Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,214 members, 7,818,725 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (137) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696601 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AfonjaBoston: 2:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
TWoods:

It would be near impossible to get into any good medical school in the US as an international student. Best option, go for a 4 year premed then find an American to marry, legitimately. After that, the world is your oyster.

Why must he go hunting for an American legitimately?

Use marriage as an escape route??
High horse practice what you preach

How I wish the Republicans will do the needful and cancel marriage and birth on American soil as paths to citizenship for foreign nationals.

how I wish oh how I wish

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Beautyaddy: 4:10pm On Apr 17, 2017
Lol!..Every country I believe eventually grants permanent stay by marriage but each country's scrutiny and approval to get legal stay might be different. As per citizenship by birth now that falls on the Visa officers granting them easy visas approval rates. Some countries like Canada, their visa approval with just visiting is very low compared to the US...and both countries allow citizenship by just birth.

AfonjaBoston:

How I wish the Republicans will do the needful and cancel marriage and birth on American soil as paths to citizenship for foreign nationals.

how I wish oh how I wish
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AfonjaBoston: 4:19pm On Apr 17, 2017
Beautyaddy:
Lol!..Every country I believe eventually grants permanent stay by marriage but each country's scrutiny and approval to get legal stay might be different. As per citizenship by birth now that falls on the Visa officers granting them easy visas approval rates. Some countries like Canada, their visa approval with just visiting is very low compared to the US...and both countries allow citizenship by just birth.

I have no idea what you talking about, it requires an amendment to change it and if DT can put the same energy he uses to tweet in lobbying Congress you will be shocked at how many congressional units will be in support of it.

America is too fucking lenient.

Let this country act like the UK and Australia for once
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Beautyaddy: 4:32pm On Apr 17, 2017
Amending the US Constitution is of course possible but won't come easy because the country has become too diverse to make that happen without a long fight and different levels of courts intervention. The American citizens might have to rally up in doves by constantly calling the house of Representatives and Congress men in their individual States to get the bill into the house and Senate. Mr Trump will need all the support from them to make that happen.

AfonjaBoston:

I have no idea what you talking about, it requires an amendment to change it and if DT can put the same energy he uses to tweet in lobbying Congress you will be shocked at how many congressional units will be in support of it.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Timi1990(m): 5:28pm On Apr 17, 2017
siadh:
Pls I need some one to help pay for my WES evaluation.thanks

Send me a PM
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 5:42pm On Apr 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

how I wish oh how I wish

1. If you live in a society long enough and make friends, it's logical that your spouse ends up being someone that you know, have an existing relationship with. Why go to Nigeria to find a wife? It's not "hunting" for the express purpose of an immigration benefit. It's simply an artefact of a natural process.

Most Nigerian college graduates end up marrying fellow college graduates. Was that the result of hunting solely on college campuses?

2. I did not go down this route... so yes I practice what I preach. I simply highlighted it as a legitimate option. If you happen to fall in love with an American, should you not marry her then?

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chinewon88(m): 5:43pm On Apr 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Oga, which one is your own sef.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 5:46pm On Apr 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Be careful. You come across as someone who resents new Nigerian immigrants to the US because you've got yours. If you were Nigerian, would you support this argument you're making?

I agree with you though, that the US needs to toughen up its rules. Permanent residence by marriage is going nowhere, but the idea of obtaining citizenship for a child simply because he/she was born on US soil needs to go.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sbrainy(m): 7:45pm On Apr 17, 2017
Please which is best in sending transcript to the US? via DHL or USPS? Any idea on how much it cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
message me
siadh:
Pls I need some one to help pay for my WES evaluation.thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 8:58pm On Apr 17, 2017
DHL should be 20k or more. USPS is Nipost I guess. Cant remember
Sbrainy:
Please which is best in sending transcript to the US? via DHL or USPS?
Any idea on how much it cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 9:03pm On Apr 17, 2017
You can fly to JFK and take a connecting flight to Louisana. I'm not sure any airline from Nigeria flies straight to Louisana. Your connecting flight will be a domestic US airline though
Allylic:
please, what is the best route to Louisiana state (Baton Rouge) from Nigeria by air? And which international airline is cheap and good for this?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 9:05pm On Apr 17, 2017
Happy Birthday in arrears!! More blessings
Walspring:
Even though His son was arrested and killed a day before my birthday I will still give thanks to Almighty God for giving me the Grace to see another year..

