Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (14) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695905 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ProfOjah1234: 10:30pm On Jan 27, 2017
@Lagosismyhome.. Nice one and your head is valid..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:35pm On Jan 27, 2017
Thanks all for your kind words...... We give God all the glory

So now there a ban on mentioning my moniker or else Justwise please send offenders to nairaland kirikiri . E has do biko smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ganiyuadeoye: 10:43pm On Jan 27, 2017
Bail is free in Nairaland kirikiri, the person will even come out fresher and healthier, Justwise will also be tired of jailing self.

Aiit mama

LagosismyHome:
Thanks all for your kind words...... We give God all the glory

So now there a ban on mentioning my moniker or else Justwise please send offenders to nairaland kirikiri . E has do biko smiley

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 11:37pm On Jan 27, 2017
sirRiddy:
You should know that people would just say random schools that come to their minds.
He needs to do the research himself to get the best results obtainable.
He can search for "Graduate Assistantship Mathematics MS US" in google.
He can also replace Graduate Assistantship with GTA or GRA just for better results.
All these vague questions makes you come across as lazy and you need to avoid that
as much as you can. When you have specific questions, people here will gladly answer that.
cc agwuuche

I think not in all cases should everyone be painted with the same brush...in this case a lazy brush

Some people are good in research and pulling information and some arent and need a little guidance or for someone to point them in the right direction....its also possible that they know the right direction but just need more info based on others personal experience or recommendation.....

Labelling people puts people off from asking questions and ideally this is a learning environment for some and a new experience. I agree that the same questions are asked all the time when it can easily be found using the search button but then again some people really dont know there is a search button either.....

12 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:01am On Jan 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

I think not in all cases should everyone be painted with the same brush...in this case a lazy brush

Some people are good in research and pulling information and some arent and need a little guidance or for someone to point them in the right direction....its also possible that they know the right direction but just need more info based on others personal experience or recommendation.....

Labelling people puts people off from asking questions and ideally this is a learning environment for some and a new experience. I agree that the same questions are asked all the time when it can easily be found using the search button but then again some people really dont know there is a search button either.....
If one cannot make simple research like schools to apply to, that person is likely not ready for grad school. That is the reality. Questions are normal but banal and basic questions like the one above shows lack of enthusiasm and laziness. One should have a reference point after doing some findings to receive better answers and learn from the experience. I did not say anyone is lazy, just that that question makes him come off as lazy. I am only saying the truth and hope not to come off as being too harsh. Many people including myself who went down the path admit to it when mistakes are made later due to lack of research.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fizzile(m): 12:32am On Jan 28, 2017
sirRiddy:

If one cannot make simple research like schools to apply to, that person is likely not ready for grad school. That is the reality. Questions are normal but banal and basic questions like the one above shows lack of enthusiasm and laziness. One should have a reference point after doing some findings to receive better answers and learn from the experience. I did not say anyone is lazy, just that that question makes him come off as lazy. I am only saying the truth and hope not to come off as being too harsh. Many people including myself who went down the path admit to it when mistakes are made later due to lack of research.
Sirriddy am surprised at you to say the least. I least expected such comments from you. You know me so well. If i had any information i needed, i do mail you..dont i? Down to my coming to the UK. Atleast that should tell you am not a novice in this process but just needed a guide for someone. When last did u see me here asking questions of that nature. U know me and u know these are things i have done personally. I simply needed information to guide someone close to me. Not every one is conversant with the steps. To be honest with you, this person who needs this information is my own blood uncle. My mum's younger brother and he is new on nairaland. I gave him a few tips but had to tell him about this thread, of which he came here and sought some guide.
If anyone would have reacted this way, not you of all people. Did i ask for so much?
If one can get such response, i wonder what will happen if one is stranded in the US.
Thanks all the same sirriddy for your response to my humble appeal but nevermind all the same. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:42am On Jan 28, 2017
LOL, you have taken it personally.
I responded based on the question, not who asked the question.
I was not trying to be rude and I did not call you lazy. When I wrote the
GRE, I sent my scores to four schools, three out of which I did not apply to.
That was due to lack of research on my part and I wish someone told me the truth then.
My approach was definitely lazy and I made many silly mistakes too.
I was only pointing it out now so he can do proper research before wasting his money.
The fact that he is new makes the answer appropriate so he can understand how
it works and do the right thing. Is it too much for him to read through the thread?
If people lists schools for him, he will just go ahead without doing the right things
and waste resources. Why not tell him read the thread and get better answers?
I did not mean to insult or demean you or your uncle to be honest. I was just genuinely
telling him the right thing to do. If he has specific questions, I will be more than happy to
answer them if I can. How is the UK treating you?
fizzile:
Sirriddy am surprised at you to say the least. I least expected such comments from you. You know me so well. If i had any information i needed, i do mail you..dont i? Down to my coming to the UK. Atleast that should tell you am not a novice in this process but just needed a guide for someone. When last did u see me here asking questions of that nature. U know me and u know these are things i have done personally. I simply needed information to guide someone close to me. Not every one is conversant with the steps. To be honest with you, this person who needs this information is my own blood uncle. My mum's younger brother and he is new on nairaland. I gave him a few tips but had to tell him about this thread, of which he came here and sought some guide.
If anyone would have reacted this way, not you of all people. Did i ask for so much?
If one can get such response, i wonder what will happen if one is stranded in the US.
Thanks all the same sirriddy for your response to my humble appeal but nevermind all the same. Cheers.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by fizzile(m): 12:59am On Jan 28, 2017
sirRiddy:
That was due to lack of research on my part and I wish someone told me the truth then.
I was only pointing it out now so he can do proper research before wasting his money.
The fact that he is new makes the answer appropriate so he can understand how
it works and do the right thing. Is it too much for him to read through the thread?
If people lists schools for him, he will just go ahead without doing the right things
and waste resources. Why not tell him read the thread and get better answers?
I did not mean to insult or demean you or your uncle to be honest. I was just genuinely
telling him the right thing to do. If he has specific questions, I will be more than happy to
answer them if I can. How is the UK treating you?
Well its alright. I understand. Just that i didnt have time to really put him through and i asked him to also come here and go through the thread from some parts. No beef man. You are still my niggar..hahaha.. UK is treating me fine but Trumpland na ahead ahead oooo.. Just viewing Trumpland with my binocular. Kinda finding it difficult getting schools that offer PhD in Environmental management. Planning for the next phase after this UK.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:26am On Jan 28, 2017
sirRiddy:
I was only p
I am with you on this 100%. I never applied to any of the schools i sent my GRE score to, i wasted all 4 spots and had to send GRE score with a fee again, thats what you get when you don't do proper research on your own or ask the grad cord questions yourself.People telling you to do research is not being rude or proud, is just simply saying i don't want you to make the mistake i made. I don't think its bad when you tell people to do research about schools that meets there requirements et al. All the tools and websites needed to do such research have be pasted, re-pasted, re-re-re pasted over and over again. The least they can do is to dedicated some time to look up schools. Our dreams and what we want from each program are all different,What you deem fit is different from what i deem fit. People will come here and as for schools to apply for and they even mess it up by saying its urgent, I Mean, preparing for graduate school is never urgent..it takes time and a lot of hard work.Nobody has time to do that research for you. I remember someone telling me i should apply to Louisiana State University,Baton Rouge that funding is surer than Jesus 2nd coming, my brother i sent grad cord mail tire, i didn't get any funding, i remember the grad cord telling me that they only give TAs to students that have passed there own English exam. If i had done my research well, i would have gotten that info and i am 100% sure i wouldn't have wasted my $100 application fee and all the cost i incurred in sending GRE,transcript and Toelf score. Additionally even if you get a 20hrs TA or GA, some schools wont waive your Tuition as a Masters student, i know for a fact schools in North Carolina, Even an RA will only pay the instate part of your Tuition. So brothers and Sisters, you need to start doing your research yourself, ask questions and come here to ask specific questions. Nobody is being rude or proud or whatever English you people call it.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Hmmm. This Trump era no be sere sere. cheesy
fizzile:
Well its alright. I understand. Just that i didnt have time to really put him through and i asked him to also come here and go through the thread from some parts. No beef man. You are still my niggar..hahaha.. UK is treating me fine but Trumpland na ahead ahead oooo.. Just viewing Trumpland with my binocular. Kinda finding it difficult getting schools that offer PhD in Environmental management. Planning for the next phase after this UK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:39am On Jan 28, 2017
femi321:
I am with you on this 100%. I never applied to any of the schools i sent my GRE score to, i wasted all 4 spots and had to send GRE score with a fee again, thats what you get when you don't do proper research on your own or ask the grad cord questions yourself.People telling you to do research is not being rude or proud, is just simply saying i don't want you to make the mistake i made. I don't think its bad when you tell people to do research about schools that meets there requirements et al. All the tools and websites needed to do such research have be pasted, re-pasted, re-re-re pasted over and over again. The least they can do is to dedicated some time to look up schools. Our dreams and what we want from each program are all different,What you deem fit is different from what i deem fit. People will come here and as for schools to apply for and they even mess it up by saying its urgent, I Mean, preparing for graduate school is never urgent..it takes time and a lot of hard work.Nobody has time to do that research for you. I remember someone telling me i should apply to Louisiana State University,Baton Rouge that funding is surer than Jesus 2nd coming, my brother i sent grad cord mail tire, i didn't get any funding, i remember the grad cord telling me that they only give TAs to students that have passed there own English exam. If i had done my research well, i would have gotten that info and i am 100% sure i wouldn't have wasted my $100 application fee and all the cost i incurred in sending GRE,transcript and Toelf score. So brothers and Sisters, you need to start doing your research yourself and come here to as specific questions. Nobody is being rude or proud or whatever English you people call it.
Yeah, people would suggest which is not a bad thing, but one should also
do his own research so as to minimize waste especially during this Buhari era.
Thanks to bigFrancis21 for always emphasizing this then. I also wasted 90 dollars
on ASU due to my ara ti o bale. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:43am On Jan 28, 2017
sirRiddy:

Yeah, people would suggest which is not a bad thing, but one should also
do his own research so as to minimize waste especially during this Buhari era.
Thanks to bigFrancis21 for always emphasizing this then. I also wasted 90 dollars
on ASU due to my ara ti o bale. grin
Lmaooooo..You no waste money reach me, money wey no dey. We thank God sha. This Buhari era is not even an era one has to be wasting money anyhow.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 1:55am On Jan 28, 2017
sirRiddy:
Hmmm. This Trump era no be sere sere. cheesy
Lol.
Executive orders ti take over

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:35am On Jan 28, 2017
cheesy
OluDare01:

Lol.
Executive orders ti take over
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mayflowa(m): 3:09am On Jan 28, 2017
fizzile:

That is not how US schools work. UK can create any course they like i.e, reservoir engineering, natural gas engineering, refinery design etc. In US, all of these would be taught in Petroleum Engineering. Sometimes in Chemical Engineering. You may then choose to do your thesis in one defined area.

So your environmental Management falls under Civil Engineering. You would likely find an expert in Civil Engineering of any school in US dealing on environment management and modelling

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 3:56am On Jan 28, 2017
justwise:

You should be better than this, you got full funding plus stipends? Great! but using it to start war of words is just immature.

Focus on your project like somebody said to you already.

Exactly my thought when I saw that.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by imperiouxx(m): 3:58am On Jan 28, 2017
OGreene:
Awesome!!! Cecemat can you add what you think helped you get funding. Did you speak to the Profs or it was just your application?

