Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,933 members, 7,828,255 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:23 AM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305697 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by stormm: 9:26am On Jun 15, 2010
Ol_Soldier:

first, i am a retired nigerian soldier and my personal quote has always been 'stronger than nails' Glad to stumble on this. But where are all the military pensions going to, the arrears that has been left unpaid for decades now to retired military personnel's. why flaunt the nigeria soldier capabilities in weapons when they still suffer in abject dejection, even after risking their lives in wars and several peace keeping missions.

pls stop posting this weapons. why show your anus to your enemy, it is not all that right to tell everything you got to the world, i mean weapons and all.

if you want to know me you ask ask anything.

Sir, I do sympathise with u on d pension issue. But are we still in the dark days of the East/West divide? More wars are won now without as much as firing a shot. To me most of the pix here are just another way of advertising military hardware for nations to justify their defence budget. With so much federal allocation(the highest), you can imagine the quality of miltary hardware the Nigerian army has. But who are we fighting really, the militants in the Niger delta or Cameroon gendarmes? Military equipment is one big industry and one big fraud.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Hauwa1: 3:30pm On Jun 15, 2010
so unfortunate . . . you are right ol' soldier. no need to show off old weapons when they cant take care of human beings. you guys should fight for it.
an american soja when retired will continue to earn half of his retirement pay. some go back to work with the govt (collecting pay and retirement pay), some go back to school fully paid for (housing included). honestly, it is sad to hear that nig soja still queue up to collect their pension.

those toy weapons sef grin
SemperFI
God bless our troops cheesy
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 4:43pm On Jun 15, 2010
so unfortunate . . . you are right ol' soldier. no need to show off old weapons when they cant take care of human beings. you guys should fight for it.
an american soja when retired will continue to earn half of his retirement pay. some go back to work with the govt (collecting pay and retirement pay), some go back to school fully paid for (housing included). honestly, it is sad to hear that nig soja still queue up to collect their pension.

those toy weapons sef
SemperFI
God bless our troops

American soldiers get payed better because they have contributed to pension plans
Nigeria only set up its pension plan some 4yrs ago. .

Money doesnt grow on trees. . .if u fail to plan,u plan to fail, . .
and yea if u dont like the weapons pls dont look at them

The soldiers are doing a good job. . .
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by OlSoldier(m): 5:38pm On Jun 15, 2010
Ocelot2006. you're welcome. over 30 years serving Nigerian Army is not a kids play, but this is where i stand. it only pains me deep down my marrow that many sincere, head-strong and brave colleagues died in my very eyes, to God be the glory that i am still alive today, but no thanks to Nigeria n govnment and pension scheme whatsoever. . .

It was formally my pleasure to allow my only son follow my footprint to join the army, i nursed this option while i was still in service, but its pity to say i was wrong about.

let the government read this and defend their innocency.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by OlSoldier(m): 5:47pm On Jun 15, 2010
hauwa: this page is not enough to write different things that happens in the army, i bet you, you will be shocked and surprised.

the reason why i am against the posting of pictures of nigeria's army amoury is basically for security reasons. if you know what i mean.

Please just help the yet living retired soldiers ring the bell to our government to come to their aid, and pay them up their all for long money, they are still dieing everyday and the blood of them all is in the hands of our principal heads of parastatals.

tell goodluck jonathan ebele, that we need our pension money, they soldiers and retired onces are crying for help. who will help them after serving this called giant of africa. . each time i think of corporal, sergents, we joined the army together many ofthem died on the course, and still their familys no where to be found.

it pains me. and still i stand 100 percent to tell any one to join the army, its fun, its joy, its a strong heart's man to join the army. you wil never know except you are one. . thumbs to serving generals.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by OlSoldier(m): 5:58pm On Jun 15, 2010
Stormm: no thanks to nigeria government.

it is actually a bit of risk and threat to nigeria security entity in times of invasion by neighbouring war enemy's. having posting all this armoury's what chance do we have to protect ourlseves, since they already have known all we got in term of weaponry, so they know basically where to struck us against our defence. so i think its a bit improper to display all of these.
but please help us pass the message accross to those incharge if you can anyway. i have been to abuja and other states uncountable times for the purpose of military pension screening, queuing under the hot sun, with no mercy from any one. i have been screened million times and yet no pay from any where, even after spending a whole lots to travel for the so called screening. . . the old soldiers needs to comfortable abode.
very sad.

