Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,369 members, 7,819,328 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:28 PM

Does God Answer Prayers - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Does God Answer Prayers (2548 Views)

God Does Not Answer Prayers, You Only Think He Does / Does God Really Answer Prayers? / Why Doesn't God Answer My Prayers? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 3:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
hopefulLandlord:

The bible is all lies. Its a fantasy created for control, to impoverish the masses and keep them humble. No longer are chains and whips required, we can control people thru a promise in a book . The government loves evangelistic preaching . It subdues masses, keeps them paying taxes, makes them docile, humble meek low self esteem folks just waiting till death for some promises they will never get. Provisions, prayer requests, blessings for behavior, recompence for offerings and tithes, fruitful accomplished life , all this and more ....you gotta believe !! Faith and the promise of hope.... I hope none of you actually believed it and wasted your life doing as the bible says! That would be a waste of life

Okay that is what you think
Most atheists are aitheists because they didn't get what they want when they prayed
Or
Believed someones article

I just hope you encounter God
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

What if it happens that same moment when you finish praying without doing any work ??

The last time I heard manner came down from heaven was in the bible
If what u didn't work locate u from nowhere just got it in our mind u av stolen someone else hardwork

1 Like

Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:

The last time I heard manner came down from heaven was in the bible
If what u didn't work locate u from nowhere just got it in our mind u av stolen someone else hardwork

What if it is a healing
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 6:04pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

What if it is a healing

Healing how
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 6:07pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:

Healing how
What if someone pray for a healing and geta healed at that moment
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 6:27pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

What if someone pray for a healing and geta healed at that moment

Have u experienced such? I mean urself not seeing others being healed

Don't say yes just because u have to prove me wrong
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 6:30pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:

Have u experienced such? I mean urself not seeing others being healed
Don't say yes just because u have to prove me wrong
I have experienced such Im not saying yes to prove you wrong
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

It pains me that you are lost and you are dumb as well
U claim God does not exist
U then say He has no power to grant wishes

Your quote just shows that He exists

Because you don't understand Him you have allowed the devil to deceive you that He doesn't exist
I pray that God should have mercy on you and reveal Himself to you

Since u say his quote that God does not answer prayer shows that God exists. Does that mean that u accept with his quote that God does not answer any prayer?
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2017
frank317:

Since u say his quote that God does not answer prayer shows that God exists. Does that mean that u accept with his quote that God does not answer any prayer?

No
Im just telling him that from his quote he has admitted that there is a God who he thinks does not answer prayers
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

I have experienced such
Im not saying yes to prove you wrong
I'm talking of instant miracle undecided
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 6:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:
I'm talking of instant miracle undecided
Yeah
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

Yeah
Share with me as ur prove(summarize)
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 6:58pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

I only cry for atheist because they are lost
They mention God's name and still say He doesn't exist
How dumb this is
Well its your own choice

Oga, mentioning God does not mean he exists. If your God exists he should show himself or prove himself to atheists. Isn't he supposed to be too big only exist when someone mentions his name. What kind of God do u serve self? If I say that a green mosquito with dog ears can't fly, does that mean that a green mosquito with dog ears exist?
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 7:02pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

Okay that is what you think
Most atheists are aitheists because they didn't get what they want when they prayed

Lol, isnt this enough reason to be an atheist?
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 7:09pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

No
Im just telling him that from his quote he has admitted that there is a God who he thinks does not answer prayers

That's wrong thinking... Please do well to avoid thinking this way... It's floored, it's even an insult to ur so call almighty God
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 7:21pm On Jan 20, 2017
frank317:

That's wrong thinking... Please do well to avoid thinking this way... It's floored, it's even an insult to ur so call almighty God

How im i thinking ??
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 7:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
frank317:

Lol, isnt this enough reason to be an atheist?
The worst reason to stand by
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 7:26pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:
Share with me as ur prove(summarize)
My head was aching so badly that i couldn't even do anything I nearly said there was no God because of what i was feeling I layed my hand on my head and prayed for healing Instantly the pain left and i was well
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 7:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

How im i thinking ??

