Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:07 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696045 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jatsay001: 10:05pm On Apr 01, 2017
I have $220 for the wes and sevis payment at the rate of $1/390. Pm for arrangement.

Kevoki:

Yaay!! It's fair tho
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by dazzy2(f): 10:48pm On Apr 01, 2017
ddu:
Great work and well done everyone!

Pls., anybody with a reliable contact in Fed. Polytechnic Offa Kwara State?
We have being on spouse's Transcript since January.
Kindly help us out.

Thanks in advance for your help.
better go to ur exams and record and pay ur way through if not even 1 year its not out
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 10:53pm On Apr 01, 2017
Perotti:
Hello house, greetings to my ogas at the top. I have a skype interview with a potential PhD supervisor for next week. Please any tips and advice?
Thank you all.
Cheers

Read a little about his research work..tie your background and interests to that. Show some zeal as well in the way you gesticulate, and be confident. You'll be fine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:06pm On Apr 01, 2017
Perotti:
Hello house, greetings to my ogas at the top. I have a skype interview with a potential PhD supervisor for next week. Please any tips and advice?
Thank you all.
Cheers

Pasted below is a previous response to someone but some of it might be useful to you ....All the best

happyday:

Congratulations! If anything, you can be sure that the department thinks you're good on paper. It's time to make them gauge how eligible you're for a PhD slot in their program. First, how did you get the interview invite? Was it through a normal application, or you knew someone (a grad student, post-doc or faculty) who helped you 'press' the right buttons? If it's the latter, you might contact them to give you a heads-up on what to expect.

Either way, you need not fret. Interviews like this is 2-way. They're trying to interview you, as much as you're trying to interview them!

Firstly, be prepared for the interview. If you don't have a 2-way headset (microphone and earpiece), get one. If your internet connection is not optimal, find a place where you can be connected for the period of the interview. Ensure your PC's battery is fine enough to last you throughout the interview, even if PHCN comes knocking.

Resist the temptation to dress in half. Dress as if you'll be attending an in-person interview. You might need to stand up, plus dressing full-length will give you confidence levels a huge boost. Minutes before the interview, test run the audio, video and internet connection. Test everything and make sure all is in order.

Then, you'll need to be ready. Find out about your interviewers. How many are they? It doesn't hurt to ask prior to the interview. Most likely, your future advisor will be leading the team. Check his research page and really dig into his research interests. You'll need to show some enthusiasm about his research objectives. Otherwise, he might think you won't make a great addition to his lab. Which might be okay than for you spending the next 5 years on something you absolutely have no interest in. If you're applying with a BSc, be prepared to discuss your final year project, and look for ways to link it up with the faculty's research work. Ultimately, your answers should reflect that you've taken time out to know what the Prof is working on, and how you see yourself being a great Plus One in his lab.

He would also like you to meet him. Pay attention. Don't get lost in the need to impress him/them. Tell him your doubts, be open and let him know you're looking forward to working with him, if truly he seems a cool person to work with. Prepare a few questions to ask, towards the end. It shows your level of initiative and motivation. Ask about the application process. If one document won't be coming through anytime soon, let him know. He might fight for you at the admissions committees. Again, if he thinks you're good enough. Which takes me to the last point.

Blow your trumpet. Don't be reserved or 'humble'. Glance through the documents you've submitted to them, and make sure you can defend them very well at the interview.

