Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,286 members, 7,818,971 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:14 AM

Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. - Agriculture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. (14101 Views)

4 Ways To Treat Worms And Pests In Maize Farm In Nigeria / What Is The Right Herbicide To Use On My Cassava Farm? Help Please / Herbicide For Cassava Farm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by Ijele140: 10:12am On Jun 14, 2018
Please where can I get Guardforce in Abuja? I spent yesterday checking Mararaba market but NONE! I'm getting desperate.
Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by peterbello(m): 4:10pm On Jul 23, 2018
Donpuffy:
Guardforce belongs to nicosulfuron family. Nicosulfuron kills all weeds but leaves only the maize. It affects the weeds through the leaves, stems and roots. It is not harmful to maize at all. Though you may experience yellowing of the maize 3-5 days of application but it will disappear by the 2nd week of application. I guess the yellowish coloration was caused by either overdose or short of rainfall at the period.

So I recommend you apply 70-80ml of the guardforce to a 16litre sprayer. 100ml can be too much.

Also, spray the chemical when you're sure of rainfall. Atleast it should rain 3-5days after application.

To avoid overdose, just get Topnicos. It comes in a bottle of small cellophane satchet. All you have to do is drop 1 satchet into your knapsack sprayer and mix. It dissolves in the water immediately. 1 sachet goes for a full knapsack sprayer. I think other companies should also give measurements based on knapsack volumes since most of us use them.

1 Like

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by peterbello(m): 4:14pm On Jul 23, 2018
Ijele140:
Please where can I get Guardforce in Abuja? I spent yesterday checking Mararaba market but NONE! I'm getting desperate.

Must it be Guardforce? Guardforce contains nicosulfuron. So just get another product with Nicosulfuron as the active ingredient.

1 Like

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by letsfarmnigeria: 9:32pm On Jul 23, 2018
you can also use STRIKER in place of guard force its also very effective

at d comfort of your house we can teach you how to farm free of charge just visit our website on letsfarmnigeria.blogsot.com at no cost and u will be glad you did

peterbello:

Must it be Guardforce? Guardforce contains nicosulfuron. So just get another product with Nicosulfuron as the active ingredient.

2 Likes

Re: Herbicide To Control Weed In Maize Farming. by davidsthe(m): 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2018
soil9:
tanx. but no salesman gets incentive for selling guardforce. even my grandmother can sell the products

Can I use guardforce on a field with corn at 3wks, cassava and tender cashew stands on the same field

(1) (2) (Reply)

Agriculture: The Smartest Way To Invest In Real Estate. / Terrorists Demand N12 Million Levy From Zamfara Communities To Begin Farming / Nigeria To Begin Exports Of Zobo Leaves To Mexico, Says NASQ

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.