Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,038 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:24 AM

CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. (6462 Views)

GCK: The School That Produced President Umaru Yar'adua(pics) / Americanchronicle: Report President Umaru Yar Adua Is Dead------ / President Umaru Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by bjmighty(m): 2:53am On Nov 28, 2009
I don't wish him dead, i wish him quick recovery but the useless man sucks as the president of a country like Nigeria with his unknown health status. Yar'adulla!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by semid4lyfe(m): 6:44am On Nov 28, 2009
Umaru, please hang in there until 2011.

You can do it!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Digriz(m): 8:02am On Nov 28, 2009
@bariga
U made some points in ur first post,jus said my mind.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Spyker: 9:28am On Nov 28, 2009
yeswecan:

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/11/27/nigeria.president/index.html

Thank you ojaree, i actually checked it out on CNN website after reading this piece and posting my reply, so i stand to be corrected.

Yarasick, hold on ooh, na your papa property. Better die as a serving president than an aboki.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by KAYMODE1(m): 9:58am On Nov 28, 2009
@bariga, I totally agree with your first post.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by rells2(m): 10:04am On Nov 28, 2009
How could nigerians have voted in a terminally sick man in the first?From the day he became a presi-thief,he's been a burden to the nation,wasting already down trodden tax payers money to resuscitate him dying sel.

That man being the president of nigeria shows how sick nigeria is as a nation

Why did nigerians accept him?Why should an illegitimate government be legitimate if the people are not sick?

Point of correction, Nigerian people are not sick but Nigerian leaders are. Infact a law and or something like that is been put in place to ensure that anybody contesting for any political ofiice must be mentaly examined and must be certified to be sane and of sound mind. Are you Nigerian? I doubt.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by luvergal: 11:34am On Nov 28, 2009
Really what is the big deal in President Yar'Adua resigning for health reasons? Someone else can take up the "7 Point Agenda" where he left it off, afterall, there should be continuity in governance. tongue

Pastor Tunde Bakare has said it from day one that a sick President CANNOT lead a sick Nation.
He should just resign for the nation to move forward while trusting God for his healing. cry
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by ochukoccna: 12:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
[size=15pt]Make hin die there! grin embarassed After all, na hin 'papa' property. We go count hin bones and 'turban' his junior brother as the new emir [sorry the new presido] seeing his sidekick Jonathan is just a joke.[/size]
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by PupetMasta(m): 3:53pm On Nov 28, 2009
Yaradua get well soon, wishing you a quick recovery, although I don't like you and I think you are a disgrace.

Bariga1 made some good points but Military rule has neva been known to bring prosperity to a country (esp Nigeria), that has been proved by Abacha and his predecessors . I think Nigerians should hang in there or better still make our own change by demanding our politicians be accountable and by also killing the f**kers that think they are above the law.
For those that think Goodluck will be president if he dies, he wont, another Hausa will be handpicked, maybe Governor Isa Yuguda

Someone said Yaradua is the guy keeping Nigeria together, is that true? (I know I should start a new thread but I wont)
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by mamagee3(f): 5:42pm On Nov 28, 2009
He won't leave that seat until he has caused Nigeria many problems. angry
Where is Fashola?, someone should become president. undecided
Before he returns from Saudi Arabia
. grin grin grin grin
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by mccloud224(m): 8:16pm On Nov 28, 2009
@imoyaba

You have been warned.

Discontinue spamming. Do that on other ECOWAS forums NOT HERE! ! !
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by afrika(f): 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hmmmmm

if that man like im sef, make im resign and take care of him self cos, death just dey pursue any way.
before na kidney, now na heart sack.

make the guy step down and help also to save the nigerian economy. there is serious economic meltdown now in the world.

we cant afford to be wasting money in hospitals where by ur village as u are reading is not tarred.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Heffalump(m): 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2009
@bariga
Your post concerning the takeover of the military shows you lack serious sense of humour about the past and democratic wisdom. I've never seen in the whole of Africa where military junta has helped any state to develope. Our present condition in Nigeria has been worsen by past military rule and misrule and we can't afford to retry! It won't work and will never work for us. Democracy is not built in a day, rather it takes years to grow. "The worst democracy is better than any military rule". No sane Nigerian will ever call for the military again after these ugly years of experience with them.
Bariga, can I ask u a good question? Are u in the military or have people in there u expect to grow thru coup de etat? Ur response portrays u as one of those selfish individuals that will not want this country to grow. I rest my case!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by ovo4u(m): 1:28am On Nov 29, 2009
redsun:

How could nigerians have voted in a terminally sick man in the first?From the day he became a presi-thief,he's been a burden to the nation,wasting already down trodden tax payers money to resuscitate him dying sel.

That man being the president of nigeria shows how sick nigeria is as a nation

Nigerian's did vote for him! We are still far from Democracy
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by ib612(m): 2:31am On Nov 29, 2009
No matter what we think should happen, it's very important that we pray for Mr. President in whatever situation he/we find ourselves.

Yes, Nigerians deserve attention from her leader however, we cannot build a nation on falsehood, force and that's what the military stand for if it takes over the leadership of the State.

I know the man will take a decision that will benefit the nation very soon. He knows he's serving the nation and not the other way round and when it appears his state of health will not help the nation move as fast as we need to, surely he'll step aside for the benefit of the nation.

