Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:20 AM

FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. (8027 Views)

Nigerian Presidents/Heads Of State From 1960 Till Date / FG Must Produce Nnamdi Kanu – Ohanaeze Ndigbo Declares / Corpse Of Abdulkadir Kure Arrives Niger State From Germany. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bishopkay: 10:06pm On Jan 20, 2017
LordAdam7:

No mind am.

He no go go carry gun for creek lyk he mate. He wan pour pepper for our eye for matter wen clear like dry gin.

-Lord

I just dey wish say I fit buy u one bottle now. That boy na very yeye boy. Anyways no be their fault. Na our forefathers when give dem and Itsekiri people land nai I blame.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 10:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
LordAdam7:

Bros, wetin dey do you?

How you go talk say Ijaw get approximately 4? What is approximately?

Ijaws have 3 core LGAs (Bomadi, Burutu and Patani). Then there are major Ijaw communities in Warri North, South, and South West.

The population in Burutu when you dey raise shoulder for no reach the population of Isoko North.

Urhobo with their 8 local governments get more population pass the Anioma people with their 9 local governments.

Delta Central population is 1.5 million, so your talk about Urhobo not up to 1 million is NONSENSE.

Urhobos have one senatorial district. Aniomas have one senatorial district. Ijaw, Isoko, and Itshekiri share one senatorial district.

So, when Urhobos say kpeem for Delta, Ijaws suppose dey prostrate. Always fomenting trouble everywhere.

-Lord
u just fooled yourself, for purpose of clarity, let me educate u a bit.

Ijaws have Bomadi, Burutu and Patani.

Warri South West is 55% Ijaw and 44%Itsekiri, Warri North is 60% Itsekiri and 40%Ijaw all in terms of ward. The two Isoko local government voting strength is what, check INEC VOTERS REGISTRATION AND COME BACK HERE

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 6:49am On Jan 21, 2017
Tinubutoto:

u just fooled yourself, for purpose of clarity, let me educate u a bit.

Ijaws have Bomadi, Burutu and Patani.

Warri South West is 55% Ijaw and 44%Itsekiri, Warri North is 60% Itsekiri and 40%Ijaw all in terms of ward. The two Isoko local government voting strength is what, check INEC VOTERS REGISTRATION AND COME BACK HERE

Oga, check population figures from last census here -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State

And e no get how you 1 turn am. The population of Isoko North is more than that of Burutu.

There are Isoko clans outside of the core Isoko LGAs same way there are Ijaw clans outside of the core Ijaw LGAs.

So if you want to talk about the two Isoko LGAs voting strength, compare it directly to the three Ijaw LGAs. The population of the two Isoko lgas is more than the population of the three Ijaw LGAs.

Me I no get talk with you. As bishopkay talk, "Na our forefathers when give dem and Itsekiri people land nai I blame."

Na so Hausa people give Fulani people land, later Fulani start they conquer their hosts. Make una know say, that one no go happen for Delta.

-Lord

3 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 8:14am On Jan 21, 2017
LordAdam7:

Oga, check population figures from last census here -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Delta_State

And e no get how you 1 turn am. The population of Isoko North is more than that of Burutu.

There are Isoko clans outside of the core Isoko LGAs same way there are Ijaw clans outside of the core Ijaw LGAs.

So if you want to talk about the two Isoko LGAs voting strength, compare it directly to the three Ijaw LGAs. The population of the two Isoko lgas is more than the population of the three Ijaw LGAs.

Me I no get talk with you. As bishopkay talk, "Na our forefathers when give dem and Itsekiri people land nai I blame."

Na so Hausa people give Fulani people land, later Fulani start they conquer their hosts. Make una know say, that one no go happen for Delta.

-Lord
very well said.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Nowenuse: 9:05am On Jan 21, 2017
LordAdam7:

Wetin u tk diz morning?

Look at you accusing Urhobo of using ethnic card?

No one can deny the sacrifices the Ijo nation has made for the ND struggle, but let's make one thing clear, the Urhobos have every right to play the ethnic card.

Urhobo is the largest core ethnic Niger Delta group. The Delta in Niger Delta na Urhobo. Who knew the Ijaws when the country had just four regions with Delta and Edo having one region--the Mid-West Region.

