Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,916 members, 7,828,201 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:57 AM

Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures - Politics (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures (305694 Views)

Nigerian Military In Action At Buhari's Inauguration (photos) / Nigerian MOPOL Fighting Alongside The Military In North East(picture) / Boko Haram Set To Engage Military In Gwoza, Asks Women, Children To Leave Town (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by xterra2(m): 11:05pm On Jul 24, 2010
^^^^well it seems you are a bad belle embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
As the page said There are two units of this (two of same type as NNS amabe and this was taken before refurbishment as you forgot to see the description maybe,,,,but anyway are you saying that Ghana would defeat us or we can defeat them I think we can do so
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 8:52am On Jul 25, 2010
xterra2:

^^^^well it seems you are a bad belle embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed
As the page said There are two units of this (two of same type as NNS amabe and this was taken before refurbishment as you forgot to see the description maybe,,,,but anyway are you saying that Ghana would defeat us or we can defeat them I think we can do so

Well they obviosuly couldnt invade you but I would say you would have a tough time trying to take over all of Ghana. Those Amphibeous ships look good but how many trips with those 2 ships have to take from Lagos (or if there is a port nearer in Nigeria to Ghana) to Ghana, to get at least say 50 tanks. Then you have to continuasly supply them. Then you also need artillery, other armoured veacils and if things go bad an escape route. And they cant just shift all that stuff back, along with troops, But I'd say they could do it, hard but Nigeria could do it
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by homerac7: 3:36pm On Jul 25, 2010
@ lordangers,

i am touched by ur sense of responsibility as reflected in ur arguments, i can only conclude dt u r a matured and cultivated mind.

aside, i c d intent of Paddy lo as not describin d nigerian military as a perfect or first class type, rather, that it is much advancing better than many of us imagine about them from outside. i agree with him based on dat,thou we also know dt more is required of them. we celebrate her successes amidst all conditions and hope for her betterment.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by texazzpete(m): 3:40pm On Jul 25, 2010
Always laughable to see you people hype these outdated armament here. Of course it's a no-brainer that the Nigerian millitary will cream Ghana. try taking on the likes of Egypt and Ethiopia and you'll see the difference.

NNS Aradu? Please. All the Ghanaians need to do is cough up $10 million for a pair of Exocets.

it's one thing to be patriotic, but don't try and hype the Naija millitary any more than the 'local champions' they are.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 8:30pm On Jul 25, 2010
Thnx Homerac

texazzpete:

Always laughable to see you people hype these outdated armament here. Of course it's a no-brainer that the Nigerian millitary will cream Ghana. try taking on the likes of Egypt and Ethiopia and you'll see the difference.

NNS Aradu? Please. All the Ghanaians need to do is cough up $10 million for a pair of Exocets.

it's one thing to be patriotic, but don't try and hype the Naija millitary any more than the 'local champions' they are.

I can see what your saying about comparing with other militarys of Africa. But tell me where is the need for Nigeria to get Abrams so it can fight rebels in the delta, or going on peace-keeping mission's to Liberia where right now that sort of heavy armour isnt needed. Egypt hase problems with Sudan in the South and it is the stepping stone for Africa into the middle East. Whilst Ethiopia has done numerous peace-keeping missions (e.g Somalia) where heavy weapons have been used and the need for maximum force has been required. There is also the small fact that their once friendly neighbour fought a 2 year war that led to the deaths of 70,000-100,000 soldiers and is still looking for that land they never got. Nigeria doesnt nessarily live in a peaceful part of the world (at least it didnt compared to the rest of Africa at one point) but it has different critereas then those two you mentioned. You cant prepare for every threat, just the ones which are the more realistic. No nation can get ready for every type of threat. Not even the US.
But if they were right next to each other and had a little bit of push and shove, then yes Nigeria would have a few disadvantages but not against Ethiopia. May be their Su-27's would be hard to take down but Nigeria could probebly do it all in the end.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by PacaZ1(m): 3:20am On Jul 27, 2010
It is very necessary for Nigerians to travel outside. u talk of local champions? When u come OUTSIDE u realize Nigeria is actually great!

one cannot compare America and Nigeria. they are simply  incomparable! if we had their ancestors for almost 400 years of slave trade , build all the road networks, our "Black House" in Abuja, bus system, rail ways, primary military and other amenities, probably we will not be doing those things now we have returned to build our country!

What of Southafrica?  The person who posted the picture of the equipped police is nt even ashamed of the color of the person in case u r suffering from temporary blindness the person is white.For ur information if u remove the white influence from southafrica they r nothing. Look at the top 4 banks in Africa for example the top 3 are south African_ ALL FREAKING DUTCH CONTROLLED but to the best of my knowledge i do not think the CEO of Intercontinental Bank- Nigeria is White, the no4 , actual No1 In Africa operated by Africans.When u allow the white people to control you that is wat u get A well developed military equipments and all. Another Example is senegal. They don have close to the whites but the whites are getting their maximum resources!

no one is saying Nigeria is the best but don't compare wrong countries , Nigeria to the best of my Knowledge had Biafran war, Niger delta crises , and other daily problems, but still has this? All those criticizing what have you honestly done to help get the dream weapons? After all people like bill gates started from his father's garage so u do not need millions do you?

