Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,036 members, 7,818,060 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:24 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696318 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fortissimo502: 12:15am On Feb 04, 2017
slimmy2005:
I am sorry if this sound offensive or bad. I highly doubt your GRE score.

Dude I'm telling u. That's why i asked for the breakdown of the GRE score.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by malory84: 12:21am On Feb 04, 2017
Hi everyone. My passport will expire this March. I am presently in Arlington Texas. Does anyone have any idea on how i can renew it without having to travel to Atlanta or NY? I heard they have agents that go around for capturing and finger printing.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by MsNas(f): 12:23am On Feb 04, 2017
priscus:
Please house .my very close friend have to the embassy 4 times he was refused .The reason of the first refusal was from the school which the corrected .but After the ist one he went for the 2nd one and he denied .The reason was thar why did he choose the school .that is not really recognised school.Please house I need help.i strongly believe that God will do it this last time
Aunty.. or is it Uncle? Which one is "My very close friend?" cheesy We all know the "very Close Friend" refers to yourself, you gave yourself out when you wrote this Please house I need help.i strongly believe that God will do it this last time. Nobody knows you here so why lying to complete strangers that might help you out? This is a no judgement zone, where suggestions can be given that might aid your visa approval process.

Anyways, questions for you:
Which schools did you get admitted to earlier that got you those denials?
What course did you apply to?
How old are you?
What level of study are you applying for?
Can you give transcripts of previous interviews?
How far apart were those interviews?

Your answers to the above questions can help people here have a more thorough view of your profile and help you make a decision about what should happen next.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:51am On Feb 04, 2017
seeker88:
Hello house,

Please is there anyone who is in Georgia Tech, applied to Georgia Tech or know much about the school?

I submitted my application to the school late last year before their priority deadline, though my recommendation respondents were not able to submit their recommendation before the deadline; only one did.

Few days ago, I got a response from the Director of Office of Student Services of my desired department. Below is his response:

*************************************************************************************************
Dear Seeker88:

We are in receipt of your application to the Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech. You have a very strong file and credentials. Thank you for your interest in Georgia Tech!

You have not been offered admission, but at the present time your file has been made available for viewing by the faculty of the Woodruff School via an internal web site. If a faculty member views your file and expresses an interest in working with you, we will notify you and continue to process your application. This evaluation will continue until April 15, 2017 and we will advise you of our decision at the latest by that date.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

**********************************************************************************

Mbok, is this a mild way of saying that my application is rejected?? angry angry. Please who know how their admission process works angry
Please tell me what you think about this feedback...
Thanks in anticipation....
I think you have been placed on a wait-list. If some of those offered admission chose not to accept, you could be offered.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 1:27am On Feb 04, 2017
biikeys:

So what happens is that sometimes they have to do a manual verification if you have a long name which may take lot of time, depending on how they prioritize stuffs at USCIS. You can send me a message, but you'll need to call them on 1 (800) 375-5283, go through the options applicable to your case. You would ask to speak to a representative and explain your case and why you would need it taken care of as soon as possible. No 100% guarantee, but I've seen quite a few people get lucky with it.

Thank you so much.
Went today to the SSA office. Turns out the people I spoke to on phone and the guy who initially enrolled didn't have a clue of what do. It was verified and corrected in my presence today.
I should get I in 7-10 business days.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by tomisinobm(m): 1:33am On Feb 04, 2017
OGreene:
Well, he said they have been giving visas for CC as long as the person is smart and answers questions correctly.

In my mind, i feel say they have been reading on NL that we are running from Community colleges, he now tried to address the matter grin

Cc Lago sNIV, please what's your take on this?

The same people that ask you not to bring any documents for your interview are the same ones that would ask for it at the interview. Once you don't produce it, they would ask you to submit at DHL, you've entered administrative processing like that. One chance sturvs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 2:39am On Feb 04, 2017
Back to the family..... Work load here much ooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 2:42am On Feb 04, 2017
grin grin grin grin cheesy
You never see anythiing
gentledoj:
Back to the family..... Work load here much ooooo

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 2:42am On Feb 04, 2017
Anybody staying in Durham, NC or at North Carolina Central University.....!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 2:50am On Feb 04, 2017
OluDare01:
You never see anythiing

What else again...... Enough assignments,online test, extra credit stuff. Just finished some now!
Time just de fly... Exam 1 loading
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by gentledoj(m): 2:51am On Feb 04, 2017
OluDare01:
You never see anythiing

Can I have your number?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 2:57am On Feb 04, 2017
This is just a witty way of informing you that you failed to make the first
set of applicants that were made to. My friend who applied to the Physics in my school
for Fall 2017 also got a similar mail. What grad adcomms do is to rank all their applicants
who meet the minimum requirements or some requirements they set based
on the application pool. Then they send offers to them in batches. The more stronger
candidates reject the offer and the higher you are on the ranking, the likely you might
get an offer. Good thing is that you are on a waitlist and it is not an outright reject.
I hope you get the offer eventually especially considering the reputation of GTech.
Good luck.

seeker88:
Hello house,

Please is there anyone who is in Georgia Tech, applied to Georgia Tech or know much about the school?