The Ijos in Ondo were firmly under Yoruba rule. The Ijaws in present day Bayelsa and Port Harcourt were licking the asses of the Igbos in the old Eastern region. The Ijos in Mid-West were licking the asses of Urhobos and Binis.

The Urhobos maintained an Iron fist on Delta's rule and played second fiddle only to the Binis (because of ancestral heritage) in the Mid-West and later Bendel state. The first two democratic governors of Delta State are Urhobos. If the Ijos had any clout why did they let Ibori put Uduaghan there instead of an Ijaw man? There was no Ijaw military administrator in Mid-West/Bendel/Delta State's history.

So, I call it an insult for you to come on a public forum and say Urhobos should stop playing the ethnic card? Aside the Fulanis, the Ijaws gained more than any other ethnicity in Nigeria from the splitting of states. This thing the Ijos are doing in Delta, you guys can't try it in Rivers (every governor in Rivers since 1999 have been Igboid), Edo, or Ondo. Na free hand when Urhobo don give una nai cos am.

Hopefully, Urhobos would get their act together before they lose it all completely. If not wetin go make Urhobo 1 tok for Delta, one person wen build house on top water go won challenge. Mtcheww.

-Lord

But the ijaws have never produced the governor in Delta state. Why the accusation?
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Nowenuse: 9:08am On Jan 21, 2017
bishopkay:

I just dey wish say I fit buy u one bottle now. That boy na very yeye boy. Anyways no be their fault. Na our forefathers when give dem and Itsekiri people land nai I blame.

Ijaws have been in their present locations about coastal Nigeria before the Urhobos left Benin kingdom as refugees to settle in Delta area.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ijaws have been in their present locations about coastal Nigeria before the Urhobos left Benin kingdom as refugees to settle in Delta area.
I agree partly to this statement.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 11:47am On Jan 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

But the ijaws have never produced the governor in Delta state. Why the accusation?

Oga na small small e dey start.

Now they have the Dep Gov. and SSG seats. This was solely because of their connection to Abuja (specifically between Tompolo and GEJ).

The Ijaws are getting increasingly agitated and with the loads of armory they've amassed in the ND struggle, they feel they can do anything and get away with it. You don't hear about many of the community fights because they are not usually newsworthy. But as bolaino confirms, the frequency is worrying.

Unfortunately, the same gra gra they're doing in Delta, they can't replicate in Ondo, Edo, or Rivers. The Aniomas that are the second largest have never given the other big 4 the trouble that Delta Ijos are infamous for. The question is why always them?

It's a tactic. Foment so much trouble that you threaten violence and others cow to your demands. Exactly the same tactic used by the Fulanis.

If this continues, they'd dethrone the Urhobos as the most formidable ethnic group in Delta State. This mustn't happen. A minority ethnic should not be allowed to lord over a majority. It is unacceptable.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 11:48am On Jan 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

Please, can you commemorate this with facts?

-Lord

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bishopkay: 3:23pm On Jan 21, 2017
Nowenuse:

I don't even have time to educate you. Go trace back your history, and do it very well. Thanks
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 4:05pm On Jan 21, 2017
LordAdam7:

Now they have the Dep Gov. and SSG seats. This was solely because of their connection to Abuja (specifically between Tompolo and GEJ).

The Ijaws are getting increasingly agitated and with the loads of armory they've amassed in the ND struggle, they feel they can do anything and get away with it. You don't hear about many of the community fights because they are not usually newsworthy. But as bolaino confirms, the frequency is worrying.

Unfortunately, the same gra gra they're doing in Delta, they can't replicate in Ondo, Edo, or Rivers. The Aniomas that are the second largest have never given the other big 4 the trouble that Delta Ijos are infamous for. The question is why always them?

It's a tactic. Foment so much trouble that you threaten violence and others cow to your demands. Exactly the same tactic used by the Fulanis.

If this continues, they'd dethrone the Urhobos as the most formidable ethnic group in Delta State. This mustn't happen. A minority ethnic should not be allowed to lord over a majority. It is unacceptable.

-Lord
I said it before that u know nothing about ND. In Rivers, Ijaws. have 11 lgas and if not for Jonathan's election annoyance, Dakuku an Ijaw man would've won Wike. Ijaw has the highest number of local government in Rivers State.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 4:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord
I said it before that u know nothing about ND. In Rivers, Ijaws. have 11 lgas and if not for Jonathan's election annoyance, Dakuku an Ijaw man would've won Wike. Ijaw has the highest number of local government in Rivers State.

