Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,877 members, 7,828,122 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305690 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 2:54am On Dec 06, 2009

nierian airforce military chopper,in obudu cattle ranch calabar
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by MandingoII(m): 5:59pm On Dec 06, 2009
@MandingoII

Keep your American ghetto lingo to your wretched self. Only lowlife scum are proud of such slangs.
You must be a fool; I am Nigerian, proud of it and will never be American (even at gunpoint).

I see your sissy azz like to computer fight every where you go. angry

I stopped talking to your PUNK azz long time ago.

Who gives a f/u/c/k about a Fat Lonely depressed man living in the U.K. undecided

You might as well do what people of your ILK do.

wobble your fat ass on a hoe stroll and  buy you some s/e/x.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 6:03pm On Dec 06, 2009
MandingoII:

I see your sissy azz like to computer fight every where you go. angry

I stopped talking to your PUNK azz long time ago.

Who gives a f/u/c/k about a Fat Lonely depressed man living in the U.K. undecided

You might as well do what people of your ILK do.

wobble your fat ass on a hoe stroll and  buy you some s/e/x.

I really wish you would keep to that.

I really don't enjoy conversations with fools.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by MandingoII(m): 8:44pm On Dec 06, 2009

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by emiwanlee(m): 6:15pm On Dec 07, 2009
these weapons were used by the amereicans in 1800, they dont thrill me.as 4 d guys tjhey are really making us proud
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 6:23pm On Dec 07, 2009
these weapons were used by the amereicans in 1800, they dont thrill me.as 4 d guys tjhey are really making us proud

yea jet fighters,automatic assault rifles and armoured battle tanks that werent invented till the 1900s were used by america in 1800. . .

its not by force to post on a thread u know.  . .
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 7:45pm On Dec 07, 2009
paddy_lo:

yea jet fighters,automatic assault rifles and armoured battle tanks that werent invented till the 1900s were used by america in 1800. . .

its not by force to post on a thread u know.  . .

LOL!
I hope the irony isn't lost on you? you've made tons of factually incorrect claims (which i've taken great pleasure in pointing out to you), yet here you are happy to pounce on someone following in your footsteps. grin

There's nothing wrong in posting photos of our Nigerian millitary. I also am not averse to supporting these fellows. However, it's also a mark of patriotism to point out something that is going wrong, something that needs to be fixed.

We may be forgiven for buying the Chinese fighters. They are quite old and are definitely outmatched against most other modern fighters, but they will serve a purpose. What is unforgivable is the Nigerian Government's inactivity in home grown weapons development.

It is not good to use excessive hyperbole to describe our ageing hardware, lest we lull ourselves into a false sense of complacency.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by 13volts(m): 8:52pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ POSTER

angry angry angry You cheat, I knew were I saw some of your pix. It was from MC Usman and yet you fail to even acknowledge him. angry angry
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 9:09pm On Dec 07, 2009
@ POSTER

You cheat, I knew were I saw some of your pix. It was from[b] MC Usman[/b] and yet you fail to even acknowledge him. 

and who the eff is MC usman. . .lol
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Billygoat(m): 6:39pm On Jan 15, 2010
Thank you Paddy lo. You've done a fine job with this post and defending yourself from critics.

It's easy to spot the amatures in this post. Those that worry because a weapon might be old should note that the Sidewinder missle was developed in the 1950's. It's still the best short range Air to Air missle around. The M-16 was developed in the 50's just a few years newer than the AK. Both are great weapons and the winner in a battle could go to either. I fought a few battles armed with the AR and I would not hesitate to chose the AK. The C130 was developed in the 1950's and is still one of the best airplanes for the job it does.

