Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,188 members, 7,818,614 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:49 PM

CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. (6458 Views)

GCK: The School That Produced President Umaru Yar'adua(pics) / Americanchronicle: Report President Umaru Yar Adua Is Dead------ / President Umaru Yar'adua (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Nobody: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2009
We at GidiNoize just saw this and thought we’ll share it with you.
According to CNN, President Umaru Yaradua will not be stepping down
despite his recently discovered heart condition and his kidney problem.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/11/27/nigeria.president/index.html
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Bariga1(f): 1:43pm On Nov 27, 2009
Why should he step down when it is his birth right? Remember that he still wants to go for the second round 2011. The man does not have what it takes to lead Nigeria, With all due respect.

But what are the options

I will strongly suggest that we need nothing short of some young military officers with “a vision” coming back to power for two year in which they will restore law and order within government and politics. Some people need to be dead before this country can move forward and only the military can do this.

Urgent situations deserve urgent measures.

Beer-parlour talk on Nairaland will take us nowhere!!!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Spyker: 4:42pm On Nov 27, 2009
Why is it that this piece of rubbish is quoted from gidinoize instead of cnn's website. I won't take this serious.

On the issue, i expect the military to take over if the man dies hence it is better he survives till 2011 where he would end his tenure.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Bariga1(f): 5:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
Spyker,

You are entitled to your own opinion, but please!!!

Give me one reason why the current president should continue, taking into consideration his ill health? Let us be clear about the fact that presidency is not about laying on your sick bed and giving orders.

Remember that if he dies the vice president should step into his shoes, but do you think they will allow this? Even if the vice president takes over, is he any better? Can he bring the drastic change needed to change peoples/politicians thinking that there is nothing like a “free lunch”?

We need to stop waiting for God, stop hoping and do something.

The average Nigerian is not ready for a revolution to change the ugly state of things, so the next best thing at our disposal is for the military to help us. But it should be clearly stated that we need some young radical boys with a vision.

What has democracy done for us? Apart from enriching a few politicians and their affiliates?

I rest my case!!!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 27, 2009
Step down n die outside d throne n be buried as a commoner?
Nah i think he'l rather remain n fight his demom wiv state resources n die befittingly on d throne

1 Like

Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by yeswecan(m): 7:12pm On Nov 27, 2009
Spyker:

Why is it that this piece of rubbish is quoted from gidinoize instead of cnn's website. I won't take this serious.

On the issue, i expect the military to take over if the man dies hence it is better he survives till 2011 where he would end his tenure.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/WORLD/africa/11/27/nigeria.president/index.html
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by RICHIEBOI1(m): 7:45pm On Nov 27, 2009
african leaders and this 'sit tight' mentality is very tipical of them. well i wish him a speedy recovery.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by MrCrackles(m): 7:47pm On Nov 27, 2009
Not expecting the old dude to step down. . . .
Yaradua, ride on boss. . . wink
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Nobody: 7:54pm On Nov 27, 2009
If he dies, Jonathan will take over and that's how it should be in a democratic nation. I dn't wish him death, but I wish him to step down. It's very selfish and ignrant of him to hold on tight to the seat when he can't use it to benefit the people that supposedly put hime there.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by MrCrackles(m): 7:55pm On Nov 27, 2009
9jaganja:

If he dies, Jonathan will take over and that's how it should be in a democratic nation. I dn't wish him death, but I wish him to step down. It's very selfish and ignrant of him to hold on tight to the seat when he can't use it to benefit the people that supposedly put hime there.
And you think the "cabals" will let Jonathan take over?
Come to think of it, who is wiser, Jonathan or a sick Yaradua
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by mrofficial(m): 8:03pm On Nov 27, 2009
Bariga1:

Why should he step down when it is his birth right? Remember that he still wants to go for the second round 2011. The man does not have what it takes to lead Nigeria, With all due respect.

But what are the options

I will strongly suggest that we need nothing short of some young military officers with “a vision” coming back to power for two year in which they will restore law and order within government and politics. Some people need to be dead before this country can move forward and only the military can do this.

Urgent situations deserve urgent measures.

Beer-parlour talk on Nairaland will take us nowhere!!!

Correct!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by software(m): 8:10pm On Nov 27, 2009
If he dies, Nothing is stopping jonathan from taking up that position. not even dem dem. cheesy Hi everybody!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by mrofficial(m): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2009
software:

If he dies, Nothing is stopping jonathan from taking up that position. not even dem dem. cheesy Hi everybody!