It is so shameful that urhobo too will now be competing with ijaw in Nigeria. Na Jonathan's fault
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 6:28pm On Jan 21, 2017
Tinubutoto:

It is so shameful that urhobo too will now be competing with ijaw in Nigeria. Na Jonathan's fault

You guys see the point.

We are talking about Delta State, this one don change am to Nigeria.

Who gives a flying f*ck about Ijaw's population or political sagacity in Rivers. We are talking about Delta. If you guys can't cope with the tenets of democracy stipulating majority rule, which in Delta's case would mean Urhobo superiority, then you all can relocate to Bayelsa or Rivers for all we care.

Or since you've been trying to point out Ijaw significant population in Delta, you guys can ask Clark to agitate for another Ijaw state consisting of Delta Ijos. Or even the tripartite arrangement Barcanista is proposing of a state uniting the Ijos of Delta, Edo, and Ondo, although looking at the map, I wonder how that would be possible.

You guys claim to have the highest number of LGAs in Rivers, yet from 1999 to 2015, not one Ijo man has become a Rivers State governor. But if it is in Delta State, you guys want to claim two of the three top seats in a state with 5 major ethnicities and see nothing wrong in it.

Your greed, arrogance, and outright anti-peace moves are very glaring.

Nonsense! I wonder what you're even doing in an Urhobo/Isoko thread? Them send you?

-Lord

4 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Blue3k(m): 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2017
See the problem with ethnic states? Every group wants a state now. Instead of figuring out why law and order not being carried out they discussong new states. Marginalization cries continue till every group has tiny city state if their own.

2 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by omohayek: 6:54pm On Jan 21, 2017
Blue3k:
See the problem with ethnic states? Every group wants a state now. Instead of figuring out why law and order not being carried out they discussong new states. Marginalization cries continue till every group has tiny city state if their own.
As long as states are mostly supported by federal allocations rather than through taxation of their own citizens, it will make perfect sense for new groups to keep coming forward to ask for their own states, so they can get their own cut of the "national cake". I mean, just look at the following comment I lifted from early in the thread:
Urhobo/Isoko combined together own a lot of landmass in Delta State. but yet we are still made to beg the other smaller tribes on our land for allocation and jobs. it is not right.
The mindset is revealing: for this commenter, the proper function of state government is the sharing out of federal allocation money and civil service jobs!

3 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Blue3k(m): 7:20pm On Jan 21, 2017
omohayek:

As long as states are mostly supported by federal allocations rather than through taxation of their own citizens, it will make perfect sense for new groups to keep coming forward to ask for their own states, so they can get their own cut of the "national cake". I mean, just look at the following comment I lifted from early in the thread:

The mindset is revealing: for this commenter, the proper function of state government is the sharing out of federal allocation money and civil service jobs!

Allocation made every state lazy and uncompetitive. The feeding bottle system makes states subservient to federal government. It's almost as if the framers built the system to fail.

It's also why I see issue with state of origin. It's should be based on residence. After certain amount of time you should become citezen of the other states. With the same right to represent the people of the state you actually live in not the state your anccesestral lands you might not visit. All states should be no man's land instead of weird ethnic state.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by omohayek: 11:07pm On Jan 21, 2017
Blue3k:

Allocation made every state lazy and uncompetitive. The feeding bottle system makes states subservient to federal government. It's almost as if the framers built the system to fail.

It's also why I see issue with state of origin. It's should be based on residence. After certain amount of time you should become citezen of the other states. With the same right to represent the people of the state you actually live in not the state your anccesestral lands you might not visit. All states should be no man's land instead of weird ethnic state.
Unfortunately, I just don't see this ever happening, however nice it might be in theory; just look at the way so many Nigerians behave on forums like this, with endless tribal insults in every discussion, no matter how irrelevant ethnicity is to the topic.

Add in the skewed distribution of migration in the country, along with the intense agitation for secession from the very same source of most of that migration, and there's no chance of residence-based statehood ever taking off. Under the circumstances such a move will simply be regarded as an attempt at ethnic domination by outsiders, a scenario that could set off the sorts of pogroms that caused the 1967 war.