are there government people on this page?

i am happy to see this book writing on this topic. online here.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Eddeux(m): 7:07pm On Jun 15, 2010
Ol_Soldier:

Stormm: no thanks to nigeria government.

it is actually a bit of risk and threat to nigeria security entity in times of invasion by neighbouring war enemy's. having posting all this armoury's what chance do we have to protect ourlseves, since they already have known all we got in term of weaponry, so they know basically where to struck us against our defence. so i think its a bit improper to display all of these.
but please help us pass the message accross to those incharge if you can anyway. i have been to abuja and other states uncountable times for the purpose of military pension screening, queuing under the hot sun, with no mercy from any one. i have been screened million times and yet no pay from any where, even after spending a whole lots to travel for the so called screening. . . the old soldiers needs to comfortable abode.
very sad.
What neighbor of Nigeria has the capability to invade? Benin, Togo, Niger, Chad? grin grin grin grin
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by stormm: 7:33pm On Jun 15, 2010
Eddeux:

What neighbor of Nigeria has the capability to invade? Benin, Togo, Niger, Chad? grin grin grin grin

Ol soldier, exactly my sentiments. Who are we fighting? When the military took over Haiti, it took just a visit by the American General, can't readily remember his name naow, for their generals to run away from the presidential palace and their president was reinstalled. These days, we talk more of economic power than military might. Military might now is a function of upping your defence budget.

I sympathise with you on the pension issue once again. Nigeria is not known to celebrate its heroes, dead and alive. And of course, your generals stole the country to pieces and ruined our collective patrimony.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 12:17am On Jun 28, 2010
LIBERIA THEATRE, 1990

Soldiers from the multinational West African peacekeeping forces of ECOMOG engage in an artillery battle with the rebel troops of the National Patriotic Front of Liberia (NPFL)

LIBERIA, 1996

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 12:20am On Jun 28, 2010
BATTLE OF FREETOWN, 1999

PICTURES by BEEG EAGLE. .SKYCRAPERCITY
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 9:47pm On Jun 28, 2010
@cap28
Do you know anything about the Nigerian military. They sucsessfully spear-headed the first African peace force (ECOMOG) with other neighbours in countries like Liberia, Sierre Leon and Guinea Bissau. Thats what sort of rewards there are for having the no1 military in the region kiss
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Eddeux(m): 11:56pm On Jun 28, 2010
lordangers:

@cap28
Do you know anything about the Nigerian military. They sucsessfully spear-headed the first African peace force (ECOMOG) with other neighbours in countries like Liberia, Sierre Leon and Guinea Bissau. Thats what sort of rewards there are for having the no1 military in the region[color=#990000][/color] kiss

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 1:13am On Jun 29, 2010
Eddeux:

why are u baffled. . Nigeria does have the Number 1 Military in the west African Region. . .
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 7:27am On Jun 29, 2010
@ eddeux: Who do you think has the best military in west Africa?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 7:59am On Jun 29, 2010
BTW some great pics paddy lo. Good thread to start and continue. I see a lot of people didnt give you much slack especially when you tried to get on with the topic and be the mature one.

Also Edeuxx if you said Ghana I wouldnt blame you. I'd say they could hold their own for a quite a while if Nigeria went by sea to Ghana. I know it would probebly never happen but just saying if by some miracle it did then Ghana would do pretty well. It's pretty disiplined and well organised + equiped. I mean they use the M16 whilst the Nigerians have that but not enough to make it the core weapon. It's made up of too much. Yes in terms of armour it would over-whelm Ghana if they could get it there. Yet it's Navy is usually in-operable compared to Ghana. As for the air-force well it would have to around Benin and I dont think they can do that whithout air-refueling. So the Ghanaians again would usually have that sort of advantage. And their armoured veachiles arnt that bad (Ghana). They could probebly compensate for the limited armour Nigeria brings.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 12:01am On Jun 30, 2010
BTW some great pics paddy lo. Good thread to start and continue. I see a lot of people didnt give you much slack especially when you tried to get on with the topic and be the mature one.

