Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:44 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (23) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695873 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:34am On Feb 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Well done to those organising this promo.. kudos

Just want to point out instead of going through ETS directly and paying $205 ....which is 94k naira . It been stated here off a center that has vouchers and register for half this price .....

If not the expected half of what the winners are to pay is the full price as going through the center
Good Suggestion...Walspring....Over
Do you Read. .. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kallowdean(m): 6:59am On Feb 03, 2017
[quote author=LagosismyHome post=53369368]

Well done to those organising this promo.. kudos

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DAramis: 7:23am On Feb 03, 2017
Good morning all.
A prospective applicant.
I will try and do my own research and if there are questions, I will bring it to the thread.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Gunnerson: 7:41am On Feb 03, 2017
Walspring:

I got pm from olayinka but I don't know if it's you..

But you can resend it again

Baba na me be Olayinka o. And I just sent you a mail again now.

Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:42am On Feb 03, 2017
slimmy2005:
have you been here for 1year?

Yes brotherly, this is my 2nd year. Please any info no matter how lil would definitely help!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:43am On Feb 03, 2017
TWoods:

No work authorization for your first year. Then you can apply for authorization to work 20 hours/week maximum. Ask your international student advisor for assistance.
Bro so I cannot go beyond 20hours per week? And it's my 2nd year?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by ChristoBam: 8:06am On Feb 03, 2017
Please this work authorisation stuff is already confusing.Please can an international student work in his/her 1st year at all or not
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 8:43am On Feb 03, 2017
ChristoBam:
Please this work authorisation stuff is already confusing.Please can an international student work in his/her 1st year at all or not

First year no , only campus and up to 20 hours.....
Second year ....yes it possible if you get approved to work outside and up to 40 hours based on economic hardship .... see link

https://www.nairaland.com/3285858/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part/41#48862390

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 8:47am On Feb 03, 2017
ChristoBam:

If you use Google to search it is quite clear.

http://www.immihelp.com/visas/studentvisa/working-parttime.html
https://www.internationalstudent.com/study_usa/way-of-life/working-in-the-usa/

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 9:10am On Feb 03, 2017
TWoods:

What happened to your previous visa?

Good morning boss
VO don't seems to believe in calums , I went for interview last week VO held on to my gre score of 323 and gave me a blank GSS form that I would need i would need it to pick up my VIsA only for me to have the shock of my life on Monday when a blue paper came and my GRE result came back with my passport , I must say that was after my 4th attempt , anytime they interview me all they tell me is how Bad CALUMS is, so am thinking I could put in for MBA in another university for coming admission season , I just need a school that accept GRE alone with my credentials and not me trying to write any TOEFL , the truth is am devastated , because I have made plans over the weekend , but then I have moved on
I would really appreciate if you could suggest a school and am even thinking of studying for MSC in accounting either MBA or MSC in accounting
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 9:10am On Feb 03, 2017
Thanks for the response WES has already acknowledged the delivery of my documents on Wednesday for them to say again that they are waiting for required documents from me it makes to wonder what's going about the whole thing
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Oseni007(m): 10:35am On Feb 03, 2017
Lincoln university in Oakland,California, Morehead University,Cleveland state university.
Awesu122:

Good morning boss
VO don't seems to believe in calums , I went for interview last week VO held on to my gre score of 323 and gave me a blank GSS form that I would need i would need it to pick up my VIsA only for me to have the shock of my life on Monday when a blue paper came and my GRE result came back with my passport , I must say that was after my 4th attempt , anytime they interview me all they tell me is how Bad CALUMS is, so am thinking I could put in for MBA in another university for coming admission season , I just need a school that accept GRE alone with my credentials and not me trying to write any TOEFL , the truth is am devastated , because I have made plans over the weekend , but then I have moved on
I would really appreciate if you could suggest a school and am even thinking of studying for MSC in accounting either MBA or MSC in accounting
Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 10:59am On Feb 03, 2017
Awesu122:

Good morning boss
Thanks

VOs believe in CALUMS just fine - we approve many people to go there. You jus have to be able to credibly answer the questions. If you are telling us it is a top ranked school and that is why you applied there... well, we are going to talk about top ranked schools with you.

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kenmenia19: 11:15am On Feb 03, 2017
Good morning everyone , this site has helped me so much, I av been following nairalamd since last year , even tho Canada refused me visa 2times last year. But now I want to try America , and I'm 22 tho I'm applying for a bsc program . I have Stratford university in mind , coz I don't av to write any exam. But I want to know if it's a good idea, because I don't want to waste this year again , I was in Unizik wen I got the admission last year taught I was going to get the visa too bad I didn't. I really need ur help guys. This is my first post here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kenmenia19: 11:18am On Feb 03, 2017
Walspring:

Yes ooo
Good morning everyone , this site has helped me so much, I av been following nairalamd since last year , even tho Canada refused me visa 2times last year. But now I want to try America , and I'm 22 tho I'm applying for a bsc program . I have Stratford university in mind , coz I don't av to write any exam. But I want to know if it's a good idea, because I don't want to waste this year again , I was in Unizik wen I got the admission last year taught I was going to get the visa too bad I didn't. I really need ur help guys. This is my first post here
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
chuksproxy:

Yes brotherly, this is my 2nd year. Please any info no matter how lil would definitely help!
Well, you need to first talk with your International student advisor of your intention. To make your case strong, you would need to explain in writing why you want the EAD and circumstance behind such. If you can get an affidavit of loss of sponsorship from Nigeria and probably new headlines stating the recent recession in Nigeria as well as the inability to source for exchange, It would greatly help your case. You can get a fee waiver for the i-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). All you need to do is to fill the I-912(request for fee waiver) USCIS usually approves it if you are able to get better documentation.