To get rid of the agitation for more states and the obsession with federal allocations, we don't have to go as far as completely removing the link between ethnicity and state of origin. Simply increase the derivation percentage to the 50% it originally was, and pass an amendment to force states to balance their budgets over a certain number of years (e.g. a 5-year cycle). This will quickly show that most states simply aren't viable on the basis of their tax bases alone, which will encourage them to merge into larger and more sensible units.

3 Likes

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Nowenuse: 11:29pm On Jan 21, 2017
LordAdam7:

-Lord

Ijaws are not really mates with the Urhobos. Ijaws have a larger population than the Urhobos, they are also more united for a common cause.
Life or relevance is not about being majority or minority. Fulanis are like the most influential tribe today in not just Nigeria but West Africa. They are more united and resolute in what they do.
Urhobos marrying many wives and giving birth to many children they cannot cater for is not a criteria for them to be the most influential tribe in Delta, far from it!

Can u Urhobos pay the kind of sacrifice the ijaws have paid for the cause, identity and stake for the Niger delta region and struggle in Nigeria? Capital NO! So, just keep quiet okay.
Ijaws are not your mates. They are surely going to produce the next governor of Delta state after Okowa and there is nothing you guys can do about it!
And who told u Ijaws have no say outside Delta? The current governor of Rivers state was put there by an Ijaw woman. Ijaws are now really bigger than governorship level sef.

The Aniomas u claim to be more than are far more educated and enlightened than u guys. See the calibre of people they have produced in the SS. They clearly have the most influential group of people in the SS and they got Delta state capitalship through their influence in high places.
Stay there and keep thinking people will come and worship your black urhobo ass because you breed more children. Far from it!

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Blue3k(m): 2:49am On Jan 22, 2017
omohayek:

Unfortunately, I just don't see this ever happening, however nice it might be in theory; just look at the way so many Nigerians behave on forums like this, with endless tribal insults in every discussion, no matter how irrelevant ethnicity is to the topic.

Add in the skewed distribution of migration in the country, along with the intense agitation for secession from the very same source of most of that migration, and there's no chance of residence-based statehood ever taking off. Under the circumstances such a move will simply be regarded as an attempt at ethnic domination by outsiders, a scenario that could set off the sorts of pogroms that caused the 1967 war.

To get rid of the agitation for more states and the obsession with federal allocations, we don't have to go as far as completely removing the link between ethnicity and state of origin. Simply increase the derivation percentage to the 50% it originally was, and pass an amendment to force states to balance their budgets over a certain number of years (e.g. a 5-year cycle). This will quickly show that most states simply aren't viable on the basis of their tax bases alone, which will encourage them to merge into larger and more sensible units.

Wow my man that's pretty dark picture your painting. All this because people can't build strong institutions that minimize bias towards tribe and creed. Anyway seems unreasonable to fight war with country men over non issue but I'm not insane.

I wouldn't mind having dual origin and resistance based state hood. Since dome people still care. They can naturally have both.

I do disagree correct me if I'm wrong. Let's take my self my state of origin would be Akwa-Ibom if I move and reside in lagos would I be able to vote but not contest. I doubt the who dynamics would change that much.

The end plan I have no opinion on. If federal government doesn't go broke doing it I guess.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Dedetwo(m): 2:59am On Jan 22, 2017
bolaino:
I want to use this medium to appeal to the Federal Government Of Nigeria to please consider the creation of an Indigenous state comprising solely of both the Urhobo and Isoko States Respectively. as Bayelsa was created. I believe it is within our constitutional rights as Ethnic nationalities with distinct cultural and social roots in this country. to call on the FG to recognize our uniqueness and create a separate state from Delta state compromising of Urhobo and Isoko.

This is typical African who would want to destroy other peoples' desire to achieve something but acted to achieve the same thing sought by another group of people in a different form. I guess you have kicked against the idea of Biafra as a republic on this forum.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by omohayek: 8:48am On Jan 22, 2017
Blue3k:

Wow my man that's pretty dark picture your painting. All this because people can't build strong institutions that minimize bias towards tribe and creed. Anyway seems unreasonable to fight war with country men over non issue but I'm not insane.

I wouldn't mind having dual origin and resistance based state hood. Since dome people still care. They can naturally have both.