Also Edeuxx if you said Ghana I wouldnt blame you. I'd say they could hold their own for a quite a while if Nigeria went by sea to Ghana. I know it would probebly never happen but just saying if by some miracle it did then Ghana would do pretty well. It's pretty disiplined and well organised + equiped. I mean they use the M16 whilst the Nigerians have that but not enough to make it the core weapon. It's made up of too much. Yes in terms of armour it would over-whelm Ghana if they could get it there. Yet it's Navy is usually in-operable compared to Ghana. As for the air-force well it would have to around Benin and I dont think they can do that whithout air-refueling. So the Ghanaians again would usually have that sort of advantage. And their armoured veachiles arnt that bad (Ghana). They could probebly compensate for the limited armour Nigeria brings.

No dont even go there. . The Ghanaian army is no match for Nigeria in any way
one their Manpower is very small. .  .

Two their airforce is non-existent.  .
Nigeria actually passed on its squadron of fighters to Ghana during the period of IBB and Jerry Rawlings

Also during the Liberian civil war,Ghanian soldiers were known to be cowards who didnt like fighting
compared to the battle hardened Nigerians

and dont even try Heavy Armour,Tanks and Artillery
One thing u guys dont know is that Obasanjo spent over $2billion a yr for the 8yrs he was in power in getting the Nigerian Army,Navy and Airforce equipped
50% OF THE NEW EQUIPMENT IS NOT EVEN POSTED HERE

I dont even think Ghana has one Helicopter Gunship
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 8:06am On Jun 30, 2010
Like I said it isnt a problem when you compare all your armour to Ghana but I am saying how would you get it all there? You'd probebly get may be under a dozen (no outside help from anyone) and the fighter jets your telling me about how do you get them in range of Ghana so they can fly there, drop their pay-load and fly back? They would have to around Benin and Togolese air space. Your ships dont have space to put them in without breaking them up. Nigeria is only able to transport all it's eqip through countries or others navies when it does peace-keeping missions. As for numbers that probebly is a weakness but I suppose they (ghana) would use the ones they got and attempt to hold out till militias can be brought in. You report cowardice. Can you please show me your source like the site.
The Ghanaians would probebly never engage in air to air combat and would use them (the jets) soley as ground attack. Also again how would your transport your helicopted gun-ships. It could even be argued that you wouldnt get past the Ghanian navy. Your frigate is just sea-worthy, your corvettes mostly in a similar or worse position and your large-patrol ships out of range.
The Ghanaian air force is limited in it's capcities but it is existent.
As for it'sarmour well it's mostly used on peace-keeping missions so the crews would have expieriance unlike yours for your MBT's because well they are rarely ever used and are involved in a different type of combat where they cant be blown up from the sky or by another MBT.
BTW Im not doing this on some sort of patriotic duty. I am not Ghanaian or African.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 5:41pm On Jun 30, 2010
^^

How did Nigeria Transport its troops and heavy armour to Liberia and Sierra leone?

How did it fly sorties in Liberia?

In case u dont know we have transport planes and naval ships that transport tanks

can u tell me what ships the ghanain navy has lol. . .?
and Ghana has no airforce. . .no fighter jets that are airworthy so dont even start
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 6:45pm On Jun 30, 2010
Lol you do realise that tanks and troops were transported through the countries of ECOMOG the same way every other nation that participated. You show me how they transported jets and armour by sea to their peacekeeping missions like what ships they used or what aircraft they used to transport to guinea or Liberia from Nigeria with no landings and back angry. They probebly wouldnt have that luxery of going through countries if it was against Ghana.
And where have you got your proof of Ghana troops running in Liberia? Also Ghana's air force consists of Aermacchi MB-326 and K8's which may not be fighter jets but like I said they wouldnt need to be if you cant transport your jets in range (i.e by carrier)
Also you have said "dont get me started" in the last three posts you've made, I think you have started. wink
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 6:47pm On Jun 30, 2010
Also the Ghanian can be found on this page http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/africa/africa.htm#6. You can also see the Nigerian ships. It was compiled in 2001 but the Nigerian navy has only deteoriated.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by xterra2(m): 9:39pm On Jun 30, 2010
lordangers:

Also the Ghanian can be found on this page http://www.hazegray.org/worldnav/africa/africa.htm#6. You can also see the Nigerian ships. It was compiled in 2001 but the Nigerian navy has only deteoriated.

