Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,123 members, 7,814,939 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (219) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695036 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 3:02pm On May 21, 2017
Akex:
Hello electronic, Tundephish and co, I like someone to please explain how to process admission in to institition in USA. Also give me a name of good to apply. Thanks
Spend some time reading this thread Sir, since you would be applying for maybe fall 2018. all you need is here. If after reading you need any clarification, let us know...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ark4sunshine(m): 3:07pm On May 21, 2017
Fatezee:

With $150 you will get a one-way ticket for a flight from NY to Pittsburgh

I would advise you take a bus because most local flights charge for your checked-in baggage.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by benugo(m): 3:28pm On May 21, 2017
Hello Colleagues,

I am seeking for a PhD in Civil and Environmental Engineering.
Kindly see my score below and criticise:
GRE-292, TOEFL-83, B.Eng-3.98, M.Eng-4.49, PMP, Over 5yr Civil Eng'g experience with International Organisation, 29yrs, over 30 articles (5-ISI indexed).

Should I make an attempt applying for admission or rewrite Exams? Exam is my first attempt (never had good time to prepare due to nature of my work).

Regards.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 3:43pm On May 21, 2017
Rewrite your GRE. Aim for 310-330 score and you can get into a top school. Also improve on TOEFl. Minimum of 100 is usually advised for top schools.
benugo:
Hello Colleagues,

GRE-292, TOEFL-83, B.Eng-3.98, M.Eng-4.49, PMP, Over 5yr Civil Eng'g experience with International Organisation, 29yrs, over 30 articles (5-ISI indexed).

Should I make an attempt applying for admission or rewrite Exams? Exam is my first attempt (never had good time to prepare due to nature of my work).

Regards.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tundephish(m): 4:59pm On May 21, 2017
Akex:
Hello electronic, Tundephish and co, I like someone to please explain how to process admission in to institition in USA. Also give me a name of good to apply. Thanks
Boss you need to decide what degree you intend going for and then look for schools online, mail them and ask for requirements, that's where you start from.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 6:46pm On May 21, 2017
Hello guru, please I want to ask if it makes sense or worth it to apply for international students loan where a US citizen or permanent resident would be a co-signer for you in order to get d loan approved. I think probably this would help one finance his education in US. I want your inputs everyone especially those who have experienced it.

MSIT with concentration in Information security

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fabrepass77: 7:12pm On May 21, 2017
Iblad0994:
Hi. I applied for master's in industrial engineering at North Carolina A&T uni. I have my i20 with me now.
I'm yet to book my visa appointment .. Please can anybody help me with a mock embassy interview ..
thanks in advance

how much did you pay for application fee and tution deposit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by texrem(m): 7:14pm On May 21, 2017
fredoricko:
@drhopeful ; Though coming late, congratulations. I always knew your interview would be a walk in the park.
Enjoy your studies. Once again, congratulations!

@texrem, I sent you a pm pls.

Replied
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 7:14pm On May 21, 2017
benugo:
Hello Colleagues,

Regards.
Quietly rewrite.. GRE and TOEFL....
Score like >= 310 gre and >= 100 TOEFL
Best of Luck
Atleast civil get funding easier than electrical and computer science...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cosxzbay: 7:15pm On May 21, 2017
LadunaI:

Congratulations!!! Your achievement inspired many. Right from your GRE exams to your applications to those schools, really showed your doggedness.

I wish you success in your studies. But, how would VO feel if he learnt that you forgone UPenn admission with full fellowship for UVA? Perhaps he would have been more than EXCITED. Once again congratulations!

Scholartica and Time2smile success loading...

Are you kidding ? How can someone reject UPenn offer for UVA , or maybe you meant Pennstate? these are two different schools in Pennsylvania (Ivy league,and Public school)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 7:30pm On May 21, 2017
toluene1234:
Hello guru, please I want to ask if it makes sense or worth it to apply for international students loan where a US citizen or permanent resident would be a co-signer for you in order to get d loan approved. I think probably this would help one finance his education in US. I want your inputs everyone especially those who have experienced it.