Nigeria like every country has its up's and downs, but as a 90% black controlled country deserves praise and credit for such development even if they are minute.Slowly but surely we will get there if u give Nigeria 400 years of slavery time lost plus 50 yrs i think America of now will nt be a village but a HAMLET.

We have work to do but if u do not recognize your accomplishments the country can never move forward. the bad is always more than the good. the Bad is always published everywhere, someone tries to publish some good  and all people can do is post nonsense? post southafrica stuff on their website, get their passport and join them as a black maid or houseboy cos that's wat all the blacks are doing if u don't know.]

Thank you dear poster , you realize Nigeria is not perfect has so many Problems like the irritating ignorant fools bark about it but you post something useful and hopeful and those with proper brains will see how to improve what we have as we are still the greatest REAL AFRICANS with all our Alexander the Great  weapons. thanks man u r a true Person not just patriotic but u have lot of common sense which i have seen is very uncommon to some people.

Can u imagin comparing a country that virtually has the whole world as their enemies with Nigeria? why don't u compare baby us and its mother UK? Pls keep us posted i enjoy the pics. The country i live in in Africa does not even have a military airport. And they believe they are the best in west Africa.

Pls for God's sake don;t "Quote "" me in the box thingy, just reply @ me and type your Quote it is ignorant and illetrate and foolish to repost what i posted entirely. Thanks No dis-respect intended.
God bless Nigeria We have 400 years + i think America was nt near this 100+ years after Amerigo Vespucci discovered it.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by paddylo1(m): 3:39am On Jul 27, 2010
It is very necessary for Nigerians to travel outside. u talk of local champions? When u come OUTSIDE u realize Nigeria is actually great!

That is a key FACT and thank u for the kind words

I didnt fully realize what u said above till i landed in NEW YORK JFK. . .

when i got off i realized NY was not much different from LAGOS. . .
There was no culture shock nothing. . .

If u dont go. . .u dont really know. . .
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by MandingoII(m): 5:38am On Jul 27, 2010
All little boyz like to play G.I joe, Until they are in Combat and despoiling and pisssin on themselves

not to mention watching their comrades get their heads blown off.

keep dreaming of being in uniform. your dream just may come true.

the U.S. Army is looking for Igbo volunteers.,,,,,,,,,,,google it.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 8:41am On Jul 27, 2010
Paca-Z:

one cannot compare America and Nigeria. they are simply incomparable! if we had their ancestors for almost 400 years of slave trade , build all the road networks, our "Black House" in Abuja, bus system, rail ways, primary military and other amenities, probably we will not be doing those things now we have returned to build our country!

What of Southafrica? The person who posted the picture of the equipped police is nt even ashamed of the color of the person in case u r suffering from temporary blindness the person is white.For your information if u remove the white influence from southafrica they r nothing. Look at the top 4 banks in Africa for example the top 3 are south African_ ALL FREAKING DUTCH CONTROLLED but to the best of my knowledge i do not think the CEO of Intercontinental Bank- Nigeria is White, the no4 , actual No1 In Africa operated by Africans.When u allow the white people to control you that is wat u get A well developed military equipments and all. Another Example is senegal. They don have close to the whites but the whites are getting their maximum resources!

no one is saying Nigeria is the best but don't compare wrong countries , Nigeria to the best of my Knowledge had Biafran war, Niger delta crises , and other daily problems, but still has this? All those criticizing what have you honestly done to help get the dream weapons? After all people like bill gates started from his father's garage so u do not need millions do you?

Nigeria like every country has its up's and downs, but as a 90% black controlled country deserves praise and credit for such development even if they are minute.Slowly but surely we will get there if u give Nigeria 400 years of slavery time lost plus 50 yrs i think America of now will nt be a village but a HAMLET.

We have work to do but if u do not recognize your accomplishments the country can never move forward. the bad is always more than the good. the Bad is always published everywhere, someone tries to publish some good and all people can do is post nonsense? post southafrica stuff on their website, get their passport and join them as a black maid or houseboy cos that's wat all the blacks are doing if u don't know.]

Thank you dear poster , you realize Nigeria is not perfect has so many Problems like the irritating ignorant fools bark about it but you post something useful and hopeful and those with proper brains will see how to improve what we have as we are still the greatest REAL AFRICANS with all our Alexander the Great weapons. thanks man u r a true Person not just patriotic but u have lot of common sense which i have seen is very uncommon to some people.

Can u imagin comparing a country that virtually has the whole world as their enemies with Nigeria? why don't u compare baby us and its mother UK? Pls keep us posted i enjoy the pics. The country i live in in Africa does not even have a military airport. And they believe they are the best in west Africa.

