Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,795 members, 7,817,291 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:43 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 - Travel (285) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 (696032 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 14 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 13 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (409) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:06pm On Jun 04, 2017
successflow:

he has done that, they told him to be patient that they will call him when the letter got to their centre

Where is the person staying ? Maybe I can figure out a solution for him
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:09pm On Jun 04, 2017
goryorhal:
Hello Everyone!!!!!!!!
How much is SEVIES fees now in naira...........

Thanks

You do conversion back to naira when you get the exchange rate
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:11pm On Jun 04, 2017
successflow:

he has done that, they told him to be patient that they will call him when the letter got to their centre

No be small thing oo. Nah so the queue plenty wey dem never reach him turn to call am since
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goryorhal(m): 10:12pm On Jun 04, 2017
Walspring:

You do conversion back to naira when you get the exchange rate

Wale how far.... na $200..... how much person go need to send across to someone over there to pay in naira..

Hope u dey hear from happney ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 10:16pm On Jun 04, 2017
goryorhal:

Wale how far.... na $200..... how much person go need to send across to someone over there to pay in naira..

It depend on who wanted to help pay but WU charges is $10.50
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by DimmyCho(m): 10:54pm On Jun 04, 2017
frankie2K:
Pls house if WES evaluate ur gp (3.12/5) to be 3.05/4, what will it be if school evaluates it themselves.
Yours is cool,I used ECE cos of cheaper cost.my 3.65 was converted to 3.05... Wished I used WES
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 10:58pm On Jun 04, 2017
Walspring:

Where is the person staying ? Maybe I can figure out a solution for him
Igando, alimosho Lagos state
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2017
Walspring:

No be small thing oo. Nah so the queue plenty wey dem never reach him turn to call am since
grin
Walspring:

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Hushee(m): 11:02pm On Jun 04, 2017
Emmyirab:
you sent me a pm
Yes bro, I've also replied with my enquiry.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 11:05pm On Jun 04, 2017
electronic:

grin
Don't mind them na so so ETSU..... angry
Lol Shebi u aff join em
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Tunnyz(m): 11:08pm On Jun 04, 2017
pingjosh:
Pls I want to ask. When asked are u coming back after your studies, is it ok to tell the VO “no I will like to work for 1yr during my OPT (optional practical training) before I return to Nigeria??
Lol kindly read previous transcript on here and you'll be fine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:18pm On Jun 04, 2017
successflow:

Igando, alimosho Lagos state

Tell the person to go Agege post office with national ID or driver license or international passport that's where you will get it since it was sent via USPS and Agege post office is one of USPS outlet under Nipost

I just hope it has not been returned since you didn't go to claim it after 10 days or so.

But when you get o Agege you will get more first class info about it or where it is
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 11:38pm On Jun 04, 2017
Please how can I get to Walter Carrington from Council at Idimu? My visa interview is scheduled for this Thursday.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Jesusbabygirl(f): 12:07am On Jun 05, 2017
Zeng:
Please how can I get to Walter Carrington from Council at Idimu? My visa interview is scheduled for this Thursday.
It depends on when you plan to leave home:

5 - 5:45m: You will find private cars or buses going to Obalende or VI. Tell the driver you are going to drop at checking point

Afterwards: You have to take a bus to egbeda, then take a bus to Obalende....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 12:13am On Jun 05, 2017
Zeng:
take a bus either from ikotun or iyana ipaja going to oshodi or obalende cms, it depend then from obalende take a bike going to eko hotel drop at Walter carrington(American Embassy)cross to the other side just walk in a little and asked Good luck...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by successflow(m): 12:16am On Jun 05, 2017
Walspring:

Tell the person to go Agege post office with national ID or driver license or international passport that's where you will get it since it was sent via USPS and Agege post office is one of USPS outlet under Nipost

I just hope it has not been returned since you didn't go to claim it after 10 days or so.

But when you get o Agege you will get more first class info about it or where it is
that's OK, thank so much.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Zeng(f): 12:19am On Jun 05, 2017
Jesusbabygirl:
It depends on when you plan to leave home:

5 - 5:45m: You will find private cars or buses going to Obalende or VI. Tell the driver you are going to drop at checking point

Afterwards: You have to take a bus to egbeda, then take a bus to Obalende....
successflow:

take a bus either from ikotun or iyana ipaja going to oshodi or obalende cms, it depend then from obalende take a bike going to eko hotel drop at Walter carrington(American Embassy)cross to the other side just walk in a little and asked Good luck...

