Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,210 members, 7,815,225 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:19 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (259) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (695192 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by kokoboy4life(m): 7:12pm On May 30, 2017
Hello Good Evening to Everyone on here I need someone to help me with schools that don't require Exams for their admission.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:14pm On May 30, 2017
kokoboy4life:
Hello Good Evening to Everyone on here I need someone to help me with schools that don't require Exams for their admission.
Google is your best friend.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 7:20pm On May 30, 2017
kokoboy4life:
bro, go and take standard test inorder to get into a top school with scholarship and get your visa approved with less stress

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 7:22pm On May 30, 2017
segunojo866:
please reply me good people
pls reply me good nairaland people
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by segunojo866: 7:27pm On May 30, 2017
akokoboy4life:
but if u insist on not taking d exams. U can apply to skagit valley college and tacoma college and troy university . No test require. After arriving in d united state u will waste cash taking english courses for one year. Also it will be a miracle if your visa got approved.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2017
@Texrem
Thanks for helping out on the SEVIS fees!!
I am truly grateful.. cool wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 7:42pm On May 30, 2017
LagosismyHome:

Dont cause tension for yourself when there is no need

Yes you cannot renew your passport until 6 months , and all you need to do is ensure you travel 6 months to its expiry .....for example lets say your passport is expiring Feb 28th , you just need to have travelled by August 29th and you be fine ...... I don't knw what exact date in Feb your passport is expiring but I have given you a guide on how to calculate ......... Interview in June is fine as August XX is your day to watch out for . Based on a Feb expiry you should be fine

Yes you can renew once you get to the US .......How much ??, well you have to pay however it is as you need it and no pricing tongue.........., however there even seems to still be issues with booklet . ...I know a couple of people here who have renewed but no passport booklet (naija we hail thee jagajaga as ever , side eye angry )

Thank you so much for taking out time to provide such a detailed response. Your response has provided a great relief.....**deep sigh**

Yea, the exact expiration date is 18 Feb 2018. I plan to be out before 19 August '17. For passport booklet, they actually have booklets now in PH and also Abuja....saw someone who applied today was asked to come back tomorrow for d booklet collection.

Thanks again for this swift response.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 7:48pm On May 30, 2017
electronic:

grin grin
Na Seeker88 dey one chance like this??
Chai.....
grin

I never thought of this until now .....na real one chance oo grin. But the great advice from my bosses here has given me a relief....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 7:50pm On May 30, 2017
slimmy2005:
You can renew it here. It wouldn't cost you more than $200

Oh, thanks boss....it seems even more cost effective to renew it there than d wahala that would be involved doing so here. Thanks again....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by HeNeverFails: 7:52pm On May 30, 2017
Evening good people! Can I print my DS 160 confirmation page in black and white or must it be coloured to take for interview?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 7:52pm On May 30, 2017
HeNeverFails:
Evening good people! Can I print my DS 160 confirmation page in black and white or must it be coloured to take for interview?

Colored.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 7:54pm On May 30, 2017
Helkayklassic:
Good day house. Please i need clarifications on this. I have a National Diploma (GP 2.90/4) Nigeria standard and a B.Sc (3.91/5). I gained admission to the university through DE. If i want to evaluate my transcript, is it both transcript i will send to WES?

There is a place i saw a Wes reference number required before i can ask my school to send my transcript to Wes. I found out i have to register before i can get. I registered but there is a place i was required to make a payment of $167. Does this mean i have to make the payment before i will be given the reference number?

Thank you all. I will be waiting to hear from you.