Pls for God's sake don;t "Quote "" me in the box thingy, just reply @ me and type your Quote it is ignorant and illetrate and foolish to repost what i posted entirely. Thanks No dis-respect intended.
God bless Nigeria We have 400 years + i think America was nt near this 100+ years after Amerigo Vespucci discovered it.

Well I wasnt comparing the US to Nigeria. I said neither could prepare for every thing that is thought up as a threat. I wasnt comparing them in what they had in military terms.
Also I dont really agree when people talk about the slave trade and say white's were the only bad ones. Yes it was bad and we stopped it. But you did it to blacks before we came and to a much worse extent. Whites didnt just enslave blacks but whites as well. Every culture has had it, the slave trade is a black person tring to make a link to the US. Even nowadays you have a slave trade in Africa again, to a far greater extent then anywhere else on the planet.
Dont get me wrong I dont like it when you cant control your own country's wealth like the banks you pointed out, but does it matter what colour they are? I mean a white S.African is a S.African. The money the bank makes get's channeled back into your economy. I dont agree with foreign owned banks in a country but we have it here in my country (UK), it's in every country (with the exception of a few along the lines of Zim and North Korea) where a buisness is foreign owned. Africa is no real exception except you can see whether their foreign owned because you base them on their skin.
You also do need millions to by weapons. Bill Gates was an entrepenur who had a unique idea, you cant really get unique ideas when purchesing weapons, it's pretty much straight forward, then maintaining and training crews for them and whatever. I'd rather you had loads of money so your military didnt end up degrading the standard of living in Nigeria but hopes will hopefully not turn to dreams rather instead reality. And i find it kind of unerving how you can refer to weapons as "dream weapons". Although I like it that you have great security lets not try and get to proud in pulling resources to kill people.
And yes well done for having black people in charge of your country. You must be so proud to not be able to look behond someones skin color. kiss cry
Finnaly some positive thinging with how the good is always greater then the bad. grin
Ooops and sorry for quoting you but tbh I dont really care when you think to belittle others merely because they disagree with you and you give a hate speech about other countries including my own. lipsrsealed
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 12:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
MandingoII:

All little boyz like to play G.I joe, Until they are in Combat and despoiling and pisssin on themselves

not to mention watching their comrades get their heads blown off.

keep dreaming of being in uniform. your dream just may come true.

the U.S. Army is looking for Igbo volunteers.,,,,,,,,,,,google it.
This is a tribute to the Nigerian forces. We aint day-dreaming just bringing up public knowledge and some cool looking pics. You may be in the army (by the sound of your post i'm guessing you are) but that doesnt give you the right to rant and rave about what people wish to do with their time. Thats their concern.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by homerac7: 1:06pm On Jul 27, 2010
hmmm, ,

i am wonden y a lot of ppl here xpect us to stockpile so mch ammos dt we dont and maynt need. y will som ppl compare our security needs wt iran, korea, SA, UK, US, india, pakistan, heaven , hell, everywhere everywhere? who r we at hostility with? what is d level of security threat around us? wht justification wld there b for nigeria to build and aquire AWACs, carriers, nukes, hell-fire-hades-gahena-bla-bla weapons?
is it commensurate wt real threats around us? so wht is it wt d daydream dt we possess d state of d arts arsenal, u thnk dey come cheap? hav u ever wonderd if d super-military nations ever envy our lower level of threat?

my ppl, answer to d above question will shw y nigeria may not be in haste to develop or acquire d super hi-techs, bt d most important thn is ability to adapt to new level or types of threat. today we can effectivly contain any aggression around us, bt if our aggresssors get to b d war weary egypt or south africa, then, d armament strategy will definitely change. remember hw d south eastern nigerians built an arms industry during d civil war? dt tells u hw a ppl can adapt to new security situations.

d present order is on improvement. response time is good for any set-up around us. i remember d pix of puma attack chopper d poster pasted, dts good, i only wish he added d Apaches we also fly. they r d most powerful rotor wing combat aircraft anywhere in d world. most of d responses criticise d jets, some years back we actually sold off many of those Alphas and Jaguars, thou we still fly some of them, we hav a current mix wt F-16s. so i hope those cryin for F-14 hornets can feel better now. smiley

d whole idea is about taking care of real available threats and lettn d politicians manage d foreign relations. it is quite expensive to manage a sophisticated military, u jst mak som sacrifices to avoid d need for sudden higher transition. moreover, d country has other departmental needs apart from d military, so lets make do wt what we hav or else we shall relapse into unnecessary debts due to excessive (in most times unnecessary and avoidable) military spendings.

to all my postiv guys in d house, i salute u. d disappointed ones, we shall get there.

lordangers, God bless u for ur objectiv posts. Paddy Lo, u will always b my guy.

ciao!
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by xterra2(m): 10:34pm On Jul 27, 2010
^^^Well we dont have Apache and F-16s
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by cap28: 10:58pm On Jul 27, 2010
self delusion is one of the most dangerous afflictions that a man can suffer from, paddy lo and his followers have continued to delude themselves into thinking that nigeria is some sort of invincible nation with the capacity to defend itself militarily , a "nation" that has never defended its territory from any external attack, a supposed nation which uses its military to terrorise and massacre its own people (biafra, Odi, Zaki Biam, Niger delta) a nation run by a criminal comprador class of western appointed puppets - when is the penny going to drop for you people.