I do disagree correct me if I'm wrong. Let's take my self my state of origin would be Akwa-Ibom if I move and reside in lagos would I be able to vote but not contest. I doubt the who dynamics would change that much.

The end plan I have no opinion on. If federal government doesn't go broke doing it I guess.
Unfortunately nothing I see from the vast majority of Nigerians encourages me to think they are capable of such cosmopolitanism. Even within supposedly ethnically homogenous states, every election seems to boil down to "it's time for our son", except this time it might be the different sections of a single town or village quarrelling over their "sons", instead of different ethnic groups. Notice how policies never, ever come up in any of the state government elections, only ever "it's our turn" nonsense? In such circumstances, it simply doesn't matter how competent an outsider may be, as long as he isn't the "son" of a faction looking for their turn to "chop".

Sad to say, but the average Nigerian's mindset is fundamentally tribalistic, superstitious, and obsessed with rent-seeking, to the exclusion of any meaningful long-term development. The corruption of the political class is only a true reflection of the nature of the people who elect them.

As for the FG going broke due to changes in the derivation percentage, I don't see how this is a problem! For a supposedly "federal" country, the FG is far too powerful and does far too much. This overcentralization makes it impossible for the states to experiment with different policies in important areas like policing, railways, electricity, preventing them from learning by each others' examples.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 10:51am On Jan 22, 2017
@nowenuse

If you think I'd turn this into a tribalism e-war, you're sadly mistaking.

I've made valid points, and if you're half as intelligent as you are, and not an emotional p.o.s; you'd see that your mouth or hands could pass off as an as* because of how much sh*t is coming out of it.

Now that we've gotten that bit of vituperation out of the way (you did start it with the "Urhobo black ass" reference).

That said, I don't know where you got your education from, but clearly you lack comprehension.

Again I repeat, no one gives a shit about Ijo's influence outside of Delta. In Bayelsa, they can do as they bloody like. But in Delta, Edo, Ondo, or Rivers they have to play ball with the major ethnic group -- Urhobos, Binis, Yoruba, and Igboid groups in Rivers respectively.

Call any independent observer and that's the consensus they will make. Do as you wish in Bayelsa where you guys have the clear majority. Outside Bayelsa you can go Bleep yourself if you don't like the majority group.

Go and tell the Binis that they don't compare to Ijaws and so Ijaws should occupy both Dep Gov and SSG seats in Edo and see whether there will not be Ijo genocide in Edo.

About the fact that you guys can become governor and no one can do anything, I'm sure you remember that Ibori an Urhobo man will have the final say not an inconsequential person like you.

Again you talk about claim. Go and look at the population figures, the Urhobos are more than the Aniomas. It is a FACT not a CLAIM.

The reason Asaba was made a state capital--I do have to educate you because Ijos are generally uneducated even about their own history--was because Babangida's wife Maryam was from Asaba. And when Babangida couldn't give the Aniomas the state they were demanding, he compensated them with the state capital as the second largest ethnic group in the state.

Even till date, everyone knows Warri is the unofficial state capital and Financial capital. So I reckon you're either not a Delta Ijo or you're grossly misinformed. Urhobos own the comedy industry in Nigeria. The Aniomas have given a lot to Nigerian football and economy. Please what have Delta Ijos done to rep Delta State? Blowing up pipes is all you guys can contribute.

Even the Isokos are more educated than Ijaws. Ijaw people no dey go school. You fit b the only graduate for your village (that's if you don graduate sef).

Let me not go further. Every body has been living fine in Delta State together pre 1914 until 1992, that is more than 80 years; with Urhobos at the forefront. Then from no where you guys are making absurd claims and expecting others to be in servitude with a totally dissatisfying attitude. Thunder rape you!

Id*ot!

I don reply you finish. Make una win Udu fight make I c. Nonsense!

-Lord

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by otokx(m): 11:04am On Jan 22, 2017
Lord Adam has won this debate, as a Deltan with Urhobo, Itsekiri and. Isoko links, we don't need any more states out of Delta - our politicians and chiefs need to be sincere and not greedy.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 11:13am On Jan 22, 2017
@omohayek and blue3k. Clashes are bound to happen in an ethnically diverse state like Delta. Even mono-ethnic states still have community fights and rivalry.