God bless me more and more grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 9:08pm On Apr 17, 2017
Do you want to do Nursing, Civil or Construction Mgt? Crossing from Project Mgt to Nursing is way off..scrap that.
guadete:
I am a second class lower with 3.4 CGPA PLS ......PROJECT MANAGEMENT

I would love to know if there is any program I can start without any formal knowledge in Nursing.....to enable study Nursing with my degree.

or if there are masters program like civil eng, construction management etc with scholarship or low tuition. Thanks

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Mekurexx: 9:11pm On Apr 17, 2017
Dont try converting your visiting visa to squatting visa. Staying here illegally is not worth the hassle. Just come and enjoy yourself for the duration and dont add to the long list of people putting the reputation of Nigeria in bad light
iyke03:
Please guys... how do one survive with a USA visiting visa

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Oseni007(m): 9:20pm On Apr 17, 2017
DHL is the best,3days top....#16400
Sbrainy:
Please which is best in sending transcript to the US? via DHL or USPS?
Any idea on how much it cost?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by AfonjaBoston: 9:33pm On Apr 17, 2017
TWoods:

1. If you live in a society long enough and make friends, it's logical that your spouse ends up being someone that you know, have an existing relationship with. Why go to Nigeria to find a wife? It's not "hunting" for the express purpose of an immigration benefit. It's simply an artefact of a natural process.

Most Nigerian college graduates end up marrying fellow college graduates. Was that the result of hunting solely on college campuses?

2. I did not go down this route... so yes I practice what I preach. I simply highlighted it as a legitimate option. If you happen to fall in love with an American, should you not marry her then?

Artefact of a natural process? Seriously?
It is funny how you try to tweak and adjust your motive

How many of such students (not just Nigerians but foreign nationals) stay in long term marriage relationship with these category of "friends" you are talking about?
The truth of the matter is there is data out there that shows only very few foreign nationals; whether on F1 or any other non-immigrant visa stay married to citizens for less than 5years after obtaining immigration benefit

You know how many times in a year i hear people without fear throwing "pay for play" offers in my face . It is DISGUSTING
and Africans are the worst CULPRITS

The moment the government increases the wait time from the average 2years to 6-8years , you will begin to see the chaff in the wheat
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:41pm On Apr 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

How many of such students (not just Nigerians but foreign nationals) stay in long term marriage relationship with these category of "friends" you are talking about?
The truth of the matter is there is data out there that shows only very few foreign nationals; whether on F1 or any other non-immigrant visa stay married to citizens for less than 5years after obtaining immigration benefit

You know how many times in a year i hear people without fear throwing "pay for play" offers in my face . It is DISGUSTING

The moment the government increases the wait time from the average 2years to 6-8years , you will begin to see the chaff in the wheat

Where is the data to prove Africans are the worst CULPRITS...even naija to naija marriages within naija are hardly lasting 5 years self .....

Anyway man must help him or herself to survive so if it means pay for play. Carry go ... . Even the foreigners in naija are using our heads in many ways to survive and prosper

11 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sbrainy(m): 9:48pm On Apr 17, 2017
Thanks

Mekurexx:
DHL should be 20k or more. USPS is Nipost I guess. Cant remember
Oseni007:
DHL is the best,3days top....#16400
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happyday: 9:52pm On Apr 17, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Where is the data to prove Africans are the worst CULPRPITS...even naija to naija marriages within naija are hardly lasting 5 years self .....

Anyway man must help him or herself to survive so if it means pay for play. Carry go ... . Even the foreigners in naija are using our heads in many ways to survive and prosper

I tire o

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 10:23pm On Apr 17, 2017
AfonjaBoston:

Im confused as to why you're getting so hyper defensive. I used the term "legitimately" deliberately. If you live here 5 years or more and you fall in love with an American, is that pay to play? Should you be forced to go back to Nigeria to find a spouse? Your anecdote is just that, an anecdote. My brother has been happily married 7 years with 1 kid, my best friend - 7 years with 2 kids, a good school mate - 5 years with 2 kids. Just because you're surrounded with crooks does not mean the rest of us are interested in bending the rules for immigration benefits. I don't have people throwing such in my face, they wouldn't dare... and most of them are professionals who don't need it, you'd be best advised to change your circle.

16 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ponpon(m): 10:30pm On Apr 17, 2017
Just here to read posts

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Sbrainy(m): 11:24pm On Apr 17, 2017
Please I'd like to ask , 1. Is there a deadline as to when to apply for I-20 for Fall 2017 ?
2. whats the next process after getting 1 above?
3. In how many weeks should 2 above begin after receiving 1 above?
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 12:48am On Apr 18, 2017
imperiouxx:

Can you just stop using the crossed word here? It's vulgar and unacceptable among the educated blacks. He said "if" and if yours is legit, I don't see how what he said should infuriates you. And let's get you right, do you mean you can 'clearly sponsor' a student that has to pay about $23,000/yr for tuition? If you mean you can help with a statement of account for visa purpose, SOA won't pay the actual tuition. So this is just a waste of time.

Desperate thread followers should just be aware of this kind of help. It won't solve your problem a bit but only compound it.

People go through issues bro..pouring stuff out on social media is only one way they feel better. His response just tells what he has in mind with respect to 'funding' anybody.

(1) (2) (3) ... (134) (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.