This military hardware is being stockpiled to be used against nigerian citizens should there be any attempt to resist IBB's bid for the presidency come 2011.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by PacaZ1(m): 12:07am On Jul 28, 2010
You must be so proud to not be able to look behond someones skin color

I want to believe you are not insinuating i am racist.  am a realist , and i do not judge people by their skin color,or nationality. angry

Even nowadays you have a slave trade in Africa again, to a far greater extent then anywhere else on the planet
     Pls give some respect to the (THE) slave trade, where people wer packed like sardines for weeks living on bearly nothin, no need to go into that it serves no purpose.

Posted by: lordangers
Although I like it that you have great security lets not try and get to proud in pulling resources to kill people.

Posted by: cap28
a supposed nation which uses its military to terrorise and massacre its own people (biafra, Odi, Zaki Biam, Niger delta)

For me , ironically i find it funny that u guys make such remarks, because i wonder how perfect the other countries who you guys love so much have been to their people and others outside the life's they have destroyed, in many different WAYS , pLS all "normal ''people here, including our dear poster, know about the downs of nigeria, (Noting , Ur statements are barely true) but we want to publicize the good on this thread, pls take the bad of Nigeria and the good of the "Perfect" countries u love so much to another thread , oh or better still their national website lets see if the perfect people will allow u to do that.

a "nation" that has never defended its territory from any external attack,
ok yea for America , pearl Harbour, 9/11.- which they did nt defend themselves at all, help me list more? WAT?
have u nt been reading this post?

Liberians, Guineans, Sierra leoneans, People of Soa Tome and Principe, Sudan , Serbia, on and on cannot express their gratitude for the Nigerian influence to their present peace. Pls go and die for one of the countries, u take a pick just like the soldiers who died there did. that is international security that is international peace, that is why Nigeria has the respect of its neighbors and does nt need /have threats, but rather they equip themselves for further humanitarian missions, oh did i forget to mention , Congo?

Incase you have nt realized our current population when divided can fully fit about 4-5 of our surrounding neighboring countries so therefore internal unrest is nt strange, but they r equipping themselves to stop such Problems.

shocked shocked shocked shockedNow i realize This is the wrong thread u wer looking for Afghanistan right? wer a guy in the military is helping kill his cozin and classmates in the Taliban? Thats ur people right there!!!!! wink wink wink
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 12:39am On Jul 28, 2010
homerac7:

hmmm, ,

i am wonden y a lot of ppl here xpect us to stockpile so mch ammos dt we dont and maynt need. y will som ppl compare our security needs wt iran, korea, SA, UK, US, india, pakistan, heaven , hell, everywhere everywhere? who r we at hostility with? what is d level of security threat around us? wht justification wld there b for nigeria to build and aquire AWACs, carriers, nukes, hell-fire-hades-gahena-bla-bla weapons?
is it commensurate wt real threats around us? so wht is it wt d daydream dt we possess d state of d arts arsenal, u thnk dey come cheap? hav u ever wonderd if d super-military nations ever envy our lower level of threat?

my ppl, answer to d above question will shw y nigeria may not be in haste to develop or acquire d super hi-techs, bt d most important thn is ability to adapt to new level or types of threat. today we can effectivly contain any aggression around us, bt if our aggresssors get to b d war weary egypt or south africa, then, d armament strategy will definitely change. remember hw d south eastern nigerians built an arms industry during d civil war? dt tells u hw a ppl can adapt to new security situations.

[p]d present order is on improvement. response time is good for any set-up around us. i remember d pix of puma attack chopper d poster pasted, dts good, i only wish he added d Apaches we also fly. they r d most powerful rotor wing combat aircraft anywhere in d world. most of d responses criticise d jets, some years back we actually sold off many of those Alphas and Jaguars, thou we still fly some of them, we hav a current mix wt F-16s. so i hope those cryin for F-14 hornets can feel better now. smiley[/b]

d whole idea is about taking care of real available threats and lettn d politicians manage d foreign relations. it is quite expensive to manage a sophisticated military, u jst mak som sacrifices to avoid d need for sudden higher transition. moreover, d country has other departmental needs apart from d military, so lets make do wt what we hav or else we shall relapse into unnecessary debts due to excessive (in most times unnecessary and avoidable) military spendings.

to all my postiv guys in d house, i salute u. d disappointed ones, we shall get there.

lordangers, God bless u for your objectiv posts. Paddy Lo, u will always b my guy.

ciao!