MSIT with concentration in Information security

Thanks

@lagosismyhome, Oludare, wallspring and others who have experienced it. Please assist with ur opinion.
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:31pm On May 21, 2017
LadunaI:

Congratulations!!! Your achievement inspired many. Right from your GRE exams to your applications to those schools, really showed your doggedness.

I wish you success in your studies. But, how would VO feel if he learnt that you forgone UPenn admission with full fellowship for UVA? Perhaps he would have been more than EXCITED. Once again congratulations!

Scholartica and Time2smile success loading...

drhopeful shocked shocked shocked ... UPenn for UVA?.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fabrepass77: 7:34pm On May 21, 2017
starboy2016:
I want to make a big shout out to God and also to my friends who helped me out and also to the one and only soldier man walspring mr wale....I have landed USA ....my visa was granted last month April 21st and I was denied two times granted 3rd time ...please be determined and the school is Lincoln university in case anyone is interested I have to give back by saying the school and also.....
Here is my transcript.....
VO : what's your highest degree
Answer : bsc
VO : which school did you graduate and what have you been doing for 5 years you graduated

Answer : I said I went to Lagos state university and graduated 2012 ,went for nysc 2013 to 2014 and joined Nigerian brewery 2015 up till date ....

VO ; ask why I was denied in the past I said I don't know oooooo

VO: so why you wanna study MBA
Answer : I said to stand a better chance of taking over higher chances of been promoted and paid well
VO now said I can see you like your job I said yes I love my job ....
VO asked my fathers occupation
Answer : I said he owns plastic company
And she said she will be approving my visa ...only God I give th Praise and I give respect to you walspring abeg I don lose everybody contact oooo...Thanks everybody

congrat...how much you pay for application fee and tution deposit?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 7:34pm On May 21, 2017
toluene1234:

@lagosismyhome, Oludare, wallspring and others who have experienced it. Please assist with ur opinion.
Thanks

Firstly that if you see a US citizen that will agree to consign. People don't agree except for a close relative

Secondly if the school has good employment prospect after graduation and u are determined to really hussle and enter the job market then yes its ok .... because its all about your ability to commit and pay it back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:42pm On May 21, 2017
Tunnyz:

When it's few days to the interview you can't change your ds160 number cuz your details will be at the embassy already!

Say by who, is it VO or Embassy? and is it a new format now?

because i have seen many who submitted less than 24 hours to their visa interview and also 2 days a new ds160 was input/edit for some people as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tosjame: 7:45pm On May 21, 2017
Hi, check my siggy
osheebeez17:
Happy sunday peeps.
I joined Nairaland specifically because of this insightful forum. I have obtained my form I-20 already and I want to pay the SEVIS fee. I do not know how to go about this and I don't have anyone in the US to help with the payment.
Well meaning fellows like walspring and Oludare please help me out.
My email address is bisyosinuga@gmail.com.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:49pm On May 21, 2017
osheebeez17:
Happy sunday peeps.
I joined Nairaland specifically because of this insightful forum. I have obtained my form I-20 already and I want to pay the SEVIS fee. I do not know how to go about this and I don't have anyone in the US to help with the payment.
Well meaning fellows like walspring and Oludare please help me out.
My email address is bisyosinuga@gmail.com.
Thank you.

I got your email and i have replied you.

Sorry for late reply
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:50pm On May 21, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Hello house, please I want to find out if it's possible for me to get full scholarship/graduate apprenticeship in Human resource management course in any university for Masters degree. Below is my profile:

B. SC in Public. Administration (3.88)
Presently working with a Federal Ministry as an Administrative officer in Human resource management department for 3years now.
Ielts yet to write but aiming at 6.5. Please help a brother out.

You need to work hard by search for schools who give out funding and apply to those school and it will be good if you write GRE because it will help you to secure scholarship or GA
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:56pm On May 21, 2017
To all those who emailed me for discounted offer, some were registered and thanks for sending the payment.

