Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,667 members, 7,823,884 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas - Car Talk (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas (54254 Views)

Is It Compulsory To Vacuum A Vehicle's AC System Before Refill? / The Reason Why You Must Go Round Your Car Before You Drive Off / Watch:Reason Why You Shouldn't Buy A Lamborghini Murcielago If You're A Big Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Jaddun: 6:31am On Nov 21, 2019
Goodday Mr. Mosbos , pls where is Ur shop located n how do I reach u
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 7:52am On Nov 21, 2019
Jaddun:
Goodday Mr. Mosbos , pls where is Ur shop located n how do I reach u
11,okeho street,ire akari Isolo opposite Saint Mary Catholic Church.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by nnamzy007(m): 4:59pm On Nov 21, 2019
Hello do you have any AC technician in
mosbus:

aba,abia state
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 6:22am On Nov 22, 2019
nnamzy007:
Hello do you have any AC technician in aba,abia state
No sir.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by franksam2009: 8:05pm On Nov 25, 2019
Baba mosbus ur AC work is awesome, my car AC is freezing , at 40°c (very hot)outside and me will be inside my car shivering with a running nose while AC is just on number 1,. Nice one boss,

3 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by martyns200(m): 5:25am On Dec 05, 2019
franksam2009:
Baba mosbus ur AC work is awesome, my car AC is freezing , at 40°c (very hot)outside and me will be inside my car shivering with a running nose while AC is just on number 1,. Nice one boss,

Oh really, met u on uber thread and have emailed and called u twice regarding something which u enlightened me, for u to comment on this, mehn it means he's very good at what he does. Whenever I need his ac assistance won't mind going down to isolo to get it rectified

2 Likes

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:10am On Dec 25, 2019
During the holiday season, our thoughts turn gratefully to those who have made our success possible. It is in this spirit that we say thank you and best wishes for the holidays and new year
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by drisi: 5:50pm On Jan 25, 2020
Please is there any AC technician with vacuum pump in Benin city?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:41pm On Jan 26, 2020
drisi:
Please is there any AC technician with vacuum pump in Benin city?

Know pls I don't.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by funkymeky: 8:08pm On Jan 28, 2020
Please @mosbus do you know any good Ac technician in port hacourt ?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:04pm On Jan 28, 2020
[quote author=funkymeky post=86187317]Please @mosbus do you know any good Ac technician in port hacourt ?[/quote

NO i don't
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by AshipaEk0: 11:39am On Jan 29, 2020
mosbus:

Mosbus biko clear me for something.

My volvo AC get one issue, sometimes the AC no go pick, dey cool. na only fan go dey blow.

I notice say e dey usually happen if i no switch the AC off before i switch off the engine.

sometimes if i park for hot sun, when i start motor the AC no go pick (but no be all the time this one dey happen)

but i come discover say if i plug OBD scanner, clear the ECU the AC go pick ,start dey cool again.

as in e dey work steady, normally. dey chill well sef.

abeg wetin you think say dey cause am?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
AshipaEk0:

Mosbus biko clear me for something.

My volvo AC get one issue, sometimes the AC no go pick, dey cool. na only fan go dey blow.

I notice say e dey usually happen if i no switch the AC off before i switch off the engine.

sometimes if i park for hot sun, when i start motor the AC no go pick (but no be all the time this one dey happen)

but i come discover say if i plug OBD scanner, clear the ECU the AC go pick ,start dey cool again.

as in e dey work steady, normally. dey chill well sef.

abeg wetin you think say dey cause am?

Look for a advance scanner and scan the AC system.
What ever code it gives you,send it to me.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 12:58pm On Feb 02, 2020
Fill free to contact mosbus,if you have any issue with your car air conditioning.
You can also send air conditioning error codes.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:59am On Feb 23, 2020
Fill free to contact mosbus,if you have any issue with your car air conditioning.
You can also send air conditioning error codes
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Nobody: 8:19am On Feb 29, 2020
mosbus:
You can also send air conditioning error codes

Please ur WhatsApp no
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:56am On Feb 29, 2020
leorayvon:

Please ur WhatsApp no

1 Like

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by Jaddun: 3:16pm On Mar 05, 2020
Hi mosbus, I lost Ur contact been to Ur workshop once
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by bbally: 3:30pm On Apr 15, 2020
pls boss, I need to replace 2005 Pathfinder cabin filters but I can get it at Ikorodu. if u can help me get and send to Ikorodu, how much will it cost?
is it advisable to pressure flush the evaporator while in the car to clean the surface like the way we flush radiator?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by kaz4sure2015: 8:54pm On Apr 15, 2020
Hi Mosbus , please what could be responsible for my Lexus Es350 not to cool when the temperature is high in the afternoon but normally cool very well in the morning.

I also noticed that the Driver side doesn’t cool as much as the passenger side in the afternoon and it will only pick when I accelerate

Thank you
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 11:26pm On Apr 15, 2020
kaz4sure2015:
Hi Mosbus , please what could be responsible for my Lexus Es350 not to cool when the temperature is high in the afternoon but normally cool very well in the morning.

