Study the Isoko history. Not all of us came from Bini. So you can't go threatening Isoko people who have Igboid ties that they'd exterminated. I don't know any Isoko community that would want to go with Biafra but statements like the one you made stoke animosity within the Isoko nation.

To the best of my knowledge, Isokos do not get into fights between any of the big 4; and there have been many such fights since the biggest in '99. So the Urhobos should maintain their ground. Udu is Urhoboland and I'm sure the Urhobos would have the upper hand.

The Isokos are not cowardly, but since you are mixed this should come from a full-blood; the Isokos typically maintain a non-alignment inter-ethnic policy with any of the big 4. We've defended our territory with fervor, but no tribe including the Urhobos can call us brothers-in-arms. The current Udu crises is a strictly Urhobo-Ijaw affair. The same way the Itsekiris would not join in, is same way the Isokos would not join in but prevent any spill-overs to Isoko villages. If you guys are looking for mercenaries, that is another topic altogether.

That is perhaps the strongest indication that the Isoko see themselves as ethnically distinct from Urhobo.

The Urhobos are worried about the rising influence of Ijaws, and want to maintain supremacy in Delta. It's times like this that the UPU will start playing the united Urhobo tune. When it's time to share the spoils, they'd remember the IDU represents a different ethnic group.

If the Urhobos were wise, they'd extend an olive branch to Delta North and all the igboid groups, and also to Isokos. Form a power bloc, then pitch the Ijaws and Itsekiris against each other (them no like themselves); so that either tribes will have to pay homage to the Urhobos before they get anything significant in Delta.

But no, you guys are going about it the wrong way trying to fight people who unlike before now have considerable military advantage. Times are changing, and the sooner the Urhobos realize it, the better for them. Before Delta will become a mini-Nigeria where the majority ethnicities Urhobo-Isoko-Anioma are ruled by the smaller Ijaw-Itsekiri people.

Don't say it can't happen, it started happening after Uduaghan got second term. Okowa is just a figure-head currently to satisfy the Anioma people. Na Ijaw dey rule now. And na them go continue in 2023. And after that, put another ethnicity as figure-head governor while they pull the strings in the background.

-Lord

I can't agree less with you my brother. Uhrobos and Isokos are their own problems. Do you really think only anioma and ijaw could poll out votes for okowa to be there? These people use the divide and rule tactics on us and always win. Hence we'd leave our own, and go working for them.

We have sell outs in the Uhrobo nation. Saboteurs in exalted positions (Ibori was one; in fact he started it)

Since 2007,PDP has never won governorship elections in that state but the saboteurs amongst us, na them go still carry thugs come disrupt elections when suppose favour their own.
Until we get rid of greed especially among our Ovies and these saboteurs UPU comes to mind, we would remain in the political wilderness despite having the majority clout in Delta State.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 10:36am On Jan 20, 2017
bishopkay:

I can't agree less with you my brother. Uhrobos and Isokos are their own problems. Do you really think only anioma and ijaw could poll out votes for okowa to be there? These people use the divide and rule tactics on us and always win. Hence we'd leave our own, and go working for them.

We have sell outs in the Uhrobo nation. Saboteurs in exalted positions (Ibori was one; in fact he started it)

Since 2007,PDP has never won governorship elections in that state but the saboteurs amongst us, na them go still carry thugs come disrupt elections when suppose favour their own.
Until we get rid of greed especially among our Ovies and these saboteurs UPU comes to mind, we would remain in the political wilderness despite having the majority clout in Delta State.

Oza mk them roll one stout for you.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 1:10pm On Jan 20, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord
you are wise person. good sire. but the issue has gone deeper than the way it looks presently. but you raised good points. thank you.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 1:51pm On Jan 20, 2017
PDJT:

3 - 6 million?
That's quite a large number capable of being a nation on its own. I mean in Europe, you have nations that are less than a million(Iceland - about 333k, Liechtenstein - less than 40k, Republic of San Marino - about 33k).
And you believe the foolish statement, what is the entire population of Delta State? Urhobo is not up to 1million let alone Isoko. Sapele is an Urhobo town with 40% of the population belonging to Ijaw, Itsekiri and Igbo; Ughelli 40% is non Urhobo out of which 10% is Ijaw and the fool is talking about Isoko. Burutu local government is bigger than the two Isoko local government areas put together

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 1:57pm On Jan 20, 2017
bishopkay:

Some of you talk nonsense, Delta North and the ijaws alliance will always triumph against Urhobo and Isoko. The voting strength in Ughelli, sapele and Abraka is always divided because non Urhobo are almost 30% but the reverse is the case amongst the Ijaw land where they always give a bulk vote to 1 candidate.