For those that don't like the way the military operates I would challange you to join up and help make them better. If you're just sitting on the sidelines complaining, then you are part of the problem.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Dogma5: 9:49pm On Feb 07, 2010
Thanks paddyboi nice pix
@back2back the Nigerian army will do what ever it takes to protect the Nigerians living there (bakassi)  but at the moment there is no military personnel there due to the fact that the Nigerian and Cameroonian government  signed an arrangement to hand over the place to Cameroon called “green tree agreement’  under the supervision of the UN which means that the Nigerians living there can still occupy the place but as  the resent killings started the Nigerian government are considering to send its military to protect its citizens. And also Wikipedia is not that accurate because most of the fact they obtain are lifted from some where that is not resent. The Nigerian military has the capacity for improvement but you can not blame that on the military personals but the law makers that give the funding for the equipments.
For the Nigerian/Biafran civil war sorry it happened but it has happened and no one can change that but 1 thing you have to know is that the French military helped the B’s and the British helped the N’s and at the end the N’s won you just have to take it or leave it is already in history the more u hate the more the Nigerian nation becomes strong.
About the Ak 47 rifle, the m16 and m14s  (Americans) are accurate does not cause much damage and needs high maintainace   but the Ak47 are perfect in all weather conditions as proven in the USSR and in Africa, it causes maximum damage, i will choose the AK at any time ,
I am happy that I am a Nigerian, big ups to the military we should try and help them the differnt ways that we can like fundraising and so on which will encourage them to do there job well  love you guy( Nigerian military) keep doing  your  best for your country most people don’t no what it means to pay the ultimate price for some 1 u don’t even no  or give a poo about but you guys no and for that I thank you
1 more thing I spoke to some American and British military Personal that have done joint training and operations with the Nigerian military and they said without technology Nigerian military is one of the best and also 1 to be feared, which is to say even if we don’t have all the technology we need we are still classed as 1 of the best and ask yourself this question what if we had all the technology what would happen?
Thanks once more to the Nigerian military
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Dogma5: 9:54pm On Feb 07, 2010
no 1 knows about all that the Nigerian military has unless you are an insider go on be an insider and find out urself
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 10:23pm On Feb 07, 2010
@billygoat/dogma5
thanks guys. . the Nigerian military is one of the best on the continent. . . .peace

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=B3XZZPtskWrDgwtfkSud_y6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxSA2TcPDmXN0_uEF6IWUOXknW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
soldier mans a machine gun on top of an armoured vehicle outside the central mosque as Muslims pray in Nigeria’s central city of Jos January 22, 2010. Photo: REUTERS

Defence attachés from Pakistan and Russia visit the communications tent at the Nigerian Air Force Base, Abuja, Nigeria, on July 21, 2008, during Africa Endeavor
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=6tFeH0rvtaGvz63DwQVzrC6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxTl9EBHMYkcBuFNaU1bU83HnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]

[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=1OfTX3I6icf0ZW0B3qMjZC6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRwawf2gHZwp58zVwXp7XSznW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
[img]http://234next.com/csp/cms/sites/dt.common.streams.StreamServer.cls?CONTENTTYPE=image/jpeg&STREAMOID=U9b7IAuJFEsrt4Sp7kr1oS6SYeqqxXXqBcOgKOfTXxRj0LzAtW__xqv0Os_s_97TnW_PgxgftuECOcfJwS6Jtlp$r8Fy$6AAZ9zyPuHJ25T7a9GKDSxsGxtpmxP0VAUyHL6IDcZHtmM2t7xO$FHdJG95dFi6y2Uma3vSsvPpVyo-[/img]
our peacekeepers in darfur
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by MandingoII(m): 11:18pm On Feb 07, 2010
you still nursing this whack a/s/s thread.

who nigeria going to invade?

the niger delta?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by ezeagu(m): 11:58pm On Feb 07, 2010
MandingoII:

you still nursing this whack a/s/s thread.

who nigeria going to invade?

the niger delta?

grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by na2day2(m): 7:39am On Feb 28, 2010
love the pics guys, well done wink wink wink
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Maduafokwa(m): 9:30pm On Mar 26, 2010
@Dogma- AK-47's jump wen u fire dem, so u might not get the accuracy needed, although the improved Ak-74,ak-101,105 series solved this problem. Yes AK's are more deadlier because they use 7.61by51mm bullets, but M-16's use 5.56 by 45mm NATO rounds. But still, a soldier using an m-16 is better than one using an AK because(1) My lighter rounds(5.56mm) is like a force multiplier for me because i can carry more than what a soldier using an Ak would.(2) M-16 5.56mm rounds have longer range cos they are lighter and the guns have pretty good mussle velocity. But seriously, u cannot compare AK-47's with modern m-16's. The difference is sooo clear. What U can compare with M-16 is Ak-101.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Maduafokwa(m): 10:09pm On Mar 26, 2010
[color=#000099][/color]Derez something ive noticed in this thread. Most of us think dat to criticize Nigeria is not patriotic. Nigeria needs alot of criticism to enforce change. Based on wat we have and are, the nigerian military does not suppose to be at the level they are now. It looks like the Nigerian govt cannot take good care of roughly 100,000 people dat are willing to give their life for Nigeria. thatz just part of it. The truth is, Nigerian army no be am, For crying out loud, we have the money to organize a modern army of even 500,000 if we need dat size. On one of the recent Nigerian army exercise, news leaked dat the army had to borrow trucks from the police and other civilian and paramilitary groups to make the exercise effective. den the commander came out on AIT to say dat no army is ever self sufficient. lol!!! .Very stupid talk.So nigerian army no fit buy enough trucks again?? We dont even have a formidable MBT. I heard we have a couple of T-72's. A T-72 cannot witstand 3 simultaneous hits from an RPG7. Some one was talking about weapons built in the 1950's dat we hav dat are still refered to as world class like the AIM 9 side winder missiles. Bring a 1950 era side winder, arm a plane wit it and go for a dog fight, but b4 u go ,pray dat the sun does not come out fully because if it does, dont think u can use it because if u do, ur missile will fly strait to the sun instad of pursuing ur enermy.lol!! Every soldier i see in port-harcourt, always has a rusted AK-47 and i have neva seen a nigerian soldier with a side arm. the army really needs refublishing. Hav u taken a look at the South African Navy
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by TewMuch: 11:18pm On Mar 26, 2010
Nice pictures Paddy_lo. At least we have an army that is capable and is all black. They are trying, lets give the military boys that have fought around Africa some praise. What are other African countries doing? with the small we have, we are trying and they should be encouraged to do better. It will only take some time and our defense will improve. We definitely need to stop comparing ourselves with the US and China. One day we will get there, they also did not get there in one day! As our relevance increases as an economic power, our need for more sophisticated weapons will increase! Am proud oh. good job poster. kiss
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by GAR3TH(m): 1:05am On Mar 27, 2010
[B]ALPHA JETS[/B]
[img]http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=112812&d=1267986257[/img]