The bolded is really funny. Which of our rusty World War II castaways are you mistaking for apache's and F-16's? shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
The World must be coming to an end!!!!

A countries military is always a measure of their technological height. We should be thinking of how to acquire and produce the very best, instead of flattering the glorified tractors on display here.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 8:50am On Jul 28, 2010
Paca-Z:

I want to believe you are not insinuating i am racist. am a realist , and i do not judge people by their skin color,or nationality. angry

Pls give some respect to the (THE) slave trade, where people wer packed like sardines for weeks living on bearly nothin, no need to go into that it serves no purpose.

Posted by: lordangers
For me , ironically i find it funny that u guys make such remarks, because i wonder how perfect the other countries who you guys love so much have been to their people and others outside the life's they have destroyed, in many different WAYS , pLS all "normal ''people here, including our dear poster, know about the downs of nigeria, (Noting , your statements are barely true) but we want to publicize the good on this thread, pls take the bad of Nigeria and the good of the "Perfect" countries u love so much to another thread , oh or better still their national website lets see if the perfect people will allow u to do that.

First off you were the one who said you were proud to have an all black leadership. In most other countries they strive to have equality where you arnt blocked off from politics for example just because of your skin colour. You dont like any non-blacks in your leadership. You said that, not me.
I gave respect to the slave trade. I said it was bad but we stopped it (because we knew it was bad) and tbh you never bothered to stop your own slave trade in Africa. Today it is reduced which is great but dont stick two fingers up to America and say it is a super-power merely because it had a slave market. I mean look at Africa, where's its super power?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by homerac7: 9:09am On Jul 28, 2010
@ Beaf

must u b cynical about everything?

didnt u c where i wrote dt d original poster didnt include d pictures of d apache? so y were u mistaking d shown pix as including same? do u hav a problem admitting dt there may b certain things u dont know?

btw, fyi, NIGERIAN AIRFORCE FLIES SOME UNITS OF AH-64 APACHE HELICOPTERS AND F-16 FALCON JETS!!!

yea, d military is a reflection of a nations technology height. but tell me abt how dos techs maintenance is above available manpower in ds nation? i never said we designed and  built them, we acquired dm off d shelf like many other nations who possess them, we simply maintain and use them! d firrst world countries have gone nuclear and space many years back, r we ther yet? so when we talk cutting edge technology maintenance, we dont hav d capacities to maintain them, and if there is such that we can maintain, then invariably, we r within d zone of manipulating same. but f u think dt aircraft design is still such a rocket science, dn b disappointed to know dt way back years ago, nigerian airforce in designed some jets and they were built by volkswagen germany, dos jets r called AIRBEETLES! they r still flying till today.

my guy, d nigerian nation is truly still behind in technological terms, but d manpower factor is not so much behind. i only woder y u wld b suprised dt d local system designs and maintains those subsonic and  supersonic aircrafts, when aircraft technology has gone to hypersonic scramjet levels. even india, brazil and south africa have those scramjet projects and yet we r not even talkin abt it here. so military avaiation has gone beyond what u think, it is only modest to b where i described to u. again, our system is not yet firstclass, rather a new emergence from a decayed and crippled structure. so please show som humility and respect.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 9:37am On Jul 28, 2010
^
. . .F-16's and Apache's my foot!

Our best jet fighters are based on a plane that came out shortly after WWII (15 Chengdu F-7s from China). Our best attack helicopter is the Hind (Russian, Apache is American).
This is our airforce website. Its packed with assorted junk and planes that look like bicycles, what a disgrace! You can view it here http://www.nigerianairforce.net/Default.aspx

You're just getting the "F's" twisted and promoting our ultra lowtech hand me downs to modern F-16 fighters. . . Serious over promotion! The General Dynamics F-16 Fighting Falcon is from the USA, while the Chengdu F-7 is a Chinese plane based on 1950's and 60's technology (thats the best we have  cry cry cry) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chengdu_J-7

This is an F-16. Where have you ever seen such a plane anywhere near Nigeria? shocked shocked

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 9:44am On Jul 28, 2010
This is our flagship plane, the Chengdu J-7 angry angry angry
We've only just recently ordered them, by the way. I don't know if they've been delivered yet. We love anything that is tokunbo.

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by homerac7: 10:55am On Jul 28, 2010
@ Beaf

impressively incorrigible. u r at liberty to believ whateva u want. enjoy urself
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by PacaZ1(m): 1:45pm On Jul 28, 2010
First off you were the one who said you were proud to have an all black leadership. In most other countries they strive to have equality where you arnt blocked off from politics for example just because of your skin colour. You dont like any non-blacks in your leadership. You said that, not me.
I gave respect to the slave trade. I said it was bad but we stopped it (because we knew it was bad) and tbh you never bothered to stop your own slave trade in Africa. Today it is reduced which is great but dont stick two fingers up to America and say it is a super-power merely because it had a slave market. I mean look at Africa, where's its super power?

oh ok, if u guys are nt racist why don't u allow a Nigerian into the throne of England and /or become your prime minister? Does it mean u r Racist , no! because its ur country. you won't build a house and leave a total stranger to come live and control u in YOUR house, would you?

