Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,050 members, 7,810,892 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:47 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (258) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (693731 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by neahyo(m): 12:46pm On May 30, 2017
I want to use this medium to appreciate our own very first lady on this forum. She has been wonderful, helpful and ....[please borrow me adjectives that ends with 'ful']. I can't thank her enough for her immense support.

Lagosismyhome, don't worry from today henceforth Lagos only won't be your home, goodness, mercy, favor, God's protection, preservation, peace, progress, prosperity, purity, promotion will also be your home.

I say a very BIG THANK YOU, you've been great and you remind me of Proverbs 31.

From a grateful heart.

20 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 1:52pm On May 30, 2017
Bibiakonure:
i got funding from the school tho. And i have seen another Nigerian student who got funding.

Can i PM you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 2:03pm On May 30, 2017
Sweeny:
Come to think of it, I guess we've all accepted the 64k visa app fee? What about the Visa Officer who promised to get back to us?
Cc Lagosismyhome, Walspring et al
Everybody don relax na.. But those wey make effort try. But no other option than to pay am.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Chapecoense(m): 2:05pm On May 30, 2017
mudi1012:
All Glory and Honour be to the Most High God ...My Visa Was Approved this morning .I will post my transcript later .I am so excited and happy ..Special thanks to @Akin2016 for mentoring me and conducting mock interview for me .Also ,to those who post on here as well...I am proud to be part of this thread ..thanks guys grin grin grin grin grin
Congrats bro. Welcome on board grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Pmark888: 2:17pm On May 30, 2017
chimsimdindu:

Know that A1,B2, =4 POINTS
B3, C4 . = 3 points
C5, C6 = 2 points
D7,E8= 1point
Then take the average . divide by no of subjects
Thanks so much, this is really helpful

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 2:17pm On May 30, 2017
mudi1012:
All Glory and Honour be to the Most High God ...My Visa Was Approved this morning .I will post my transcript later .I am so excited and happy ..Special thanks to @Akin2016 for mentoring me and conducting mock interview for me .Also ,to those who post on here as well...I am proud to be part of this thread ..thanks guys grin grin grin grin grin
cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 2:30pm On May 30, 2017
chrisdavinci:
Should have posted this earlier. Got my VISA Approved on Friday at the US Embassy in Lagos. I want to say a big Thank You to the amazing people on this platform. I really learnt a lot from the good people here. I pray God perfect what concerns all of us.

All the best guys....#TEAMFALL17
Congratulations at least the mock interview we had was not in vain.. I'm happy for you brother!!!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:07pm On May 30, 2017
Tunnyz:

Congratulations at least the mock interview we had was not in vain.. I'm happy for you brother!!!
please tell your friend to post transcript
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 3:08pm On May 30, 2017
Tunnyz:

please pm me the mock interview.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by temi4fash(m): 3:13pm On May 30, 2017
Chapecoense:

Hey.. I had my interview Wednesday last week, same time and I stayed at a hotel called Corner 47, Very very close to obalende, It's at glover street in island..
So you can be able to meet ur appointment the following morning (obalende to embassy is 20 mins max).
Paid N4500 for a night And i think thats about the cheapest you will see there.
Good luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 3:19pm On May 30, 2017
chrisdavinci:
Should have posted this earlier. Got my VISA Approved on Friday at the US Embassy in Lagos. I want to say a big Thank You to the amazing people on this platform. I really learnt a lot from the good people here. I pray God perfect what concerns all of us.
Yh! I got to the embassy around 5:45am for my 7am appointment. I lodged in Yaba since I am not based in Lag and took an Uber to Walter Carrington. It was a rainy day tho.

My short tip:
Study the transcripts on here but dont memorize. Develop your own answers to the questions
Work on your self confidence...Major Key
Above All Pray and Trust God...Tho I wanted the VO that interviewed me while on the queue but deep inside I was telling myself that whoever it is that will interview me...I am going home with an approval.

All the best guys....#TEAMFALL17
Congrats bro....I love your transcript. Safe trip to ObamaLand TrumpLand, and see you in TAMUK.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 4:18pm On May 30, 2017
Hello House,

Please I need your advice. I plan to travel to Texas for my MS this coming Fall. My passport will expire by Feb 2018. I was at the Port Harcourt Immigration Office today with the hope of renewing the passport before applying for Visa. Unfortunately, I was told that renewal isn't possible since the expiration date is more than 6months from now. However, after explaining d reason for wanting to renew before d expiration date, the immigration officer said that only a reissue can be done, and that can be done only in Abuja Office. That it's a special case and as such, I'd have to pay at least 41k for the processing and also travel to Abuja for data capturing.

