Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,366 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (229) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693628 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
Boss calm down, this shouldn't be an issue, the length of program shouldn't hinder your interview success, I have a guy that got visa for same length of period last year and am also going for the same amount of time. Is it a provisional admission? and even at that just prepare very well and explain why you think its that long. Try and check up the department website , am sure you will see the reason why it's that long.

Best of luck

Levels731:
Good day lovely people, please I would be going for my interview soon. The the duration for my Master's degree program is 36months. From what I have seen on this thread so far, everyone going for MSc seems to have a 24month duration. Please is my 36months MSc normally?

Sometimes I begin to wonder if the extra 12months added to the 24months is for internship, because I was admitted for MSc Electrical Engineering.

Please great people, do people get issued visas for 36months duration MSc.

Cc: Lagosismyhome, justwise, femi123, Walspring, Teewag, etc

This 36month issue has been giving me worries and I have mailed the school severally, but they keep referring me to their course catalog which is of little help

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:03pm On May 23, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Please Fam, does schools In America require One to pay tuition fees before getting his 1-20 form?
Some schools require you to pay some deposit..
But its not the Norm. What if a student pays and VISA is delayed or one decides to change school...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2017
He's got a mad funding package from Hong Kong
Lol, he sabi book die
electronic:

Hong Kong is Nice and Modern plus they have exceptional professionals.... But quite expensive I heard. Only if he could chill and choose schools wisely...
Anyways best of luck to him...

But 327? Chai....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Observer25: 8:09pm On May 23, 2017
Kingbukaz:
Please Fam, does schools In America require One to pay tuition fees before getting his 1-20 form?

No, not a requirement
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 8:29pm On May 23, 2017
Send me a PM.. I have a premium account .
234ng44uk:
Anyone with access to USNews Education account please. I am also happy to share payment of $30 with anyone interested. Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 8:31pm On May 23, 2017
iekene:
Send me a PM.. I have a premium account .
PM sent sharply.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 8:33pm On May 23, 2017
Hmmmm..... I remember this moniker wella
Successjoy:
Greetings to the house
Been a while here.

Please i need someone to help me pay for SEVIS fee at a cheap rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by iekene(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2017
For those writing GRE soon.. Magoosh Accounts are still available at affordable rates.. PM ME

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 8:45pm On May 23, 2017
You are welcome but sir u can be dropping some littele help you can give before you go pick up your visa. I bliv Not until you get your visa approve before you can contribute and be helpful to others here.

Am sure u are also a guru in your lane. Welcome on board and congratulations on your way to pick ur visa.

Levels731:
I just want to thank the all the contributors of this thread, the way we young Nigerians help out each other on this platform makes me believe that there are still few good Nigerians.

I really really want to thank in a special way:

Lagosismyhome
Walspring
Mayflowa
Femi
And every other senior fellow who I can't remember right now.
I would be going for my interview soon, and I will not relent to also help others by answering their questions when my own visa gets approved by God's grace.
Thanks to you all for all the love and support.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 8:50pm On May 23, 2017
Congratulations and I don't think there is a specific or standard dressing foe interview just be start, presentable and comfortable
nastydamus:
I had my visa interview today and, thanks to the transcripts of others on this thread, I knew what to expect going in.

There was a heavy downpour that kept beating till 06:20am, after which we queued up to be let in.

I was interviewed by a lady on the extreme left hand side (facing the VO's).
I was her second interviewee for the day after she'd dished out a blue paper to the first person.

The interview:

VO: good morning
Me: good morning
VO: pass me your passport, i-20 and sevis receipt
Me: did as she asked
VO: so why Drexel University?
Me: I carried out an extensive research online for schools that would match my test scores and research interests, and two universities were a perfect fit for me - Drexel University and Unl.
VO: so you applied to the two?
Me: yes, and both offered me assistantships (not the full story sha, I'd applied to four schools in the Spring '17 admission window and got rejects from all four, didn't see the need to wake 'sleeping dogs')
VO: so why Drexel?
Me: I'd reached out to a professor at Drexel University who shares similar research interests with me and she was excited about the prospect of having me as her student. She urged me to apply and made me an offer as soon as she received my formal application.
VO: what course are you going there to study?
Me: I'm going to Drexel University to pursue a PhD degree in Electrical & Electronics Engineering, specializing in communications engineering
VO: I see you'll be there for 5 years with stipends?
Me: yes
VO: what was your first degree in?
Me: Electrical Engineering
VO: you also have a master's degree?
Me: yes, in Telecommunications Engineering
VO: what are your plans for after your PhD?
Me: I intend to return to Nigeria to take up a lecturing position whilst providing consultancy services when the opportunity presents itself
VO: congratulations on your funding, you'll be picking up your passport in Port Harcourt right?
Me: Yes

Thanks everyone, the transcripts on this thread are invaluable and I'll keep pointing my friends in this direction.
Goodluck to other Fall '17 F1 hopefuls.

On a side note, I saw a guy who came for his interview in shorts and sneakers, his interview was brief and he didn't leave with his passport. He was brimming with confidence and it worked for him, just saying.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 8:52pm On May 23, 2017
wer are imperioux and Twoods ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:00pm On May 23, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:05pm On May 23, 2017
Baba, we plenty mo be small and everybody they fight for funding everywhere... Imagine 3.98/4(Omo).... Well me don get interest in one computer science field sha..... Its very interesting too grin
temi4fash:

Looool

As in no be here..

I saw an Indian GPA on gradcafe and am like Jeeez? Ki lo de

3.98/4

The waka self don dai taya me small small
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:07pm On May 23, 2017
happyday:

@ bolded, he was trying to be funny. Obviously, you weren't in the mood! Congrats!!