Lastly, it's not a crime in 9ja to refuse to vote. When a large number of people boycott election, you'll be sending a message!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Oluti(m): 3:53am On Nov 29, 2009
Right now any alternative even the detested military will be a welcome relieve to the state of near anarchy we have presently. We don't have a government at the moment because while Yaradua is busy attending to his health problems, the national assembly is busy looting the treasury. Let something happen dear God. Anything but what we presently have.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by phoneworks: 5:40am On Nov 29, 2009
Yar 'dua can not just resign cos he has an unfulfilled vision for this great nation. I pray for the miracle of healing unto him.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Donpuk(m): 9:30am On Nov 29, 2009
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley,,how i love using this funny emoticons in funny threads like this, oya, mr, oh! Alh.Yar'adua, as speaker of peoples parliament Republic of Nairaland,,you are hereby requested to tender your unreserved letter of resignation.And promptly hand over power to Oluwa S.,Osewa,the peoples parliament president, grin grin grin grin reciting:"I PLEDGE" tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by GeorgeD1(m): 12:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
let him continue hanging on.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by vikiviko(m): 3:30pm On Nov 29, 2009
I can only but wish Mr Yar'adua speedy recovery.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by theviper1: 7:02pm On Nov 29, 2009
yardua is not stepping down cos his native doctor in saudi has told him that he will outlive methuselah.so why should he step down when he can run the country from a saudi hospital via his wife (whats her name again)? you havent heard that he is asking for 4 more aircrafts to enable him take of in a hurry to saudi.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by totorimi: 7:23pm On Nov 29, 2009
everyday get set for 2015 CIA's report is appearing to be coming close to reality. The politicians have learnt nothing at all. God save us all
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by mansmith(m): 9:27pm On Nov 29, 2009
my advice to my honourable president is health first then all other things follows
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by shoggy24(m): 3:34am On Nov 30, 2009
@bariga
Clamoring for coup is a stupid notion. Assuming a military take over doesn't result in civil strife, you can be sure sanctions would hit Nigeria from all angles. How exactly has the military rule helped Nigeria. I guess you can mouth off since you are based in the UK and dont give a rat's ass about your people back home.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by rasputinn(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2009
Why is he so adamant,(forget the narthern cabal,forget Ibori and Turai) Umaru is the one that is so sick he could have a deadly heart attck the next minute,why won't he hand over temporarily to Goodluck so he can take care of his health.

Hmmmm,something tells me we may have soon have a second sitting president/head of state who'll die in office in 11 yrs
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by novaman: 12:58pm On Nov 30, 2009
I wish that the President is still alive but reading the doctored news in most of the dailies and on the internet, we have to stop deceiving ourselves and face reality; the story about his health is similar to the one dished to the palestinian people during Arafat reign.

They said he is not dead yet no visual or audio directly from him, no problem, another story of forcing GL to resign, whether we like it or not there is no smoke without fire.

The mischief maker might be taking advantage of the who scenario to creat problem, but it could also be that this guy is actually gone and the reason for the delay is actually to buy time to see how they can remove GL.

For those who believe it will be difficult to remove GL; please think twice because even if the POPE visits Aso Rock only for one day his hands must surely soiled with the dirt inside, how much more someone who has lived there for almost 3 years; so no matter what we say here, they will surely find one terrible aligation that will make him resign and he will come out to tell his people that is in the interest of the nation. I feel they are waiting for him to accept a soft landing offer they are giving him so that they can unplug the life support machine used to deceive us that UMY. and remember that guy has not eaten for more than a week even with his condition. I hope he comes out of this alive. God bless Nigeria
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by GeorgeD1(m): 1:11pm On Nov 30, 2009
no smoke without fire
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Nezan(m): 1:19pm On Nov 30, 2009
cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by stede(m): 9:04pm On Nov 30, 2009
may God heal Him
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by GeorgeD1(m): 3:32pm On Dec 01, 2009
carry go, ssn. make you go buy advert slot for guardian newspaper oooo! this awoof advert wey you dey do here no go work oooo! grin
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by trustme1: 4:27pm On Dec 01, 2009
all of this talk too long, how many times will he fly to dubai or some other foreign country. if the man really needs healing, he should go to prophet T. B. Joshua and receive divine healing and instruction. some one like the prophet is in his own country and he prefers to be flying to and fro. what a pity sad
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by jecintaeby: 4:45pm On Dec 01, 2009
God works in a mysterious way.  The way and manner HE (God) do or see things are not the way we (human-beings) see it.  For everything that happens to any one, God has a purpose for it.  For our Mr. President to be sick throughout his tenure in office and often run to Saudi Arabians for treatment that (he never get well treated) is enough indication for him to know that there is a hand- writing on the wall for him.  If he will be able to look down on the Health Facilities in Nigeria, try and upgrade it, equipt the hospitals and make them to be standard, you will be surprise that he will get his healing INSTANTLY from any of this hospitals.  

As for me, I'm not wishing him death.  All I want from Him is to be man enough and do what is expected from him.  For his information, His healing is not going to come from Saudi or any other country outside Nigeria, His healing is just rightly under his nose (Any common Hospital in Nigeria that he will equipt).  It's high time Nigerian Hospitals are taken into considerations.  Do they often used to think about ordinary people that can not afford money to go abroad for treament.  Which means if a common man can not afford money to travel abroad for treatment, he will die. Our hospitals here are calling for attention from Mr. President, hence God made it possible for him to be always sick so that he will upgrade our hospitals.  For his information, He is not going to die, neither is he going to be healed over there until he give attention to our hospitals over here.  His healing is in his hand.  Otherwise, the sickness will continue to torment him.   I will be happy if some one will let him know about this.  His deliverance from Liver or Kidney problem  is in any Nigeria Hospital, period!!!!    A WORD IS ENOUGH FOR THE WISE.  cool cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Suspected Gay Men Stripped Naked In Imo State (pics) / Amazing - And Not So Amazing - Bridges From Around The World.. / 16 Year Old Actress Regina Daniels Posts Bedroom Photos With ‘boyfriend’, Nigeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.