Thanks guys wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by happney65: 12:43am On Jun 05, 2017
goryorhal:

Oloshi,Why you dey shout my name for here?Hunnnnn
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Fortunate4real: 3:22am On Jun 05, 2017
Hi,
I was denied visa two months ago,
I think because I was not convincing enough about my job description or probably fear of being denied.

I am planning to re-apply,
*I don't know what to do after paying the visa fee again.

*what should I expect?
**am I using the same ds 160 or I will fill a new one
***I need Orientation about visa re-application.

***** note:
I read the transcript part 10 b4 I went for the interview then.

I am new on this platform, please I need your guide towards getting my visa (I am expected to resume in August).
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by goryorhal(m): 6:03am On Jun 05, 2017
happney65:

Oloshi,Why you dey shout my name for here?Hunnnnn

bobo smoke dey ur head ooh .... u still dey alive sha?

What of ur baby girl ? tongue ow she dey ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by pingjosh(m): 10:18am On Jun 05, 2017
imperiouxx:

Why would you be talking about opt or even say "work" when opt is a segment in the education you're about to receive?

Okay then, so it's best to say returning back after graduation right? Just wanna be sure
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:49am On Jun 05, 2017
pingjosh:

Okay then, so it's best to say returning back after graduation right? Just wanna be sure

Lol. Do You really need someone to tell you an answer to this? Well, just be honest with your intentions when the VO asks. You'll be just fine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 10:54am On Jun 05, 2017
pingjosh:
Pls I want to ask. When asked are u coming back after your studies, is it ok to tell the VO “no I will like to work for 1yr during my OPT (optional practical training) before I return to Nigeria??

No it will be an unnecessary response...... everyone is given OPT so no need to state that . You need to talk about your future .

Imagine what exactly will you do once all visa has run out and you are in Nigeria . What exactly will you do ? That should be what your response should be

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 10:56am On Jun 05, 2017
visa approved this morning !!!!

5 months ago wink grin
transcript loaded.... just here for Thanksgiving! Happy approval Day waiting for approval mates grin
I'm in my house come and beat me

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 10:58am On Jun 05, 2017
Teedawg:

5 months ago wink grin

transcript loaded....
just here for Thanksgiving!
Happy approval Day
waiting for approval mates grin
grin you don drink your herbs this morning so?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Teedawg: 11:01am On Jun 05, 2017
omoluabiguy:
grin you don drink your herbs this morning so?
grin grin half cup
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by omoluabiguy: 11:05am On Jun 05, 2017
cheesy cheesy cheesy you should complete the dose to restore normalcy

Teedawg:

grin grin half cup
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Nobody: 11:34am On Jun 05, 2017
Yhisman oooo.. grin
Teedawg:

5 months ago wink grin

transcript loaded....
just here for Thanksgiving!
Happy approval Day
waiting for approval mates grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 11:38am On Jun 05, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Walspring: 11:47am On Jun 05, 2017
Biggy911:
Gurus in the House:

Please what steps do you take when you get Visa stamping done for Fall 2017 but you discovered that you could not meet the resumption entry date in August and you intend to deffer to Spring 2018.
The main reason is that i have a professional exam to write in August Ending. I can't ignore the exams because i paid up 250K for the certification.

Kindly assist with all the steps to take to resume in spring:

You contact your school and defer the admission till spring 2018 and resume but make sure you ask them to send you update i20 because you need it to cross Poe
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by Biggy911(m): 12:06pm On Jun 05, 2017
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 11 by LagosismyHome(f): 12:09pm On Jun 05, 2017
Biggy911:

Sir,
will be needing to re-visit the Lagos embassy at all?

No you dont need a revisit if its spring ...but you will need a new updated i20 to reflect the new start date

(1) (2) (3) ... (282) (283) (284) (285) (286) (287) (288) ... (409)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 12 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / GENERAL Irish (student)visa & Work Permit-New THREAD***

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.