Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,400 members, 7,826,555 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 03:58 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (114) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (698444 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:51pm On Mar 29, 2017
DeeTus:
I am not saying there's no corruption in Nigeria. I am talking about skills and knowing what to do at the right time.

The country as an entity lacks local professionals that can get these jobs done. And attitude plays an important role too. Most Nigerians are so desperate and this is a huge problem. There's a company that wanted me to work for them. This company is in Lagos. I told them point-blank they have to provide two bedroom flat apartment, a car and a driver and the other man was busy asking about nationality.

It depends on how you coordinate yourself out there. When they see you are not desperate, they will respect and value you.
I don't expect someone that has been in the unemployment force for about 5yrs or more to know what coordination means or desperate when one has finally gotten just one opportunity from the hundreds of application and whom do you blame for this Nigerians did they choose to be in the situation the government should start accounting for any citizens misbehavior out there because they have a hand in it...we are innocent but only compelled by circumstances we never desired as a result of greediness

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:53pm On Mar 29, 2017
RaeMystix:

You're welcome. Exactly what are you having a problem with?
ntn really I just brought that incident up from the past just to shed more light on a topic some one brought up

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RaeMystix: 9:54pm On Mar 29, 2017
Teedawg:
ntn really I just brought that incident up from the past just to shed more light on a topic some one brought up
Got it. Were you admitted into the college?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:58pm On Mar 29, 2017
RaeMystix:

Well said. The state at which other Afircan countries detest us Nigerians is pitiful. As soon as the Nigeria is mentioned, problem starts.
My line of work in Healthcare does prompt me to work with other Africans, and I have seen Kenyas, Tanzanians, and even Ghanaian's working together, but our fellow Nigerians would rather work with whites than together. It's quite Shameful.
the image is already out there unfortunately for us its up to us decide whether we are going to allow bring is down or not God help us!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:59pm On Mar 29, 2017
RaeMystix:
Got it. Were you admitted into the college?.
yup fall 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RaeMystix: 10:00pm On Mar 29, 2017
Teedawg:
the image is already out there unfortunately for us its up to us decide whether we are going to allow bring is down or not God help us!
Sigh.
True.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by RaeMystix: 10:01pm On Mar 29, 2017
Teedawg:
yup fall 2017
Congratulations. Goodluck!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:12pm On Mar 29, 2017
RaeMystix:
Congratulations. Goodluck!!
thank you! grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 12:41am On Mar 30, 2017
cc: Chapecoense, kallowdean, slimmy2005, bbdd, imperiouxx, Fredoricko... Please you guys should advice me on the next steps.

Good day house. please. I applied for Msc to study Public Affairs in NMHU in New Mexico and I got the admission. My i20 was sent in January 10th 2017 and registration was scheduled to end on the 24th of same month so I deferred till fall in August 2017. The question now is, I had initially been denied a b1b2 visa two years ago and same last year August. However, my dad just became a citizen of the US. He resides in Philly, which is why I didn't apply to any school there. Please hope this won't affect my procuring of the visa coz I'm at cross roads and really need advice. 

Furthermore, how do need to say to convince them based on the fact that I have been denied twice? Although, my reason for applying last year was just to attend a seminar and as well see him. 
Thanks in anticipation for the responses.

Imperiouxx responded

As you already know your previous denials would put more scrutiny on your application at the interview. You have been denied visiting, seminar and now you're going for student. You need to proof you have a genuine purpose of going to U.S and not to migrate, as you've tried many other options. Nothing is impossible but you have to convince the VO you're not just looking for a cheap escape route. Answer this questions so that we all can best understand your case.

Did you do any standardized test.
How do you get the school and how many schools
When did you finish your bs
What is your credential like
What's your home ties
Who is your sponsor?

I provided the responses Imperiouxx requested for. But seems he's kinda busy.

That was why I came on this platform to seek advice from the experienced ones.
I'm about to take IELTS which I'm still studying for. 
I got the school from a colleague of mine who's studying there already. I also applied to Temple University, TSU and University of Pennsylvania. 

I got my B.sc in 2011 and I have been working since. Presently, I work with one of the leading banks in Nigeria as a CSE and have been in the sector for 3yrs now. 

I got a 2.98/5.0 due to some issues I had. 

Presently, I have 2 cars in Uber that is generating income for me, I have a shoe business where I make handmade shoes, and I got a land somewhere in Lagos. I still work with the bank though. 

My dad is my sponsor. He is supposed to pay the tuition fees and I take care of the remaining school bills(housing, health, miscellaneous). So yes, my dad will be the sponsor. He's based in the US as a citizen that is why I'm a bit worried about going for the interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Ctemi(f): 3:35am On Mar 30, 2017
cmbagwu:
cc: Chapecoense, kallowdean, slimmy2005, bbdd, imperiouxx, Fredoricko... Please you guys should advice me on the next steps.

