Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,859 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov (2797 Views)

Poll: Can Portsmouth get 3 points?

Yes: 36% (4 votes)
Nope: 63% (7 votes)
They'll share points: 0% (0 votes)
This poll has ended

Manchester United Vs West Ham (3 - 1) On Sat, 21st Dec 2013 / FA Cup: Man United Vs Arsenal [2 -0] On Sat 12th March 2011 / El Clasico: Real Madrid Vs Barca [0 - 2] on Sat, 10th April (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nazzyon(m): 5:55pm On Nov 28, 2009
What a welcome for Avram Grant?
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by vinisky: 5:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

KitKat!!!!!!

That was a brilliant save.
KitKat is better than Foster.

GAME OVER!!!!!!!
wanted to say the same thing shame about foster he blew his opportunity. we won!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 5:59pm On Nov 28, 2009
dayokanu:

David James is England number one I think? He should be very skilled in the act of picking balls from his own net.

He has done it countless times this season already

U chat so much shit.
Where did you see David James on the pitch?
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Cristalz(f): 6:24pm On Nov 28, 2009
Krayola:

what about handballs at the edge of the box,but inside the box. .  unintentional contact, but with stretched hand. Isn't it, ultimately, the ref's discretion?  I'm not saying u have to agree with the call. . .i agreed it is a harsh call. But it is well within the rules of the game and IMO a referee's competence or honesty should not be questioned over such.

No, not harsh. It was wrong. It shoulda been a free kick, not a penalty. That's 'cos Vidic did not impede the player in any way; the tug was so mild. And Vida clearly let go seconds before Piq made his jump.

As for handballs, why do you think we differentiate between ball-to-hand and a deliberately raised hand? 'Cos it's not every time the ball kisses a hand that a penalty is warranted.
It's not always the ref's discretion. . .there are rules. Why should your hand be up in the box or on the edge of the box? You're only asking for trouble.

And I question the linesman's competence 'cos Vida shoulda had a free kick. Brown's foul shoulda been called as well. And of course, the penalty call was wrong.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 7:06pm On Nov 28, 2009
United won.
Nothing extraordinary here.

Waiting for Shrek to get a hat trick against any decent team.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 7:14pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Waiting for Shrek to get a hat trick against any decent team.

Has Drogba scored hatrick against any English opposition in his 5 years here?
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 7:23pm On Nov 28, 2009
^^^^^^
his assistant (NIC) has.
Imagine what Drog can do . . . wink
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 7:31pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

^^^^^^
his assistant (NIC) has.
Imagine what Drog can do . . . wink

Drog is shit compared to Wazza.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 7:37pm On Nov 28, 2009
Blasphemy!!!
Don't start !!!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 7:38pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Blasphemy!!!
Don't start !!!

When Torres came to SB. . . . . .You were shouting on top of your voice he was OUTPLAYED by Drogba, hence Drogba is better.

When Wazza came to the Bridge, did he not OUTPLAY Drogba? So why is Rooney NOT better than Drogba?

U can't keep shifting the post to suit your selfish wet-dreams. cheesy grin
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 7:49pm On Nov 28, 2009
Another Drog vs Rooney debate?

Drog is in his early thirties.
Before Rooney gets to 30, he'll burn out.

We have argued this before.
Drog has a better goal/games ratio.
Drog is more than just a striker, he's a complete footballer.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 7:52pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Another Drog vs Rooney debate?

Drog is in his early thirties.
Before Rooney gets to 30, he'll burn out.

When Rooney gets to 30, come back and have a proper debate.
For now, Rooney is better.

We have argued this before.
Drog has a better goal/games ratio.
Drog is more than just a striker, he's a complete footballer.

Can Drogba play as a winger? grin grin grin grin
Drogba is incomplete.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 7:57pm On Nov 28, 2009
Drog can play as a CF.
A supporting striker.
Even a defender.

What more can you ask of a so called OAP ? cheesy
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 8:00pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Drog can play as a CF.
A supporting striker.
Even a defender.