If all goes well, he might typical encourage you to apply. If you haven't done so already. I wish you the best.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ziggy3579: 11:14pm On Apr 01, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by HenryWilliams(m): 10:34am On Apr 02, 2017
Teedawg:
F2 that's what it's meant for

You're not being clear. Does The family have to apply individually For the F2 visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DifferentCase(m): 11:09am On Apr 02, 2017
Of course yes, they are all seen as different indifferent individuals.
HenryWilliams:

You're not being clear. Does The family have to apply individually For the F2 visa?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Perotti: 11:17am On Apr 02, 2017
biikeys:

Read a little about his research work..tie your background and interests to that. Show some zeal as well in the way you gesticulate, and be confident. You'll be fine

Thank you Big Boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 11:35am On Apr 02, 2017
HenryWilliams:

yes sir individually
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 3:27pm On Apr 02, 2017
Tundephish:

Sup bro, what if one decides to change career? Like who did business administration as first degree in Nigeria and want to be a nurse which is not possible here in Nigeria without science background. But there in USA you can apply for nursing in a college with or without science background. Please let me know if I'm right or wrong

If you're applying for a 4 year BSN program, then you may not need sciences to get in but you need science to finish a nursing program. Mistake some people make is going for nursing and not science inclined. Many nursing courses are sciences eg Chem, bio, O.Chem, physics, pharmacology, pathophysiology, anatomy&physiology, microbiology etc.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 4:14pm On Apr 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

If you're applying for a 4 year BSN program, then you may not need sciences to get in but you need science to finish a nursing program. Mistake some people make is going for nursing and not science inclined. Many nursing courses are sciences eg Chem, bio, O.Chem, physics, pharmacology, pathophysiology, anatomy&physiology, microbiology etc.

I guess he is particular about what it takes to get in. But even if he gets in without a science background, do you think he will ever be able to cope? Do you think the tutorials he will get in school on those science courses you mentioned would be sufficient for him to pass his exams without the high school science experience?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by deWav: 4:48pm On Apr 02, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:54pm On Apr 02, 2017
My roommate that went for NSBE conference in Kansas city said Nigerians full ground. If you look left,right,front and back, na Nigerians.
You see why those people dey fear Nigerians? They don't want us to takeover this country grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bobority: 5:37pm On Apr 02, 2017
OluDare01:
My roommate that went for NSBE conference in Kansas city said Nigerians full ground. If you look left,right,front and back, na Nigerians.
You see why those people dey fear Nigerians? They don't want us to takeover this country grin

As in ehn...so I heard o...na we full there pass. Even the peeps I know personally that went there are more than 20....lol...How are you doing bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 6:56pm On Apr 02, 2017
neurosci:

I guess he is particular about what it takes to get in. But even if he gets in without a science background, do you think he will ever be able to cope? Do you think the tutorials he will get in school on those science courses you mentioned would be sufficient for him to pass his exams without the high school science experience?

Hope you see where I addressed his question in my first line. I went further to let him know even if science is not required for entry into in a 4 year BSN program, science is needed to finish a nursing program. If a non traditional science student can attend a MD/DO or PA school and graduate, how much more nursing program? His ability to cope as a non traditional science student depends on how smart and committed he's to take on the challenges. Problem with many people going into nursing program from other fields is that they only looking at the incentives nurses receive.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 7:04pm On Apr 02, 2017
imperiouxx:

Hope you see where I addressed his question in my first line. I went further to let him know even if science is not required for entry into in a 4 year BSN program, science is needed to finish a nursing program. If a non traditional science student can attend a MD/DO or PA school and graduate, how much more nursing program? His ability to cope as a non traditional science student depends on how smart and committed he's to take on the challenges. Problem I've seen with many people diving into nursing program from other field is they only looking at the incentives nurses receive.

Okay, thanks for the enlightenment, sir.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:25pm On Apr 02, 2017
Bobority:

As in ehn...so I heard o...na we full there pass. Even the peeps I know personally that went there are more than 20....lol...How are you doing bro
You seff go shocked
Weldonema!
I am good o
Enjoying this beautiful sunshine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cmbagwu(m): 7:29pm On Apr 02, 2017
Thank you very much imperiouxx. I really appreciate. I may have to contact my school to change the sponsor on the i20. I do hope it doesn't get delayed.

imperiouxx:

Hi. As a student you're good but your USC dad sponsor is my concern. Your USC dad doesn't show any tie to Nigeria. Like others told you, circumstances surrounding how he got his citizenship matters. If you're trying to change your sponsor on your I-20, you have to ask the school to give you a new I-20 with the correct sponsor. Relatives who reside in Nigeria are the best as home tie. Also, don't forget that you already told them you're financially capable when applying for the B1/B2 and seminar. So going by your worth, self sponsor would have looked good in this case. All in all, you've applied at the embassy before and was denied for no tie, now as a student, prepare for questions about your ties and authenticity. You know what you're expecting on that day, so you have to be on top of your game. Wishing you the best.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bobority: 7:45pm On Apr 02, 2017
OluDare01:

You seff go shocked
Weldonema!
I am good o
Enjoying this beautiful sunshine

Lol...I no go o I'm just saying "we" as per Nigerians i b naija too na ..... lol....good to know you're doing well. Take care bro!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DanjaNinja(m): 4:26am On Apr 03, 2017
OluDare01:

Yes, Nigerians were there in large numbers and so were indians. These indians dont cease to amaze me. Nna, are you people black ni? Biko leave NSBE for us o. grin grin

Additionally, recruiters were quite aggressive about not hiring international students. The first question they ask you is "Would you at anytime need sponsorship?". As in, the thing just tire me. I guess this was the effect of the recent change in immigration policies by Trump.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by djmakson(m): 5:44am On Apr 03, 2017
DanjaNinja:

Yes, Nigerians were there in large numbers and so were indians. These indians dont cease to amaze me. Nna, are you people black ni? Biko leave NSBE for us o. grin grin

Additionally, recruiters were quite aggressive about not hiring international students. The first question they ask you is "Would you at anytime need sponsorship?". As in, the thing just tire me. I guess this was the effect of the recent change in immigration policies by Trump.

It's a constant. They've always asked even before Trump came in. They even ask during CPT application and recruitment if you'll need sponsorship in future.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Rudaiya(f): 8:29am On Apr 03, 2017
So, you want to go to college in (or near) the City of Angels. We can't blame you, Hollywood. Check out this great ORT college in Los Angeles -
https://www.laort.edu/
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 8:35am On Apr 03, 2017
Hello house....I just got my i20 on friday and i intend to make payment for my SEVIS fee. I will appreciate if anyone could help with that...GODBLESS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by sundaydammy: 9:33am On Apr 03, 2017
Pls what can one do after he missed US visa appointment
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Drocks: 9:54am On Apr 03, 2017
sundaydammy:
pay another visa fee and re-book your appointment.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:13am On Apr 03, 2017
sundaydammy:

How could you miss the appointment. Well you are about to make the US government richer with another application fee. grin grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 10:44am On Apr 03, 2017
naijatisumi:
Hello house....I just got my i20 on friday and i intend to make payment for my SEVIS fee. I will appreciate if anyone could help with that...GODBLESS
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by rinw: 12:56pm On Apr 03, 2017
OluDare01:
Have you tried using any gtb or access card?

Thanks a lot @Oludare01 for helping me send my GRE score without collecting a dime from me. God bless you plenty.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by naijatisumi: 1:21pm On Apr 03, 2017
I wanna pay SEVIS FEE ... Someone should help please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joshtune: 1:27pm On Apr 03, 2017
Hello everyone.. plz I'm having trouble paying ESHIP GLOBAL for my I20 and I don't have a PayPal account.. if there's anyone who would like to help me with the payment plz send me a message so we can talk, ITS VERY URGENT thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jyemsta(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
joshtune:
Hello everyone.. plz I'm having trouble paying ESHIP GLOBAL for my I20 and I don't have a PayPal account.. if there's anyone who would like to help me with the payment plz send me a message so we can talk, ITS VERY URGENT thanks.
Pm Texrem....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jyemsta(m): 2:10pm On Apr 03, 2017
naijatisumi:
I wanna pay SEVIS FEE ... Someone should help please
Pm Texrem

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.