Now, if all these were to be done here in PH, I wouldn't really mind. But the challenge is on how to take days off work to travel to Abj coupled with d additional travelling expenses....fall application don suck my money finish cry. Please I'd like to know if I can travel with my old passport that will expire in Feb 2018 and renew it in US, because I don't know when I can possibly get a day or 2days off work to travel to Abj. This situation has created so many unanswered questions in my mind:

How easy is it to get passport renewed in US (Texas) and how much will it cost?

Will I have issue with my Visa interview consideration the expiration date on my current passport (Feb 18)?.....I hope to go for visa interview by June

Will there be any issue at POE?.....I intend to travel by July ending or beginning of Aug.

Please I need your advice and suggestion. Don't know what to do now.

cc: LagosIsMyHome, bigfrancis21, OjaP, imperiouxx, femi321, biikeys, slimmy2005 and every other contributor in this great forum....your usual pieces of advice will go a long way.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:36pm On May 30, 2017
seeker88:
Hello House,

Please I need your advice. I plan to travel to Texas for my MS this coming Fall. My passport will expire by Feb 2018. I was at the Port Harcourt Immigration Office today with the hope of renewing the passport before applying for Visa. Unfortunately, I was told that renewal isn't possible since the expiration date is more than 6months from now. However, after explaining d reason for wanting to renew before d expiration date, the immigration officer said that only a reissue can be done, and that can be done only in Abuja Office. That it's a special case and as such, I'd have to pay at least 41k for the processing and also travel to Abuja for data capturing.

Now, if all these were to be done here in PH, I wouldn't really mind. But the challenge is on how to take days off work to travel to Abj coupled with d additional travelling expenses....fall application don suck my money finish cry. Please I'd like to know if I can travel with my old passport that will expire in Feb 2018 and renew it in US, because I don't know when I can possibly get a day or 2days off work to travel to Abj. This situation has created so many unanswered questions in my mind:

Will I have issue with my Visa interview consideration the expiration date on my current passport (Feb 18)?.....I hope to go for visa interview by June

Will there be any issue at POE?.....I intend to travel by July ending or beginning of Aug.

Dont cause tension for yourself when there is no need

Yes you cannot renew your passport until 6 months , and all you need to do is ensure you travel 6 months to its expiry .....for example lets say your passport is expiring Feb 28th , you just need to have travelled by August 29th and you be fine ...... I don't knw what exact date in Feb your passport is expiring but I have given you a guide on how to calculate ......... Interview in June is fine as August XX is your day to watch out for . Based on a Feb expiry you should be fine

Yes you can renew once you get to the US .......How much ??, well you have to pay however it is as you need it and no pricing tongue.........., however there even seems to still be issues with booklet . ...I know a couple of people here who have renewed but no passport booklet (naija we hail thee jagajaga as ever , side eye angry )

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 4:43pm On May 30, 2017
neahyo:

Lagosismyhome, don't worry from today henceforth Lagos only won't be your home, goodness, mercy, favor, God's protection, preservation, peace, progress, prosperity, purity, promotion will also be your home.

Amen , I wish you the same.... Stay in touch

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Bibiakonure: 4:47pm On May 30, 2017
temi4fash:

Can i PM you
yes you can
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by damiliano(m): 4:49pm On May 30, 2017
Any intending bowie state university fall 2017 student in the house please
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by jesusbabe27: 4:49pm On May 30, 2017
Hello
I got admitted into New England college hamsphire for my masters program.
I want to ask if its a good school I can continue with because am about to my servis fee too.

Your opinion pls

Thanks

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 5:48pm On May 30, 2017
Good day house. Please i need clarifications on this. I have a National Diploma (GP 2.90/4) Nigeria standard and a B.Sc (3.91/5). I gained admission to the university through DE. If i want to evaluate my transcript, is it both transcript i will send to WES?

There is a place i saw a Wes reference number required before i can ask my school to send my transcript to Wes. I found out i have to register before i can get. I registered but there is a place i was required to make a payment of $167. Does this mean i have to make the payment before i will be given the reference number?