I also noticed that the Driver side doesn’t cool as much as the passenger side in the afternoon and it will only pick when I accelerate

Thank you

Low refrigerant in the system, check for leakage and also check your radiator fan.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by nnamzy007(m): 6:44pm On Apr 28, 2020
mosbus:

Low refrigerant in the system, check for leakage and also check your radiator fan.
chief,i drive volvo s60. My ac cools very well when am not accelerating but as soon as I accelerate no matter how slow,i think the compressor disengages cos I don't feel the cool air no more..Thank you.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:49pm On Apr 28, 2020
nnamzy007:
chief,i drive volvo s60. My ac cools very well when am not accelerating but as soon as I accelerate no matter how slow,i think the compressor disengages cos I don't feel the cool air no more..Thank you.

Did you just refill the gas,look for a good technician who has advance scanning tools to help you run diagnosis check on the air conditioning.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by nnamzy007(m): 9:32am On Apr 29, 2020
mosbus:

Did you just refill the gas,look for a good technician who has advance scanning tools to help you run diagnosis check on the air conditioning.
that's the problem,as industrious As Aba is,there is no single standard car workshop here let alone AC technicians. Anyone of you that opens a standard workshop here will be making top dollars. Plenty people are in my shoes. By the way,yes I just refilled the gas and no it wasn't vacuumed. Heck they don't even know what vacuuming means.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by idtwo: 7:54pm On Apr 29, 2020
Well done Mosbus and thank you for the very educative thread.
Pls does low refrigerant level always mean there is a leakage in the system?
- Can the refrigerant level reduce without any leakage in the system?
- What should be the ideal refrigerant pressure for a car like Hyundai sonata?
- Lastly, is it advisable technical-wise to 'work' a/c to a car that didn't come with a factory fitted a/c?
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:48pm On Apr 29, 2020
nnamzy007:
that's the problem,as industrious As Aba is,there is no single standard car workshop here let alone AC technicians. Anyone of you that opens a standard workshop here will be making top dollars. Plenty people are in my shoes. By the way,yes I just refilled the gas and no it wasn't vacuumed. Heck they don't even know what vacuuming means.

They have over refilled the system with refrigerant.your car takes 1kg of gas, anything above that is a problem.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2020
idtwo:
Well done Mosbus and thank you for the very educative thread.
Pls does low refrigerant level always mean there is a leakage in the system?
- Can the refrigerant level reduce without any leakage in the system?
- What should be the ideal refrigerant pressure for a car like Hyundai sonata?
- Lastly, is it advisable technical-wise to 'work' a/c to a car that didn't come with a factory fitted a/c?

1,once you have low refrigerant in the system means there's leakage.most likely from your compressor oil seal.
2,idle low pressure without putting on the air conditioning is always 120 and above depending if the system is single or dual evaporator.
3,yes, that's if the technician has the electrical digram,because every car above 2000 model has air conditioning space to install,and the only way it won't affect your car is if you install the thermostat, pressure switch and relay etc,in the right positions.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by idtwo: 11:30pm On Apr 29, 2020
Thank you sir for your prompt answer.
A technician told me that compressor oil seal for cars that are automatic cannot be replaced if the leakage is from the compressor, that one must consider replacing the compressor either with another automatic or 'work' in one from a manual tranny. Vehicle in question is a Hyundai sonata 2009. And cost of the AC compressor is quite high.
Pls what is your view on this? Thanks again.

mosbus:

1,once you have low refrigerant in the system means there's leakage.most likely from your compressor oil seal.
2,idle low pressure without putting on the air conditioning is always 120 and above depending if the system is single or dual evaporat.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 9:28am On Apr 30, 2020
idtwo:
Thank you sir for your prompt answer.
A technician told me that compressor oil seal for cars that are automatic cannot be replaced if the leakage is from the compressor, that one must consider replacing the compressor either with another automatic or 'work' in one from a manual tranny. Vehicle in question is a Hyundai sonata 2009. And cost of the AC compressor is quite high.
Pls what is your view on this? Thanks again.

The technician is right,even when buying a tokunbo automatic controlled compressor,you have to be very careful.
Reason is you don't know the millage of the car,where the compressor is dismantled from.
Such compressor is 50-50.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by idtwo: 7:55pm On Apr 30, 2020
mosbus:

The technician is right,even when buying a tokunbo automatic controlled compressor,you have to be very careful.
Reason is you don't know the millage of the car,where the compressor is dismantled from.
Such compressor is 50-50.

Thank you Oga Mosbus. Deeply appreciate you sir.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by nnamzy007(m): 8:19pm On Apr 30, 2020
Most likely,thank you for the replies.
mosbus:

They have over refilled the system with refrigerant.your car takes 1kg of gas, anything above that is a problem.
Re: Reason Why Is Important To Vacuum A System Before Refilling Of Gas by mosbus: 8:49pm On Apr 30, 2020
idtwo:

Thank you Oga Mosbus. Deeply appreciate you sir.

You welcome sir.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (Reply)

Car Models You Should Avoid As Second Or Third Handed Acquisition.... / This N720m Limousine Can Move On Land And On Water – Its Awesome! / Would You Take This Dirty Lamborghini Or A Very Clean Toyota Camry?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.