Until Urhobo stop this ethnic card, u guys might not smell that seat again.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bishopkay: 2:48pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tinubutoto:

Some of you talk nonsense, Delta North and the ijaws alliance will always triumph against Urhobo and Isoko. The voting strength in Ughelli, sapele and Abraka is always divided because non Urhobo are almost 30% but the reverse is the case amongst the Ijaw land where they always give a bulk vote to 1 candidate.

Until Urhobo stop this ethnic card, u guys might not smell that seat again.

U see how you wan just fool urself here? Voting strength is always divided coz non Uhrobos are more bla bla bla.
The areas you mentioned are major Uhrobo strongholds no doubt. Votes here are scattered no doubt but that's coz of the saboteurs within our ranks.

We are not playing ethnic cards but if the Uhrobos can unite, u Ijaws won't smell that seat again talk less of Anioma people. Pepper never pepper finish Na Egusi? SMH

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by PDJT: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tinubutoto:

And you believe the foolish statement, what is the entire population of Delta State? Urhobo is not up to 1million let alone Isoko. Sapele is an Urhobo town with 40% of the population belonging to Ijaw, Itsekiri and Igbo; Ughelli 40% is non Urhobo out of which 10% is Ijaw and the fool is talking about Isoko. Burutu local government is bigger than the two Isoko local government areas put together

Believe is over-stretching it.
I understand it's a wild guess, just like your own percentage postulations.

My point is that they should be more ambitious than requesting for a state.

Personally, I have never met anyone from Isoko.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
PDJT:

Believe is over-stretching it.
I understand it's a wild guess, just like your own percentage postulations.

My point is that they should be more ambitious than requesting for a state.

Personally, I have never met anyone from Isoko.
Burutu is the only local government in Delta State that produces a Representative member, every other local government is usual 3 to 1 or 2 to 1. Tell me the local government area in Delta State that is as big as Burutu, an Ijaw local government area.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2017
hammerF:

My maternal grand mother is from Edo Ijaw, Ajakoroama to be precise.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 3:17pm On Jan 20, 2017
hammerF:

Yes she is ijaw but no article says the part of Edo she haisl from specifically, which brings us back to my question of ijaw connection to Edo.
Ijaws are found in Ovia South East and South West, there are 3 Ijaw clans in Edo State. The Ijaws in Edo are more than that of Ondo State
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by zendy: 3:20pm On Jan 20, 2017
bolaino:
Urhobo/Isoko combined together own a lot of landmass in Delta State. but yet we are still made to beg the other smaller tribes on our land for allocation and jobs. it is not right.

States are not based on landmass, they are based on population. What is the population of Urohbo/Isoko? If they are not at least 2 million, the chances of a state dont exist.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 3:37pm On Jan 20, 2017
zendy:

States are not based on landmass, they are based on population. What is the population of Urohbo/Isoko? If they are not at least 2 million, the chances of a state dont exist.
thank you my good Sire. The population of both the Isoko and Urhobo can be put at roughly 5 million or more excluding diasporans of both tribes.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2017
bolaino:
thank you my good Sire. The population of both the Isoko and Urhobo can be put at roughly 5 million or more excluding diasporans of both tribes.
shut up jare, what is the total population of the State? Mind you, the Delta North has the highest number of local government, Urhobo has just 8, Ijaw approximately 4 Isoko 2, Itsekiri 1 1/2 (all together) and u r here making statements that brought no finesse to bear.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by zendy: 4:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
bolaino:

I dont think you understand. We arw not talking about population in diaspora wgen it comes to state creation. What is the population presentky liv8ng 8n Urohbo/Isoko land?
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 4:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tinubutoto:

[s]Until Urhobo stop this ethnic card, u guys might not smell that seat again[/s].

Wetin u tk diz morning?

Look at you accusing Urhobo of using ethnic card?

No one can deny the sacrifices the Ijo nation has made for the ND struggle, but let's make one thing clear, the Urhobos have every right to play the ethnic card.

Urhobo is the largest core ethnic Niger Delta group. The Delta in Niger Delta na Urhobo. Who knew the Ijaws when the country had just four regions with Delta and Edo having one region--the Mid-West Region.