I submitted my application to the school late last year before their priority deadline, though my recommendation respondents were not able to submit their recommendation before the deadline; only one did.

Few days ago, I got a response from the Director of Office of Student Services of my desired department. Below is his response:

*************************************************************************************************
Dear Seeker88:

We are in receipt of your application to the Woodruff School of Mechanical Engineering at Georgia Tech. You have a very strong file and credentials. Thank you for your interest in Georgia Tech!

You have not been offered admission, but at the present time your file has been made available for viewing by the faculty of the Woodruff School via an internal web site. If a faculty member views your file and expresses an interest in working with you, we will notify you and continue to process your application. This evaluation will continue until April 15, 2017 and we will advise you of our decision at the latest by that date.

Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

**********************************************************************************

Mbok, is this a mild way of saying that my application is rejected?? angry angry. Please who know how their admission process works angry
Please tell me what you think about this feedback...
Thanks in anticipation....

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Denvan: 3:59am On Feb 04, 2017
Awesu122:

And for you to think my score is not genuine is absurd , am willing to pm you with my profile username and password , so that you can check through by yourself , you just here talking as if you know it all, ITK continue
All na shakara...calm down @"pm you with my profile username and password"
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 4:41am On Feb 04, 2017
OluDare01:

You in Denton
yes boss
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 4:43am On Feb 04, 2017
Fortissimo502:

Dude I'm telling u. That's why i asked for the breakdown of the GRE score.
grin grin grin grin Abeg let the guy be great o grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 5:20am On Feb 04, 2017
tomisinobm:

Thank you so much.
Went today to the SSA office. Turns out the people I spoke to on phone and the guy who initially enrolled didn't have a clue of what do. It was verified and corrected in my presence today.
I should get I in 7-10 business days.

Thank you.

Good for you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cseejhay: 6:07am On Feb 04, 2017
kallowdean:
GOOD NEWS!!!
I have really learnt a lot here. Kudos peeps... grin grin grin
Guyz do not underestimate your degree. USA is the land of opportunity.
Some Universities In the USA have accepted my ND+HND (Together as an undergraduate degree equivalent to the USA Bachelors Degree)
Guyz, What you do is to search for schools that evaluate transcripts internally by themselves OR you opt to explore the option of WES.
I guess my Upper Credit in my HND result was a plus for the acceptance.
Next for me is to forward my GRE for funding...

Cheers!!!

Nice one.I sent you a PM,pls reply.Thanks.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by alocathedral: 6:54am On Feb 04, 2017
Has anyone been offered funding for Michigan tech.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 7:02am On Feb 04, 2017
OluDare01:

Hey man!
No, you don't have to submit health form and bank statement with your application, that would come much later after admission.
Second, yes scanned copies are accepted for admission. You just have to submit the original documents before registration.
And, I did a quick check on you and discovered that you wanna apply to CheE. The chemical engineering department only gave preference to PhD students leaving MSc students hanging. My roommate has not even gotten funding, that's how serious the issue is. Unless you're on a RA;which is better, getting a TA is a long shot.
I have been discouraging people from applying to tech because of the funding issue. Shoot me a pm let's talk better.

Thank you for your response. Yes, you discouraged me when I asked. But I found a Professor who said she would love to have me in her research group based on my background and recommended that I apply and carry her along. I had taken my mind off the school till I saw the mail.

The pm system seems not to be working. I have sent two PMs now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by mjksho(m): 7:05am On Feb 04, 2017
alocathedral:

Don't put your mind on Michigan Tech. They are stingy people. Except you are going for Ph.D. Me sef dey wait funding for there while looking elsewhere.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 7:09am On Feb 04, 2017
fredoricko:

You're just something else.
No one is an island, neither does one know it all. Often times when different and unrelated people begin to complain about a behavioural trait, a prudent person would reassess and make changes. Don't be adamant. The principle behind some of your post shows Wisdom. Prove you're wise, relax on your belligerence.