The solution is not more states. It's less states in fact and adopting true federalism. It'd transform the rivalries from unhealthy, dark, bloody conflicts to healthy, productive, wealth-creating competition.

When Adaka Boro of blessed memory (an Ijaw man) founded the Niger Delta Struggle, ND was split between the old Eastern Region (Bayelsa, Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom, and Cross Rivers) and the old Western Region (Edo and Delta). It was not an empowerment program for the Ijaws, it was a sacrifice for the people occupying the ND region. And the ND people in the various regions keyed into the initiative.

Even in the 90's when resource control negotiation resurrected, the Ijaws did not have a majority state yet. Still, there were no major conflict of Ijos in any state against majority ethnic groups. Not even in old Rivers where Bayelsa was carved off from.

Every changed in 1996 when Bayelsa was carved out. Then followed the IYC protests in the late 90's and the resultant killings by the Nigerian military after the 13% derivation have been agreed on but the FG was delaying implementation.

It's in that same period, late 90's that Delta State for the first time had a major tripartite ethnic clash recalled as the 99' crisis.

Suddenly, the Ijos wanted prominence in every state they've historically being subservient to majority ethnic groups. Especially in Delta. The fact that Delta has several major groups gave them the leverage to pit friend against foe and come out the victor. Now they're making it seem like being at the forefront of the struggle somehow gives them the right to reign supreme, as if the majority spoils they've gotten from the struggle is not enough.

It's the height of irresponsible greed. They've got the lion share of the spoils, as a very diverse and understanding people in the ND, no ethnic group publicly voiced dissatisfaction about that. Na who work pass dey chop. But to extend that to usurping authority in states where they are not the majority is sacrilege. That is unacceptable.

The solution is true federalism and splitting the country into 4 regions. Of course the Igboid groups and the Ijos will then be more politically relevant in the ND, but then it'd be understandable. And the fact that there'd be unmitigated resource control would mean that no group however small would feel disenfranchised.

Continually splitting the states is making a bad situation worse.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 11:22am On Jan 22, 2017
otokx:
Lord Adam has won this debate, as a Deltan with Urhobo, Itsekiri and. Isoko links, we don't need any more states out of Delta - our politicians and chiefs need to be sincere and not greedy.

True. *Personal information redacted for privacy reasons*

Therefore, it hurts when I see a culturally-rich state like Delta being pulled down by unscrupulous elements due to insincerity and greed.

Even at the top, they all come together. Ibori (an Urhobo man), Tompolo (Ijaw man), Clark (Ijaw man), Uduaghan (Itsekiri), Okowa (Anioma), Leo Ogor (Isoko) are all in one political camp, and these are the people that matter in Delta.

Therefore, there's no reason why we can't all live together in harmony, simply because we hit one small success of 13% derivation. Now no body wants to respect the well-arranged and agreed format we've adopted for more than one century. It's sad.

-Lord
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 11:52am On Jan 22, 2017
LordAdam7:
@nowenuse

If you think I'd turn this into a tribalism e-war, you're sadly mistaking.

I've made valid points, and if you're half as intelligent as you are, and not an emotional p.o.s; you'd see that your mouth or hands could pass off as an as* because of how much sh*t is coming out of it.

Now that we've gotten that bit of vituperation out of the way (you did start it with the "Urhobo black ass" reference).

That said, I don't know where you got your education from, but clearly you lack comprehension.

Again I repeat, no one gives a shit about Ijo's influence outside of Delta. In Bayelsa, they can do as they bloody like. But in Delta, Edo, Ondo, or Rivers they have to play ball with the major ethnic group -- Urhobos, Binis, Yoruba, and Igboid groups in Rivers respectively.

Call any independent observer and that's the consensus they will make. Do as you wish in Bayelsa where you guys have the clear majority. Outside Bayelsa you can go Bleep yourself if you don't like the majority group.

Go and tell the Binis that they don't compare to Ijaws and so Ijaws should occupy both Dep Gov and SSG seats in Edo and see whether there will not be Ijo genocide in Edo.

About the fact that you guys can become governor and no one can do anything, I'm sure you remember that Ibori an Urhobo man will have the final say not an inconsequential person like you.

Again you talk about claim. Go and look at the population figures, the Urhobos are more than the Aniomas. It is a FACT not a CLAIM.