You catch the drill baba.... Your head valid!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Folafetty: 9:12pm On May 23, 2017
Feels good to be here again...spring semester has ended atlast. Congrats to everyone who have gotten their Visas already and for those planning to go to the embassy.. good luck peeps. Go get your visa

PS: anybody coming to OSU (Oklahoma State University, Stillwater) for summer or fall can contact me if you need info on anything.

Have a pleasant weekend guys!

10 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:19pm On May 23, 2017
Mehn, more than scary with this very good profile.... Hmmm. May b his SOI but even at that.... Mehn the guy don try kilode
temi4fash:

Woooow..

Now that scary

Wetin man go do now cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by princeGee23: 9:25pm On May 23, 2017
Try and check the department website you should see list of there member and possibly there research interest or field then pick

Zeng:

How do I know what prof to work with? Do I just pick anyone?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 9:46pm On May 23, 2017
Just a quick one guys... Is it possible After getting admission and visa for fall without scholarship to differ till spring to get scholarship and not encounter issues at POE?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 9:51pm On May 23, 2017
Tunnyz:
Just a quick one guys... Is it possible After getting admission and visa for fall without scholarship to differ till spring to get scholarship and not encounter issues at POE?
Yes but you will need to get a new i20 from your school for Spring entrance
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 9:52pm On May 23, 2017
Tunnyz:
once you get admitted what ever you get in the beginning is what you'll still get if you defer spring of all won't make it any easy... by spring all the on campus jobs you may qualify for might be taken already in fall and also there are more fundings in fall than spring unless you plan on taking a Test again , or test again then apply a different school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 10:20pm On May 23, 2017
Who knows the dollar rate for a GTB card?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:29pm On May 23, 2017
seunban:
Good day,

My visa got rejected last week at Lagos consulate general under the 214(b).
The consular asked some questions"
1. What do you want to go do in america
Answer: I am going to America for my Chemistry PhD Programme.
2. What's the name of the school?
Answer: IIT
3. Have you traveled before?
Answer: NO
4. Why PhD?
Answer: My PhD is going to help me in some areas of my life and to solve some identified problems in Africa. (very succinct)
5. Are you married?
answer: NO
So, she refused my visa.

Sir, I was able to discovered I need to give full explanation to the fourth questions.
I am presently working in a recycling industries as the operation manager. I was once the Analyst officer. Now, my duties still cut across some analysis works. We analyse the raw materials (some compounds that are contents of the recyclables. We perform this analysis before we send these recyclables to recycling plant. So we find out the environmental impact of these recyclables. We give recommendations to the manufacturing firms and the government on the types of raw materials that should be used in products to be manufactured.
My company as projected in the next five years to establish an R&grin department in the company; and this I plan to come and head once I am done with my study in US.

As well, I plan to come back to my country, to develop my company, which I registered in 2014 under the Corporate Affairs Commission of Nigeria. My company is been managed by my Fiancee and immediate younger brother.
My company has been able to identify two areas of needs in my country. (a) Building the young researchers that has interest in research works (b) Establishing an independent laboratory in my country where analysis and research work could be carried out.
So, I need network of researchers that would see and buy to these ideas.

So, my PhD is going to equip me greatly to garner skills that I need to achieve all these, as well to make me a well grounded independent researcher.
I have the
I have the CAC registration certificate to back it up with my name on it as the owner.

Sir, all these I didn't state during my first interview. I was so succinct!

I hope if i state this in my next appointment, my VIA would be granted.

As well, I will like to ask, if I could schedule June 2 for another appointment.

I would be happy if you could share a little idea.

Regards
You were in the wrong thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:31pm On May 23, 2017
OluDare01:
Who knows the dollar rate for a GTB card?
390 on 22nd May
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:33pm On May 23, 2017
@Capitas7

I got 2 pm from you before you sent me this recent one. I have replied your pm and check your junks or spam you should see it there of its not in your inbox..

It is always good to check our spam or junks at least twice in week because some important messages goes there at times
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:34pm On May 23, 2017
234ng44uk:

390 on 22nd May

Are you serious or kidding ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:36pm On May 23, 2017
Tunnyz:

Yes very possible and for you not encounter POE wahala you need an updated i20 to enter the gate to US
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 10:39pm On May 23, 2017
Choi shocked shocked shocked
Thanks
234ng44uk:

390 on 22nd May
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by 234ng44uk(m): 10:50pm On May 23, 2017
Walspring:

Are you serious or kidding ?

Yeah, that was the equivalent charged. Perhaps there's a MasterCard transaction fee included, that I'm not sure of. But total deduction came to 390/$
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 11:05pm On May 23, 2017
princeGee23:
Try and check the department website you should see list of there member and possibly there research interest or field then pick

I tried doing this. Didn't show me their research fields, just their qualifications. Will it be ok to just say I don't have a research topic yet?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 11:10pm On May 23, 2017
Travelstart is okay. I have used them

electronic:
To those interested...
Abuja to JFK Egypt Air.
Disclaimer: just for guidance, carry out you own findings.
Even a flight to Abuja is like 23k + 215k = 248k
LoL.. shocked

Except the 215k is not accurate or they are giving us a different exchange rate.
Anybody familiar with TravelStart pls help the house..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 11:11pm On May 23, 2017
I'm here. They have diff payment options. I prefer to pay to their bank acct. The booking can be held till the next day. Their rep will call you if they need some info

Tunnyz:

Please o who's a customer of travelstart
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by amanze15(m): 11:30pm On May 23, 2017
T-mobile is a terrible network cry cry got me stranded in the middle of nowhere. please save a little more maybe on Verizon/straight-talk if you plan to be move around the US (hustling)

(1) (2) (3) ... (226) (227) (228) (229) (230) (231) (232) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.