I can send you samples of forms and documents that might help your case. If you're interested then shoot me a PM.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 12:38pm On Feb 03, 2017
kenmenia19:
You might end up wasting another year with such phrases in mind. Go and write those exams.

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by phone: 1:04pm On Feb 03, 2017
Good Afternoon sirs.
Pls, i join this group for your help, i wish to travel to america and have my postgraduate degree.
I have a my GRE score of 272 and my GPA is 2.64 on 5:00 scale, pls can u help me with school that i can apply to with low application fee.

I applied to University of Minnesota last year and i wasn't given admission, though the reasons were not given.

Pls, i need ur help on schools that except me with my grades.
Thank you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by worry357: 1:08pm On Feb 03, 2017
phone:
Good Afternoon sirs.
Pls, i join this group for your help, i wish to travel to america and have my postgraduate degree.
I have a my GRE score of 272 and my GPA is 2.64 on 5:00 scale, pls can u help me with school that i can apply to with low application fee.

I applied to University of Minnesota last year and i wasn't given admission, though the reasons were not given.

Thank you.

We do not have a crystal ball to divine information!
If you told us what your first degree was in and some background people might be able to advise.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kenmenia19: 1:15pm On Feb 03, 2017
slimmy2005:
You might end up wasting another year with such phrases in mind. Go and write those exams.
the school actually accepted to grant me an admission without the exam , but I meant SAT and TOFEL.i want to know if it will affect me while applying for visa
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 1:16pm On Feb 03, 2017
LagosNIV:

VOs believe in CALUMS just fine - we approve many people to go there. You jus have to be able to credibly answer the questions. If you are telling us it is a top ranked school and that is why you applied there... well, we are going to talk about top ranked schools with you.

Thanks for your response , please discuss with me about top ranked schools am all ears , moreover still wanna know why a blank GSS form was handed over to me and my application was later denied ? My GRE result was taken as well with my passport , I guess VO away surprised with my score as well and why I wanna go to calums with that score , which is why I keep asking if CALuMs is a bad school , because this is my 4th attempt sadly
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:19pm On Feb 03, 2017
phone:
Good Afternoon sirs.

Thank you.

@bold
University of Minnesota is a good school... your Gpa is on low side and so is your GRE. The most likely reason is these two don't make you a strong candidate for that school ......

Also you state help on school but you didn't state what course. Half information ?

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:21pm On Feb 03, 2017
Awesu122:

Thanks for your response , please discuss with me about top ranked schools am all ears , moreover still wanna know why a blank GSS form was handed over to me and my application was later denied ? My GRE result was taken as well with my passport , I guess VO away surprised with my score as well and why I wanna go to calums with that score , which is why I keep asking if CALuMs is a bad school , because this is my 4th attempt sadly

If your 4th attempt with this same school ? ....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 1:26pm On Feb 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

If your 4th attempt with this same school ? ....
Yes same school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 1:35pm On Feb 03, 2017
Awesu122:

Yes same school

NA wa for u ooo.... so after 2nd attempt while didn't u sit down and see what could be the problem if possible changing school

Although the VO Pointed out today that others are given with that school

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 1:36pm On Feb 03, 2017
slimmy2005:
Well, you need to first talk with your International student advisor of your intention. To make your case strong, you would need to explain in writing why you want the EAD and circumstance behind such. If you can get an affidavit of loss of sponsorship from Nigeria and probably new headlines stating the recent recession in Nigeria as well as the inability to source for exchange, It would greatly help your case. You can get a fee waiver for the i-765 (Application for Employment Authorization). All you need to do is to fill the I-912(request for fee waiver) USCIS usually approves it if you are able to get better documentation.

I can send you samples of forms and documents that might help your case. If you're interested then shoot me a PM.

You're definitely a boss. Pm-ng you ASAP. I can't explain the thanks. I really appreciate your contribution.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Awesu122: 1:48pm On Feb 03, 2017
LagosismyHome:

NA wa for u ooo.... so after 2nd attempt while didn't u sit down and see what could be the problem if possible changing school

Although the VO Pointed out today that others are given with that school

You so right
But all the VO that has interviewed always have something to say about the school, which is how low rated the school is, the last VO who interviewed me was surprised I had 323 in GRE and still wanna attend this school
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 1:54pm On Feb 03, 2017
Hi everyone. How is the Spring semester going? Na die for here o. I no sabi say grad sch hard like this o grin grin God dey sha. Is anyone planning to come to University of North Texas in the Fall semester? Such person(S) should DM me. Make me sef epp person as my boss GboyegaD don epp me grin grin Bros,i dey hail o. How is Calgary?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 1:59pm On Feb 03, 2017
slimmy2005:
Bros.. you gotta be willing to put in a lotta work. Try to write SAT and TOEFL.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Christian129(m): 2:01pm On Feb 03, 2017
kenmenia19:
the school actually accepted to grant me an admission without the exam , but I meant SAT and TOFEL.i want to know if it will affect me while applying for visa
that u have admission doesnt mean u would get the visa. standardized tests increase your credibility and possibility of funding.

(1) (2) (3) ... (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.