The reason Asaba was made a state capital--I do have to educate you because Ijos are generally uneducated even about their own history--was because Babangida's wife Maryam was from Asaba. And when Babangida couldn't give the Aniomas the state they were demanding, he compensated them with the state capital as the second largest ethnic group in the state.

Even till date, everyone knows Warri is the unofficial state capital and Financial capital. So I reckon you're either not a Delta Ijo or you're grossly misinformed. Urhobos own the comedy industry in Nigeria. The Aniomas have given a lot to Nigerian football and economy. Please what have Delta Ijos done to rep Delta State? Blowing up pipes is all you guys can contribute.

Even the Isokos are more educated than Ijaws. Ijaw people no dey go school. You fit b the only graduate for your village (that's if you don graduate sef).

Let me not go further. Every body has been living fine in Delta State together pre 1914 until 1992, that is more than 80 years; with Urhobos at the forefront. Then from no where you guys are making absurd claims and expecting others to be in servitude with a totally dissatisfying attitude. Thunder rape you!

Id*ot!

I don reply you finish. Make una win Udu fight make I c. Nonsense!

-Lord

I think you are high on Ukwale weed, Urhobo schooled more than Ijaw? Is not your fault, but for the record, let me enlighten you that Ijaws have had the highest number of JSC, JCA, PROFS etc in South South. Have you heard of the Karibi-Whyte family? That is the family with highest JSC, JCA and they are all Ijaws.

Comparing Urhobo to Ijaw educationally is madness taken too far
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 11:56am On Jan 22, 2017
Nowenuse:

Ijaws are not really mates with the Urhobos. Ijaws have a larger population than the Urhobos, they are also more united for a common cause.
Life or relevance is not about being majority or minority. Fulanis are like the most influential tribe today in not just Nigeria but West Africa. They are more united and resolute in what they do.
Urhobos marrying many wives and giving birth to many children they cannot cater for is not a criteria for them to be the most influential tribe in Delta, far from it!

Can u Urhobos pay the kind of sacrifice the ijaws have paid for the cause, identity and stake for the Niger delta region and struggle in Nigeria? Capital NO! So, just keep quiet okay.
Ijaws are not your mates. They are surely going to produce the next governor of Delta state after Okowa and there is nothing you guys can do about it!
And who told u Ijaws have no say outside Delta? The current governor of Rivers state was put there by an Ijaw woman. Ijaws are now really bigger than governorship level sef.

The Aniomas u claim to be more than are far more educated and enlightened than u guys. See the calibre of people they have produced in the SS. They clearly have the most influential group of people in the SS and they got Delta state capitalship through their influence in high places.
Stay there and keep thinking people will come and worship your black urhobo ass because you breed more children. Far from it!
this is why I sincerely want FG to give Urhobo/Isoko a new state. you guys can have Delta. na una get power pass. we hail....
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Tinubutoto: 11:58am On Jan 22, 2017
LordAdam7:

True. Although I'm ethnically Isoko, I was born in Itsekiri land, lived in an Urhobo community, but in the minority Ijaw part of the community (those who know Effurun would know where I'm talking about), and the only local language everyone in the public school I studied in learned as a subject was Urhobo (it was compulsory. Whether you're an Hausa or Ukwani. Even wrote an exam on the subject in Junior WAEC).

Therefore, it hurts when I see a culturally-rich state like Delta being pulled down by unscrupulous elements due to insincerity and greed.

Even at the top, they all come together. Ibori (an Urhobo man), Tompolo (Ijaw man), Clark (Ijaw man), Uduaghan (Itsekiri), Okowa (Anioma), Leo Ogor (Isoko) are all in one political camp, and these are the people that matter in Delta.

Therefore, there's no reason why we can't all live together in harmony, simply because we hit one small success of 13% derivation. Now no body wants to respect the well-arranged and agreed format we've adopted for more than one century. It's sad.

-Lord
Tribal bigot like you, sp*t on your h**d.

Urhobo and Isoko put together is not up to Rivers Ijaw and u r hear ranting. Educationally, call any family in Urhobo land that can match the Karibi-Whytes, the Spiffs, the Alagoas, the Amachrees and I will accept your shallow thinking.
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by bolaino(m): 12:11pm On Jan 22, 2017
LordAdam7:
@omohayek and blue3k. Clashes are bound to happen in an ethnically diverse state like Delta. Even mono-ethnic states still have community fights and rivalry.