The Ijos in Ondo were firmly under Yoruba rule. The Ijaws in present day Bayelsa and Port Harcourt were licking the asses of the Igbos in the old Eastern region. The Ijos in Mid-West were licking the asses of Urhobos and Binis.

The Urhobos maintained an Iron fist on Delta's rule and played second fiddle only to the Binis (because of ancestral heritage) in the Mid-West and later Bendel state. The first two democratic governors of Delta State are Urhobos. If the Ijos had any clout why did they let Ibori put Uduaghan there instead of an Ijaw man? There was no Ijaw military administrator in Mid-West/Bendel/Delta State's history.

So, I call it an insult for you to come on a public forum and say Urhobos should stop playing the ethnic card? Aside the Fulanis, the Ijaws gained more than any other ethnicity in Nigeria from the splitting of states. This thing the Ijos are doing in Delta, you guys can't try it in Rivers (every governor in Rivers since 1999 have been Igboid), Edo, or Ondo. Na free hand when Urhobo don give una nai cos am.

Hopefully, Urhobos would get their act together before they lose it all completely. If not wetin go make Urhobo 1 tok for Delta, one person wen build house on top water go won challenge. Mtcheww.

-Lord

6 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 4:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tinubutoto:

shut up jare, what is the total population of the State? Mind you, the Delta North has the highest number of local government, Urhobo has just 8, Ijaw approximately 4 Isoko 2, Itsekiri 1 1/2 (all together) and u r here making statements that brought no finesse to bear.

Bros, wetin dey do you?

How you go talk say Ijaw get approximately 4? What is approximately?

Ijaws have 3 core LGAs (Bomadi, Burutu and Patani). Then there are major Ijaw communities in Warri North, South, and South West.

The population in Burutu when you dey raise shoulder for no reach the population of Isoko North.

Urhobo with their 8 local governments get more population pass the Anioma people with their 9 local governments.

Delta Central population is 1.5 million, so your talk about Urhobo not up to 1 million is NONSENSE.

Urhobos have one senatorial district. Aniomas have one senatorial district. Ijaw, Isoko, and Itshekiri share one senatorial district.

So, when Urhobos say kpeem for Delta, Ijaws suppose dey prostrate. Always fomenting trouble everywhere.

-Lord

5 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 4:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
zendy:

I dont think you understand. We arw not talking about population in diaspora wgen it comes to state creation. What is the population presentky liv8ng 8n Urohbo/Isoko land?

Currently, the population in Urhobo and Isoko land combined will cross the 2 million mark.

Check the 2006 population figures of Delta State here -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 6:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
LordAdam7:

Currently, the population in Urhobo and Isoko land combined will cross the 2 million mark.

Check the 2006 population figures of Delta State here -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bishopkay: 6:59pm On Jan 20, 2017
That stupid ijaw boy wen dey say Uhrobos no reach 1million for population so ehn... Thunder go soon tear e mouth.

Go and read or carry arms and stop being a nuisance here.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by hammerF: 7:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
Tinubutoto:

Ijaws are found in Ovia South East and South West, there are 3 Ijaw clans in Edo State. The Ijaws in Edo are more than that of Ondo State

Are they many or just a few villages? Are the Ijaw in Ovia significant? I looked at the map and saw that the area is very close to Delta state border on the west.

The Itsekiri are mixed with ijaw and Ilaje right?
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
bishopkay:
That stupid ijaw boy wen dey say Uhrobos no reach 1million for population so ehn... Thunder go soon tear e mouth.

Go and read or carry arms and stop being a nuisance here.

No mind am.

He no go go carry gun for creek lyk he mate. He wan pour pepper for our eye for matter wen clear like dry gin.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
hammerF:

Are they many or just a few villages? Are the Ijaw in Ovia significant? I looked at the map and saw that the area is very close to Delta state border on the west.

The Itsekiri are mixed with ijaw and Ilaje right?

The Ijos in Edo are like the Isokos in Bayelsa. Small minorities that just happened to be within their current states because of how the boundary commission divided the states. In terms of political clout in their respective states, just forget it.

-Lord

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

See Thickness Of The 8 Lane Road Expansion Going On In Owerri (pictures) / What If We Bring Back The Whites To Nigeria? / Religious Leaders Kick Against Security Levies On Churches, Mosques In Oyo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 127
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.