It depends on how rich your department is and the strength or number of competitors in the pool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 4:18am On Jan 28, 2017
I just wanna chip in this.
Folks, if you have multiple admissions with funding,please try and differ your other admission.
Something happened here at tech,the school lost 70% of her funding and it's been a hard time for grad students here. In situations like this, some folks have left for other schools ,some dropped out of school while others are still struggling to get funding.Funding is contingent upon availability.
So please, don't throw away all your eggs.
Things like this don't happen often but we never can tell what would happen.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kenniez26: 4:35am On Jan 28, 2017
Bikeys thanks so much for your contribution.To add to it , u don't need to leave USA to Nigeria because the passport with visa got loss ,u can apply for passport here in USA from Nigeria embassy in new York or consulates in Atlanta and Washington like u said and after getting the passport, u will apply for visa in Nigeria as if u are applying for a new one but the difference is that the interview will be done either online or through call center.Thanks so much again.God bless

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 7:31am On Jan 28, 2017
Hello. First of all, applying to one school is too risky oooo. Why put your eggs in one basket? shocked Please you must choose more than 1 school.

Have you taken GRE and TOEFL? What session are you looking at?

People will suggest some schools for you. But you must also google that, so you can see all the other schools that offer the program. Try msinus.com, usnews.com, gradschools.com, thegradcafe.com etc.

Write down the schools, go to their website and read the requirements, curriculum, tuition, funding opportunity, deadline etc. Does it match what you want? Then you can mention the schools here so people can give you their opinion about some schools.

By the time you are done, you will have like 4 schools on your list. Then you can decide whether to pick 2, 3 or more

bbidakin:

@ Oludare. Please your advise is urgently needed.Please l need information around skools with funding in the US. I have been able to save naira equivalent of USD 100 for application fee but l dont have that luxury of multiple application.l have 3.95 of 5 in Economics and l plan an M.Sc in Mgt/Finance/Accounting/Social Sciences . Please assit

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 8:05am On Jan 28, 2017
bbidakin:

@ Oludare. Please your advise is urgently needed.Please l need information around skools with funding in the US. I have been able to save naira equivalent of USD 100 for application fee but l dont have that luxury of multiple application.l have 3.95 of 5 in Economics and l plan an M.Sc in Mgt/Finance/Accounting/Social Sciences . Please assit

Sorry to have to say this but sometimes advice is not what you want to hear.
If you have struggled to collect as little as $100-00
Then how will you pay for all the other things required?
There will be many things to pay for not least air ticket, visa, school fees and accomodation.

If your finances are not strong then perhaps USA school is not for you.
It would be a crime to wast what little money you have starting an application that you can not finish.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by aadeyi: 8:24am On Jan 28, 2017
worry357:

Sorry to have to say this but sometimes advice is not what you want to hear.
If you have struggled to collect as little as $100-00
Then how will you pay for all the other things required?
There will be many things to pay for not least air ticket, visa, school fees and accomodation.

If your finances are not strong then perhaps USA school is not for you.
It would be a crime to wast what little money you have starting an application that you can not finish.

Exactly what I was thinking..... No offence
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by SilaV: 8:40am On Jan 28, 2017
OluDare01:
Folks, if you have multiple admissions with funding,please try and differ your other admission.
Something happened here at tech,the school lost 70% of her funding and it's been a hard time for grad students here. In situations like this, some folks have left for other schools ,some dropped out of school while others are still struggling to get funding.Funding is contingent upon availability.

This information you(as an insider) just dropped is very timely,bro.Tennessee Technological University is one of the schools in my radar, with the hope of getting a TA/RA position. I have always heard that they are generous with funding; even the information about funding on their site subtly attests to this.Please, do you know whether this 70% loss of funding also affects the Electrical and Computer Engineering department?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:07am On Jan 28, 2017
Okay

imperiouxx:

It depends on how rich your department is and the strength or number of competitors in the pool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 9:23am On Jan 28, 2017
True that! We can state our opinion, agree or disagree without LABELLING the poster.