To those that the registration is yet to be done, hopefully tonight or this week because i spoke with one of the benevolent guys last night and he said it will be done because i forward your details already and please don't delay in making your payment because i can only wait for 24 hours and after that the test will be cancelled.

To all those that i placed on standby or asking if the offer still available, well it is closing soon because of the target.

To all those who sent me pm, i have replied and am sorry for late reply

To all those who want mock interview, am sorry i won't be available for it because my schedules are tight.

God bless us all

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:56pm On May 21, 2017
electronic:

The day Walspring go enter Yankee ehn....hmmm
tongue grin grin
Na private jet reception

Hmmmmmm.. It is well ooo

That day is coming for real

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 7:57pm On May 21, 2017
Tunnyz:

Walspring na good guy o... When he enter Yankee if na d state wey I dey I go personally give am grand welcome

Noted and i am writing all of una name down oooo grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 8:49pm On May 21, 2017
teetea06:
Please house,does a coupon code generated while filling a sevis fee form expires because I sent it to my friend in US on Sunday evening and he tried to help pay today but he was told he needs to get a new coupon code as that one wasn't accepted..Please what could have gone wrong as I which to make the payment ASAP.

Just seeing this because it doesn't and maybe its a new policy but it can expire..

I assumed they didnt type it out well or your friend didn't go, abeg no mind my assumption oooo

Anyway filling a new form to get a new code won't take much of your time.. Get it done and send it to him and if problem or symptom the same, do and see your doctor grin grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 8:51pm On May 21, 2017
damselnikky:

I actually applied to another university too Pennstate but they said i shld pay tuition of $46k before they can send my I20. So i had to go with the community college who sent the i20

This pennstate don high and when that woman said it to me over the phone, i feel like make i para for for her but i bone like head of fish
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by knoph2007: 8:52pm On May 21, 2017
I am almost through with my Msc finance from Unilag with probably 3.80. I have bsc accounting from same school of 4.19. I have an like 7 years in accounting, audit and tax. Am I qualified with these grades or will my experience cover up as I proceed to write Gre and ieslt