That his quote signifies he has admitted God exists. Don't just assume things
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

My head was aching so badly that i couldn't even do anything
I nearly said there was no God because of what i was feeling
I layed my hand on my head and prayed for healing
Instantly the pain left and i was well

OK quite interesting

I'm sure there has been other days when after series of prayer you weren't healed instantly, days when the healing delayed, days when you weren't healed at all, days when you have to go for medication, days when after praying things worsen

I'm I right?
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 7:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

The worst reason to stand by

Well... If someone prays and his prayers are not answered, he can confidently say that there was actually no one to answer the prayer in the first place.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 7:47pm On Jan 20, 2017
frank317:

Well... If someone prays and his prayers are not answered, he can confidently say that there was actually no one to answer the prayer in the first place.

Then you need to read my thread again
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 7:50pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:

OK quite interesting

I'm sure there has been other days when after series of prayer you weren't healed instantly, days when the healing delayed, days when you weren't healed at all, days when you have to go for medication, days when after praying things worsen

I'm I right?

Yes
It shows things wont always look right
Paul prayed soo many times for the thorns on his body to be removed .. but God's answer was .. My grace is sufficient
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 7:53pm On Jan 20, 2017
frank317:

That his quote signifies he has admitted God exists. Don't just assume things

I didn't just
Then he didn't actually understand what he was saying

Its like saying there are no dragons
And coming back to say dragons don't fly

How can you say an unexisting being don't fly
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 8:24pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

Yes
It shows things wont always look right
Paul prayed soo many times for the thorns on his body to be removed .. but God's answer was .. My grace is sufficient

Mysterious god indeed, specifically your story doesn't prove God's existence

Giving god credit for something that is probably, ok lets put it this way I play bet, sometimes my tickict might enter does that mean god worked it through, atheists can also tell a story same as your which means they have same luck as u do and mighty even be more luckier and they will never give god d credit

You said you had miracle expericence from god, after sharing it turn out to be probably
OK
give me prove of god's existence u wrote nonsense and yet give excuses from bible that was written by a people who want exactly what is happening to u.

You gat no personal prove bro so keep quiet
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:

Mysterious god indeed, specifically your story doesn't prove God's existence

Giving god credit for something that is probably, ok lets put it this way I play bet, sometimes my tickict might enter does that mean god worked it through, atheists can also tell a story same as your which means they have same luck as u do and mighty even be more luckier and they will never give god d credit

You said you had miracle expericence from god, after sharing it turn out to be probably
OK
give me prove of god's existence u wrote nonsense and yet give excuses from bible that was written by a people who want exactly what is happening to u.

You gat no personal prove bro so keep quiet

I know you already have in mind that God doesnt exist
I know you are not moved by what i posted
So lets just end it here
Kos my posts are to edify my Christian brothers
If it profits you too glory to God
If it doesnt .. keep your comments
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 8:42pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

I didn't just
Then he didn't actually understand what he was saying

Its like saying there are no dragons
And coming back to say dragons don't fly

How can you say an unexisting being don't fly

Someone who believes dragons don't exist, will also be of the opinion that dragons don't fly especially when he is discussing with another person who believes dragons exist.

He actually is saying that dragons can't fly because they don't exist. He just expects u to understand without always explaining.

Even if he believes God exists but does not answer prayer, it's still makes God useless, so why does assuming he acknowledged God's existence important to u when when in essence he is still of the opinion that God is useless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 8:44pm On Jan 20, 2017
frank317:

Someone who believes dragons don't exist, will also be of the opinion that dragons don't fly especially when he is discussing with another person who believes dragons exist.

He actually is saying that dragons can't fly because they don't exist. He just expects u to understand without always explaining.

Even if he believes God exists but does not answer prayer, it's still makes God useless, so why does assuming he acknowledged God's existence important to u when when in essence he is still of the opinion that God is useless.

Lets end it bro
God bless you
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 8:56pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

I know you already have in mind that God doesnt exist
I know you are not moved by what i posted
So lets just end it here
Kos my posts are to edify my Christian brothers
If it profits you too glory to God
If it doesnt .. keep your comments
And

Re: Does God Answer Prayers by frank317: 9:08pm On Jan 20, 2017
Junia:

Lets end it bro
God bless you

Ya, just wanted clearly show u how faulty such thinking is... It's common with many theists. Cheers.
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by Nobody: 11:22pm On Jan 20, 2017
obinna58:
God Doesn't have the power to grant wishes but we have

You are missing
Re: Does God Answer Prayers by obinna58(m): 11:29pm On Jan 20, 2017
Pidgin2:

You are missing
From where

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

As A Christian At What Age Is Right To Have A Girlfriend / Please I Need Clarification On This Bible Passage.. / Is Suicide A Sin?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.