God bless you ma'am for your benevolence (that guy's GRE).

LagosismyHome:

[/b]Labelling people puts people off from asking questions[b] and ideally this is a learning environment for some and a new experience. I agree that the same questions are asked all the time when it can easily be found using the search button but then again some people really dont know there is a search button either.....

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jan 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Sis, you probably need to encourage people more on how to be smart, not other way round. If an adult who wants to study abroad does not know how to use search button or engine, then it implies that his or her education is faulty and may likely struggle academically among clever students. There shouldn't be any excuse for lack of basic knowledge.

In education, to come hard on someone is not good but it does help to revitalize that person actually. During my school days, I had a prof who always makes not too friendly comments about me and one other guy, maybe because we were chocolate in color compared to other students. To add insult to injury, he said he wasn't expecting us to do particularly well in his course but I told him that we'll surprise everybody especially him. I told my classmate we don't have to let ourselves down.

Believe me, we wouldn't have achieved a good result if he wasn't nasty on us. grin

In essence, what I'm saying is that there's limit to everything we do. It's good to help folks but spoon-feeding them is not really good and could lead to academic laziness. If money were to be there, I strongly believe, they may unlikely ask you how to get these monies.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:14pm On Jan 28, 2017
slimmy2005:

Me too want to write TOEFL and GRE o sad

Lol.... na so

Ehnn my eye spy you for Bovi matter, it making the rounds now on blogs grin.... that how i saw ur real name , checked and We even have a mutal friend on facebook.... The world is really a small place
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 1:46pm On Jan 28, 2017
OluDare01:
OmO You saved me with this info months back!! Thanks a million!!
We shall share our testimonies here.
Amen........
#TEAMFALL2017
No be small Patience Syrup i dey drink now.... undecided undecided

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 2:17pm On Jan 28, 2017
SilaV:

This information you(as an insider) just dropped is very timely,bro.Tennessee Technological University is one of the schools in my radar, with the hope of getting a TA/RA position. I have always heard that they are generous with funding; even the information about funding on their site subtly attests to this.Please, do you know whether this 70% loss of funding also affects the Electrical and Computer Engineering department?
It affected the school,not just a single department.
DON'T APPLY TO TECH!!!
Because of what happened,they gave preference to PhD students.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:43pm On Jan 28, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Lol.... na so

Ehnn my eye spy you for Bovi matter, it making the rounds now on blogs grin.... that how i saw ur real name , checked and We even have a mutal friend on facebook.... The world is really a small place
lol. Don't mind that kpomo man. grin my twitter notifications has gone numb
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by lincolnhazzy: 3:05pm On Jan 28, 2017
Walspring:

As for the offer the following below are the terms and conditions;

1, You must be a genuine applicant
2, You must be able to pay 50% while the remaining 50% will be paid on your behalf.
3, Full payment of the 50% at once and not half payment first.
4, Is likely you will receive a call if selected or meet in person before Feb 14th.
5, There is no booking or holding down of a slot or space for anyone.
6, Registration for the test will be done on or before Feb 14th.
7, Interested applicants should start preparing ahead before registration so as to avoid touching stories.
8, Payment will be in naira but it might be on black market rate or CBN rate.
9, An applicant is entitle for a single test and not two so that other can benefit.
10, If you didn't get this offer just wait for the next edition.
11, Submission of all the selected applicant will be forward down before Feb 1st to Feb 3rd 2017.
12, If selected i must get all your details before Feb 1st and Feb 2nd 2017
13, There is nothing like first come first serve (maybe you are the first to send me PM or quote me here it doesn't mean you are selected automatically)

To all those who sent me PM or email, i will get back to you and those who mentioned me on this thread also i will get back to you as well.

N.B ---- If i didn't reply PM please do not take it personal but i will do my best to let this spread to everyone by God's grace

Good job Sir. I PM

(1) (2) (3) ... (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.