Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,084 members, 7,818,245 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:06 AM

Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori (2418 Views)

A Picture Of Ibori In 2009 After Asaba Court Ruled In His Favour / The Amazing Wealth Of Ibori / Picture Of Ibori- The Ogidigbodigbo Of Africa In The Klink (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by CondomM: 2:09pm On Nov 27, 2009
Written by Sahara Reporters, New York
Thursday, 26 November.

Associates of James Ibori and friends of his mistress, Udoamaka Okoronkwo, are going to hold a rent-a-crowd demonstration tomorrow at the premises of the Southwark Crown Court in London under the aegis of "Amalgamated Deltans" in the United Kingdom. The event is aimed at portraying Ibori as a victim of the "colonial British" hegemony to persecute Ibori allegedly because of his proposition to have Niger Delta indigenes control their resources.

Each participant in the 'protest' is being paid £100 by the coordinator, who is referred to simply as "Matt".

Regarding the adjournment of the case last week, our reporters have learnt that the case in London was adjourned purely due to the fact that a trial is likely to last for a minimum of six weeks and will run into the Christmas break. A legal expert covering the case for Saharareporters said the case, which was due to begin last week, would have led to an unsatisfactory situation in view of Christmas in the middle. "It was purely a case management decision, reluctantly agreed to by the prosecution as they have always stated that they want to get this trial on as soon as possible, however they also need to be practical and realistic."

Another source also agreed that it would have been difficult to prosecute the case during the Christmas period. The concerns include a jury having all sorts of availability issues leading up to the end of the year, and lawyers also having problems with professional commitments. The source said the prosecution also was considerate that during the Christmas period jury might 'switch off'.

Meanwhile, Saharareporters has confirmed that contrary to our last report, the Southwark Crown Court judge, Christopher Hardy, is not retiring in December 2009. He will continue as the trial judge in the case starting again on February 16, 2010. A pre-trial hearing has been scheduled for January 25, 2010. The preliminary hearing at Southwark Crown Court is aimed at ironing out any issues coming from the Federal High Court, Asaba, proceedings, since it is believed that the Asaba judge may still go ahead to quash the charges against Ibori.

It is expected that if there is a ruling in favour of Ibori in Asaba, his lawyers will try to persuade Judge Hardy that the London trial should not proceed and if Judge Hardy rule on January 25, 2010 that the trial will commence on February 16, 2010, then the defence may appeal his decision so the pretrial hearing would allow all appeals to be cleared prior to February 16 2010.

Also, the second trial involving Ibori's wife, Theresa Nkoyo Ibori, his UK-based lawyer, Bhadresh Gohil may be moved further into 2010 due to the delay in the first trial of three of his first set of women. A hearing has been scheduled for November 30 2009 to iron out the details.
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by kpokpobita: 10:35pm On Nov 27, 2009
I don't kwn wat Ibori ave done 2 dis online publisher called sahara reporters.They always publish negative things agaist dis man is only God dat will deliver Ibori from sahara reporter hand.
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 10:36pm On Nov 27, 2009
kpokpobita:

I don't kwn wat Ibori ave done 2 dis online publisher called sahara reporters.They always publish negative things agaist dis man is only God dat will deliver Ibori from sahara reporter hand.
Yeh but isnt everything about Ibori full of negativity
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by redsun(m): 10:37pm On Nov 27, 2009
Ibori is a mass murderer,just like the rest of nigerian leaders,he is an enemy of men of good will.
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by kpokpobita: 11:25pm On Nov 27, 2009
Bross no tulk like dat if Ibori be president 2day u no go like na abi tulk ur mind ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by SenamiF: 11:37pm On Nov 28, 2009
I guess my husband is not the topic of the day.because i will not hesitate to abuse any boby that will insult my husband.
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by CondomM: 11:50pm On Nov 28, 2009
Hope you not the Senami Sosu that is Ibori`s wife.If you are the one i shame for you by coming out on net to claim Ibori as your husband.But come to think of it you are what number,i belive you should you are number 8 or 7 look for some where and hide your self. please.idoit grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by ezeagu(m): 11:54pm On Nov 28, 2009
kpokpobita:

Hello hired supporter!
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by SenamiF: 11:56pm On Nov 28, 2009
Mr Condom(M)
  Hope you are not one of the anti Ibori?bet let me tell you God will deliver my husband from you people hand.
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by CondomM: 12:04am On Nov 29, 2009
Ms So Call Senami
Are you not a promiscus lady that i saw your picture on net,with only pant and bras pls look for a place and hide your self(Ashawo kubokobo)
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by kpokpobita: 12:08am On Nov 29, 2009
I beg make u leave Ibori mater make you no go get hypertention
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by Oboma1(m): 10:07pm On Dec 15, 2009
Na wah oh!.
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by Oboma1(m): 10:09pm On Dec 15, 2009
Na wah oh!. Nigeria I hail thee shocked shocked shocked
Re: Ibori Uk Trial: Rent-a-crowd "demonstration"2moro In London In Favour Of Ibori by MrCrackles(m): 11:54pm On Dec 15, 2009
kpokpobita:

I beg make u leave Ibori mater make you no go get hypertention
Get lost. . . . . angry

(1) (Reply)

Predictions For Nigeria In 2010 By Primate Ayodele / Vision 2010:what Happened To It? / Emeka: The following 134 nations would recognized Arewa Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.