Our best jet fighters are based on a plane that came out shortly after WWII (15 Chengdu F-7s from China). Our best attack helicopter is the Hind (Russian, Apache is American).
This is our air force website. Its packed with assorted junk and planes that look like bicycles, what a disgrace! You can view it here
This is an F-16. Where have you ever seen such a plane anywhere near Nigeria? Shocked Shocked

Ironically, this should be a thing of joy, the ADAMIC planes Nigeria has is sufficient for any military negativity that may come their way from any normal and reasonable enemy. In case you have not realized that's why they have allies. Of which America is one of them in case of worse danger, they(Nigeria) will  hold them of with their so-called "spoons" while America comes to help with their swords.

It is very funny also cos if Nigeria was wasting money on such expensive Armament,you will be the same one;s complaining that people are hungry and don't have light, blah, blah.blaaahh. So leave them alone let them stabilize common amenities like light , water, food jobs e.t.c then they can get "your heart-desired " weapons. and your HOUSES, your Houses will be the first testing fields for the  newly acquired bombs.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 1:59pm On Jul 28, 2010
wooooah whats all this about F-16's and Apache's?  shocked
About the J-7's, it came out about 2/3 decades after WW2 and production was only halted in 2008. It has seen sucsessful service in Africa with Zimbabwe (It's involvement in the 2nd Congo war) and with Tanzania (Ugandan-Tanzanian war in stopping Libyan Tu-22's). Only three air forces in the world have given them up and stopped using them altogether. Mozambique, because of it's civil war and being unable to maintain them. Iraq because of how it was beaten and Albania because it didnt see the need to maintain the size of it's armed forces. Nigeria has bought 15 modern versions of the jet (3 appear to be advanced trainers). They aint bad and Nigeria doesnt really have an air force to contend with in the region? You dont really need interceptors in peace-keeping missions and these are replacing older versions of the Mig-21 which is a sign of progression.

As for the rest of the Nigerian air force, well other fighters are sitting on the ground and will probebly be taken out altogether soon, you have plenty of light attack aircraft such as Aermacchi MB-339 (12) and even your nearest rivals (Cameroon) jets are your trainers as the Alpha Jet (24). Theres between 100-200 basic trainers, well over a dozen heavy transports. Your helicopters are found in a few modern armies such as Europe, Russia and the US. And theres well over 50+. Now where does Nigeria need F-16's? If they've got them then thats well ok. A bit unessasery but whatever. Anyway Nigeria if the big daddy in the region. Even if you brought all the air forces in West Africa together they could match this or come anywhere close.

Paca-Z:

oh ok, if u guys are nt racist why don't u allow a Nigerian into the throne of England and /or become your prime minister? Does it mean u r Racist , no! because its your country. you won't build a house and leave a total stranger to come live and control u in YOUR house, would you?
Lol the throne is inherited? wink
Also we have a black labour candidate going for the leadership to lead the secound biggest party in the UK (they only lost by a margin)
Theres the black president of the US kiss
And if you woulnt mind showing me any significant white person at the head of your country? Or may be the leader of your local area. Also should we stop letting blacks settle in Europe and the US because we built our "House" and we dont want you in it? May be we should deport all the afro-Americans? I wouldnt want that but by your way of logic that would be the best soloution?
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by GAR3TH(m): 7:29pm On Jul 28, 2010
Beaf:

This is our flagship plane, the Chengdu J-7 smiley smiley smiley cheesy cheesy cheesy
We've only just recently ordered them, by the way. I don't know if they've been delivered yet. We love anything that is tokunbo.

They are here. . .all 15 of them. there are also some MB-339, Alpha Jet, Sepecat Jaguar etc that makes up the airforce. smiley

A FT-7NI:
www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/0/0/2/1706200.jpg">

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/3/7/7/1705773.jpg">

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/4/5/4/1713454.jpg">

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/1/5/6/1712651.jpg">

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/8/6/5/1712568.jpg">

www.airliners.net/aviation-photos/photos/9/8/4/1712489.jpg">

Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 8:01pm On Jul 28, 2010
lordangers:

wooooah whats all this about F-16's and Apache's? shocked
About the J-7's, it came out about 2/3 decades after WW2 and production was only halted in 2008. It has seen sucsessful service in Africa with Zimbabwe (It's involvement in the 2nd Congo war) and with Tanzania (Ugandan-Tanzanian war in stopping Libyan Tu-22's). Only three air forces in the world have given them up and stopped using them altogether. Mozambique, because of it's civil war and being unable to maintain them. Iraq because of how it was beaten and Albania because it didnt see the need to maintain the size of it's armed forces. Nigeria has bought 15 modern versions of the jet (3 appear to be advanced trainers). They aint bad and Nigeria doesnt really have an air force to contend with in the region? You dont really need interceptors in peace-keeping missions and these are replacing older versions of the Mig-21 which is a sign of progression.