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 8:55pm On May 21, 2017
mecigr8s:
Firstly, I want to appreciate the Almighty GOD for giving an individual, Seun Osewa, a thought to create an informative forum like this,Nairaland. My big thank you also goes to GUNTHER6 for opening my eyes to the schooling opportunities in the U.S. I never knew until I met him ,through Nairaland. We later met at Iyana-Ipaja in July last year when he was ito help me with a GRE voucher. Actually, I wanted to write the GRE in order to meet up with the requirement of FH Aachen, a university in Germany. I had the intention of schooling in Germany before GUNTHER6 made me to understand I could spend less , in U.S, if offered a Graduate Assistantship with a monthly stipend. Immediately I heard this, I started conducting a research about schools in the US, their admission requirements and how to go about funding.
Fast forward to today, I got to the embassy at about 6:10am, kept my bag with a lady towards the entrance of the gate for a fee of #1000( I was actually prepared for it). She helped me with the correct arrangement of documents and told me to join the queue. Security checks took place and documents were inspected; with a barcode glued to the back of my passport. Inside the interview room , biometric documentation was done and I later joined the queue for the interview. I must confess that the processes and procedures before the interview were very thorough.
Here goes the conversation between the Visa Officer ( a lady in window 7) and I:
VO: Good morning (with smiles)
ME: Good morning ( I smiled back at her)
VO: Please, pass me your I-20 and passport
ME: Here they are.
VO: So, you are going to Middle Tennessee State University?
ME: Yes, madam.
VO: What other schools did you apply to?
ME: I applied to three other schools and got admitted in all the schools.
VO: Really? So, why this particular one( referring to Middle Tennessee State University)?
ME: One of my career mentors, Engr. Ad…. , who is also the Factory Engineer of “Blank” Nigeria PLC, where I work as an Industrial Technician, strongly recommended the school for me because he is an alumnus of the school and he told me how attending the school has given his career a lift. Besides, MTSU provides experiential learning opportu…..(cuts in..it’s ok)
VO: What is your highest qualification?
ME: Bachelor of Science in Electrical- Electronics Engineering
VO: When did you graduate?
ME: 2015
VO: What have you been doing since then?
ME: I have been working as an Industrial Technician with “Blanck” Nigeria PLC
VO: Tell me, how are you going to fund your studies?
ME: I have got a full tuition waiver and a monthly stipend through a Graduate Assistantship awarded to me by my department( VO Checks my I-20 and cuts in….. )
VO: It does not cover all your fees.
ME: Yes, the outstanding fee will be taken care of by my dad
VO what does he do.
ME: I told her.
VO: Where are you going to stay when you arrive in US?
ME: I have not made any arrangement for now.
VO: Okay, I will be approving your visa……….
The truth is I promised myself to listen to those words people here do claim not to hear again upon the approval of their visa, but alas, I fell for this “temporary deafness” as well! I couldn’t hear anything again immediately I sighted her circling a portion of the white paper. All that was in my mind was to grab the white paper together with my I-20 and bounce out(LOL). No document was requested . My observation about this interview thing is that the VOs want to see that you are a genuine student. Again, there should not be any discrepancy in the information filled in DS-160 and your response. Confidence, eye contact ,being able to express oneself well are all very important .The very few seconds of interaction ,at times, could be key in determining what the outcome will be.
My appreciation goes to all the contributors in this thread.I may not be able to mention all the monikers here but thanks to Lagosimyhome,Walspring,Femi32,Texrem ,Djmakins, the GRE thread contributors… et all.
My special regards goes to @ Kenkool, who is now an alumnus of MTSU. He has been there for me during the time of application process and he did play a brotherly role through the relevant information he gave .I will not forget in a hurry his contributions in ensuring that the departmental Graduate Assistantship position did not elude me.
For those who may need this information, I will be doing my Master’s in Engineering Technology and here goes my profile( not in any way stellar):
ND, HND and B.Sc ( all in Electrical-Electronics Engineering with an overall GPA of 3.50/4.0 after an official WES evaluation). GRE score is 301( Q 152, Verb 149, AWA 3.5) after I wrote it again; while I had a score of 87 in my TOEFL .
Please, pardon me; an epistle it is!

Congrats and enjoy your stay over there

Welcome on board

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:02pm On May 21, 2017
Fabrepass77:

how much did you pay for application fee and tution deposit?

The application fee is $65 .. and I haven't deposited any tution fee yet . But school fees is $11000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by toluene1234: 9:04pm On May 21, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Firstly that if you see a US citizen that will agree to consign. People don't agree except for a close relative

Secondly if the school has good employment prospect after graduation and u are determined to really hussle and enter the job market then yes its ok .... because its all about your ability to commit and pay it back

Thanks. God bless you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by knoph2007: 9:05pm On May 21, 2017
Walspring:

Congrats and enjoy your stay over there

Welcome on board
I am almost through with my Msc finance from Unilag with probably 3.80. I have bsc accounting from same school of 4.19. I have an like 7 years in accounting, audit and tax. Am I qualified with these grades or will my experience cover up as I proceed to write Gre and ieslt
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Akex(m): 9:39pm On May 21, 2017
Thanks Tundephish, really appreciate. What chances does HND has in the admission process. Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Kingbukaz: 9:45pm On May 21, 2017
Walspring:

You need to work hard by search for schools who give out funding and apply to those school and it will be good if you write GRE because it will help you to secure scholarship or GA
Thanks alot Walspring for taking out time to answer my question. Please, why do you Suggest GRE? In place of ielts?

What scores should I aim to have Better chance of getting scholarship or GA?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 9:46pm On May 21, 2017
Per year or per semester?
Iblad0994:

The application fee is $65 .. and I haven't deposited any tution fee yet . But school fees is $11000
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by donanod(m): 10:41pm On May 21, 2017
Hi everyone,
Pls what's the typical program duration stated on i20s for Masters programs?

(1) (2) (3) ... (216) (217) (218) (219) (220) (221) (222) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.