The solution is not more states. It's less states in fact and adopting true federalism. It'd transform the rivalries from unhealthy, dark, bloody conflicts to healthy, productive, wealth-creating competition.

When Adaka Boro of blessed memory (an Ijaw man) founded the Niger Delta Struggle, ND was split between the old Eastern Region (Bayelsa, Port Harcourt, Akwa Ibom, and Cross Rivers) and the old Western Region (Edo and Delta). It was not an empowerment program for the Ijaws, it was a sacrifice for the people occupying the ND region. And the ND people in the various regions keyed into the initiative.

Even in the 90's when resource control negotiation resurrected, the Ijaws did not have a majority state yet. Still, there were no major conflict of Ijos in any state against majority ethnic groups. Not even in old Rivers where Bayelsa was carved off from.

Every changed in 1996 when Bayelsa was carved out. Then followed the IYC protests in the late 90's and the resultant killings by the Nigerian military after the 13% derivation have been agreed on but the FG was delaying implementation.

It's in that same period, late 90's that Delta State for the first time had a major tripartite ethnic clash recalled as the 99' crisis.

Suddenly, the Ijos wanted prominence in every state they've historically being subservient to majority ethnic groups. Especially in Delta. The fact that Delta has several major groups gave them the leverage to pit friend against foe and come out the victor. Now they're making it seem like being at the forefront of the struggle somehow gives them the right to reign supreme, as if the majority spoils they've gotten from the struggle is not enough.

It's the height of irresponsible greed. They've got the lion share of the spoils, as a very diverse and understanding people in the ND, no ethnic group publicly voiced dissatisfaction about that. Na who work pass dey chop. But to extend that to usurping authority in states where they are not the majority is sacrilege. That is unacceptable.

The solution is true federalism and splitting the country into 4 regions. Of course the Igboid groups and the Ijos will then be more politically relevant in the ND, but then it'd be understandable. And the fact that there'd be unmitigated resource control would mean that no group however small would feel disenfranchised.

Continually splitting the states is making a bad situation worse.

-Lord
you are a very wise person. not trying to stroke your ego. just stating the fact. and I may not be as educated as you but I know what you are saying is the truthful solution. this country needs to be restructured we might not get our own indigenous state of Urhobo/isoko but we need more autonomy.

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 8:30pm On Jan 22, 2017
Tinubutoto:

I think you are high on Ukwale weed, Urhobo schooled more than Ijaw? Is not your fault, but for the record, let me enlighten you that Ijaws have had the highest number of JSC, JCA, PROFS etc in South South. Have you heard of the Karibi-Whyte family? That is the family with highest JSC, JCA and they are all Ijaws.

Comparing Urhobo to Ijaw educationally is madness taken too far

Is the Karibi-Whyte family from Delta Ijaw?

If you dey find who go cure your madness, better run far.

I no dey reply you again. Madness is contagious.

-Lord
Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by LordAdam7: 8:32pm On Jan 22, 2017
Tinubutoto:

Tribal bigot like you, sp*t on your h**d.

Urhobo and Isoko put together is not up to Rivers Ijaw and u r hear ranting. Educationally, call any family in Urhobo land that can match the Karibi-Whytes, the Spiffs, the Alagoas, the Amachrees and I will accept your shallow thinking.

Oh I see it then, you are Rivers Ijaw.

Tell your brothers in Delta to respect the majority ethnic groups in Delta.

We're talking about Delta State, you are hear ranting about Rivers Ijaw. You are m*d, and you don't have someone to tell you that.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: FG Must Create Urhobo/Isoko State From Delta State. by Oduduwaa: 8:29am On Feb 19, 2017
LordAdam7:

Oh I see it then, you are Rivers Ijaw.

Tell your brothers in Delta to respect the majority ethnic groups in Delta.

We're talking about Delta State, you are hear ranting about Rivers Ijaw. You are m*d, and you don't have someone to tell you that.

-Lord

Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Kwara Holds Open Bid For Renovation Of 31 Public Schools / Ifeanyi Okowa Felicitates With Atiku On His 76th Birthday / Governor Buni Seeks Special Military Intervention For Geidam

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 181
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.