As for the rest of the Nigerian air force, well other fighters are sitting on the ground and will probebly be taken out altogether soon, you have plenty of light attack aircraft such as Aermacchi MB-339 (12) and even your nearest rivals (Cameroon) jets are your trainers as the Alpha Jet (24). Theres between 100-200 basic trainers, well over a dozen heavy transports. Your helicopters are found in a few modern armies such as Europe, Russia and the US. And theres well over 50+. Now where does Nigeria need F-16's? If they've got them then thats well ok. A bit unessasery but whatever. Anyway Nigeria if the big daddy in the region. Even if you brought all the air forces in West Africa together they could match this or come anywhere close.

The Chengdu F7 is a glorified MIG-21. . .And MIG-21 entered service in 1959!!! WWII tech. embarassed
Why can't we have MIG-35 equivalents, if since the 70's we have had MIG 21's? If cost is the problem, we can buy advanced aircraft from South Africa, Pakistan, India etc. We don't need planes that start with "car keys" in this high tech day and age. How long will we defend this backwardness?

I am glad you mentioned Iraq and how their airforce was taken to the cleaners in less than two days. We are an oil producing nation like Iraq, there is no example more apt of why we need a modern airfoce, navy and army. lets stop hailing the crap weapons our men risk their lives with. We owe them much more.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by PacaZ1(m): 3:25am On Jul 29, 2010
@ Beaf , u fail to realize that those country's need/unfortunately get their priorities wrong. Iraq is recovering from a "genocide"wants to prevent the daily bombings, make more impact on the terrorists by getting advanced fighters wen almost everywhere is still with smoke, that's their problem they need to get their priorities wrong for wateva,
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by PacaZ1(m): 3:34am On Jul 29, 2010
South Africa Southafrica, they are always boldly saying 50% of the population is poor , 90%+ are "the owner of the house" @ lordangers , yet (they)-(90%+ the strangersAt Lordangers) have and are producing such weapons.

no body is unnecessarily blowing Nigeria's trumpet all we r saying is a little wow, cos most African nations dont't have up to that and pls i said most, 40/53 at least is still most. So if Nigeria is trying to get its priorities right y be negative? People are hungry, homeless, without regular light and drinking water, plus the regrettable corruption here and there, regular crisis, and u want them to go and buy such expensive stuff?|

for ur concern with the soldiers in fact from the pictures and in reality those going on missions are well equipped no-one sends them with hunter's gun. that's why like i mentioned there are allies and organizations like UN and Au fyi.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 7:53am On Jul 29, 2010
Paca-Z:

South Africa Southafrica, they are always boldly saying 50% of the population is poor , 90%+ are "the owner of the house" @ lordangers , yet (they)-(90%+ the strangersAt Lordangers) have and are producing such weapons.

no body is unnecessarily blowing Nigeria's trumpet all we r saying is a little wow, cos most African nations dont't have up to that and pls i said most, 40/53 at least is still most. So if Nigeria is trying to get its priorities right y be negative? People are hungry, homeless, without regular light and drinking water, plus the regrettable corruption here and there, regular crisis, and u want them to go and buy such expensive stuff?|

for your concern with the soldiers in fact from the pictures and in reality those going on missions are well equipped no-one sends them with hunter's gun. that's why like i mentioned there are allies and organizations like UN and Au fyi.
SA is run by a black nationalist group. Thosse whites you are reffering to are Africans. They built up thee industrys and are not strangers. They have been there for well over a centuary and instead of them owningthe diamond mines, it would be rich foreigners taking money and resources out of the economy. White SA keeps the money in the country. South Africa produces some of the best weapons in the world. The US have used their design's even and they are a world-wide distributer. This market they have forced themselves into has created jobs, increased trade and of coarse supplemented the SANDF (Their military). Now I am not saying Nigeria should start up an industry or buy loads of weapons. I've been saying in other posts how you must counter the threats most well known to you and since Nigeria has no well known external threat, it doesnt need the latest equipment. It needs to keep it's people's needs in mind to stop civil unrest by giving them a good standard of living. Air craft carriers wont do that.
And I am sorry but what were saying about the 40/53 thing and what does it mean?
Also Nigeria is well equiped enough to go out on it's own peace-keeping missions without the need for UN and AU support, they are well equiped for those.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 7:58am On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf:

The Chengdu F7 is a glorified MIG-21. . .And MIG-21 entered service in 1959!!! WWII tech. embarassed
Why can't we have MIG-35 equivalents, if since the 70's we have had MIG 21's? If cost is the problem, we can buy advanced aircraft from South Africa, Pakistan, India etc. We don't need planes that start with "car keys" in this high tech day and age. How long will we defend this backwardness?