I do interact with a few people here outside of the forum and i also have quite a lot of family and friends outside of here... i would be worried if they all had the same opinion. As that has not happened, forgive me if i'm not very inclined to take your highfalutin opinion. Thanks for the note either way.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 7:11am On Feb 04, 2017
cosxzbay:

Seriously!!! I can't believe what I am reading. I think you should be very ethical in your response. This is a forum!

1. Obviously you have no idea what the term "ethical" means.
2. The fact that this is a forum means whatever you post is fair game.
3. I'm not the only one who doubted your score... there are least two posts here saying the exact same thing, and obviously the VO thought the same...
4. It really is a free world. As you can see, every one has an opinion on my "ethics" (or lack of it)... i haven't died yet. Trust me, you won't die either. Water off a duck's back... what is said on a forum should not define your day or your outlook on life. Have fun.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:46am On Feb 04, 2017
alocathedral:
For where?
The school doesn't fund most international students during their first semester
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:51am On Feb 04, 2017
TWoods:

I do interact with a few people here outside of the forum and i also have quite a lot of family and friends outside of here... i would be worried if they all had the same opinion. As that has not happened, forgive me if i'm not very inclined to take your highfalutin opinion. Thanks for the note either way.
Highfalutin opinion? Really? Either you're joking and didn't mean that, or you're just too myopic that you fail to see the irony in that phrase.
Highfalutin? undecided
FYI, don't quote this post, Mr. Perfect Twoods undecided

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by TWoods(m): 8:02am On Feb 04, 2017
fredoricko:

Highfalutin opinion? Really? Either you're joking and didn't mean that, or you're just too myopic that you fail to see the irony in that phrase.
Highfalutin? undecided
FYI, don't quote this post, Mr. Perfect Twoods undecided

You really have an inflated opinion of yourself too don't you? I mean, for all your caterwauling...

I shouldn't quote the post because? Its copyrighted or something? My brother... have some sleep.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by cosxzbay: 9:08am On Feb 04, 2017
TWoods:

1. Obviously you have no idea what the term "ethical" means.
2. The fact that this is a forum means whatever you post is fair game.
3. I'm not the only one who doubted your score... there are least two posts here saying the exact same thing, and obviously the VO thought the same...
4. It really is a free world. As you can see, every one has an opinion on my "ethics" (or lack of it)... i haven't died yet. Trust me, you won't die either. Water off a duck's back... what is said on a forum should not define your day or your outlook on life. Have fun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:18am On Feb 04, 2017
TWoods:

You really have an inflated opinion of yourself too don't you? I mean, for all your caterwauling...

I shouldn't quote the post because? Its copyrighted or something? My brother... have some sleep.
Have some sleep? Really? It's day break in Nigeria. For one who claims to be in US, that's ironic, cos you should be sleeping.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 10:19am On Feb 04, 2017
@ ruxxz and sirRiddy, thanks a lot for ur contribution.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neurosci: 10:35am On Feb 04, 2017
ologun01:
Anybody know anything about University of Dayton , Ohio ( How good it is)

I got accepted there last year. Is your question based on grad or undergrad?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OGreene: 11:38am On Feb 04, 2017
Cleveland State Uni
Lincoln State Uni
Does anyone in the house know anything about these schools?

Awesu122, so you dont want to apply to other top schools because of essays and resume. But most of us provided these na. Thats a normal thing for grad school application. You conquered the GRE, the essay shouldn't a problem Just ask for samples to get a hint of how to write yours. Please do a search on the net, you will gain alot and even jam other student fora. Remember that the essay must match your profile, the course and the school you are applying to. Don't just dub ooo.
Check essayforum.com and thegradcafe.com

Awesu122:

Thanks so much for your suggestion bro and God bless you, looking to put in for fall admission in Cleveland state university OHIO or Lincon state university Oakland CA , all other top schools needs , things like me providing my CV, writing essay, Resume , and maybe interview as well, all these ain't problem for me if I see someone that would put me through on how to go about it, example OHIO state university neeeds all these have listed before admission could be considered

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 11:51am On Feb 04, 2017
OGreene:
Cleveland State Uni
Lincoln State Uni
Does anyone in the house know anything about these schools?

Awesu122, so you dont want to apply to other top schools because of essays and resume. But most of us provided these na. Thats a normal thing for grad school application. You conquered the GRE, the essay shouldn't a problem Just ask for samples to get a hint of how to write yours. Please do a search on the net, you will gain alot and even jam other student fora. Remember that the essay must match your profile, the course and the school you are applying to. Don't just dub ooo.
Check essayforum.com and thegradcafe.com

Another help coming from another person I don't know thanks so so much once again, you just conquered my fear I would check for samples and see how it goes , moreover does some top schools give TOEFL waver in lieu of GRE ? That another question very important to me , please I await honest response

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.