At least we'll have a not sleeping driver.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by software(m): 8:24pm On Nov 27, 2009
mr.official:

At least we'll have a not sleeping driver.

Yes oo my bro at least the country will move forward for the better. Right now we are we are even slower than a dead snail! may God help Naija oo
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by mahal(m): 8:31pm On Nov 27, 2009
If only we had human beings in the National Assembly , Federal exec council, and in his immediate family, this man should have looong resigned.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by software(m): 8:40pm On Nov 27, 2009
mahal:

If only we had human beings in the National Assembly , Federal exec council, and in his immediate family, this man should have looong resigned.

true talk
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by iceland(m): 9:02pm On Nov 27, 2009
mahal:

Even if we had dogs in there something positive would have come out but we have bunch of DEAD people in there. cry cry cry cry
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by bluehorizo(m): 9:08pm On Nov 27, 2009
And do you all know that the clause have been removed for the VP to take over should event the Presido dies on the throne? A new election will be conducted and a new president will be "selected" from him constituency. Jonathan will pack his bags from the Villa.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by sjeezy8: 9:11pm On Nov 27, 2009
I dont think goodluck wants to be president anyway he just enjoys the title and money.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by iceland(m): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2009
sjeezy8:

I dont think goodluck wants to be president anyway he just enjoys the title and money.
Let's see how far his "Goodluck" will carry him this time around. Time will tell!
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by redsun(m): 9:22pm On Nov 27, 2009
How could nigerians have voted in a terminally sick man in the first?From the day he became a presi-thief,he's been a burden to the nation,wasting already down trodden tax payers money to resuscitate him dying sel.

That man being the president of nigeria shows how sick nigeria is as a nation
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Okijajuju1(m): 9:29pm On Nov 27, 2009
Why is it that Nigerians want our president dead? undecided
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by redsun(m): 9:39pm On Nov 27, 2009
He is better dead.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by OAM4J: 10:23pm On Nov 27, 2009
@redsun
Nigerians did not vote Yar'Adua in d 1st place. He was imposed on us. No thanks to Obj.

The man should just resign & look after his health. Any healthy person can take over till 2011.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by redsun(m): 10:27pm On Nov 27, 2009
OAM4J:

@redsun
Nigerians did not vote Yar'Adua in d 1st place. He was imposed on us. No thanks to Obj.

The man should just resign & look after his health. Any healthy person can take over till 2011.

Why did nigerians accept him?Why should an illegitimate government be legitimate if the people are not sick?
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by henryone(m): 10:30pm On Nov 27, 2009
pls nairaland guys! the bible said pray 4 ur leader! not wish ur leader death pls stop this attitude.may God help us.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Nobody: 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
We are very backward on so many fronts.

This useless press confrence that Segun Adeniyi grants, do they (press corps) get to ask him questions

[size=18pt]Because its about time someone ask Segun Adeniy how their adminnistration can continue to lecture everyone else on rule of law when the President himself is breaking the law which requires him to resign if he is not fit for office on medical grounds?[/size]
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by tracy56(f): 10:48pm On Nov 27, 2009
how does the presiden look like like, cos i dont no wat is happenning to that country any more.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Xam9: 11:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
We all complain about how bad nigeria economy is.wat we are practisn is half democracy & half millitary.wat are u den expectn from a country like dat?
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by naijamini(m): 11:51pm On Nov 27, 2009
@military_coup_apologists

Those inviting the military back into our polity should pray for a military coup in their own personal lives too.

This excuse of straightening out a political logjam was how we got the worst administration in the history of Nigeria under Abacha.

If you don't wish a military coup and/or an "Abacha" in your personal live then don't wish it on Nigeria.

We will work this out ourselves. Despite the way it looks this is a surgery that Nigeria must undertake to reach true nationhood, and we are already moving in the right direction. We don't need the military to come in and truncate our learning process. No matter what happens the military needs to stick with their true calling and honor.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by Princek12(m): 2:19am On Nov 28, 2009
It is amazing how he jets to Saudi for treatment if he sneezes while leaving the health system at home in a dire state.
Re: CNN: Hospitalised Nigerian President (Umaru Yar'adua) Not Stepping Down. by vislabraye(m): 2:28am On Nov 28, 2009
It seems this sickness is deteriorating. He tries as much as possible to keep his condition of health as secrete as possible,

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Post Your Suggestions For Seun And The Site Admin Here [about The New Nairaland Interface] / Amazing - And Not So Amazing - Bridges From Around The World.. / 16 Year Old Actress Regina Daniels Posts Bedroom Photos With ‘boyfriend’, Nigeri

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.