I am glad you mentioned Iraq and how their airforce was taken to the cleaners in less than two days. We are an oil producing nation like Iraq, there is no example more apt of why we need a modern airfoce, navy and army. lets stop hailing the crap weapons our men risk their lives with. We owe them much more.
The F-7 was made in 1966 and was different (not completely) but it was defiantly better if only slightly. And why would the likes of China, Pakistan and Egypt all be using them (along with just under a dozen other nations). Nigeria has bought modern F-7's that meet the needs it has. Why does it need Mig-35's? Who will attack them?
Also Iraq gave up theirs after 2003 when they were invaded. The air force was disbanded and it would have been impossible to maintain 80 F-7's with no piolets or maintainance crews,
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 8:26am On Jul 29, 2010
lordangers:

The F-7 was made in 1966 and was different (not completely) but it was defiantly better if only slightly. And why would the likes of China, Pakistan and Egypt all be using them (along with just under a dozen other nations). Nigeria has bought modern F-7's that meet the needs it has. Why does it need Mig-35's? Who will attack them?
Also Iraq gave up theirs after 2003 when they were invaded. The air force was disbanded and it would have been impossible to maintain 80 F-7's with no piolets or maintainance crews,

The F-7 is a MIG-21. Period.
It is an old, crancky and useless plane. You know why the Iraqi's buried their planes in the desert and flew the majority they didn't have the time to bury off to their mortal enemy, Iran? Because they are useless planes; no serious country flies that rubbish and all those who flew it are phasing it out (including the likes of Pakistan).

Who will attack us? Perhaps you haven't heard the latest that Cameroon is no claiming Obudu ranch in addition to Bakassi. If we had MIG-35's and other equivalent weapons, they wouldn't have dared.

If the rationale for decripit weapons is that nobody will attack us, then we are better off arming our brave souls with sticks and catapults to save money.
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by lordangers(m): 1:47pm On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf:

It is an old, crancky and useless plane. You know why the Iraqi's buried their planes in the desert and flew the majority they didn't have the time to bury off to their mortal enemy, Iran? Because they are useless planes; no serious country flies that rubbish and all those who flew it are phasing it out (including the likes of Pakistan).
Yes the F-7 is the Chinese one of the Mig-21 but you are getting modern versions
If they are getting rid of the F-7 (Chinese) then why have they made a recent purchase of them in 2003?!
There are nations getting rid of their J-7's but they are the likes of Pakistan and have you seen their neighbourhood. They're "best friend" India is getting all these 4.5 generation fighters and the US is right on their doorstep. China sits on top of them and they have an insurgency where they need accurate ground attack units.

Who will attack us? Perhaps you haven't heard the latest that Cameroon is no claiming Obudu ranch in addition to Bakassi. If we had MIG-35's and other equivalent weapons, they wouldn't have dared.
So what if they are caliming it? You think they will try and take it by force?  undecided
You could hold them off with our F-7's, your Jaguar's or even your Alpha Jets, you have 4x more then them, of those jets.
You could invade them if you wanted to, do you think they could stop you?

If the rationale for decripit weapons is that nobody will attack us, then we are better off arming our brave souls with sticks and catapults to save money.
Im saying who would attack us in the state we are in now? No one, 

Answers in Bold
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by xterra2(m): 2:27pm On Jul 29, 2010
Beaf:

the F-7 is not a MiG-21 fishbed it is an advanced version of it and ours is an advanced version of the advanced version of the MiG-21, (our F-7 is an advanced version of the normal F-7)
And let Cameroun claim Obudu thats they own palava but they wouldnt dare to attack or come close,
Re: Tribute To Nigerian Military In Pictures by Beaf: 9:40pm On Jul 29, 2010
xterra2:

the F-7 is not a MiG-21 fishbed it is an advanced version of it and ours is an advanced version of the advanced version of the MiG-21, (our F-7 is an advanced version of the normal F-7)
And let Cameroun claim Obudu thats they own palava but they wouldnt dare to attack or come close,

I'm sorry, but I just don't buy the arguments I have heard on this page. They are all rather weak.
The MIG-21 is DNA of the F-7, so as they say "garbage in, garbage out"; what we have is the "advanced version" of a bad plane.

If cost is our problem, why not go for mordern but very low cost planes like the HAL Tejas from India or JF-17 from Pakistan? shocked
The JF-17 is judged to be equivalent or even better than the F-16. Nigeria made enquiries about the JF-17, so why didn't we just go through with it and purchase some decent aircraft?

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (26) (Reply)

Igbos Most Industrious, Innovative and Richest Tribe In Africa see proof / Edo 2020 Governorship Election Updates, Results And Live Monitoring / 2019 Presidential Election Results Announcement By Mahmood Yakubu, INEC (Part 2)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 174
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.