Good day house. please. I applied for Msc to study Public Affairs in NMHU in New Mexico and I got the admission. My i20 was sent in January 10th 2017 and registration was scheduled to end on the 24th of same month so I deferred till fall in August 2017. The question now is, I had initially been denied a b1b2 visa two years ago and same last year August. However, my dad just became a citizen of the US. He resides in Philly, which is why I didn't apply to any school there. Please hope this won't affect my procuring of the visa coz I'm at cross roads and really need advice. 

Furthermore, how do need to say to convince them based on the fact that I have been denied twice? Although, my reason for applying last year was just to attend a seminar and as well see him. 
Thanks in anticipation for the responses.

Imperiouxx responded

As you already know your previous denials would put more scrutiny on your application at the interview. You have been denied visiting, seminar and now you're going for student. You need to proof you have a genuine purpose of going to U.S and not to migrate, as you've tried many other options. Nothing is impossible but you have to convince the VO you're not just looking for a cheap escape route. Answer this questions so that we all can best understand your case.

Did you do any standardized test.
How do you get the school and how many schools
When did you finish your bs
What is your credential like
What's your home ties
Who is your sponsor?

I provided the responses Imperiouxx requested for. But seems he's kinda busy.

That was why I came on this platform to seek advice from the experienced ones.
I'm about to take IELTS which I'm still studying for. 
I got the school from a colleague of mine who's studying there already. I also applied to Temple University, TSU and University of Pennsylvania. 

I got my B.sc in 2011 and I have been working since. Presently, I work with one of the leading banks in Nigeria as a CSE and have been in the sector for 3yrs now. 

I got a 2.98/5.0 due to some issues I had. 

Presently, I have 2 cars in Uber that is generating income for me, I have a shoe business where I make handmade shoes, and I got a land somewhere in Lagos. I still work with the bank though. 

My dad is my sponsor. He is supposed to pay the tuition fees and I take care of the remaining school bills(housing, health, miscellaneous). So yes, my dad will be the sponsor. He's based in the US as a citizen that is why I'm a bit worried about going for the interview. 

You ve gud home tie which is enough to convince the consular but the issue of ur sponsor is smhw but I belief wit God all things re possible, u try do ur part n hand over the rest to God. Wish u success in ur endevors.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 4:23am On Mar 30, 2017
cmbagwu:
cc: Chapecoense, kallowdean, slimmy2005, bbdd, imperiouxx, Fredoricko... Please you guys should advice me on the next  

How did your dad become a citizen? Did he overstay his visit and had to get married? They would sure look into that.

If your dad's record isn't all that straight, you would need to look for some other sponsor in Nigeria. This is very key to home ties.

Why are you studying master in public affairs? Why the school? You need to very clear in answering these two questions.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 5:25am On Mar 30, 2017
spaceshipz:

I am already a student in Minnesota. All I am saying is that you guys should " lay down your weapons". Nigerians are not appreciated anywhere now and all of us ought to work together and stop bashing each other online.
You need to see the way Zimbabweans, Ghanians and co are appreciated here, but once you tell them you are from Nigeria they start asking you about yahoo- yahoo and how the hell youths voted for Buhari. Like seriously this is bad, Our international prowess is gone. Even south suadanese get respect pass Nigerians over here now. They know us people who violate student visa laws, marry whites and divorce for green card, yahoo-yahoo, dumb ass president etc.
Please stop bashing online, for the sake of Nigeria. Abeg, biko.

hahahahhaha. This is so funny! Seriously, are you trying to weep up sentiment? Because I do not see any white or black americans that would have the time to ask you all these questions. No one can be that rude. Nigerians are still doing well and respected! We are many and there must be few bad yoke in us. It is not that bad friend

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 5:33am On Mar 30, 2017
spaceshipz:

its just soo bad. my friend is jokingly telling people he is a South Sudan refugee. he says he is tired of being a Nigerian.
the first question I was asked after telling them am a Nigerian in school was " how did the youths voted for buhari" . I was like super confused. so sad.

You are not serious really...So you really allow people to bully you. How did their own youths vote for Trump?

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 8:02am On Mar 30, 2017
chimah3:

If you can't answer a simple question...STFU and don't quote me in you silliness!

Unnecessarily rude, this thread is here today because of very few people like imperiouxx

9 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 8:55am On Mar 30, 2017
Did any post miss road?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:05am On Mar 30, 2017
Thanks o jare. I dont think it's bad.
Exactly what came to my mind, if they ask me about Buhari, I will ask them about Trump. If we look deeper, we will see that no nation is perfect and each has its own issues. The day you taunt me about my country's inadequacy, be ready to hear about yours. Nigeria, like other African countries, is still in the works. Things will get better if we are willing to do better.