Well i can proudly say that is a lie!
It has improved
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 11:37pm On Jun 30, 2010

The sophisticated Nigerian MIlitary equipment has mostly been bought in the last 10yrs. .
so anything before 2001,while still impressive is mostly old stuff. . .

Where exactly do u think ghana has money to buy these so called equipment?
our military budget alone is bigger than the countries total budget

Also we dont need an aircraft carrier to bomb Ghana as accra is only 50mins or so away from Nigeria
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 11:48pm On Jun 30, 2010

F7-NI WITH PANOPLY OF ARMAMENTS

NIGERIAN L39 ALBATROSS JETS LIFT OFF

NIGERIAN ARMY SCORPION LIGHT TANK
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 11:52pm On Jun 30, 2010
NC27 TACTICAL INSERTION/ DEPLOYMENT CRAFT - USED BY SPECIAL FORCES COMMANDOS

[b]THE US-BUILT NIGHT-CAT 27 IS THE INTERCEPTOR OF THE FUTURE!

Utilizing an innovative twin hull design, Intercept Boats supplies military and law enforcement agencies around the world with the boats required to protect and defend domestic and international waters.

Intercepts 27-foot strike boat, model name Night Cat 27, is a custom built, stealth, go-fast boat powered by twin 300 HP outboard motors. Its patented design has been tested by M.I.T. and the Naval Surface Warfare Center, Combatant Craft Department. Proven to "outperform vessels up to 40-feet in length" and "turn at a rate of 41 degrees per second.The Night Cat 27 is a high speed, stealth interceptor designed specifically to meet the stringent requirements of enforcement agencies.

Intercept Boats is committed to building these specialized vessels that will protect against terrorist attacks, secure ports and harbors, lead search-and-rescue missions and defend the front lines. Every boat is custom built to give each customer the edge required to ensure mission success.[/b]
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 11:55pm On Jun 30, 2010
SEAL-CLASS 120 ft LONG RANGE RECOVERY CRAFT(TWO UNITS)
(ex-RAF MARINE VESSELS, ENTERED NN SERVICE IN 2006 - ACTIVE AS REPLENISHMENT VESSELS IN THE NIGER DELTA)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by mensdept: 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2010
nonsense

An attempted thread to "feel good about one"
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 11:59pm On Jun 30, 2010
NIGERIAN NAVY LOGISTICS SHIP, NNS KYANWA

NIGERIAN NAVY LOGISTICS SHIP, NNS OLOGBO

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 12:01am On Jul 01, 2010
NIGERIAN NAVY LOGISTICS SHIP AND PATROL CRAFT DOCKSIDE

HEAVILY-ARMED GUNBOAT(OTTER LANDING CRAFT UTILITY) - 3 WEAPON STATIONS. Used by Nigerian Army Special Forces and Amphibious Forces in the Niger Delta.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 12:11am On Jul 01, 2010
More images from Nigerian Air show kaduna 2010
MI-35P in front, MI-24V behind.
www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/5/4/6/1707645.jpg">
MI-24V Helicopter Gunship
www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/middle/7/4/4/1707447.jpg">
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 12:22am On Jul 01, 2010
@Lordangers

Your quip about Nigerias Navy deteriorating since 2001,shows u absolutely know nothing about Nigeria or its military

The last 10yrs of democratic rule has been the best for the military in terms of new equipment,training,professionalism,and a real boost in military spending

Obasanjo our former leader in 2006 alone spent over $4billion on new military hardware,ships,tanks and other stuff because of the Niger delta

This is in addition to secret of budget military spending financed by the NNPC
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by cap28: 12:42am On Jul 01, 2010
paddy_lo:

[color=#000099][b]@Lordangers

Your quip about Nigerias Navy deteriorating since 2001,shows u absolutely know nothing about Nigeria or its military

The last 10yrs of democratic rule has been the best for the military in terms of new equipment,training,professionalism,and a real boost in military spending

Obasanjo our former leader in 2006 alone spent over $4billion on new military hardware,ships,tanks and other stuff because of the Niger delta

yes but why spend so much money on military hardware when the govt has not even provided basic amenities to its people 

also you should ask yourself why the nigerian govt invests so much in arms procurement, is nigeria at war with anyone?

could it be that these arms are purchased in order to repress any potential uprisings and ensure that the current crooks perpetuate themselves in power?

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.