[B]F7-NI JETS[/B]
[img]http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/asset.php?fid=109707&uid=64802&d=1268073782[/img]

(Source: The Airman-The Nigerian Air Force Journal, Vol. 16)

[B]DARFUR[/B]

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Maduafokwa(m): 10:05am On Mar 27, 2010
[quote][/quote]well the f-16 has never come into combat with one of these so lets keep the conjecture to a minimum,however,if u are defending your airspace like the chinese,these planes can do the job,otherwise they wont form the backbone of chinese air defense against both the u.s and russia
Who jist U.!?? Israeli F-16's actually shot down two syrian migs 21 in dog fight. I think also pakistan f-16's hav shot down a couple of Indian mig 21's. U really cannot compare even the latest upgrade of mig 21 with even a block 10 f-16, not to talk of the latest block 60 f-16's,
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by xterra2(m): 11:56am On Mar 27, 2010
Maduafokwa:

[color=#000099][/color]Derez something ive noticed in this thread. Most of us think dat to criticize Nigeria is not patriotic. Nigeria needs alot of criticism to enforce change. Based on wat we have and are, the nigerian military does not suppose to be at the level they are now. It looks like the Nigerian govt cannot take good care of roughly 100,000 people dat are willing to give their life for Nigeria. thatz just part of it. The truth is, Nigerian army no be am, For crying out loud, we have the money to organize a modern army of even 500,000 if we need dat size. On one of the recent Nigerian army exercise, news leaked dat the army had to borrow trucks from the police and other civilian and paramilitary groups to make the exercise effective. den the commander came out on AIT to say dat no army is ever self sufficient. lol!!! .Very silly talk.So nigerian army no fit buy enough trucks again?? We dont even have a formidable MBT. I heard we have a couple of T-72's. A T-72 cannot witstand 3 simultaneous hits from an RPG7. Some one was talking about weapons built in the 1950's dat we hav dat are still refered to as world class like the AIM 9 side winder missiles. Bring a 1950 era side winder, arm a plane wit it and go for a dog fight, but b4 u go ,pray dat the sun does not come out fully because if it does, dont think u can use it because if u do, your missile will fly strait to the sun instad of pursuing your enermy.lol!! Every soldier i see in port-harcourt, always has a rusted AK-47 and i have neva seen a nigerian soldier with a side arm. the army really needs refublishing. Hav u taken a look at the South African Navy
DOM!see you its not t-72 we have they are T-77(even used by good armies)
Every soldier you see in PH a rusted Ak-47,well thats PH dont use them to judge the whole army(obama 2?)Even in Abuja,the brigade of guards use special guns that no one else in the army uses except them,and to the issue of side arm just visit a barrack or the Armed forces staff skool in Jaji
Yes they need refurbishing we all agree on that

Maduafokwa:

@Dogma- AK-47's jump wen u fire dem, so u might not get the accuracy needed, although the improved Ak-74,ak-101,105 series solved this problem. Yes AK's are more deadlier because they use 7.61by51mm bullets, but M-16's use 5.56 by 45mm NATO rounds. But still, a soldier using an m-16 is better than one using an AK because(1) My lighter rounds(5.56mm) is like a force multiplier for me because i can carry more than what a soldier using an Ak would.(2) M-16 5.56mm rounds have longer range cos they are lighter and the guns have pretty good mussle velocity. But seriously, u cannot compare AK-47's with modern m-16's. The difference is sooo clear. What U can compare with M-16 is Ak-101.
Thnks for the info,but you 4got to mention that the M-16 or other rifles cant shoot continuously for hours,they need servicing they will stop the US army favourite M-4 carbine also stops.You wonder why terrorist or militants love the AK-47 because it dosent stop when shooting, and reloading is pretty simple and quick!!!!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Maduafokwa(m): 3:15pm On Mar 27, 2010
DOM!see you its not t-72 we have they are T-77(even used by good armies)
Every soldier you see in PH a rusted Ak-47,well thats PH dont use them to judge the whole army(obama 2?)Even in Abuja,the brigade of guards use special guns that no one else in the army uses except them,and to the issue of side arm just visit a barrack or the Armed forces staff skool in Jaji
Yes they need refurbishing we all agree on that
Derez no tank in the world called T-77. We had around 100 T-55's but they were build around the end of world war 2. We den bought a couple of t-72's;around 50 or so. I say again; dere is no tank in the world called t-77. lol!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by honeric01(m): 7:46pm On Mar 27, 2010
Paddy_lo

Thanks for repin with all these nice pix.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Shoot2Kill: 9:04pm On Mar 27, 2010
@Paddy while i understand what you are trying to do. You love your country and you are trying to express the positive things about the armed forces ,i must however agree with the likes of beaf. The equipment Nigeria has is wack, as a matter of fact Nigeria cannot defeat South Africa, Egypt, Tunisia, Morocco or Libya in a full scale war not because our soldiers are weak but because they are trained in the wrong way and they ill equipped. Nigeria may be able to keep peace in 3rd world countries but i can guarantee that they will not be able to keep peace in a country like USA where ordinary citizens have more sophisticated guns and better shooting training than our soldiers. A war simulation video game like “call of duty 4” would give you an insight to how advanced the world’s military is today. Another thing is that the Nigerian armed forces uniform makes the officers themselves look like slaves. Nigeria never keeps up with trends. Whether you like it or not there is nothing celebrate about in our armed forces. Those fighter plane are old school and i am sure many of them are push and start planes (typical Nigerian style).The only asset the armed forces have the personnel themselves and they have been responsible for the many successes of the Nigerian forces in peace keeping effort.

Now let me show the equipment used by the South African Armed forces and please note that 50% of this equipment were made by south African companies:

First up is a fully decked South African Police Officers >

Gila Armoured Vehicles (South African Manufactured) >

209 Class Type 1400MOD Submarines (German Built) SA has 3 of these >

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Shoot2Kill: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2010
Valour Class MEKO® A200(extremely fast on the high sea very and flexible for high speeed attacks) German built (SA has 4)>

GV1 Artillery GUNs>

Battleur Rocket vehicles>

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by cap28: 9:27pm On Mar 27, 2010
@paddylol im not sure what you are trying to prove by posting these pictures of the nigerian military 's capability, can i ask what it is the nigerian military has acheived apart from brutally killing and maimiing its own people?  this weaponry that they are parading here has all been bought from the US, britain, israel, germany, russia and many other defence manufacturers, i could understand if our military were actually defending the territorial integrity of nigeria but apart from killing their own citizens  all i see is them doing the united states dirty work in liberia, sierra leone, darfur and other places where the US dont want to waste their own soldiers lives, so why pay tribute to a killing machine which is being used to perpetuate corrupt politicians in power?

i dont know if you're aware of this but the US and UK are currently financing an ongoing war in the congo again using the same tactic of getting african states to prosecute the war on their behalf (uganda and rwanda)

http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=18351
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Shoot2Kill: 9:29pm On Mar 27, 2010
Valour Class MEKO® A200(extremely fast on the high sea very and flexible for high speeed attacks) German built (SA has 4)>

GV1 Artillery GUNs>

Battleur Rocket Launcher>

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Shoot2Kill: 9:40pm On Mar 27, 2010
R4 South African Made assault Rifle

R5 South African Made Assault Rifle

40mm Y3 MK1 Automatic Grenade Launcher

40mm Y2 MK1 Multi Grenade Launcher

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Shoot2Kill: 9:45pm On Mar 27, 2010
7,62mm SS-77 Light Machine Gun (LMG)

7,62mm Browning Machine Gun (BMG)

12,7mm Browning Machine Gun (BMG)

Electronic Learning Aiming Correction System (ELACs)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Shoot2Kill: 9:49pm On Mar 27, 2010
Olifant Mk2 B Main Battle Tank  with 105mm Gun

Olifant Mk2 B Main Battle Tank  with 105mm Gun

Olifant Mk1A Main Battle Tank  with 105mm Gun

All these tanks are South African Manufactured and South African designed,SA has over 3000 0f these.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.