Wazza can play anywhere upfront, can play on the wings and i have seen him chase down wingers to the depths of HELL.
What he brings to the team is PRICELESS. I was not surprised when Ronaldo begged him to join Real Madrid so he can enjoy his services.

What more can you ask of a so called OAP ? cheesy

Drogba is a brilliant player, almost UNPLAYABLE but he lacks Rooney's energy, verve and panache.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 8:12pm On Nov 28, 2009
~Sauron~:

Wazza can play anywhere upfront, can play on the wings and i have seen him chase down wingers to the depths of HELL.
What he brings to the team is PRICELESS. I was not surprised when Ronaldo begged him to join Real Madrid so he can enjoy his services.

Drogba is a brilliant player, almost UNPLAYABLE but he lacks Rooney's energy, verve and panache.

Rooney is a young man.
He has more pace and verve as should be expected.

Drog is more powerful.
In modern football, that is a required attribute.

Rooney can be marked out in a game.
It'll take 3 Vidic's to mark out the Drog.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 8:14pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

Rooney is a young man.
He has more pace and verve as should be expected.

Drog is more powerful.
In modern football, that is a required attribute.

Rooney is more powerful than Drog. . . .He just doesn't stay in the box waiting for the ball, he goes looking for it.

Rooney can be marked out in a game.
It'll take 3 Vidic's to mark out the Drog.

3 Vidics? Tell us why Drogba is yet to score a league goal against United.
Didn't a 21-year-old Johnny Evans mark Drogba out of the game with a kung-fu to boot?? grin grin grin
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 8:19pm On Nov 28, 2009
Rooney is more powerful than Drog. . . .He just doesn't stay in the box waiting for the ball, he goes looking for it.

I beg to differ.
Drog is the most powerful EPL striker.

That's his best attribute.
He out muscles defenders.

As for pace and finishing, i may give it to Rooney.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 8:23pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

I beg to differ.
Drog is the most powerful EPL striker.

That's his best attribute.
He out muscles defenders.

I didn't see that power against Johnny Evans. . . . .He ate Drogba throughout.

As for pace and finishing, i may give it to Rooney.

True Confession!!!!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 8:32pm On Nov 28, 2009
I didn't see that power against Johnny Evans. . . . .He ate Drogba throughout.

By trying out his kick boxing skills? cheesy

I'll never concede, neither will you.
Lets stick to our opinions.

Drog rules the EPL.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Sauron1: 8:34pm On Nov 28, 2009
BlueDiva:

By trying out his kick boxing skills? cheesy

80 mins had been played before Evans drop-kicked Drogba.
What was Drog doing before the 80th minute?
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 8:37pm On Nov 28, 2009
If you know Drog,
U'll know he comes alive late in the game.

Maybe, Drog will break that jinx at OT.
That will silence all y'all.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by nateevs(m): 11:02pm On Nov 28, 2009
Stood your ground Diva . . .
Props.

You know how Chac is . . .
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Nobody: 7:43am On Nov 29, 2009
Stood your ground Diva . . .
Props.

You know how Chac is . . .

Chac is a funny fellow,
Stuck up in his ways.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by FBS: 8:47am On Nov 30, 2009
Talk Power. . .think Drogba!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Emperoh(m): 9:01am On Nov 30, 2009
Result = Rooney!!!
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by chidi5(m): 2:23pm On Nov 30, 2009
wayooooooooooo.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by chidi5(m): 9:55am On Dec 02, 2009
we should had a bet on it. dats all. cos everyone knew MAU will win.
Re: Portsmouth Vs Man United [1 - 4] On Sat 28th Nov by Mrviktor(m): 3:57pm On Dec 09, 2023
Wow

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Wenger Secretely Sign a Six-footer / Olympiakos Vs Arsenal [1 - 0] On Wed 8th Dec / Everton Vs Chelsea - Fa Cup Fourth Round.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.