Thank you all. I will be waiting to hear from you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Perotti: 6:06pm On May 30, 2017
biikeys:

For insurance, check ISOA as already suggested, or just google international student insurance and look up some plans and reviews. The main challenge would be the insurance you choose meeting the requirements of your school. If I were you, I would print out different policy details from different insurance companies/agencies that show coverage and take those to the international office to ask what they would accept before buying any.
Install dealnews,coupons.com,slingdeals apps on your phone to get good prices when you need to make large purchases.
A few stores like Best Buy,Fry's,Target also match amazon prices. So if you see something you want on Amazon, and it's available in these stores. You can get them for the price you see online without having to wait for shipping. 6pm.com has decent, affordable shoes.
Phone plans...if you get a shared plan (family plan) with few friends, you'd typically pay less but may have to always run after people for payments at the end of billing cycles or your line would be cut off till you pay. If you don't want to do this, there is Lycamobile,straight talk and many other low tier carriers. Check for the coverage in your school though.

Generally..cost of living is not as high in Mid west, so you should be good.

Thank you very much bro. One more question pls do rooms fot rent come furnished or u furnish it yourself?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 6:16pm On May 30, 2017
Good people, how can i get cheap hotel close to the US embassy at abuja. My interview is coming very soon. I need hotel of around 7,000 to 10,000 per night
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 6:21pm On May 30, 2017
jesusbabe27:
Hello
I want to ask if its a good school I can continue with because am about to my servis fee too.

Your opinion pls

Thanks
school doesnt matter but its eaiser to obtain a visa with a top school. Walspring and lagosismyhome can help u.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 6:21pm On May 30, 2017
segunojo866:
Good people, how can i get cheap hotel close to the US embassy at abuja. My interview is coming very soon. I need hotel of around 7,000 to 10,000 per night
please reply me good people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2017
seeker88:
Hello House,

Please I need your advice. I plan to travel to Texas for my MS this coming Fall. My passport will expire by Feb 2018. I was at the Port Harcourt Immigration Office today with the hope of renewing the passport before applying for Visa. Unfortunately, I was told that renewal isn't possible since the expiration date is more than 6months from now. However, after explaining d reason for wanting to renew before d expiration date, the immigration officer said that only a reissue can be done, and that can be done only in Abuja Office.

cc: LagosIsMyHome, bigfrancis21, OjaP, imperiouxx, femi321, biikeys, slimmy2005 and every other contributor in this great forum....your usual pieces of advice will go a long way.
grin grin
Na Seeker88 dey one chance like this??
Chai.....
grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 6:23pm On May 30, 2017
segunojo866:
please tell your friend to post transcript
He's done that aiidy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:29pm On May 30, 2017
jesusbabe27:
Hello

Your opinion pls

Thanks
Which one is New England college ?
This school sounds like one chance to me, especially for VISA things. There are thousands of schools you should apply to bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by biikeys(m): 6:31pm On May 30, 2017
Perotti:

Thank you very much bro. One more question pls do rooms fot rent come furnished or u furnish it yourself?

They come in both. Better to get unfurnished, and you can furnish yourself as you wish...to save money
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:35pm On May 30, 2017
seeker88:
You can renew it here. It wouldn't cost you more than $200
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 6:36pm On May 30, 2017
seeker88:
Hello House,

Hey listen, don't renew yet in Nigeria. Go for your visa interview, get your visa and enter the US with it. Getting your visa with your passport will not be an issue. The last time I checked, the US embassy requires your passport's expiry date to be at least 6 months from when your visa is granted, in your case february from june or july, your visa interview date, is 8 or 7 months. Then you renew your passport come January next year in the US. Renewal here takes a few weeks to about a month or so for the new one to be ready. About 4 people I know have renewed their passports here in the US. Don't think too much about it.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 6:37pm On May 30, 2017
slimmy2005:
You can renew it here. It wouldn't cost you more than $200
shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 6:56pm On May 30, 2017
electronic:

shocked
You don run do exchange rate. Situation would change when he gets here. After a semester he would adjust to US spending without exchange rate consideration

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Perotti: 6:59pm On May 30, 2017
biikeys:

They come in both. Better to get unfurnished, and you can furnish yourself as you wish...to save money

Thank you boss

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (255) (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.