Bigfrancis21 Slimmy2005 lagosismyhome please help me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 7:55pm On May 30, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Hey listen, don't renew yet in Nigeria. Go for your visa interview, get your visa and enter the US with it. Getting your visa with your passport will not be an issue. Then you renew your passport come January next year in the US. Renewal here takes a few weeks to about a month or so for the new one to be ready. About 4 people I know have renewed their passports here in the US. Don't think too much about it.
Thanks baba....your advice is well appreciated. Another great relief through this response. I'm grateful Sir...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:56pm On May 30, 2017
good to hear
electronic:
@Texrem
Thanks for helping out on the SEVIS fees!!
I am truly grateful.. cool wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by OluDare01(m): 7:58pm On May 30, 2017
HeNeverFails you can print black and white or colored. Those things don't count

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by oladave02: 8:01pm On May 30, 2017
HeNeverFails:

Mine was B&W. it really doesn't matter.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 8:02pm On May 30, 2017
HeNeverFails:
Yes u can print in black and white but if u hv access to coloured printer u can use dt instead
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 8:02pm On May 30, 2017
Helkayklassic:
Good day house. Please i need clarifications on this. I have a National Diploma (GP 2.90/4) Nigeria standard and a B.Sc (3.91/5). I gained admission to the university through DE. If i want to evaluate my transcript, is it both transcript i will send to WES?

There is a place i saw a Wes reference number required before i can ask my school to send my transcript to Wes. I found out i have to register before i can get. I registered but there is a place i was required to make a payment of $167. Does this mean i have to make the payment before i will be given the reference number?

I think you would have to send the transcript for both ur ND and bachelor degree to WES for complete evaluation.

And for the reference number, you would have to choose you desired evaluation option and make your payment before you can get that unique reference number. The ref number is automatically assigned to you at d completion of your payment. You can't send your Transcript from your school to WES for evaluation without making the necessary payment, otherwise, your transcript won't be considered ....so u must make the payment, get ur reference number and then send your transcript to them for evaluation.

Hope this helps....the gurus in d house can add more to this, especially in the area of sending both your ND and bachelor degree transcript to WES

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2017
oladave02:

Mine was B&W. it really doesn't matter.
Very true ✌
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by seeker88(m): 8:03pm On May 30, 2017
slimmy2005:
You don run do exchange rate. Situation would change when he gets here. After a semester he would adjust to US spending without exchange rate consideration
I pray oo grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2017
lipsrsealed
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by electronic(m): 8:06pm On May 30, 2017
OluDare01:
good to hear
yeah bro... Thanks
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 8:10pm On May 30, 2017
Helkayklassic:

Yes you'll have to send both transcripts because you need to show 4 years of UG study for WES to convert your transcript to an equivalent 4-year US bachelor's degree. Given your entry into the university through DE (starting from 2nd year), your actual university course work is only 3 years and your OND transcript will make it up. Good news is that you need only apply for transcripts once each from both the poly and university and after the WES conversion, you just have WES forward your converted transcript to the schools you're applying to.

Also, you're paying for the wrong WES conversion. That $167 option you mentioned is the document by document evaluation or so, not sure. The option you should pick is the course-by-course evaluation which comes out to a total of $212. You have to make this payment in full before WES will issue you your reference number or proceed on anything regarding your file. The first copy mailed out by WES after conversion is free and instead of putting your home address there you can choose to put a school you're interested in applying to (make sure this school demands for converted transcripts as admission requirement, because not all schools do - some want it sent directly in raw form from your undergraduate universities) and WES will mail your first free copy to that school. Subsequent copies mailed out by WES cost $30 each. You can always view your translated transcript on your online account anyway.

As for your final gpa after conversion, your 2.9/4.0 OND gpa will stay fairly the same since it is already on the 4-point scale. Your UG gpa of 3.91/5.0 will come out to be around 3.3/4.0. The average of 3.3/4.0 and 2.9/4.0 being 3.1/4.0, + or - 0.05, final WES gpa.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:14pm On May 30, 2017
seeker88:

I think you would have to send the transcript for both ur ND and bachelor degree to WES for complete evaluation.

And for the reference number, you would have to choose you desired evaluation option and make your payment before you can get that unique reference number. The ref number is automatically assigned to you at d completion of your payment. You can't send your Transcript from your school to WES for evaluation without making the necessary payment, otherwise, your transcript won't be considered ....so u must make the payment, get ur reference number and then send your transcript to them for evaluation.