Amidst the rumbles going on, we have many good people and still have opportunities we can use to our collective prosperity. Why would someone deny his nationality abroad? (threat to life aside). I am yet to understand that.

Mayflowa:

You are not serious really...So you really allow people to bully you. How did their own youths vote for Trump?

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pascalp: 9:53am On Mar 30, 2017
I have been a silent follower and want to thank everyone @justwise and all other guru's .........I have been offer admission into the university of bridge port but yet to receive the form I-20. Please I will like to get acquainted with peeps already in this university of bridge port to know more
please pm me
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by justwise(m): 10:03am On Mar 30, 2017
ganiyuadeoye:
Yes I asked him, and quoted him in some of his post but no response. I also sent mail to the supermod but yet no response

@justwise, I will still be glad if you can direct me as appropriate on this issue.\

Best Regards.

Unfortunately this is not something I can help you out with. Change of moniker can only be done by the admin though I know it takes ages to get a response from them.

Sorry for delay in replying your post.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 10:16am On Mar 30, 2017
Mayflowa:

Thanks for this bro, I must confess I was scared when I first saw his post.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dicapino: 1:15pm On Mar 30, 2017
Nairalanders who will be attending the nsbe Convention. It will be great seeing anyone!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 30, 2017
OGreene:
Thanks o jare. I dont think it's bad.
Exactly what came to my mind, if they ask me about Buhari, I will ask them about Trump. If we look deeper, we will see that no nation is perfect and each has its own issues. The day you taunt me about my country's inadequacy, be ready to hear about yours. Nigeria, like other African countries, is still in the works. Things will get better if we are willing to do better.

Amidst the rumbles going on, we have many good people and still have opportunities we can use to our collective prosperity. Why would someone deny his nationality abroad? (threat to life aside). I am yet to understand that.

the world does not want to hear the truth. How many years will Nigeria be in works? every year work. if care is not taken very soon Nigeria will have a brain drain because people are leaving everyday through all means possible. Lets just embrace the truth and stop saying it will get better because seriously speaking it might not. Next election they will form another party and bring one old thief and voom everybody will vote and start complaining. if not for the Electoral college and whites hatred for Obama, trump stood no chance of winning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Emmyirab(m): 2:50pm On Mar 30, 2017
Hello... Anyone here applying to UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY this fall? Or is anyone here already in UTAH VALLEY UNIVERSITY??

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Adex097: 3:52pm On Mar 30, 2017
gunther6:

Economics is one of the fields where it is especially hard for you as a Nigerian to get into ' a fully funded PhD program ' with just a BSc, the 4.1 is rather low, too low for any PhD program with real aspirations. But if you have a barrel of money (arigbabuwo) nothing should stop you from applying, but if you have rather limited resources and you are looking to squeeze maximum value or generate some serious 'consumer surplus' you should focus on awesome Masters program like Miami University, Ohio or some other awesome school, see how it goes for one or two semesters, see how it actually goes. PhD especially in Economics is not beans and as a Nigerian trained one you will come to find out as the Americans say 'you ain't all that'. Choose wisely and I hail all the baba's in the house.
HMMM, Thank you sir.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Adex097: 4:02pm On Mar 30, 2017
GboyegaD:

In all you do, try to start reaching out to students in your program/school of interest. Sometimes, they are able to tell you what the strength of the program is and what is key in the application.
I've been able to reach some students before now via LinkedIN but i'm yet to initiate a correspondence with them [will do that ASAP].
Thank you so much.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 4:25pm On Mar 30, 2017
dicapino:
Nairalanders who will be attending the nsbe Convention. It will be great seeing anyone!!!

Hi Bro, am at the NSBE convention. Send me a pm lets meet up. By the way, there are so many Nigerians at the convention. Everywhere you turn, Naija... grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 4:51pm On Mar 30, 2017
Thank you boss, I so much appreciate your response to this. I have actually open a new moniker and declare it earlier,because this moniker hinder my contribution on the thread sometimes..

Best Regards.

justwise:

Unfortunately this is not something I can help you out with. Change of moniker can only be done by the admin though I know it takes ages to get a response from them.

Sorry for delay in replying your post.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by BJOO(m): 4:54pm On Mar 30, 2017
dadaojames:
I need those materials too

pls help me with the material jydoebony@yahoo.com
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dannyjumbo(m): 5:41pm On Mar 30, 2017
[quote author=Ardedaryor post=54944315][/quote]pls which should I pay for?

(1) (2) (3) ... (111) (112) (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.