Hope this helps....the gurus in d house can add more to this, especially in the area of sending both your ND and bachelor degree transcript to WES

Thank you bro. I appreciate. Since it's a graduate course, i click on the course by course evaluation which is $160. The $7 on it is for standard delivery or so, which has two options, International courier $67 or the $7 for standard delivery. I don't really know how both works, i just clicked on the cheaper one. Since i have not make the payment i can still edit it whenever i feel like. I still need more contributions tho. Bless you man.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:20pm On May 30, 2017
[quote author=Helkayklassic post=57033677e please help me. [/quote]Yes you would send. It's transcript.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:21pm On May 30, 2017
bigfrancis21:

Yes you'll have to send both transcripts because you need to show 4 years of UG study for WES to convert your transcript to an equivalent 4-year US bachelor's degree. Given your entry into the university through DE (starting from 2nd year), your actual university course work is only 3 years and your OND transcript will make it up. Good news is that you need only apply for transcripts once each from both the poly and university and after the WES conversion, you just have WES forward your converted transcript to the schools you're applying to.

Also, you're paying for the wrong WES conversion. That $167 option you mentioned is the document by document evaluation or so, not sure. The option you should pick is the course-by-course evaluation which comes out to a total of $212. You have to make this payment in full before WES will issue you your reference number or proceed on anything regarding your file. The first copy mailed out by WES after conversion is free and instead of putting your home address there you can choose to put a school you're interested in applying to (make sure this school demands for converted transcripts as admission requirement, because not all schools do - some want it sent directly in raw form from your undergraduate universities) and WES will mail your first free copy to that school. Subsequent copies mailed out by WES cost $30 each. You can always view your translated transcript on your online account anyway.

As for your final gpa after conversion, your 2.9/4.0 OND gpa will stay fairly the same since it is already on the 4-point scale. Your UG gpa of 3.91/5.0 will come out to be around 3.3/4.0. The average of 3.3/4.0 and 2.9/4.0 being 3.1/4.0 ,+ or - 0.5, final WES gpa.

Thank you big boss. I clicked on the course by course bro. Here is an evidence.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by bigfrancis21: 8:27pm On May 30, 2017
Helkayklassic:

Thank you big boss. I clicked on the course by course bro. Here is an evidence.

That $160 option comes with only evaluation report, which is just a brief report saying that your transcripts were received and verified..., something in that line. It does not come with your translated transcript which is what you actually need as you're applying for admission.

The correct option to pick is the WES ICAP option (comes with transcript evaluation, total of $212). See the snapshot attached. It's the option every prospective graduate student pays for.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:27pm On May 30, 2017
See how this OND pour sand sand for my garri. Thank you boss. God bless you.

As for your final gpa after conversion, your 2.9/4.0 OND gpa will stay fairly the same since it is already on the 4-point scale. Your UG gpa of 3.91/5.0 will come out to be around 3.3/4.0. The average of 3.3/4.0 and 2.9/4.0 being 3.1/4.0 ,+ or - 0.5, final WES gpa.[/quote]
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Helkayklassic(m): 8:32pm On May 30, 2017
bigfrancis21:

That $160 option comes with only evaluation report, which is just a brief report saying that your transcripts were received and verified..., something in that line. It does not come with your translated transcript which is what you actually need as you're applying for admission.

The correct option to pick is the WES ICAP option (comes with transcript evaluation, total of $212). See the snapshot attached. It's the option every prospective graduate student pays for.

Oh my bad. Thank you so much. I clicked on the Basic. Information is power. Another question, can you please explain the meaning of the standard delivery which is $7 and the other international courier which is $67? Thanks as i await your response.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by joeluv: 8:38pm On May 30, 2017
Colour does not matter.
PapiSmith:

Colored.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 30, 2017
joeluv:
Colour does not matter.

It will matter when you are sent back from the screening gate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by onicemus1(m): 8:58pm On May 30, 2017
PapiSmith:

[b][/b]It will matter when you are sent back from the screening gate[b] [/b]
Well I don't think it does, mine was B&W and funny, the vo didn't even look at the ds160.. the people in charge of screening didn't bother as well so far the confirmation code is clearly seen..

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (256) (257) (258) (259) (260) (261) (262) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.